Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Car Rider totally owns Shadowrun Thor-GR-Ronan relay stages, because he renders the enemy GR moot and makes it a one on one fight (you just need a rando non fire character to kill GR). This alone makes him top tier T1.5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

yeah he works well for that stage

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Could I just take a moment to bitch and say that once you have a full set of 6* cards things get dumb as gently caress in terms of further upgrades? You don't want to upgrade a card you already have slotted because it might turn out worse than it already is, so you just have to build up another 6* card that you don't even get to use.

I have this guy slotted:

I have this one sitting in my inventory:

And I just 'upgraded' the second one with another 6* it had taken me a month or two to grind out but it actually got worse (it used to only have one resist.) :suicide:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I now have Thomas. Between him and Strange I should be able to pour any resources into someone else around 2019.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/797156823774150657

Three months till a T2 and 6* and costume! Better start grinding now! :woop:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

NmareBfly posted:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/797156823774150657

Three months till a T2 and 6* and costume! Better start grinding now! :woop:

ugh why is she a thing still? Other than when she's been a prop like Daredevil's dead girlfriend, or a dead skrull, there has never been anything remotely interesting about the white ninja lady.

I mean I guess it's cool her new uniform ditches the doo rag and silly dress

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think I need to come to grip with the fact that I don't know how to play this game. My team of T2 Silk, T2 IF, and T2 Sharon could only get Thanos down to 800k.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

No election= extra time, so I am picking this up. Read over the first post, and just wanted some advice so I don't gently caress anything up.

First, I know I am supposed to be building up Loki And Mrs. Captain America. What I am curious about is where should my money be going? I have a 6 star Loki, and 4 star Sharon Rogers, but it seems like I can upgrade a million things. Should I be spending money on rank ups, mastery, skill upgrades, or gear? I know the answer is everything, but what if I am not swimming in dough?

Also, should I be just throwing ISO-8 on my main dudes willy nilly? Or looking for something in particular?

I am liking it, just seems like a million things to do, and I am feeling like I have no direction at this point, so any advice would be rad.

Also, can I join an Alliance? I just applied to Doctor Goons?

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
I too have picked this up to give it a try.

Applied to Doctor goons as Freakazip.

Robin357Lazarus
Jul 5, 2008

Applied to Doctor Goons as Robin80JP. Still learning, but actively playing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Snowmankilla posted:

No election= extra time, so I am picking this up. Read over the first post, and just wanted some advice so I don't gently caress anything up.

First, I know I am supposed to be building up Loki And Mrs. Captain America. What I am curious about is where should my money be going? I have a 6 star Loki, and 4 star Sharon Rogers, but it seems like I can upgrade a million things. Should I be spending money on rank ups, mastery, skill upgrades, or gear? I know the answer is everything, but what if I am not swimming in dough?

Also, should I be just throwing ISO-8 on my main dudes willy nilly? Or looking for something in particular?

I am liking it, just seems like a million things to do, and I am feeling like I have no direction at this point, so any advice would be rad.

Also, can I join an Alliance? I just applied to Doctor Goons?

Prioritize rank-ups over mastery. Only upgrade skills that scale with a %, so for Loki his (3rd skill)shield and his (5th skill)clones, and for Sharon her 3rd skill. For gear work on getting to the next point that you get another option(6,9,12,15,17,20) but don't waste all your money on it.

For ISO-8 you want to save 4*+ ISOs for putting on characters that you've rolled an ISO set on, but you won't have the money for that for a while.

EDIT: Also what's your ingame name?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 12, 2016

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

ugh why is she a thing still? Other than when she's been a prop like Daredevil's dead girlfriend, or a dead skrull, there has never been anything remotely interesting about the white ninja lady.

I mean I guess it's cool her new uniform ditches the doo rag and silly dress

Don't hate on the doo rag. The outfit is stupid though.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

RatHat posted:

Prioritize rank-ups over mastery. Only upgrade skills that scale with a %, so for Loki his (3rd skill)shield and his (5th skill)clones, and for Sharon her 3rd skill. For gear work on getting to the next point that you get another option(6,9,12,15,17,20) but don't waste all your money on it.

For ISO-8 you want to save 4*+ ISOs for putting on characters that you've rolled an ISO set on, but you won't have the money for that for a while.

EDIT: Also what's your ingame name?

Thanks! Wagner Ben Mr.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The Dave posted:

I think I need to come to grip with the fact that I don't know how to play this game. My team of T2 Silk, T2 IF, and T2 Sharon could only get Thanos down to 800k.

It took me a good while to take down Thanos at first. Even with Sharon's badassery, it still comes down to dodging attacks, learning the patterns and knowing when to stick and move.

That said, I was trying Thanos with the same kind of team and failing but it got a lot easier when I threw in a good leadership instead of throwing my best guys at him on a team with no synergy. Pairing Sharon with Star-Lord or Ancient One gives her a 45% increase to attack.

Also having good strikers is important. .Here's an updated list for the bonuses. You want strikers that hit on attack and not when hit, and that pump up whoever your main hero is.

