Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Only in this thread: Love for rapehorse (more than Wyald).

Honestly... You need an apostle to appear before the Eclipse, Zodd is gonna show up and rip it to shreds, it's the character development crossover point where Guts realizes that these apostle things can be beat ("not as bad as that time with Zodd"), and likely primes him to survive the Eclipse. Now then, what characteristics do YOU want this character to possess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
He should be someone who's evil is small and banal and petty, someone who reveals the human weakness that lies at the heart of every Apostle's strength.

That said you only need that at that point in the story for Guts' sake; the audience already knows from the Count in the prologue.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 11, 2017

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

Only in this thread: Love for rapehorse (more than Wyald).

Honestly... You need an apostle to appear before the Eclipse, Zodd is gonna show up and rip it to shreds, it's the character development crossover point where Guts realizes that these apostle things can be beat ("not as bad as that time with Zodd"), and likely primes him to survive the Eclipse. Now then, what characteristics do YOU want this character to possess?

Yeah, but why does he need to be playable? Just have him be a boss and be done with it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Neo_Crimson posted:

Yeah, but why does he need to be playable? Just have him be a boss and be done with it.

Because Musou bosses tend to be playerlike so there isn't much time lost making it so.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

He should be someone who's evil is small and banal and petty, someone who reveals the human weakness that lies at the heart of every Apostle's strength.
So in other words, Nina-apostle?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
From the gameplay videos I've seen Wyald actually looks like tons of fun to play.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
But but our outrage :negative:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Jesus Christ that is a lovingly crated Rapehorse.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Jesus Christ that is a lovingly crated Rapehorse.

if it makes you feel any better, wyald is a lovingly crafted rape-apostle

(i still feel gross)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I found out how the series ends.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
goons like beserk so much because grifith cucked guts

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
i too love the comics where men shove hard objects into one another

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

goons like beserk so much because grifith cucked guts

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The saddest dunk attempt I've ever seen. Heart was in the right place though.

Reading this drat series, I feel like I've spent nearly a decade getting dunked on by Miura. Oh wait, I have.:smith:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I saw this thread and clicked on it because I thought it was the HxH thread :smith:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

I saw this thread and clicked on it because I thought it was the HxH thread :smith:

You want the HiatusxHiatus thread.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Well after a great many months I read Berserk for the first time.

Can hiatus end plz :<

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

ManSedan posted:

The hiatus, much like the boat ride, will never end will end in about 7 years.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

ManSedan posted:

Each hiatus is now measured in Berserk-readings intervals. You should read it all again, paying close attention to all the allusions and shadowed intricacies. If we're lucky, one Berkserk-reading will be sufficient for the next chapter to appear.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EvTY9fGjuc

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Animating horses is difficult. Let's just put in the sound effect, okay?

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Matoi Ryuko posted:

You want the HiatusxHiatus thread.

Whoa motoii is in this thread now? And with a blue star?! Omedetou de gozaru

Because the only good manga left is on hold until early 2017, I'm going to be stuck in a shroom tripping hiatus until January 23rd (60 days or so from now). I need something to cheer me up.

Can you giffift me an avatar, for old times sake?

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

Metal Pink Babble posted:

Whoa motoii is in this thread now?

unfortunately

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

unfortunately

He needs to read Berserk more than me. Also, he shouls take great care in employing the apostraphe. Plural form(latin root) = hiatuses. Proprietary form = hiatus'. An apostraphe is an abbreviation to a word; the anime version, OVA, and vidcon versions of Berserk are merely abbreviations of a work of art in its perfect medium. It is perfect like the blacksmith who can only make swords, not mecha with gunswords. Miura can crosshatch while hurling empty sake bottles at his staff for not appreciating Idolmaster because it is what he does well.

My burning passion (*adjusts mask*) for Machoii to actually sit down and read Berserk burns like an ember from a stray cigarette, resting apprehensively in a bed of pinestraw, heaped on a roadside that cuts through a drought-stricken forest full of bears and cougars. The thread title also doesn't do the manga justice (justice is very important), it needs to reference the work so n00bs know it is good/cool.

