Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I'm down to DOZe.

Can take or leave Tucker Knight, but at least he has a cool friend now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Marry Dibson and Daffney are the only two good crazy women gimmicks. Rosemary and Mickie James are okay.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Nov 13, 2016

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What is the difference between most of those gimmicks, other than Mickie's

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
There are different kinds of crazy. Nikki Cross and Mickie James approach it differently.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

AMReese posted:

There are different kinds of crazy. Nikki Cross and Mickie James approach it differently.

Mickie James: Fatal Attraction stalker

Nikki Cross: WARGLBHLARGGHLGBRARBHLARBHLRALRBH

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

sticklefifer posted:

Mickie James: Fatal Attraction stalker

Nikki Cross: WARGLBHLARGGHLGBRARBHLARBHLRALRBH

She can't help it that she is Scottish.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like Nikki cross she is tiny and adorable and all she wants to do is fight everyone in the world and I support that fully.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

The_Rob posted:

I like Nikki cross she is tiny and adorable and all she wants to do is fight everyone in the world and I support that fully.

Same but for EY

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
NXT is bad.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What is the difference between most peoples' faces. The wrestlers. i can't recognize it

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

beggar posted:

Same but for EY

You know what I'm going to say it. Sanity is good.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Cross-post from Twitter, since it concerns the PC and some NXT dudes show up, of course
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/798027925278732289

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm going to NXT toronto and it says it starts at 7:30pm. Is there anything wrestling-ish going in the area of the ACC that day with it being a three event PPV weekend? Like a meet and greet or some under card dark matches that start before 7?

I'm trying to gauge how much of my saturday to allocate to walking around trying to get people to notice my sweet Toru Yano t-shirt.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

shadow puppet of a posted:

I'm going to NXT toronto and it says it starts at 7:30pm. Is there anything wrestling-ish going in the area of the ACC that day with it being a three event PPV weekend? Like a meet and greet or some under card dark matches that start before 7?

I'm trying to gauge how much of my saturday to allocate to walking around trying to get people to notice my sweet Toru Yano t-shirt.

I'm wondering this too (sans the Toru Yano shirt thing). Don't they usually film a few matches for the weekly show either before or after the Takeovers, especially if they're outside Full Sail?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm wondering this too (sans the Toru Yano shirt thing). Don't they usually film a few matches for the weekly show either before or after the Takeovers, especially if they're outside Full Sail?

They're out of canned eps, so my guess would be they film one episode before Takeover starts and the next tapings happen the following week.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The episode following a takeover is usually a couple dark matches filmed before Takeover and then a lotta recaps from the show (highlights, interviews, etc). They do TV tapings during the week (I think Wednesday or Thursday usually?)

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

so what time would you guys recommend going for Takeover? Does 7:30 mean doors open at that time or should I go a few hours early to see some sweet undercards?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

BWV posted:

so what time would you guys recommend going for Takeover? Does 7:30 mean doors open at that time or should I go a few hours early to see some sweet undercards?

It's been a long time since I've been to a live show, but I would have to imagine 7:30 is when the program will start, so you won't miss anything before. When I went to SmackDown, the advertised time of 6 PM was when the pre-Velocity dark match started, not when SmackDown started. I could be wrong maybe NXT does different stuff.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The NXT Baltimore show I went to was advertised as like 7:30 or 8 and that was when the show started. We ended up missing like the first half hour.

Battleground listed door time, though, for what it's worth.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

BWV posted:

Takeover Brooklyn said 730, they filmed 2 matches for the following Wednesday then the actual event started at 8.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, 7:30 is when they tape the dark matches to use for TV the next week. The matches themselves are usually nothing, but it's worth getting in early because you will never see a hotter crowd for a random Billie Kay/Liv Morgan match or whatever.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I guess the goal then is to arrive early enough to see all the matches but late enough to avoid any gratuitous displays of Niagara Falls pride going on in the Ford Fan Zone

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

sk posted:

hey, i have an extra ticket for nxt in boston next thursday--was planning on having a third person in our group but he couldn't make it. i'm hoping to get the face value (~$30) back at this point. if anyone is interested please let me know!

hey gonna bump this one more time, i don't want to waste the ticket so even if someone just wants to have it at this point i'm down

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
speaking of which, any goons got an extra ticket for NXT NYC tomorrow? otherwise I'm gonna probably just grab whatever's cheapest on stubhub tomorrow morning

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE is having a major meltdown over NXT ticket sales for the shows all this week but especially Toronto. I think they've only realised the extent of it today.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

WWE is having a major meltdown over NXT ticket sales for the shows all this week but especially Toronto. I think they've only realised the extent of it today.

I don't think the upper bowl at the St. Paul show I went to was even half full, they've really seemed to have lost what made people really love NXT while trying to turn it into its own brand.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NXT Toronto has only HALF of the lower bowl sold. WWE will likely have a major rethink about the quality of the TV show.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

NXT Toronto has only HALF of the lower bowl sold. WWE will likely have a major rethink about the quality of the TV show.
Better writing is needed ASAP, I know that isn't the hottest take, but the show has suffered from complacency issues where they think doing the same structure (Best of three series over many months where the competitors rarely wrestle, contract signings, every match being a squash) has led to this.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Bring back Mojo.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I stopped watching NXT because even with a pretty talented roster, nobody's doing anything and every single episode feels like filler for the next Takeover event. They either need to run a live NXT show every once in a while on Wednesday, or have more NXT Takeovers.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

There's about 11000 out of 14000 sold. Calm down.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RealFoxy posted:

I stopped watching NXT because even with a pretty talented roster, nobody's doing anything and every single episode feels like filler for the next Takeover event. They either need to run a live NXT show every once in a while on Wednesday, or have more NXT Takeovers.

This is basically what happened to me as well. It feels like I won't miss anything if I only watch the Takeovers.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
NXT TV should go live even though it would the brand an even bigger money pit. It would add surprise, the crowds would be less worn by the end of it and would probably raise standards of the matches. Like at least Joe and Nakamura have a good build for their match, what the gently caress has Asuka done to build her match with Mickie?

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

rovert posted:

They should have had it at Ricoh Coliseum but the Toronto Marlies are playing 2 games there this weekend while the Leafs and Raptors are both on the road. I'm not sure how far in advance they had Takeover/SS planned, but it looks like they were forced to go for the ACC.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

rovert posted:

Their prices are absolutely stupid. I got great $35 seats in the lower bowl in the Amex presale, but came out to $54 each after ticketmaster fees. When they actually went on sale to the public the lower bowl was a much more expensive face value, for worse bowl seats which would then further be jacked up by ticket master.

I mean, its going to be nice as hell to see Nakamara somewhere other than the Ted Reeve, but these are still some indy-rear end wrestlers once you take away him and the TNA veterans.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There's definite problems with pacing storylines. Joe/Nakamura has been great, but there was a point where DIY/Revival was the thing holding my interest most and then it kinda felt like that got sidelined from the brawl they had in the parking lot around the time of the CWC finals to two weeks ago when The Revival forfeited. I'm still looking forward to the match but I'm not really hyped for it like I would have been when the feud was a big focus of the show.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

I'd go to a Takeover easy but my interest in going to a run of the mill NXT house show is way less than it would've been a year ago. I've seen Nakamura a ton of times live in a more intimate enviornment and most of the rest of the roster doesn't do a lot for me rn.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

House shows are generally more fun, if not "important." I went to the Baltimore show and it was a blast.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ticket sales are down? Time to put the straps on Heavy Machinery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Don't worry. You will see a huge boost in ticket sales in the new year when half of the ROH roster supposedly debuts.

• Locked thread