Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

here's the map for the republicans gain more state legislatures and rewrite the constitution doomsday scenario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

loquacius posted:

Come to Boston nobody actually has the accent

*leans into microphone*

wrong

Suckthemonkey
Jun 18, 2003

Zikan posted:

here's the map for the republicans gain more state legislatures and rewrite the constitution doomsday scenario

I know there's not much content to this post, but: This looks so loving pathetic.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Lastgirl posted:

actually the dean scream owned :o:

my controversial opinion

not controversial, no idea why it got blown up in the media so much

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the motherfucker just screamed how does this mean you can't be the democratic nominee what the gently caress

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

pathetic little tramp posted:

not controversial, no idea why it got blown up in the media so much

His campaign was already well on its downward slide, it was just a convenient moment for lazy journos to hang a "welp, he's toast" sign. Plus well yeah he was a little bit of a spaz on stage.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/13/of-course-bernie-sanders-could-have-beaten-donald-trump/

oh, okay wapo. now you say this.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

pls put this in the OP

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

they let Freddie DeBoer write an op-ed immediately after the election lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/11/10/hillary-clinton-lost-bernie-sanders-could-have-won/

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Zikan posted:

this is terrifying

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/markbao/status/797429054949511169

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Suckthemonkey posted:

I know there's not much content to this post, but: This looks so loving pathetic.

:agreed:

democrats need to stop loving thinking that only the presidency matters

it's literally the only reason Dean should be tapped for strategy (while kept far the gently caress away from policy) instead of being put to the guillotine

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Zikan posted:

you guys in ny and wa need to get liquidating

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
the one thing that gives me some hope is from all the forums(and various threads here) seem to get it. the left can't play loving snarky ivory "progressives" any more, no more lovely celebrities. we have to be a populist party with real progrevissm and help both minorities and the white working/poor.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Zikan posted:

The question is whether or not they would do it if they had the votes. Considering half the country, or more, would be against them. That sort of action could literally destabilize the entire country and end up with some sort of low level civil war.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Fullhouse posted:

this is terrifying

To actually do amendments, they'd have to call constitutional conventions and really, only the veto proof Rs would be able to get on the same page - it's never been tried and would probably end in disaster

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hamelekim posted:

The question is whether or not they would do it if they had the votes. Considering half the country, or more, would be against them. That sort of action could literally destabilize the entire country and end up with some sort of low level civil war.

Yeah, if they passed an amendment to outlaw abortion or something, you'd see a legit California secession movement

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

- it's never been tried and would probably end in disaster

TRUMp ! *click*

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

To actually do amendments, they'd have to call constitutional conventions and really, only the veto proof Rs would be able to get on the same page - it's never been tried and would probably end in disaster

the "disaster" here is the terrifying part. if they called a convention just to make gun ownership mandatory and abortion illegal that would obviously be terrible but it wouldn't destroy the country overnight

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

more clinton campaign fail

https://twitter.com/Corinhm/status/797887814100652033

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/797890194527485952

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Fullhouse posted:

the "disaster" here is the terrifying part. if they called a convention just to make gun ownership mandatory and abortion illegal that would obviously be terrible but it wouldn't destroy the country overnight

I like to think the GOP has more brains then that but then i wake up and realize how hosed we are.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Zikan posted:

Not super likely. Let's hope, anyway.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Last year a few minutes up the road from me, 15 white supremacists in pickup trucks waving confederate flags rolled up to a child's birthday party screaming the n word and threatening to kill people. My wife and I stood in line for over an hour to vote for a candidate that we both hated because we were afraid of what people like that would think they could get away with under Trump. All the while HRC is running a 2 billion dollar circle jerk instead of a real political campaign.

And if a group of Neo-Nazis decide its time to go full RaHoWa and start caving my neighbors skulls in? These self entitled fucks who ran this poo poo show will say from their safe little enclaves "Don't you wish you were #WithHer now?" while live tweeting their Esty results for designer bug out bags.

God, just gently caress these people forever.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I like to think the GOP has more brains then that but then i wake up and realize how hosed we are.