My Sharon team for Thanos is actually Modok lead, Captain America for the all attack team bonus and then Sharon. This frees up Star Lord to use with Yellowjacket for another clear.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MODOK lead...no wonder you are dominating now. It all makes sense.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

It took me a good while to take down Thanos at first. Even with Sharon's badassery, it still comes down to dodging attacks, learning the patterns and knowing when to stick and move.

That said, I was trying Thanos with the same kind of team and failing but it got a lot easier when I threw in a good leadership instead of throwing my best guys at him on a team with no synergy. Pairing Sharon with Star-Lord or Ancient One gives her a 45% increase to attack.

Also having good strikers is important. .Here's an updated list for the bonuses. You want strikers that hit on attack and not when hit, and that pump up whoever your main hero is.

My Sharon team for Thanos is actually Modok lead, Captain America for the all attack team bonus and then Sharon. This frees up Star Lord to use with Yellowjacket for another clear.

I like to go Agent 13 lead (cooldown reduction)/Sharon/Cap, and that allows my Sharon to bulldoze through Thanos. It's not enough to beat iThanos though...

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

C. Everett Koop posted:

I like to go Agent 13 lead (cooldown reduction)/Sharon/Cap, and that allows my Sharon to bulldoze through Thanos. It's not enough to beat iThanos though...

Same.

I do like to use MODOK as leader for Iron Fist and Luke Cage (just for the team bonus) though.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Tom Gorman posted:

Oh this is all great info.

Pofolk
Nov 27, 2002

Let chaos entwine on defenseless soil.
Applied to BOLTAGOONS as Pofolk.

Is doing the Dr. Strange quest worth it as a new player with only 6* Sharon and FLoki with no T2s yet? Seems like a really long/expensive grind. I currently am stuck at needing 600 greens stones and from what I've read its gets a lot worse than that. Would these resources be better spent getting more characters ranked up?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Go ahead and drop em on Strange if you feel like it, if you don't have anyone nearing 6* who can use them. You'll need world boss clears for Dr Strange mats eventually, so building up your roster now will speed things up later. It is a long grind, but it's probably comparable to farming up a Black Order character, and he's head and shoulders better than them.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The Dave posted:

Oh this is all great info.

As a filthy poverty F2Per, here's who I'm running for World Bosses. This gets me 5 clears per each one, except for iThomas where he hands me my rear end and I sit there and wonder where I went wrong in my life.

-Agent 13 lead/T2 Sharon/Cap. Cooldown reduction allows you to cycle through Sharon's three main skills, and the synergy between all three lets you bulldoze though everyone not named iThomas.

-Hammerin' Hank lead/T2 Ant-Mang/Yellerjacket. They've already got bonuses and once you get Ant-Mang to T2 he avoids everything when shrunken. Level 5 for Ant-Mang/Team skill/Level 5/Yellerjacket pew-pews/GOTO 10. It's not a great team against Black Dwarf but it works against everyone else, including vanilla Thomas.

-Mahvel lead/T2 Irony Fist/Luke Cage. I've got my Danvers maxed out, as opposed to MODOK who's in my "maybe one day" pile. Switch to Fist and go straight rushdown, with some dodging needed against Ebony Maw/vanilla Thomas.

-Proxima lead/Wargwerf/Skye. You can also use the latter two with Irony Fist if you're doing speed runs, but this allows you to use Proxima without needing to completely max her out since she can be squishy otherwise. The usual plan of Werfwarg/Daisy buff then drop the hammer, with Proxima it's 6 into 5 into team. I do this because I have no other Black Order characters worth a drat right now so eventually this'll change.

-Irony Man lead/T2 Elsa/Black Iron Man. Stark proves the cooldown and a buff with Rhodey, T2 Elsa flips around a lot and fires her lazer and shoots her guns and everything falls down. Another fairly brain-dead team.

-Bob the Accuser/Floki/Coulson. Ol' reliable and who I usually sub in against Black Dwarf for Team Pym. Ronan buffs Floki, Floki runs around and the non-union clones do all the work.

-Strikers are usually some combo of Sharon/Silk/Proxima/Elsa/Irony Fist, with some subs depending on the team and the matchup.

I don't have a Thomas or any other Black Order worth a drat, don't have Strange ready yet, and don't have Hyperbob/Carnage. Yet that's 30 wins a week and wondering if maybe one day you'll beat iThomas once you have more strikers worth a poo poo. All without spending a penny.

Lee Outrageous
Jul 21, 2006

General
It's that time again! What gear for precious?

I have Silky baby and Moon kniggit eagerly awaiting that hot 6 star red, pulsing, crystal shaft thingy. I have Stark Backing on Silky baby, and Hawk's Eye on Moon fellow. I have about a dozen to choose from at the moment, not sure what to go with. What combinations have you guys tried that you find work very well?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I have no idea what you're even asking.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I'm guessing... obelisks?

They both really truly madly deeply need a damage proc, because they're quite tanky but also anemic. Also Moon Unit could use a web resist I think, every time I try to use him on the Spider Mans rumble he gets webbed forever and then murdered.

