Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Larry Parrish posted:

On the other hand, consider that if dueling came back into style we would have more dead liberals

Haahaha no way they would ever follow through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Top City Homo posted:

it sounds retarded

the star wars memology is also loving stupid as hell

and so are the harry potter references

none of it makes any sense

In a generation without religion, they are left with children's media as their only cultural reference.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Why aren't you dead yet?

because you dont have to be terminal, just gravly ill or born with poo poo. i was the both.

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

In a generation without religion, they are left with children's media as their only cultural reference.

yeah, i was gonna say this. its why the internet social left has weird religious aspects (accept your privileged/sin and be healed then spread the word) that and a decent amount of them came from christian conservative homes.

yeah, they can't think of anyone more evil in real life because they either don't watch the news or are modern tankies so they say he is like a jack off skelator wizard.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i was gonna say this. its why the internet social left has weird religious aspects (accept your privileged/sin and be healed then spread the word) that and a decent amount of them came from christian conservative homes.

human behavior falls into predictable patterns. "holier-than-thou" was the word my great-granpappy would've used to describe people that acted like that back in his day. I would enjoy seeing that term used more often.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, they can't think of anyone more evil in real life because they either don't watch the news or are modern tankies so they say he is like a jack off skelator wizard.

what

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/lenadunham/status/797843018468495360?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

maybe stop tweeting lena

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

millennials are dumb fucks who don't have reference point of "evil" beyond hitler or some snake wizard from a series of kids books because reading history is "triggering" or some poo poo.

lol gently caress off dunham, you and mckinnon are part of the cancer in the party. plus you got mad at a football player for not having an erection when he saw you in a lovely suit at the oscars. gently caress off. i mean, these are the people that turned a lovely remake into a loving hill to die on for progressive issues. gently caress them

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 19:42 on Nov 13, 2016

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Homework Explainer posted:

maybe stop tweeting lena

#nevertweet

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Dapper_Swindler posted:

millennials are dumb fucks who don't have reference point of "evil" beyond hitler or some snake wizard from a series of kids books because reading history is "triggering" or some poo poo.

i got that i just wasn't sure why you were lumping in "tankies" with them

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i got that i just wasn't sure why you were lumping in "tankies" with them

tankies defend gadaffi, assad, putin and maduro still even though all of them are dumb loving monsters and some of the tankie retoric has spread to the millennial bullshit.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

tankies defend gadaffi, assad, putin and maduro still even though all of them are dumb loving monsters and some of the tankie retoric has spread to the millennial bullshit.

you're going off topic in every direction at once

bring it back

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
double posting because im a criminal and i only care about rules with substantial consequences

maybe stop tweeting lena

one cool thing is we thought we had to care what lena dunham was tweeting, when we never did

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

you're going off topic in every direction at once

bring it back

right, sorry.

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

one cool thing is we thought we had to care what lena dunham was tweeting, when we never did

who exactly did like dunham? i mean get she was a symbol for the whole "all body types can be sexy plus inner beauty stuff" but then everyone found out she was a weird pervert who was also a giant rear end in a top hat so then most people stopped caring. so my question is do people still really like her, or is it just a hosed up version "she is progressive so i must stand with her and like her" or is it the DNC are like 5 years behind the curve and though she was still clever and popular.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Dapper_Swindler posted:

who exactly did like dunham? i mean get she was a symbol for the whole "all body types can be sexy plus inner beauty stuff" but then everyone found out she was a weird pervert who was also a giant rear end in a top hat so then most people stopped caring. so my question is do people still really like her, or is it just a hosed up version "she is progressive so i must stand with her and like her" or is it the DNC are like 5 years behind the curve and though she was still clever and popular.

according to nielsens slightly over a half million people still watch her lovely show, so, them.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Peanut President posted:

Why? Every episode of his show is the same. Point out bad thing, slightly humorous simile, crowd cheers, mug at camera.

