Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Did Trunks literally win with the power of friendship?

Garbage show.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jedah posted:

I'm glad you enjoyed the episode, but why the unnecessary hate? There's a dozen ways to spell all these different character names and techniques, so who cares. Special beam cannon is pretty cool and so is Makankōsappō. The exception to this is "Kamayamaya," which was always horrible.

Speaking of attack name translations. I laughed when they translated kaio-Ken as "King Kai Fist" which goku yells, then proceeded to kick Zamasu in the face:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Speaking of attack name translations. I laughed when they translated kaio-Ken as "King Kai Fist" which goku yells, then proceeded to kick Zamasu in the face:

this made me mad but thankfully the dub will fix it

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

To quote a garbage show; that's not a fist!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Did Trunks literally win with the power of friendship?

Garbage show.

That's what the Spirit Bomb is! That is what it has always been! That is why they needed Mr. Satan to plead with everyone to use it at full power!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ImpAtom posted:

That's what the Spirit Bomb is! That is what it has always been! That is why they needed Mr. Satan to plead with everyone to use it at full power!

He's what the original calls a たわごとポスター, pay no mind. Power of nakama is great and powerful.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Translating Kaioken should be illegal.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Translating Kaioken should be illegal.

Even the stupid gringos didn't translate it, Kaioken is perfect.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

I'm glad there wasn't more of him, honestly. The whole arc would've felt a bit hollow to me if it hadn't been Trunks actually ending the fight, and after last week's preview I fell for the fake-out since Vegito is usually a big deal and fusion versus fusion was pretty much the only other sensible climax.

Retconning the potara fusion is pretty whatever but we got the narratively most satisfying conclusion anyway so I'm fine with it.

Oh no, I'm fine with Trunks' kill and retconning potara. I just wish there was more Vegetto.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

ImpAtom posted:

That is why they needed Mr. Satan to plead with everyone to use it at full power!

In our hearts, we'll always know who really defeated Buu.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Vegetto is mah boi and while the potara retcon was dumb, I can forgive it because the action and animation was tight.

I knew in my heart that Trunks had to be the one to kill Zamasu. All that really needed was some change in lines/narrative to better build up to it, but we got there anyway.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Dias posted:

Zamasu is great, yeah. I hope they get his English VA right, although it's not exactly a hard role to cast.

He's voiced by James from Pokemon in Japanese, so the only right thing to do is get James' English VA to do it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think they're basically laying the groundwork for future Vegito appearances with the retcon, which I'm way cool with.

I want Kaioken Blue Vegito.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Jedah posted:

I hope they cast Master Shake (Dana Snyder) from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Killing all the mortals is the only way Zamasu could be number one in the hood.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think they're basically laying the groundwork for future Vegito appearances with the retcon, which I'm way cool with.

I want Kaioken Blue Vegito.

If this episode is anything to go by Kaioken Blue Vegito would drop the fusion's timer down to ten seconds, maybe 12.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

YF-23 posted:

If this episode is anything to go by Kaioken Blue Vegito would drop the fusion's timer down to ten seconds, maybe 12.

the timer will last exactly as long as it needs to for goku and vegeta to split apart at the narratively perfect moment. its like how a wizard is never either late or early

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I'm glad the writers of this show realized that Vegito sucks and made it so the rules of the universe shut that boring poo poo down. If he shows up again, I hope it's just to have Beerus clown on him. Great episode.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I hope the dub gives Sean better voice direction for Black than Xenoverse did. He sounds too angry and gruff in that game, but I'm willing to chalk it up to them not having much to go on when they dubbed it, since Black had really only just been introduced. Plus the whole game in general seemed a little rushed as far as dubbing went.

I don't know who I would want to hear as Zamasu. My immediate thought is Johnny Young Bosch, mainly due to his performance as Lelouch/Zero. I feel like that would have been good practice for all the grandiose speeches that Zamasu is so fond of.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'll play zamasu, and ill insist on saying ningen.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Desumaytah posted:

I'm glad the writers of this show realized that Vegito sucks and made it so the rules of the universe shut that boring poo poo down. If he shows up again, I hope it's just to have Beerus clown on him. Great episode.

Zamasu was right, death to all ningen

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm echoing some other posters but after rewatching the episode, holy gently caress is zamatsu's va good. He completely sells the character.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

YF-23 posted:

Precisely enough time to debut the new and improved Dragon Fist that looks like the Super Dragon now. I love the Dragon Fist. It's the dumbest.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Monaghan posted:

I'm echoing some other posters but after rewatching the episode, holy gently caress is zamatsu's va good. He completely sells the character.

I love the way he screams when Trunks jumps back in the fight. He really sold that breakdown.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think the GodTube bit is the most brilliant part of (subtle??) foreshadowing in this whole arc. When seeing a video, Gowasu got hype and started thinking of creating his own channel while Zamasu only looked to discredit the people in the video. Like a guy liking and subscribing before starting his own abridged series, owning up to all the mistakes they could make because it'll be worth it at the end regardless of how imperfect it may be against the guy that only wishes to talk poo poo and make others look bad + get banned because the video was flawed. Or like a god that sees mortals and wishes for it to expand and to try to get a bit closer vs the god that sees mortals and only sees the flaws he must ban.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Rutibex posted:

I laughed when they translated kaio-Ken as "King Kai Fist" which goku yells, then proceeded to kick Zamasu in the face
Indeed, very silly translation. Maybe they were just in a hurry to translate it?