My avatar has gone missing, some knave stole it! I made it in Gimp, it is the fiber of my forum life!!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Same. :smith:

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
hunter x hunter is no longer in production. i wish my friend back in middle school knew i would gladly trade him blank vhs tapes for fansubs. he had one of those double-bay video tape things, and was a major animu otaku. I still havent read it.

Luckily, the burger which is made of mechanically separated ribmeat and textured soy shaped into rib-shaped patties has returned for a limited tiem.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

hunter x hunter is no longer in production. i wish my friend back in middle school knew i would gladly trade him blank vhs tapes for fansubs. he had one of those double-bay video tape things, and was a major animu otaku. I still havent read it.

Luckily, the burger which is made of mechanically separated ribmeat and textured soy shaped into rib-shaped patties has returned for a limited tiem.

You can check out the new anime on Netflix or Crunchyroll, if you're interested. It's good, and more faithful to the manga than the original anime (which got... Weird at times, though still followed things more or less).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

For a second I thought you were suggesting someone watch the new Berserk anime

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you want to torture yourself and wonder why God has forsaken us, watch Berserk 2016.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If you want to torture yourself and wonder why God has forsaken us, watch Berserk 2016.

It's a very immersive experience like that.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

He needs to read Berserk more than me. Also, he shouls take great care in employing the apostraphe. Plural form(latin root) = hiatuses. Proprietary form = hiatus'. An apostraphe is an abbreviation to a word; the anime version, OVA, and vidcon versions of Berserk are merely abbreviations of a work of art in its perfect medium. It is perfect like the blacksmith who can only make swords, not mecha with gunswords. Miura can crosshatch while hurling empty sake bottles at his staff for not appreciating Idolmaster because it is what he does well.

My burning passion (*adjusts mask*) for Machoii to actually sit down and read Berserk burns like an ember from a stray cigarette, resting apprehensively in a bed of pinestraw, heaped on a roadside that cuts through a drought-stricken forest full of bears and cougars. The thread title also doesn't do the manga justice (justice is very important), it needs to reference the work so n00bs know it is good/cool.

My avatar has gone missing, some knave stole it! I made it in Gimp, it is the fiber of my forum life!!
http://imgur.com/qPCvBb6

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:wtc:

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I get that often, friends. I. Get. That. Quite often.

It was mostly just a jab to an old forum friend. Nothing personal. I understand both of you enjoy the same thing as me, and that is really cool. Maybe we can be friends.

AW, you sperg pretty righteous, and we share a true love for a great work. I like to pack a bit of humor in telling it as it is. This pause is an injustice to fans, considering how during a three year ship voyage the art style evolved, and the pacing indicates the author needs another epiphany quick (psilocybin, referenced in the previous chapter, is not as controlled in East Asia as it is in the western hemispheres, and is a really cool yet risky way of inducing a drastic yet effective removal of the curse of writers' block;)

I can Almost guarantee January 23rd will bring a new installment to the manga. I could care less about games and anime cash-ins.

Also, I need to let BS1 that the unraveling of any good fast food restaurant is the franchisification and assembly lineification of any good product. Miura Kentaro is not a game designer. He does not render CGI for anime. He is not my uncle.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
And this, kids, is why you don't 'shroom and post.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
It's all just one very long very bad trip.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

They're good posts

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I guess I can appreciate that Kentaro isn't my uncle either. I'd rather not have family members be involved in Id0lmaster. What I have is difficult enough.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

They're good posts

no

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

izumi konata should buy themselves an avatar imo

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Matoi Ryuko posted:

izumi konata should buy themselves an avatar imo

The weather may be fair today, "friend", but once the eclipse rolls in, the hedgehog shall lament anew over his concurrent dilemmae.

This is noted in teh book "Power Corruptus". Remember Biggie when I used to let u sleep on the couch? January 23rd, Casca is going to overcome an 18 year old trauma so catsup before then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

The weather may be fair today, "friend", but once the eclipse rolls in, the hedgehog shall lament anew over his concurrent dilemmae.

This is noted in teh book "Power Corruptus". Remember Biggie when I used to let u sleep on the couch? January 23rd, Casca is going to overcome an 18 year old trauma so catsup before then!