Also Silk does not want crit or crit dmg, I'd say, because at T2 she's very near cap for both iirc.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Silk: Dodge base with Damage Proc (be nice if the 3rd slot is def pen or either crit)

MK: Recovery Rate base with Invincibility (be nice if the 3rd slot is def pen or either crit)

Lee Outrageous
Jul 21, 2006

General

RatHat posted:

I have no idea what you're even asking.

Ya I meant Obelisks, it made perfect sense in my head. :downs:

punchymcpunch posted:

I'm guessing... obelisks?

They both really truly madly deeply need a damage proc, because they're quite tanky but also anemic. Also Moon Unit could use a web resist I think, every time I try to use him on the Spider Mans rumble he gets webbed forever and then murdered.

Also Silk does not want crit or crit dmg, I'd say, because at T2 she's very near cap for both iirc.

thechalkoutline posted:

Silk: Dodge base with Damage Proc (be nice if the 3rd slot is def pen or either crit)

MK: Recovery Rate base with Invincibility (be nice if the 3rd slot is def pen or either crit)

I have Silk at 166% crit damage base before gear/ISO/Cards. 178 with my puny modifiers. I have a dodge +17, crit rate +25, +200% damage @10% proc that I'm putting on her.

MoonMoon I will have to think about some more, I have a few obelisks that fit both of your suggestions but I am not sure if the stats on the proc are good or bad, and the wiki isn't much help on that topic.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
My Moon King has 42.9/58.0 Recovery, Invuln below 4 for 2s

My silk's not t2 yet so she has some old rear end Crit Rate +35 or whatever

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Just rolled a double crit Damage ob with 110% damage proc on 10% attack.

Feels good. Don't usually ever get that lucky.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also took a pretty cool picture today. Felt good about it too. Showed my wife. She was very impressed. Probably taking me out to dindin tonight now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
T2 carnage today and rolled a double recovery rate 5 star obelisk. He has 249.3% recovery rate now.

He is invincible.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah but the thing with T2 Carnage is he doesn't need healing anymore.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

RatHat posted:

Yeah but the thing with T2 Carnage is he doesn't need healing anymore.

Sharon is a bit of a pain still.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

NOICE Hootie. Dominate with that T2 Carne Asada.

On the subject of Obelisks, I'll sometimes take a look at my friends rosters and see their Obelisks equipped. Some of them are monsters. Then I get super jelly and look at my best.

What I'm getting at is I would love to see your best Obelisk. See how that RNG is treating you. Here's my best one and two.

Misty Knight will get the Cold one and either Black Widow or Thorette will get the Lightning one. Wish I had some better ones but oh well. Still feel good about these.

Whatcha got playboys and playgirl?!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Heh. Live Battleworld is so despised the matchmaking is forced to pair someone at 1300ish points vs an opponent at 4200+. Two wins puts you in the top 15% bracket.

What a shitshow.

Edit: it'd be nice to break 1500 points but I haven't had a single opponent with less than 4k points max Dr Strange/Thanos/etc in the last five matches.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 13, 2016

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Heh. Live Battleworld is so despised the matchmaking is forced to pair someone at 1300ish points vs an opponent at 4200+. Two wins puts you in the top 15% bracket.

What a shitshow.

Edit: it'd be nice to break 1500 points but I haven't had a single opponent with less than 4k points max Dr Strange/Thanos/etc in the last five matches.

I don't even bother with Live Battleworld for the most part. Once I get a win I'm done, since that'll put me into the top 30% or so and it's not worth the hassle of gambling that away for a couple extra bios or a slightly more useful chest.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

C. Everett Koop posted:

I don't even bother with Live Battleworld for the most part. Once I get a win I'm done, since that'll put me into the top 30% or so and it's not worth the hassle of gambling that away for a couple extra bios or a slightly more useful chest.

Yeah I thought I'd put in the 20 minutes to get a top 10% chest. Sitting on 11% right now. :effort:

Probably should have just took the one win and quit.

Edit: You'd think a T2 Sharon/T2 Carnage/T2 Hype/Proxima/Corvus team would be competitive at 1600 points. You'd be wrong. Dr Strange/Thanos all the way up.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 13, 2016

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Even if you feel like grinding it out for the gold, the load times alone are absolutely killer. Imagine how great this game would be if battleworld and co-op were non-live and you could grind em out in no time at all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Still not even close to manual Co-op so I'm fine with that.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

NOICE Hootie. Dominate with that T2 Carne Asada.

On the subject of Obelisks, I'll sometimes take a look at my friends rosters and see their Obelisks equipped. Some of them are monsters. Then I get super jelly and look at my best.

What I'm getting at is I would love to see your best Obelisk. See how that RNG is treating you. Here's my best one and two.

Misty Knight will get the Cold one and either Black Widow or Thorette will get the Lightning one. Wish I had some better ones but oh well. Still feel good about these.

Whatcha got playboys and playgirl?!

My best obelisk is probably the completely unnecessary one I have on 'stume'd Strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Poops Mcgoots posted:

My best obelisk is probably the completely unnecessary one I have on 'stume'd Strange.

It'll at least help out with the eventual Strange-killer characters we'll get.

• Locked thread