Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The I is for Idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Kosumo posted:

Cos it's just so funny still (I also can't get enough of the Gary Parpman Air horn but can't find it :saddowns: )

Gary Oldman is now playing Winston Churchill in an up and coming film. The prosthetic make-up is brilliant, but his lips give it away.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Lol, get a load of this guy admitting that someone else owns INN but still just claiming to be INN because he foolishly trusted them with ownership of the content.

I'm a bit disappointed it wasn't Dolvak who just went rogue and decided they could all get hosed.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also what does austin even do. Thats a lot of people and their output seems pretty drat small (The entire projects output is small but whatever)

The Austin office exists entirely to prove that Darth Smirk is full of doo-doo.

:allears:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Jake Dimare is Wolf Larsen, Jake is a shill head of marketing for a digital marketing company that Sandi Gardiner retweets, this is maybe a sign that the INN2 guys aren't being paid directly by CIG, coverage might change from positive, otherwise why bother splitting?

If they INN2 fell out with Wolf (INN1) maybe they were pissed he was getting paid for doing gently caress all while tweeting from all over the world about digital marketing crap.

Or maybe the Digital Clarity Group (a digital marketing company that used to be called Agency Oasis, or bought them or something) and CIG have fallen out and CIG is trying to directly control INN2 using pinched content creators.

Whatever is going on, I'm sure it's funny.

AP fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 13, 2016

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Oh gently caress IIN ha ha this is my favourite :allears:

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
At the weekly Skype call:

INN crew: Hi Sandi, what are the talking points you'd like us to stress this week?

Sandi: Guys, I need you to come up with something to distract the community from the dramas on the official forms

INN crew: Leave it with us, we'll come up with something :downs:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Guys this is important, who do I turn to now for official CIG propaganda?

CIG need to make it clear either by backing INN 1.0 or going with INN 2.0

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:popeye:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jakedimare/status/797154887129821184

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5cs5hp/phew_the_inn_coup_detat_is_over/d9yx1es/

:getin:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

this is nearly as good as the anti-circumcision silent hill wiki meltdown

excuse me what

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-3D3ojGZ2EC_Bk8MRgcFQ

:laugh:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
I'm just catching up. Not on Pledgegate - that's good. No, the whole "INN have left INN" thing. So everyone just upped and left?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

They have a strange kind of humour..

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5cpume/sitting_here_as_my_house_shakes_and_wondered/

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

excuse me what

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 14, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jakedimare/status/784839312407797760

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

AP posted:

Guys this is important, who do I turn to now for official CIG propaganda?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5cs5hp/phew_the_inn_coup_detat_is_over/d9yxzof/

:psyduck:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

Oh gently caress IIN ha ha this is my favourite :allears:

:same:

i don't generally feel schadenfreude about star citizen as a whole - i think it's exciting and hilarious because it's such an enormous amount of money from such a devoted pack of people - but god drat seeing the smug propaganda channel implode makes me feel pretty satisfied

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

alf_pogs posted:

:same:

i don't generally feel schadenfreude about star citizen as a whole - i think it's exciting and hilarious because it's such an enormous amount of money from such a devoted pack of people - but god drat seeing the smug propaganda channel implode makes me feel pretty satisfied

Watching them all become podgy little nerds is payoff enough for me, everything else is just pure comedy

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

I am going to submit my bid to be an official reporter guys

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

put aside a bit of time because this one just keeps going and going

Oh dear god, I thought that was a joke. I guess I'll get started on my brioche dough, I can read through while it's resting.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 14, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Is it really a coup d'etat if they up and leave?

Shouldn't this really be called "Corporate Espionage"?

Beer, your thoughts?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

e: LOL, my -100 karma means it's in the mod queue, which means it will never be seen. Someone else is going to post my comment on my behalf.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 13, 2016

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

AP posted:

Jake Dimare is Wolf Larsen, Jake is a shill head of marketing for a digital marketing company that Sandi Gardiner retweets, this is maybe a sign that the INN2 guys aren't being paid directly by CIG, coverage might change from positive, otherwise why bother splitting?

If they INN2 fell out with Wolf (INN1) maybe they were pissed he was getting paid for doing gently caress all while tweeting from all over the world about digital marketing crap.

Or maybe the Digital Clarity Group (a digital marketing company that used to be called Agency Oasis, or bought them or something) and CIG have fallen out and CIG is trying to directly control INN2 using pinched content creators.

They're all credulous idiots who spend their time propping up CIG's ponzi scheme, but in this fight I'm picking Jake's side on principle 'cause he's on his own and the underdog. And also he's clearly a big enough rear end in a top hat to have alienated the entire INN staff, and who doesn't want a giant rear end in a top hat that everyone hates to be in charge of CIG's biggest propaganda site?

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

'I recently started as a Director'..

I get that title inflation is a thing in little fan groups but you get the idea these guys really believe it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

We need a space court image, also can someone do one of wtfosaurus melting down into a puddle while parping? TIA

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

They're all credulous idiots who spend their time propping up CIG's ponzi scheme, but in this fight I'm picking Jake's side on principle 'cause he's on his own and the underdog. And also he's clearly a big enough rear end in a top hat to have alienated the entire INN staff, and who doesn't want a giant rear end in a top hat that everyone hates to be in charge of CIG's biggest propaganda site?

He's also head of marketing, he's probably had content creators declare independence and form a republic dozens of times before.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Can somebody translate this into English? What is he talking about? Some of the people who work there went suddenly rogue or something?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen ladies and gentlemen, when you even manage to gently caress up as simple a concept as Space Pravda.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

Can somebody translate this into English? What is he talking about? Some of the people who work there went suddenly rogue or something?

Everyone at INN left to join INN2, apart from the single guy that created the INN website, who works at a digital marketing company just down the road from CIG LA (their old office) and hasn't logged into his RSI account since June.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Oh my god, this thing keeps on giving and giving.

The INN/OUTT drama is awesome! The INN 2.0 guys already are in disagreement if they should rename (one said they'd rename, another one said they remain INN because that name is well known).

This is just too good.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

With regret and disappointment

Blob

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Shivers body finally came out of stasis and needed nourishment so he raided the Patreon is my guess

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Brexinn, that's what it is

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Remember: report all INN threads in r/starcitizen as blog spam. Or don't. Whatever you think is funniest. It gives me a chuckle anyway.

Good lord, these asshats never cease to amuse. Imagine actually having arguments over who gets the precious INN brand. That's over a thousand people who clicked subscribe and now can't remember why! Some of those videos get several hundred views! This is a legal tussle of such magnitude I can only imagine it being properly handled by The Warlord's own Legal (woof) and Leonard J. Crabs. gently caress the presidential election, THIS is going to be the big story of the year.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

tuo posted:

Oh my god, this thing keeps on giving and giving.

The INN/OUTT drama is awesome! The INN 2.0 guys already are in disagreement if they should rename (one said they'd rename, another one said they remain INN because that name is well known).

This is just too good.

Bowtie guy already said they have renamed it to.. INN :lol:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

This is good. Answers my question too.

I wonder if it's possible all the people Wolf/Jake hired really were doing it free of charge. As events transpired they learned who Wolf was and that he actually wasn't doing it for free.

Instead of share the cut, Jake sets them up a "fund my life" Patreon that didn't end well.

Jealousy grew as Jake did more and more things based on their hard labor and work without giving proper dues.

If that's true, INN2 is probably going to be short lived, since I can't imagine there's a ton of money in it. Meanwhile Jake will just hire new people for INN and actually pay them.

Probably never know for real but hey, there's my two cent conjecture. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:monocle: :f5:

fe: welcome back, commando! o4

• Locked thread