Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CharlestheHammer posted:

The Old Kia said so and there is no reason for him to lie or not know it.

Now had Supreme Kai said it.

Well it had never been used on Mortals before. It had only ever been used on others of their race. (and a witch.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

MonsterEnvy posted:

How so, we never saw anything that contradicts this. Hell this would explain why they unfused a little after Buu ate them

I actually really like this because it makes FAR more sense than the "poo gas" thing Goku speculated on. Especially when Goku brought that up in the episode.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm a little conflicted on this episode but overall it was cool and good

trunks randomly learning how to use the spirit bomb was cool and funny, then him pulling a dbz movie and absorbing it into his sword (???) was neat; I'm glad and honestly a little surprised that he got the final fight/win over zamasu. on the other hand, vegito was pretty disappointing (he didn't seem that much stronger than zamasu and was only minimally smug) and kind of flies in the face of what we're told in dbz. it's a minor retcon but eh, it's still kinda lame and also means that they can just fuse w/e they want really with no consequences. but for real, the trunks stuff was great

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm a little conflicted on this episode but overall it was cool and good

trunks randomly learning how to use the spirit bomb was cool and funny, then him pulling a dbz movie and absorbing it into his sword (???) was neat; I'm glad and honestly a little surprised that he got the final fight/win over zamasu. on the other hand, vegito was pretty disappointing (he didn't seem that much stronger than zamasu and was only minimally smug) and kind of flies in the face of what we're told in dbz. it's a minor retcon but eh, it's still kinda lame and also means that they can just fuse w/e they want really with no consequences. but for real, the trunks stuff was great

They could fuse when they wanted with no consequences already. They have both the Dragonballs and Majin Buu hanging around, both of which can canonically unfuse people.

I suppose I'd be more bothered by the retcon if they hadn't just gone "Oh, uh, Buu unfuses people naturally" the first time it happened and there wasn't a ready-made solution on the sidelines anyway.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Vegito Blue owned so hard and I'm so sad they retconned us out of having more of him. Trunks' win was also super cool (HOLY poo poo SOMEONE BESIDES GOKU GOT TO SAVE THE DAY!!!) but felt a little abrupt.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Spiritus Nox posted:

Vegito Blue owned so hard and I'm so sad they retconned us out of having more of him. Trunks' win was also super cool (HOLY poo poo SOMEONE BESIDES GOKU GOT TO SAVE THE DAY!!!) but felt a little abrupt.

The time limit is totally just an excuse to be able to bring back Vegito whenever they want without having to do a "they gather the Dragon Balls" thing every time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

They could fuse when they wanted with no consequences already. They have both the Dragonballs and Majin Buu hanging around, both of which can canonically unfuse people.

I suppose I'd be more bothered by the retcon if they hadn't just gone "Oh, uh, Buu unfuses people naturally" the first time it happened and there wasn't a ready-made solution on the sidelines anyway.

the dragon balls are once a year and they were never gonna have a "buu eats vegito to unfuse him" plotline when buu is a good guy

also it means we don't get slice of life vegito and that is incredibly hosed up

Spiritus Nox posted:

trunks can join gohan in the "actually beat the main bad guy without being goku" club. I wonder if anyone else is gonna get their day in the sun like he did here

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

the dragon balls are once a year and they were never gonna have a "buu eats vegito to unfuse him" plotline when buu is a good guy

also it means we don't get slice of life vegito and that is incredibly hosed up

trunks can join gohan in the "actually beat the main bad guy without being goku" club. I wonder if anyone else is gonna get their day in the sun like he did here

Eh, the Dragonballs being once a year is rarely an actual concern, though slice of life Vegito would have been funny.

Trunks has now defeated Frieza, Cell, The Androids, Babidi and Zamasu. His hero rating is through the goddamn roof.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Trunks encouraging people so much they spontaneously create the Genki Dama which he forms into a giant sword and uses to kill an evil god is the most fanfictiony thing ever and it kind of owns.
Despite my nagging suspicion that Dragonball Super exists because Toriyama dressed up like a robot to prank his friend, and consequently got trapped in an endless hell of pitching Dragonball story beats to Toei executives... that part was pretty cool, yes.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

Krillin killed Cell :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

beating bad guys only counts if they're still relevant

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Krillin killed Cell :v:

at that stage so could a coat hanger

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
IMO the episode was good, and any fault it may have stem from a previous episode, namely the Mafuba episode. Zamasu poo poo talks ningen, Trunks gives a rousing speech about ningen's chikara, Trunks pulls a move out of his rear end and wins . Had the Mafuba episode not existed, this wouldn't feel like a rehash of the scenario(specially since Mafuba suddenly being considered as an option when it was never before against the likes of Cell or Buu crosses the suspension of disbelief)

Also the episode would have worked much better if instead of retconning the Potato Fusion into lasting one hour and running out of time earlier, they made it like "Oh no, Blue's power is too strong, it broke the Potato Earrings and now the fusion will revert

Not to mention that if anything Blue should have INCREASED the duration of the Fusion since he is more Godlike than normal Vegito, and God Potato fusion is unlimited/lasts longer according to this new retcon rule

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Ha gonna have to make Vegito usable on a timer from now on in DB fighting games now. Now in the club of SSJ4 Gogeta as disappointingly short usage in a DB series. Still good episode overall but was wondering if we would go a week or 2 more.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

lezard_valeth posted:

IMO the episode was good, and any fault it may have stem from a previous episode, namely the Mafuba episode. Zamasu poo poo talks ningen, Trunks gives a rousing speech about ningen's chikara, Trunks pulls a move out of his rear end and wins . Had the Mafuba episode not existed, this wouldn't feel like a rehash of the scenario(specially since Mafuba suddenly being considered as an option when it was never before against the likes of Cell or Buu crosses the suspension of disbelief)

Cell and Buu weren't immortal, they just specced in healing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Eh, the Dragonballs being once a year is rarely an actual concern, though slice of life Vegito would have been funny.

