Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Since there seem to be 53367 in-game networks for PS4 people, I made a PSN community named TitanFall 2 Goons (very creative!) I also made a message group of the same name since message groups are easier to coordinate with than communities. So, join the community (it is set to open) and then I will add you to the message group. Anyone is welcome to add anyone to the message group as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you get the last hit you get kills for everybody in the drop ship at least

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lumpy posted:

Since there seem to be 53367 in-game networks for PS4 people, I made a PSN community named TitanFall 2 Goons (very creative!) I also made a message group of the same name since message groups are easier to coordinate with than communities. So, join the community (it is set to open) and then I will add you to the message group. Anyone is welcome to add anyone to the message group as well!

Already is one though? Community and message group though sure. The goon networks just don't have enough people to make them useful though TBH. I just rely on everyone on my friends list and jump into the Reddit one if I wanna find more

Insert name here posted:

Finally! I get to use my sweet rear end execution that I paid 300 funbux for!
https://gfycat.com/GenuineMammothImperatorangel
:mad: :salt: <--- me IRL

(Yes I know you're supposed to hold the button down, I guess I just didn't position myself properly)

Ya you usually die more times than not trying to do it. (At least I do)

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 13, 2016

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Someone said earlier in the thread that there is zero reason pilots need a giant target painted on their back after stealing a battery and I'd have to agree. Pilots are already at enough of a disadvantage against a Titan and it's not like the huge glowing green backpack isn't enough.

At the very least it lasts way too long.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

veni veni veni posted:

Someone said earlier in the thread that there is zero reason pilots need a giant target painted on their back after stealing a battery and I'd have to agree. Pilots are already at enough of a disadvantage against a Titan and it's not like the huge glowing green backpack isn't enough.

At the very least it lasts way too long.

Counterpoint: it's easy as hell to steal a battery, and when you unlock low profile it's laughably so. The process needs some kind of downside for the pilot. If you know what you're doing you can rodeo a titan and get away with basically no risk unless the titan has a teammate nearby to attack you for him.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

If I'm getting rodeo'd while not in direct combat with another pilot or titan I'll just pop out and shoot the guy off. It's basically a free kill most of the time

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Already is one though? Community and message group though sure. The goon networks just don't have enough people to make them useful though TBH. I just rely on everyone on my friends list and jump into the Reddit one if I wanna find more

Ya you usually die more times than not trying to do it. (At least I do)

Right, which is why I didn't make a new in-game network. If there is aleady a PSN community then learn me and I'll delete mine.

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE

Fuligin posted:

If I'm getting rodeo'd while not in direct combat with another pilot or titan I'll just pop out and shoot the guy off. It's basically a free kill most of the time

This. Crouching in counter measures is reliable, but jumping out means they're stuck in the animation.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Lumpy posted:

Right, which is why I didn't make a new in-game network. If there is aleady a PSN community then learn me and I'll delete mine.

Ya I'm an idiot misread NVM!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Any tips on using the SMG? I feel like they're inferior to assault rifles due to the damage drop off and control issues. It's a real feast or famine kind of weapon with some (terrible) maps being big open areas while others (really good) maps being tight urban maps with lots of close quarter fights with both titans and pilots.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Pop a Stim and get in people's faces and don't aim down sights.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just realized you have two weapons in the colosseum

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

In Training posted:

I just realized you have two weapons in the colosseum

I get more kills with the charge rifle, honestly

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Jimbot posted:

Any tips on using the SMG? I feel like they're inferior to assault rifles due to the damage drop off and control issues. It's a real feast or famine kind of weapon with some (terrible) maps being big open areas while others (really good) maps being tight urban maps with lots of close quarter fights with both titans and pilots.

If you're having control issues with the SMGs, you're probably aiming down the sights. Don't do that. They have amazing hipfire, so they work really well while you stay extra mobile. If you're engaging at a range where the hipfire isn't sufficient, you're probably better off closing the distance. So they pair really well with Stim.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Yodzilla posted:

Pop a Stim and get in people's faces and don't aim down sights.
Any gun I have to ADS with is a gun I'm not interested in. :colbert:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Volt overview video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pUrmJf7LHY

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have only just now realized that the sniper rifles are not hit scan, and are thus complete trash.

Also this game desperately needs like any matchmaking at all, though honestly it already feels so dead that might be the killing blow, so I don't know what they should do.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah I've given them an honest attempt and I have no idea why sniper rifles are in this game.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
ADS is so ingrained in me while playing shooters it's not even funny, and in this one it usually gets me killed as I slow to a crawl and over zoom. I've recently tried to start every fight with an emp grenade, but the explosion radius is huge and I usually end up hitting myself too, doing more harm than good.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The CAR is probably the best SMG. The volt is alright too but kind of weird so try it out

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

chumbler posted:

I have only just now realized that the sniper rifles are not hit scan, and are thus complete trash.

