Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

The Pokemon Center in Po Town is my favorite thing in this game so far, hands down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I'll just breed a bunch of competitive mons now I think, that way I don't have to choose between getting EV's the old-fashioned way or waiting until I get the new Join Avenue equivalent up to a high enough level to buy EV's.

Me as well toss any spares that I get up in the trade thread.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
So I pre-ordered Moon from Amazon, and it is showing a delivery date of Nov. 25-28. Wtf. Should I believe it and cancel?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

So I pre-ordered Moon from Amazon, and it is showing a delivery date of Nov. 25-28. Wtf. Should I believe it and cancel?

Did you pick the release day delivery option?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

El Burbo posted:

Did you pick the release day delivery option?

Oops :downs:

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
I've bought and preloaded Sun from the 3DS eshop... I hope I can play it as soon as it comes out :banjo:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I carefully weighed my options and decided that playing the game at 9 PM on thursday instead of after work on friday was well worth the $8 that I would have saved by using amazon

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I carefully weighed my options and decided that playing the game at 9 PM on thursday instead of after work on friday was well worth the $8 that I would have saved by using amazon

same but im on the east coast

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ruggington posted:

same but im on the east coast

My condolences for your three fewer hours of pokemon

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dehry posted:

It's pretty late in game. I want to say the 3rd island in a Pokemon center. It's very close to the Ghost trial.

I think i'm okay with this.

I dig this a whole lot. The whole Archipelago system really interested me as a way to interact with 'mons and seeing how it ultimately boils down to resource management to obtain your competitive-ready pokemon is very, very neat. Specially since it works while you're inactive. If I can stop playing and let a whole box go to the mines for a full day so I have enough shards to trade for a pile of bottle caps then that'll be the best.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 13, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

edit: i messed up

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

less laughter posted:

Smogon's tier changes this month:

• Combusken moved from NU to PU
  • Trevenant moved from NU to PU
  • Sableye moved from UU to RU
  • Quagsire moved from NU to PU
  • Musharna moved from NU to PU
  • Klefki moved from OU to UU
  • Dugtrio moved from BL2 to OU

Smogon tiers are heartbreaking! Look at this list: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/ru/

It's basically 100% baller dudes :(

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Emalde posted:

It's 100% an engine problem, Gamefreak have no clue what they're doing with 3D and it shows in a lot of places. The game itself is optimized like trash and while trying to cut out the middle-man and not have a third party help them build the tools and framework for their 3DS mainline titles was admirable, it was a complete failure, and they need a studio who knows how to work with 3D assets on limited hardware to come in and clean up their mess.

This is the last time they have to make a game on limited hardware. The new gameboy is coming out and it's also the gamecube at the same time so now they can go nuts.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Smogon tiers are heartbreaking! Look at this list: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/ru/

good news, you can use those pokemon in that tier and not have to worry about getting your rear end kicked by gengar

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Heartbreaking dudes who get a chance to shine without Garchomp taking a big sandy dump on them

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Khanstant posted:

This is the last time they have to make a game on limited hardware. The new gameboy is coming out and it's also the gamecube at the same time so now they can go nuts.

I'm sorry what?

I've been under a rock but they've announced a new 3DS?

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I'm sorry what?

I'm assuming that's a reference to the Nintendo Switch. Which is part console, part portable.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Nintendo announced a new thing?

poo poo, :rip: the WiiU and 3DS

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Khanstant posted:

Then try to use them in higher tiers? Smogon tiers are mainly based on usage and you can use lesser used Pokemon in tiers with Pokemon with more usage. You'll probably get poo poo on unless you manage to make something super creative, but nothing is stopping you from using those Pokemon.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Went a-shiny huntin' while listening to recorded lectures today to furnish a spooky Moon team... caught a Trevenant, Whismur, Nidoran♂, and Murkrow. Also netted a shiny Foongus and muscle-memory ran from like 3 other shinies :bang:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Khanstant posted:

The secret of tiers is that they let you use cool dudes without getting your rear end kicked by 5000 Salamences/Groudons/Mega Kangas.

I know it's coming from different posters, but I always find it funny when this thread goes from "god, high level competitive teams are just the same 10 mons over and over, how boring" to complaining about tiers.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I'm sorry what?

they turned gameboys and gamecubes into one thing called a switching nintendo it even works on roofs

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Haifisch posted:

The secret of tiers is that they let you use cool dudes without getting your rear end kicked by 5000 Salamences/Groudons/Mega Kangas.