I hate how he almost never makes a joke about the actual topic but just uses non-sequitor similes.

"Now remember, Donald Trump still hasn't released his tax returns. The potential for conflict of interest is unprecedented. It'd be like electing a monkey president of a banana company!"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

yospos bitch!!!!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

yospos bitch!!!!

It has the wrong type of RAM

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Yea lmao it has RAM ur tiny hands into other ppls junk without asking :wth:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yospos bitch!!!!

its like the title of the "article" gets it, but the rest is just techie horeseshit.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Brooklyn twee merchants woke up early this weekend:

Nah, gonna go with mad. Thanks.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm mad and also wearing plaid

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

mrmcd posted:

Brooklyn twee merchants woke up early this weekend:

Nah, gonna go with mad. Thanks.

how is that window not smashed

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zikan posted:

been smashed and replaced already, every place keeps spares

NY,NY is really touchy about broken windows for some reason

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Apraxin posted:

I think i'm more sympathetic to this stuff than most of c-spam, but my uninformed 2 cents:

- if you're in your mid-twenties or younger you likely came of political age when obama was president, the most visible political figures in the US were democrats, LGBTQ rights became mainstream, progress was being made etc etc
- so it seemed that social progress was on a continuously upward arc and things are just gonna keep getting better, especially if you're at least middle class, or not politically involved, or shielded from dissenting voices, or some combination
- and now the USA is gonna elect the first female president, who is cool and poised and dignified and knows memes, repudiating the loud, toxic bigotry of her opponent
- surprise it's President Trump!
- you don't have real-life experience in common with your peers that compares with a shock of this magnitude, so when you reach out to express how upset you are and seek comfort you use a familiar cultural touchstone instead

No idea why people who seem to be 40 or older are doing the same thing tho.

:shillary: started the pathetic attempts to clone memes

i just now understand that all these stupid shows: Stephen Colbert, Sam Bee, John Oliver Daily Show etc are just a way for corporate mealy mouthed "RIGHT FACTS" bullshit to reach people 35 and under who don't watch the news so they support the two party system.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/lenadunham/status/793929098926166016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

isnt her dad some weird artist sadbrain and spends all day painting abstract art of fat chicks with bush and whipping himself for having male gentaila and being white. not the best place to get advice from.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i've come to the conclusion check it out its super "cutting edge"

that tankies are innocuous because they represent a slither of the population but they also happen to be good at other poo poo irrelevant of their "WRONG BELIEFS" about authoritarian dictators

its not like cooperating with them is going to put zombie stalin in power and no one is seizing the means of production any time soon

just cooperate with these dudes

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Okay I really don't understand, what is the significance of performing a tribute song to an artist who just died but dressed as a losing presidential candidate?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Top City Homo posted:

its not like cooperating with them is going to put zombie stalin in power

says you

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

:vince:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Zikan posted:

Oh, so I didn't bother to take a picture, but that other sign you see at the store next door reads: "Here for your RETAIL THERAPY needs."

That's gonna be an awkward one when Pence is giving the gays ELECTROSHOCK THERAPY.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

beep by grandpa posted:

Okay I really don't understand, what is the significance of performing a tribute song to an artist who just died but dressed as a losing presidential candidate?

Lorne Michaels famously hates Leonard Cohen. He originally wanted to have the tribute song performed by Adam Sandler dressed up as Idi Amin, blackface and all, but then, during one of his morphine-induced blackouts, the crew re-wrote the bit to be a little more subtle.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

because the real tragedy of this election is not the violence emboldened racists will commit, or the millions of muslims who will be forced to register with homeland security, or complacency with rape culture, or the continuing march toward global climate collapse. its that hillary clinton will feel bad for a few days because her lifelong dream of signing off on drone strike...will never come true. hallelujah

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

lmao half the replies are just telling her to move to canada

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things
Should've been Everybody Knows instead

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/jessiejolly/status/797845421284556800

Adbot