Trunks has now defeated Frieza, Cell, The Androids, Babidi and Zamasu. His hero rating is through the goddamn roof.

All I'm saying is I assume Vegeta is unbelievably proud vis a vis Trunks v Gohan.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
God. What a fantastic loving arc. Could not be happier with that ending.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Another neat little thing I liked Trunks slices Zamasu dick first instead of the usual anime overhead slash Take that you self absorbed (yet lovable) rear end in a top hat :mad:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Having the seen the full episode, I really liked it despite the already mentioned issues here and there.

I just really like that it's bookended in pretty much the best way. The final blow is delivered by Trunks, armed with a sword that is infused with BOTH the energy of ningens, and whatever energy was left on the planet by that point. I kinda wish they had pointed out the earth's energy as much as the people's. In any case, Zamasu was undone by everything he loved and everything he hated, all in one attack.

Guys, Zamasu was really, really, really fun as a villain. It's like if Zarbon was the big bad of the Frieza saga, plays it mostly straight but there's that extra flair with him that makes him over the top. Just great, A+.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this is loving bullshit

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So could Trunks beat Beerus?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I want to see hardcore fans losing their poo poo trying to figure out where in the power scale does future Trunks sit.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I am sad that for a series that loves call backs we did get to see the best character, jawbreaker Vegito.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this whole arc was so poorly plotted out I can no longer believe toryiama is actually involved in this.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I didn't see him around in Trunks timeline, so what do you think?:smug:

Trunks is not dead, therefore he wins by default is what I'm trying to say.:effort:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You guys weren't kidding it was stupid but stupid great.

Am i surprised that we actually had Zamasu kick the bucket? Yeah. I figured one more episode or so but I dig it. Also I'm whatever with the retcon, Vegito showed up was owning the hell out of Zamasu for a few minutes. Trunks learning the spirit bomb was pretty hilarious but gently caress it, it was huge gently caress off sword. Also I'm happy with Trunks dealing the final blow. Kid at least deserves one happy ending. Sides Vegeta is probably proud as hell his future son just wiped a big bad. Great episode all around though.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This is the most Toriyama arc, in my opinion.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is the most Toriyama arc, in my opinion.

:agreed:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Rutibex posted:

So could Trunks beat Beerus?

How much poo poo had Beerus been talking about ningens?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

this whole arc was so poorly plotted out I can no longer believe toryiama is actually involved in this.

This is basically the most Toriyama arc to date so I donno what you mean. The only way it could be more Toriyama is with poop jokes.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm fine with how the arc ended(?) because it's completely fitting with all the themes of the Zamatsu arc.

I couldn't care less about power levels or whatever.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Stupid great but definitely great. Disappointed with the hamfisted retcon but who cares, that loving fatality was metal as poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Monaghan posted:

I'm fine with how the arc ended(?) because it's completely fitting with all the themes of the Zamatsu arc.

I couldn't care less about power levels or whatever.

Lets replace power levels with Goku Gradation. Either you are less powerful than Goku or more powerful than Goku than a specified point in time. Therefore, on a Goku Cell Saga score, Freeza is sub-Goku, but on a Goku Wedding Dress Saga scale Freeza is definitely super-Goku.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So in the end, this really is all Trunks fault. He was always strong enough to kill Black on his own. If he had just applied himself more he wouldn't have needed to go into the past at all, and Black would never have existed in the first place.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rutibex posted:

So in the end, this really is all Trunks fault. He was always strong enough to kill Black on his own. If he had just applied himself more he wouldn't have needed to go into the past at all, and Black would never have existed in the first place.

No, this arc shows the true power of Father-Son bonding.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Manatee Cannon posted:

trunks randomly learning how to use the spirit bomb was cool and funny, then him pulling a dbz movie and absorbing it into his sword (???) was neat; I'm glad and honestly a little surprised that he got the final fight/win over zamasu.

I thought the same thing. It felt like this ending was pretty close to the Super Android 13 movie, except Trunks took on Goku's role as the main protagonist. Instead of a desperate Goku absorbing the Genki-dama and destroying the villain, Trunks (somehow) learned the Genki-dama, absorbed everybody's energy, and delivered the killing blow. This isn't a complaint, just an observation. I still thought it was cool and satisfying as hell. And Trunks deserved to win.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It also proves you can't change the future and some new, more powerful creature will ruin Trunk's life.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The actual message is that Turtle was vitally important to the defeat of Zamasu.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ImpAtom posted:

This is basically the most Toriyama arc to date so I donno what you mean. The only way it could be more Toriyama is with poop jokes.

There's still an ep left, do not rule out Goku saying something about how he's glad they didn't have to get inside Buu's butt so his poop farts would defuse them.

This was also the dopest thing in the universe and was cool as gently caress. Immensely hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think it's far easier to say Elder Kai was incompetent and he didn't know potara + mortals had a time limit before now.

Besides, this is more dignified than him separating because of Majin Boo's poo gas.

• Locked thread