Also this game desperately needs like any matchmaking at all, though honestly it already feels so dead that might be the killing blow, so I don't know what they should do.
DMR is hitscan, and the Kraber exists because it's satisfying as hell to nail someone with it, that rechamber animation/sound is boss as hell, and nailing titan crit spots does a reasonable amount of damage and you can do it from relative safety.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The only SMG I don't like is the Alternator because of its weird side-to-side recoil.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I could see snipers being good for safely farming in Bounty Hunt, but I haven't tried it. Maybe paired with the smart pistol for up close protection.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Anyone know how to use the Cold War? It seems kind of weak to me. I've only just started using it but it looks like you've got to hit with every shot in the burst to kill someone, it doesn't have a lot of splash, and of course its trigger is on a charge. I've loved all the other grenadier weapons, so I'd like to make this one work too.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Fuligin posted:

I could see snipers being good for safely farming in Bounty Hunt, but I haven't tried it. Maybe paired with the smart pistol for up close protection.

If you were playing with a group having one sniper makes a bit of sense I guess

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I don't know what happened but for the past few day I've been able to do nothing in this game, everyone seems to be where I'm not looking and do 180 matrix bullet dodge headshots on me if I do get the drop on them. I'm still way into it because popping people with the Ion laser is incredibly satisfying.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I just unlocked devotion.

Devotion is love. Devotion is life.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So I was just in a game where I rodeo'd a guy on the other team. He didn't use smoke, but immediately after I jumped off I was dead. On the killcam, he stood stock-still, then whipped around to exactly where I was in midair to punch me at the exact moment I jumped off.

Is that something you can just learn to do or is something fucky going on?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

PantsBandit posted:

So I was just in a game where I rodeo'd a guy on the other team. He didn't use smoke, but immediately after I jumped off I was dead. On the killcam, he stood stock-still, then whipped around to exactly where I was in midair to punch me at the exact moment I jumped off.

Is that something you can just learn to do or is something fucky going on?

You can learn to do it, which is why its sometimes good to juke immediately after the rodeo.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Relax Or DIE posted:

I don't know what happened but for the past few day I've been able to do nothing in this game, everyone seems to be where I'm not looking and do 180 matrix bullet dodge headshots on me if I do get the drop on them. I'm still way into it because popping people with the Ion laser is incredibly satisfying.

I've had a couple of days of this. I'm not good but usually got grouped with good people about 50% of the time. It feels like (on xbone) I'm seeing more stacked teams, afk players and just general gently caress-this-game stuff. The numbers are also winding down, so it's possible the honeymoon is over and we're getting into skill gap territory.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Did the nerf killing titans with falling titans? I used to do it all the time in the first week and now it seems almost impossible.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
They didn't. You only get an instant kill if you drop directly on top of an enemy, you can't order a drop on top of a domed titan (only an active one), and the enemy gets an audible warning when you order a drop on top of their titan, so it's pretty easy to avoid getting drop-killed if you're paying attention and most people will have learned to avoid it by now, unlike the first week.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hmm that makes sense. On ps4 st least those first few weeks were easy pickins in general. Still almost always finish first while I get destroyed in cod.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah I've given them an honest attempt and I have no idea why sniper rifles are in this game.
Going back to quote this to say that the reason sniper rifles exist in this game is to goof off and do poo poo like this https://gfycat.com/ActiveUnhealthyChimneyswift

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

To punish people dumb enough to try play snipermans in this game. It's really good.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Mordja posted:

Anyone know how to use the Cold War? It seems kind of weak to me. I've only just started using it but it looks like you've got to hit with every shot in the burst to kill someone, it doesn't have a lot of splash, and of course its trigger is on a charge. I've loved all the other grenadier weapons, so I'd like to make this one work too.

Cold war basically seems to just be for AI farming. It'll get you killed vs pilots that see you and doesn't do much to Titans, but in bounty hunt it'll get your Titan right quick just shooting at fresh drop pods.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
The Cold War is for wallrunning figure of 8s at twice monorail height around the tall buildings of Eden while you piss grenades on all the infantry below. It drops off hard when Stalkers and Reapers show up.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Senethro posted:

The Cold War is for wallrunning figure of 8s at twice monorail height around the tall buildings of Eden while you piss grenades on all the infantry below. It drops off hard when Stalkers and Reapers show up.

As an aside, Reapers are super dumb and either need to be removed or have anti-titan weapon damage and titan meter earn rate boosted massively. Attrition is such a massive pain once they show up, especially on foot.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Reapers break the cardinal rule of Attrition AI, which is that they should be something you kill with minimal effort to get your titan faster, not a significant pain in the rear end that constantly blocks you and has way too many HP.

They need at least 50% less HP than they currently have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
I'm guessing the thought process behind Reapers is to have a late-game opponent that only Titans can fight effectively with a significant Attrition points reward to encourage Titan blobs to go farming instead of cooped up in the most defensible position. Maybe also to reward one team achieving Titan supremacy.

Not sure it improves the game though.