Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Just make a Pokemon/Fire Emblem crossover.

I think Pokemon Conquest was pretty much that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Avalerion posted:

That's what I meant by the proven SRPG track record (per a sentence that's disappeared off page). I want more of it. :colbert:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Pokemon Musou when?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Avalerion posted:

Pokemon conquest is a much worse srpg than pretty much any fire emblem game

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Shiny Gourgeist is a playable character in Fire Emblem Fates so that counts as a crossover, right?

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

less laughter posted:

Shiny Gourgeist is a playable character in Fire Emblem Fates so that counts as a crossover, right?

?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

less laughter posted:

You tried.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Its long purple hair reminds people of Camilla. There is a pic of said meme somewhere on the Internet.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

fart

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 4, 2016

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Pull up thread pull up. There's still time to avoid this.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

PSWII60 posted:

Yeah, the problem that you'll notice is that almost all of them are weak to Ghost and Dark. So that's kind of a problem and why you generally need 2 TR setters on a team in 6v6 singles. Or you need to make sure to run some recovery and keep the setter alive at all costs. I usually take 3 setters in 6v6 as extra insurance. Just make sure one of the setters is something like Sloking, Reuniclus, or Porygon 2 and can do damage as well as set up TR.

It a difference between rebreeding a few for a specific tournament, and having to rebreed everything all the time each time a new gen comes out because I can't just use any of them anymore. I'm perfectly happy with the former, the latter I'd rather not do and it is kind of discouraging to me to make new guys knowing that they will be unusable when the next games come out. Not trying to come across as cranky.

I suppose it might depend on if/when they decide to make DP remakes and do what ORAS did by letting you fill up any missing Pokemon from the National Dex in the Gen VII games. Though considering that the Gen VI and VII games are all available on the 3DS, it'll be hard to say what Nintendo decides is tournament legal or not. You did have to go through some hurdles to transfer Gen IV and V Pokemon to Gen VI, which might be part of the reason why tournament legal mons were restricted to the Gen VI games.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Nov 13, 2016

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Has it been confirmed when you get mega evolutions by the way? Guessing postgame.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Decidueye's Z Move.

The move itself. The trainer pose.

Just yes.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Decidueye's Z Move.

Just yes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMkV_RxhTNy/

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the vacant face the trainers take on when they do these weird poses creeps me out

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I have nothing to say about the rest of this post, but for anyone who likes clicking their favorite things this is a much better favorite Pokemon dumb game thing.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/favorite.html

Because it's an actual algorithm and not just ditching whichever you don't click and pretending it took more than three seconds to code.

Decidueye's Z Move.

Just yes.

But like it's not a spirit bomb so why would you even look at it when you could instead be looking at Primarina's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al0_DYX12Nc&t=151s

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
because looking at Primarina makes you bleed from the eyes

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

:siren:

THE MECHANICS OF POWER ITEMS HAS CHANGED! THEY NOW GIVE +8 TO THE RELEVANT STAT WHEN GAINING EVS! IN ADDITION THE ADRENALIN ORB ACTS A PSEUDO POKERUS GIVING YOU EXTRA EV'S WHEN YOU CHAIN

:siren:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LAY-ZX posted:

But like it's not a spirit bomb so why would you even look at it when you could instead be looking at Primarina's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al0_DYX12Nc&t=151s

I mean, I got a Primarina and Incineroar too, but who on earth would pick those two to get their Z stones?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Countblanc posted:

what they should do, though, is buff the Grass type. how it's gone this long in its current state is beyond me.

One of the three main starter types should be as good as the others, screw the moon-logic "thematic" ideas.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Geostomp posted:

One of the three main starter types should be as good as the others, screw the moon-logic "thematic" ideas.

yeah i don't think a fairy resistance is quite enough to make fire comparable to the other types

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So for those who have played and beaten the game, what's the significance of Necrozma, what's his deal and stuff. He's the final plot boss, right?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Calaveron posted:

So for those who have played and beaten the game, what's the significance of Necrozma, what's his deal and stuff. He's the final plot boss, right?