I know it's coming from different posters, but I always find it funny when this thread goes from "god, high level competitive teams are just the same 10 mons over and over, how boring" to complaining about tiers.

jesus gently caress that's really lame. first of all it's obviously cheating to use legendaries, that's what the rear end in a top hat kid does. also i think only assholes use the in-game feature in XY to battle because everytime I try it's some japanese fucker with legendaries or only OP monster beasts. I chipped away at someone with my Raichu the other day and she had no effective moves or anything but I refused to switch out. They kept doing some buff move because I think they were trying to troll me, but I think they stopped paying attention and I managed to kock it out but still lost in the end. What does this story have to do with anything I don't know but you can' take back things you write.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Khanstant posted:

jesus gently caress that's really lame. first of all it's obviously cheating to use legendaries, that's what the rear end in a top hat kid does. also i think only assholes use the in-game feature in XY to battle because everytime I try it's some japanese fucker with legendaries or only OP monster beasts. I chipped away at someone with my Raichu the other day and she had no effective moves or anything but I refused to switch out. They kept doing some buff move because I think they were trying to troll me, but I think they stopped paying attention and I managed to kock it out but still lost in the end. What does this story have to do with anything I don't know but you can' take back things you write.

Source your quotes

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'll show myself out, there's a subreddit for this kind of pokemon posting

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Nintendo announced a new thing?

poo poo, :rip: the WiiU and 3DS

It's definitely a Wii U replacement, but there's been no indication that it's a 3DS replacement. If it is, then losing the dual screens would actually be pretty bad and the Switch would not have the same selling power as the 3DS, which is basically the only real gaming handheld on the market.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Crosspeice posted:

It's definitely a Wii U replacement, but there's been no indication that it's a 3DS replacement. If it is, then losing the dual screens would actually be pretty bad and the Switch would not have the same selling power as the 3DS, which is basically the only real gaming handheld on the market.

Actually, one pocket sized screen and device would be best.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Nov 13, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they did stop production on the wii u in japan from what I've heard, but I doubt the 3ds is going away just yet. it actually sells units

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Haifisch posted:

Lilligant?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

they did stop production on the wii u in japan from what I've heard, but I doubt the 3ds is going away just yet. it actually sells units

There's also 60 millions of those units sold so far, with a lil bump coming soon with SM and a 100 dollar New 3DS for black friday.

My guess is that the Wii U is loving dead, but the 3DS will continue a year or two into the Switch's life cycle and be ready to keep going should the Switch bomb. That said, Switch will be getting almost all the nintendo output, only leaving smaller second-party stuff for 3DS and staples like Monster Hunter (which could also get ports for Switch) and next year's Pokemon game (and I hope really, really hard that next year's pokemon game will be on Switch as well)

It'll suck going back to one screen, but there's a small handful of titles that really benefit from it, sadly Pokemon go the most benefit, but it's not worth keeping the gimmick after a whole decade for the sake of one game series.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dual screens stopped being cool when they had to keep gameplay at the top on most games because of 3D tbh

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

El Burbo posted:

Dual screens stopped being cool when they had to keep gameplay at the top on most games because of 3D tbh

This really stood out to me in the 3DS Ace Attorney games. You drag across the lower screen to move a cursor on the top and it's kinda awkward.

That said the two screens is real nice for RPGs because you can have a bunch of info on hand without clutter or hiding behind menus.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Khanstant posted:

I can't tell if this is ironic haha joke posting or just this threads normal level of poo poo opinions

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dabir posted:

I'd be fine with speed being randomised from 0.85 to 1x normal each turn like attack damage is.

This would be awesome.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I can't tell if this is ironic haha joke posting or just this threads normal level of poo poo opinions

He's right.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dabir posted:

I'd be fine with speed being randomised from 0.85 to 1x normal each turn like attack damage is.

This idea kicks rear end honestly. It immediately fixes the majority of the problems in the game competitively.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

mabels big day posted:

This idea kicks rear end honestly. It immediately fixes the majority of the problems in the game competitively.

Please dont suggest things that will nerf my second favorite pokemon, Garchomp

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

given how most of the poo poo in the game revolves around speed it would be cool if there was actually more of a random element so people have to hedge their bets and plan around various scenarios

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

^ this man is thinking right

cheetah7071 posted:

Please dont suggest things that will nerf my second favorite pokemon, Garchomp

It nerfs AND buffs him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Johnny Joestar posted:

given how most of the poo poo in the game revolves around speed it would be cool if there was actually more of a random element so people have to hedge their bets and plan around various scenarios

thats exactly why there SHOULDNT be a random element