I was half joking when I said I would buy a gun if Trump won months ago. I have looked into it yesterday

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Fiction posted:

Not super likely. Let's hope, anyway.

they need one more legislature

it anyway points out how hosed up the dems are that they gave up on local and state politics

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I'm not sure if "look how much money we gave to big businesses" is always the right message in an ad. Especially since Clinton had the least to do with it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Iron Twinkie posted:

Last year a few minutes up the road from me, 15 white supremacists in pickup trucks waving confederate flags rolled up to a child's birthday party screaming the n word and threatening to kill people. My wife and I stood in line for over an hour to vote for a candidate that we both hated because we were afraid of what people like that would think they could get away with under Trump. All the while HRC is running a 2 billion dollar circle jerk instead of a real political campaign.

And if a group of Neo-Nazis decide its time to go full RaHoWa and start caving my neighbors skulls in? These self entitled fucks who ran this poo poo show will say from their safe little enclaves "Don't you wish you were #WithHer now?" while live tweeting their Esty results for designer bug out bags.

God, just gently caress these people forever.

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/797894553818656768

the fash... bashed!??!?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Washington Post is the most shameful paper in the United States. Jeff Bezos is a bigger clown than Donald John Trump.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

I'm not sure if "look how much money we gave to big businesses" is always the right message in an ad. Especially since Clinton had the least to do with it.

it's not about how we gave them money, it's about how they saved 10,000s of jobs in the rust belt and middle america

in 2012 obama used economic populism of saving those jobs combined with calling mitt romney a loving boss to bury him in the rust belt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ZKV5h87RE

this is the ad that many people conisder to have been most responsible for romney losing ohio

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

He's trying so hard to moderate his language, you can feel the tension

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Princess Di posted:

So when we talk about Hillary voters in the general election class,

You are talking about minorities. We voted for Hillary.

You are talking about women. We voted for Hillary.

However,

Young white men with college degrees and in larger numbers white men without college degrees in large part voted for Trump.

Millenials had lower turnout (stayed home)

Left leaning independents voted third way or sat out.

So say it with me class, white men of all stripes voted for Trump, and those of them that did not agree with Trump but wanted to remain ideologically pure let him become president.

Millenials who at least have youth and naïveté to excuse them also sat home and let a racist clown become president.

Millennials and left leaning independents were what made up Bernie's voter base.

The party was split, and frustration led the Bernie supporter to stay home.

So stop blaming Hillary supporters.

That is tantamount to deliberately knocking over a glass and then lashing out at the concept of the glass existing.

When action was required, so called activists preferred to make an ideological point instead. That is fine by the way.

Just stop stringing up the only people who bothered to do something to fix the problem.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol if you think Hillary was anything but kicking the can down the road

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

these protests seem to be as vague and aimless as Occupy Wall Street

The millennial generation is the worst generation imaginable to cope with a fascist takeover. Not good.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Princess Di posted:

So stop blaming Hillary supporters.

I probably never will. Like especially with the prospects of 2018, I shant.

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015

Humidora posted:

He's trying so hard to moderate his language, you can feel the tension
http://twitter.com/pmurt420/status/797894688674037761

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

The millennial generation is the worst generation imaginable to cope with a fascist takeover. Not good.

Nothing concrete has happened yet. There's a general strike planned for Inauguration Day. Give it time.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Princess Di posted:

So when we talk about Hillary voters in the general election class,

You are talking about minorities. We voted for Hillary.

You are talking about women. We voted for Hillary.

hillary lost white women hth

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Fiction posted:

Nothing concrete has happened yet. There's a general strike planned for Inauguration Day. Give it time.

a strike over what - that he won? Trump loving won, I say this as a progressive too. has everyone lost their goddamn minds

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Nonsense posted:

I probably never will. Like especially with the prospects of 2018, I shant.

Hillary supporters are bigger morons than die-hard trump supporters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

paris dilettantes were in heavy supply before wwii, too. unfortunately in those days there was also the red army, and now...

• Locked thread