Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There's changing the way things work, and there's changing things that make no sense, because again, if Super Buu were full of fusion dispelling farts, he'd cancel out his own freaking existence. Because he's a fusion himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Buu does not work that way.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Is he not the result of Evil Buu absorbing Fat Buu? Given they discover Fat Buu contained in his body as a separate entity, that's basically a fusion.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gotenks stayed fused inside Buu until the timer on the fusion ran itself out. But Vegito, the more permanent fusion, got magically split apart.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That too.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

besides, the potara not being permanent means they can bring Vegito back any time they want now

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I just want to know about Trunks' sorta blue form

and that big time-space hole that Zamasu ripped open in the sky

and where that lightning came from that ugly'd his arm up

He was like, praying for justice and poo poo, and boom ugly lightning

Like, is that a move? Will Xenoverse 2 DLC let me hit myself with the Ugly Lightning?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Buu isn't a fusion unless you consider Cell one too, I guess

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Aurora posted:

Buu isn't a fusion unless you consider Cell one too, I guess

I mean, that seems reasonable, given it's perfectly possible to cause him to separate.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah, I just hear generic "no it's bad" remarks all the time so it put me off really.

After I saw 66 looked at a few different sites for reactions and most of them were just REALLY loving MAD at the show and... I didn't get it.

Animation isn't very good most of the time and the first two cours were mostly movie retelling, thus the show is objectively bad and change is something that never ever happens. Also hating something is way easier to get views on youtube.

The Universe 6 vs Universe 7 tournament is also pretty good! There's a really, really good Vegeta moment in it and then the hypest moment in DBS until this week's episode.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

People are telling you Super is terrible because anime fandoms are the worst. Super is great.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Don't forget Piccolo getting a fight for the first time in what, 20 years?

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010
Potara thing was dumb but whatever we got Zamasu tearfully ranting that he was literally jesus while vegito looked on in bafflement

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I'm surprised nobody's talking about Goku doing the Super Cyan Kaioken for all of like three seconds.

Could Kaioken Vegetto Blue with a Ningen Hope sword beat Beerus?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Momomo posted:

Don't forget Piccolo getting a fight for the first time in what, 20 years?

And holding his own on technical grounds and getting his opponent DQ'd. It was good poo poo.

Hopefully next arc he summons some other stupid rear end object like a toaster oven or his old collection of Hawaiian t-shirts.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Animation isn't very good most of the time and the first two cours were mostly movie retelling, thus the show is objectively bad and change is something that never ever happens. Also hating something is way easier to get views on youtube.

The Universe 6 vs Universe 7 tournament is also pretty good! There's a really, really good Vegeta moment in it and then the hypest moment in DBS until this week's episode.

I honestly like the animated BoG arc now that I've seen it on CR. I mean, BoG is my favorite DBZ movie, but the Super version actually shows Beerus doing his job. I think showing just what being God of Destruction entails instead of just leaving it to increasingly meaningless threats adds more to his character and drives home just how much he operates on a completely different sort of morality.

BoG the film and Ressurection F just kind of play it safe in that regard. Beerus's job is messy, they should show that. And yet, the worst thing the movie allows him to do is tell FRIEZA to blow someone up.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Augus posted:

Gotenks stayed fused inside Buu until the timer on the fusion ran itself out. But Vegito, the more permanent fusion, got magically split apart.

Vegito didn't get put in a sack like Gotenks?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

vegetto's a fun character but jesus the amount of whining from fans about the new limit to the protora fusion and how he was "disrespected" is loving ridiculous.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
At this point it is very clear that yeah, Vegito could kick Beerus' rear end. That's no contest.

Kaioken would be pointless even. Because Vegito is something that cannot lose

It's also why he will NEVER win a fight.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
it's always the goddamn spirit bomb

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

honestly vegito's fusion running out right in time to not win was very funny to me

SpazmasterX posted:

it's always the goddamn spirit bomb

its only worked twice in the entire series, cut it some slack

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think going 'You have one hour - oops, no wait you actually had 15 minutes' is kinda dumb.

Just say 'It only lasts for a limited time' and then maybe Vegetto might decide he has to go for an even more brutal beatdown.

Also Goku really really loves the idea of fusing with Vegeta for some reason.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I mean, that's exactly how the fusion dance worked as well

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kai's are dumb and are always wrong/underestimate mortals this is literally the plot of this arc.

Genki Dama Sword loving owned. Animation and sense of speed and power owned.

Everything owned.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

also, people keep going on about "how did Trunks master a technique he never used before"... when he didn't use that technique. The energy began to gather without his volition.

All he did was accept it and shape it into a form he'd seen Zamasu and Black use all season.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean seriously, the earth was the one who gave all that energy to him, he didn't even know it was happening until it was right above him

freaking KRILLIN could channel the spirit bomb once someone had done the job of collecting it for him

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I honestly expect Trunks to become the god of earth, like the planet chooses him and he gets some captain planet poo poo to make dragon balls.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I mean seriously, the earth was the one who gave all that energy to him, he didn't even know it was happening until it was right above him

freaking KRILLIN could channel the spirit bomb once someone had done the job of collecting it for him

This is how the arc ends. The entire world was so tired of Zamasu's hypocritical, self-righteous whining that the planet itself went "gently caress YOU" and tried to make a Spirit Bomb.

That's the dumbest, best thing that's ever happened in the series.

Augus posted:

This is a good point. How is Vegito weak to poo gas, but Gotenks is A-OK with it?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Ones a technique the other is magic based.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TFRazorsaw posted:

Krillin is a pretty darned talented fighter tho

Sometimes I like to imagine Piccolo and Krillin, sittin around thinkin up new techniques.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

and at one point Trunks was stronger than his dad.

I think they're both good to handle this.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Ones a technique the other is magic based.

But they're both magically fused together? What makes the technique's magic different?

Is... is poo gas fusion-racist?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

StrifeHira posted:

But they're both magically fused together? What makes the technique's magic different?

Is... is poo gas fusion-racist?

"Those Metamorans aren't sending us their best fusions. They're sending us their Chiaomans, and their Janks, not their Vegitos and Gogetas."

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Shinjobi posted:

Sometimes I like to imagine Piccolo and Krillin, sittin around thinkin up new techniques.

Yeah I bet they talk about that poo poo all the time while they're raking Goku's yard.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yeah I bet they talk about that poo poo all the time while they're raking Goku's yard.

...:smith:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Trunks bisected Zamasu with a Spirit Bomb powered sword slash. That is probably the best thing I've seen all year

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Stop gettin' mad at anime.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Carlosologist posted:

Trunks bisected Zamasu with a Spirit Bomb powered sword slash. That is probably the best thing I've seen all year

Kind of feels like it ripped off Dragon Quest, which in turn is just more reused Toriyama ideas so it feels right. Does bring up the question would a farmer with a spirit bomb powered shotgun be stronger than anyone else.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Trunks learned the spirit bomb via listening to Vegeta bitching about being smacked with it once when they were training together in the Cell Saga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JD
Jan 11, 2003
He also learned the mafuba by watching a cell phone video once, he's a natural

• Locked thread