Solgaleo - sun: emits light
Lunala - moon: reflects light
Necrozma - prism: refracts light

ergo they're the light trio

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Scholtz posted:

e: scratch that, gen II doesn't have any

Solus posted:

Pull up thread pull up. There's still time to avoid this.

TOO LATE :unsmigghh:

1) girafarig
2) ho-oh
3) chikorita
4) stantler
5) is tropius gen 2

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

as long as i can wear tights and a scarf i bet sun/moon will be good

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Sea Sponge Run posted:

as long as i can wear tights and a scarf i bet sun/moon will be good

You get a free scarf the first time you visit a clothing store!

It's a choice scarf, you can't wear it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Just finished my quick Soul Silver playthrough and Heracross is my strong friend who sweeps everybody.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

It's just as important as Zygarde in X&Y. Even if you catch him and go back to the person who saw it he goes "Oh it's just a Pokemon"

Kind of an interesting thing I discovered searching for Zygarde cells last night: Each trial captain has a house and a room. The player character can sleep in each bed and describes it. Show up during a certain time of the day and they can be battled (At the level they were at when that town was plot significant.) Also they have to give the job up at age 20 which is why they're doing something else on the side instead of trying to be full time trainers.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 13, 2016

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Speed tiers are way too absolute. A lot of Pokemon are either good or bad entirely based on what speed benchmarks they reach. It would be way better to blur those lines so the difference between two Pokemon with a few points of speed variance was much less important.

Speed tiers are fine as they are.
Also make damage not random, and rework crits to be more predictable because the ideal of removing them completely will never happen.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Instead of getting my 3ds fixed I just bought a new one. RIP my saves and all my puzzle pieces

Just do a system transfer and you get to keep your puzzles.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Crosspeice, is there a goon discord for Pokemon? If not, I can make one for folks.

Also, VGC list is out and apparently UBs are legal (as expected), so uh, start packing the best Fire-types you got if you intend on competing. Of which there are very few this gen :v:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Avalerion posted:

The funny thing about this is that SMTxFE was originally supposed to be FExPokemon, but Conquest was already in development so they cancelled the idea and asked Atlus if they wanted to make a game instead.

Also, the Lush Jungle totem is REALLY making me regret picking Owlette, I'm at level 26 with an absolutely trash move pool. Why can't any of the starters but fire ever be good (hidden abilities aside)

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
https://discord.gg/RhbEapR for chatting, because IRC is dead

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Scholtz posted:

on the old discussion of top 7 pokemon babes

Has anyone ever made a site like this:
https://fio4ri.github.io/FavoritePokemon/

but for pokemon fuckability? there's always one in every gen...

e: scratch that, gen II doesn't have any

What the actual heck is this post?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Emalde posted:

https://discord.gg/RhbEapR for chatting, because IRC is dead

I was unaware of a previous one, so sure, I'll put it in the OP!

VideoGames posted:

Welcome to the Pokemon Megathread, before a game's release, we get a bit crazy in here.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

VideoGames posted:

a lot of people who grew up with sonic also want to gently caress sonic characters, i dont really get it either but im gonna blame furries

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wild Gengar is a thing. I think it was catchable in another game too, but it is in this one as well.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Wild Gengar is a thing. I think it was catchable in another game too, but it is in this one as well.

Huh,

Historically only Steelix and Trevenant have been catchable of the trade evos. Steelix in DPP and Trev in X/Y.

Still wish they'd get rid of trade evos though. I want to use my buddy not have to trade him with no guarentee of getting him back :(

Edit: checking into it you could get Gengar at the old Chateau in Diamond/Pearl if you have a gen III game in the DS as well. Never knew that.

Zore fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 13, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think gengar has ever been capturable before, unless you count spinoffs (none of which I've played so idk), so that's a first. pretty neat tho, I hope all trade evos will be capturable at some point so I can avoid the hassle of trading and trading back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

Still wish they'd get rid of trade evos though. I want to use my buddy not have to trade him with no guarentee of getting him back :(

these brief glimpses into peoples personal lives are so sad, sometimes