This episode (and arc) owned, for sure. No question about it. But if we're gonna get super ultra picky, why did the Time Ring grow in size when Zamasu got his monster arm? It just looks weird.

And how did his Time Ring not break after Zamasu had a full-powered fist-to-fist clash with Blue Vegetto?

I know none of these questions really matter, because Trunks owns and his spirit gently caress off sword rules.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jedah posted:

Indeed, very silly translation. Maybe they were just in a hurry to translate it?

This episode (and arc) owned, for sure. No question about it. But if we're gonna get super ultra picky, why did the Time Ring grow in size when Zamasu got his monster arm? It just looks weird.

And how did his Time Ring not break after Zamasu had a full-powered fist-to-fist clash with Blue Vegetto?

I know none of these questions really matter, because Trunks owns and his spirit gently caress off sword rules.

Magic rings changing their size and shape based on the wearer is pretty easy to explain honestly.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Zen-Oh can delete universes, can he add more? can he declare one of the alternate timelines to be legitimate and its own universe? Effectively that is what the other universes are more or less right?

Maybe that is the real point of the time rings and the box, more things for Zen-Oh to play with? (also kai's do not know poo poo, universe 7 supreme kai is allowed because he was basically the only guy left alive so the job went to him even though he was not trained.)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just want to point out that Trunks has acknowledged the proper sword he should have been using all this time, the reason his lovely swords break

He should have been using the Dragon Slayer, as he has now.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
It's too bad Future Bulma died or we could've had two Bulmas trying to seduce Zamasu

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Jedah posted:

It's a Very Important Ring used for Very Important Business. It's the kind of thing that would be really bad if it couldn't be used by any Kaioshin regardless of body type.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

Magic rings changing their size and shape based on the wearer is pretty easy to explain honestly.

YF-23 posted:

It's a Very Important Ring used for Very Important Business. It's the kind of thing that would be really bad if it couldn't be used by any Kaioshin regardless of body type.

Yeah, true. In a show where a Magic Genie Man inspired by Cinderella can use a special beam to turn people into chocolates, you could argue I'm just thinking about this too much. :tinfoil:

But it would have been cool to see Trunks and friends target Zamasu's Time Ring and try to break it, since it seemed like a potential weakness. In any event, the ending we got was amazing.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

From the preview for this episode I was expecting Vegito to cut off Zamasu's ring arm so he's no longer wearing it and the purple stuff to be a botched regeneration, but honestly handwaving it as just him being only half-immortal works just as well for me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Saiyan armor stretches to fit transforming oozuru, magic rings made for gods is not out of the question.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Raxivace posted:

Killing all the mortals is the only way Zamasu could be number one in the hood.

Zamasu actually jumped off a cliff to become a Highlander.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jedah posted:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicItemBasics.htm

quote:

Size And Magic Items

When an article of magic clothing or jewelry is discovered, most of the time size shouldn’t be an issue. Many magic garments are made to be easily adjustable, or they adjust themselves magically to the wearer. Size should not keep characters of various kinds from using magic items.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I hope the dub gives Sean better voice direction for Black than Xenoverse did. He sounds too angry and gruff in that game, but I'm willing to chalk it up to them not having much to go on when they dubbed it, since Black had really only just been introduced. Plus the whole game in general seemed a little rushed as far as dubbing went.

I don't know who I would want to hear as Zamasu. My immediate thought is Johnny Young Bosch, mainly due to his performance as Lelouch/Zero. I feel like that would have been good practice for all the grandiose speeches that Zamasu is so fond of.

the va for xenoverse 1 was real phoned in and worse than the show had been, so I wouldn't worry about that being the way the dub will be

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

the va for xenoverse 1 was real phoned in and worse than the show had been, so I wouldn't worry about that being the way the dub will be

I heard somewhere the Sean was given no direction for black othen than he's an evil goku, so I'm pretty sure his voice will sound different.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Squallege posted:

It's too bad Future Bulma died or we could've had two Bulmas trying to seduce Zamasu

Bulma potatoe fusing creates another Lord Xeno.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Monaghan posted:

I heard somewhere the Sean was given no direction for black othen than he's an evil goku, so I'm pretty sure his voice will sound different.

that sounds like xenoverse to me. I remember trunks' dialog in 1 sounding like he'd recorded it using his phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Another cool thing about this fight against Zamas2. Notice how he went all Hulk Mode when fighting Vegito, and Vegito mocked him for being too slow? It's just like Trunks and Cell did! And because of that added bulk and damage, Trunks was able to outmaneuver Zamas2 as well. I am almost certain it was a callback to that. This show is loving brilliant when it wants to be. :allears:

• Locked thread