Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Was that the one where you had to pretend to be one of the blue gorillas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Little Bitch Man posted:

Can't afford any new games so I just played a bit of SR4 from ps+. I think the only fun part was creating your own POTUS and getting to do sick 'murrica stuff at the beginning,

The other parts were unbearable because of the really boring and unsatisfying combat.
Semi-related, but I decided to take a break from Doom 2016 to finally try Mercenary Kings from when it was free on PS+. I'm actually enjoying it single player, after the initial difficulty hurdle. It's nice to have something to zone out and catch up on my podcasts to.

If I had to pass on a tip, it's to keep pressing forward in the primary missions and avoid grinding. Your ability to rise in the ranks by is gated by primary missions, and later missions give guaranteed materials in the end rewards. I've found "the best complete-set sniper rifle you can currently make" with armor-piercing bullets is really solid for progressing.

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 12, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got to the final boss of Crackdown with no way of getting to or actually hurting him.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

I got to the final boss of Crackdown with no way of getting to or actually hurting him.

It's been ages, didn't he have some gimmick?

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

1redflag posted:

Was that the one where you had to pretend to be one of the blue gorillas?

No, it was a parody of the box in MGS. You grab a truck, smash out the insides, and walk around a military base inside of it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Black Flag did the same thing and everyone thought it was an awesome game :shrug:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

CrashCat posted:

Black Flag did the same thing and everyone thought it was an awesome game :shrug:

People who play Assassin Creed games have severe brain damage.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

elf help book posted:

I could have sworn that was the one people liked despite being an AC game. But then that probably also means they liked it despite Ubi collection bullshit

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CrashCat posted:

I could have sworn that was the one people liked despite being an AC game. But then that probably also means they liked it despite Ubi collection bullshit

they liked the parts that are not assassin creedy

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

CrashCat posted:

It is an awesome game. The musical sheets flying away is easily one of the worst parts.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

graventy posted:

It is an awesome game. The musical sheets flying away is easily one of the worst parts.

They're really easy if you know how they work. Let 'em fly away, hang out where they respawn for a minute or so, bam! Instant easy song page.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

elf help book posted:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
AC games have stuff do other than loving around in the open world and finding collectibles. Crackdown? Not so much.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

elf help book posted:

i platted assassin's creed syndicate.... i concur

bengy81
May 8, 2010
What are the good couch CO-OP games? Trying to find something for my wife and I to play together, Overcooked looks like a must play, what else is there?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dewgy posted:

They're really easy if you know how they work. Let 'em fly away, hang out where they respawn for a minute or so, bam! Instant easy song page.

That sucks too then, either the challenge is too frustrating to do as intended or so easily circumvented that the challenge is meaningless anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're easy if you just chase after them as well, way more so than the dumb Crackdown 2 ones.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sakurazuka posted:

They're easy if you just chase after them as well, way more so than the dumb Crackdown 2 ones.

Yeah it's more that they have an easy out button in case one gives you too much trouble. Plus it's well worth it for more shanties.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

bengy81 posted:

What are the good couch CO-OP games? Trying to find something for my wife and I to play together, Overcooked looks like a must play, what else is there?

Here are some ideas I posted in the PS4 thread:

Rastor posted:

Alienation
Blue Estate
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
Bro-Force
Chariot
Child of Light
Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
Diablo 3
Fat Princess Adventures
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition
Helldivers
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Lego Batman 3
Lego Harry Potter
Lego The Hobbit
Lego Jurassic World
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Lego Marvel's Avengers
Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens
LittleBigPlanet 3
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Magicka 2
Overcooked
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
Rayman Legends
Resident Evil 5
Resogun
Rocket League
Salt and Sanctuary
Starwhal
Super Mega Baseball
Towerfall Ascension
Trine 2

Other ideas:
Divinity: Original Sin
Gauntlet
Never Alone
Spelunky
Tricky Towers
Tumblestone

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If you want Overcooked, wait until Tuesday. The version with the dlc included comes out then

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

Rastor posted:

Here are some ideas I posted in the PS4 thread:

Other ideas:
Divinity: Original Sin
Gauntlet
Never Alone
Spelunky
Tricky Towers
Tumblestone

ilomilo
ibb and obb

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I love Prototype for two main reasons: moving around in that game was incredibly, ridiculously fun and the massive conflict between what's happening in the story and what's happening in the gameplay(Cutscene: "I'm going to find those evil bastards who did this to me and the city" Gameplay: *eats 25 grandmas before piledriving a zombie into a crowd of fleeing civilians*) was highly amusing. The actual combat mechanics were pretty bad, but I enjoyed moving around so much that I still liked the game anyway.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Kanos posted:

I love Prototype for two main reasons: moving around in that game was incredibly, ridiculously fun and the massive conflict between what's happening in the story and what's happening in the gameplay(Cutscene: "I'm going to find those evil bastards who did this to me and the city" Gameplay: *eats 25 grandmas before piledriving a zombie into a crowd of fleeing civilians*) was highly amusing. The actual combat mechanics were pretty bad, but I enjoyed moving around so much that I still liked the game anyway.

I liked the muscle power that let me punch people into a fine red mist. Like... I really liked the first game when it came out but I don't see myself going back to it unless I get really drunk with some friends. Even then, my go to drunk games are Dark Souls, Tetris or Fibbage

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ac syndicate is really really really good

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

bengy81 posted:

If you happen to also own a PS3, Double Dragon Neon

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

how does that couch co-op list not have EDF on it

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Double Dragon Neon has one of the best soundtracks of all time.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Wendell posted:

Double Dragon Neon has one of the best soundtracks of all time.

Best credit song

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Double Dragon Neon is a goddamn work of art

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl9Nz-X4M68

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Best track on the OST*.

*that isn't the credits song.

Also, the game's really fun and good.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The mixtape ditties are really good too. Virt owns.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I've had this game installed on my PS3 for awhile now and this song has convinced me to finally play it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

You posted the correct song

Also, The Drop is now being posted on Fridays but here it is on Sunday anyways

Assassin’s Creed The Ezio Collection
PS4 — Digital, Retail
FreezeMe PS4 — Digital
Hasbro Family Fun Pack — Conquest Edition PS4 — Digital
Ittle Dew 2 PS4 — Digital
Killing Floor 2 PS4 — Digital (Out 11/18)
Mekazoo PS4 — Digital
Mutant Mudds Deluxe PS4 — Digital
Overcooked Gourmet Edition PS4 — Digital, Retail
Silence PS4 — Digital
Space Rift — Episode 1 PS VR — Digital
Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition PS4 — Retail (Out 11/18)
Stern Pinball Arcade PS4 — Digital
Time Machine VR PS VR — Digital
Wanted Corp. PS Vita — Digital (Out 11/17)
Watch Dogs 2 PS4 — Digital, Retail
Yesterday Origins PS4 — Digital (Out 11/17)

I did not know Ittle Dew 2 was a thing that existed so that's a pleasant surprise because the original was really good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also a reminder that the DDN soundtrack (as well as all the video game work by its composer) is availble at the "pay what you want including nothing" price
https://virt.bandcamp.com/album/double-dragon-neon

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

glam rock hamhock posted:

I did not know Ittle Dew 2 was a thing that existed so that's a pleasant surprise because the original was really good.
Woah this is the first I've heard of that. Cool!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Titanfall 2 is 30 bucks at Amazon.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Obsurveyor posted:

It's been ages, didn't he have some gimmick?

If there was I didn't realize it, he was just higher up than I could get to and couldn't be hurt by bullets or something.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

TARDISman posted:

I liked the muscle power that let me punch people into a fine red mist. Like... I really liked the first game when it came out but I don't see myself going back to it unless I get really drunk with some friends. Even then, my go to drunk games are Dark Souls, Tetris or Fibbage

Doing a shoryuken on a zombie so hard it's legs separate from its torso and send it flying hundreds of feet in the air was great.

Part of why the 2nd game wasn't as fun, they took away most of the "useless but fun to use" moves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

Doing a shoryuken on a zombie so hard it's legs separate from its torso and send it flying hundreds of feet in the air was great.

Part of why the 2nd game wasn't as fun, they took away most of the "useless but fun to use" moves

They also turned the main character into a fairly profane head of cabbage, so there's that. Still the only game I've ever platted. :v:

• Locked thread