Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The new modes are really fun. Im a terrible Sombra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Playing the random 1v1 duel mode with some guy on PTR who said "Ahhh that was so close" or "Lol almost had you" after every round was an epic and heartwarming gaming experience.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A lot of the matchups are boring in that. If there was more to playing the map it would be a lot cooler.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Meh, its fine for me. I'm not too big on gameplay honestly, which is why I love Overwatch. I consider it a sort of "comic book action experience" because I get to see bright colors and get cool prizes and trophies just for participating. Besides, I like to think us OW fans are "above" the sort of toxic, hyper-competetive, macho "git gud" culture of most competitive shooting games. OW is not about that. OW is about chilling out, having a few brewskis, chatting with the mates, and having a feast for your eyes. "Where a kid can be a kid" as they used to say at Chuck E. Cheese. Honestly, the only reason I'm interested in it as interactive media is to move the camera around to fet a better look at the character models.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Meh, its fine for me. I'm not too big on gameplay honestly, which is why I love Overwatch. I consider it a sort of "comic book action experience" because I get to see bright colors and get cool prizes and trophies just for participating. Besides, I like to think us OW fans are "above" the sort of toxic, hyper-competetive, macho "git gud" culture of most competitive shooting games. OW is not about that. OW is about chilling out, having a few brewskis, chatting with the mates, and having a feast for your eyes. "Where a kid can be a kid" as they used to say at Chuck E. Cheese. Honestly, the only reason I'm interested in it as interactive media is to move the camera around to fet a better look at the character models.

This. Ive been spending all tge last few matches jumping rope with Mercy's beam all round long with my friends and distributing candy with Ana's taunt instead of the frankly very cringy competitive shooting that other FPS games have.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

A lot of the matchups are boring in that. If there was more to playing the map it would be a lot cooler.

I did , ah, Bastion, Junkrat Mei Zarya and Soldier 76 and they were all epic.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wormskull posted:

So close... :o:

im jealous, i never got out of platinum.

who do you mainly play?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

yeah youd think it would restrict certain classes..whats the point of a rein mirror match? bastion? lucio? wtf lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

yeah youd think it would restrict certain classes..whats the point of a rein mirror match? bastion? lucio? wtf lol

My Bastion 1v1 was sweet

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I heard it restricts Mercy and Lucio.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

im assuming its like 1v1 clan arena except with dumbass overwatch heroes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

im jealous, i never got out of platinum.

who do you mainly play?

I started off playing Dps but now I just play whatever people don't pick so usually Lucio Ana Reinhardt and occasionally Reaper Pharah or Tracer.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I placed 2970ish playing mostly Pharah Tracer and got around 3100 and then decided to start learning and playing the essential stuff that lots of people don't play.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My most played hero this season is Zen followed by Tracer but I've come to accept that Tracer ain't that good off of Koth and Lucio or Ana is uusally better than zen.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

zen's my main even though he's really flawed

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

All it took was having his ult stuffed by Ana grenades to almost entirely stop playing him after 20 hours lol. Sometimes I do with an Ana on defense but pretty much never offense.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I also came to find that even though nothing is quite as epic as pwning heads as Zenyatta Ana is a lot more involved and fun to play and kinda Lucio as well. Plus I think having a "main" in this is a great way to rarely have any fun or get teammates who would rather lose than play the character you didn't pick lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm watching Daikatana Ritsu play this on PS4 and it's ludicrous.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I'm watching Daikatana Ritsu play this on PS4 and it's ludicrous.

?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Well, withoyut any context I'm guessing he means its really silly when everyone is playing with controllers.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think i also posted here but the skill level is just way lower than on PC. in diamond-level play youre lucky to find one other person on the team with a mic lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah I watched my friend play on xbox before and its a completely different game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
A good Zarya is quickly climbing up my list of player types I hate facing

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Since I was on a 6 win streak I was a game away from becoming Master Wormskull today... :pray: But then we got an epic team with guy who only plays Pharah when the other team has a McCree and widowmaker and whom leaves the voice chat when people start asking them to pick something more suited for the matchup... :sigh: Wouldn't of been awful if they were good but every 15 seconds they were dead.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

congrast

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

u deserve it

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

noted esports athelete Wormskull

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

[trying too hard to not care about my own sub 2.5k rank] congrats

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well my first game as a Master I got a guy who only played Torbjorn or Symmetra on KOTH and the other team did the smart thing and picked Pharah Winston so it was like being down a player because there's no DPS who can kill both Pharah and Winston. Classic.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Been pounding the competition (and my Pud, God i love you Tracer) to smithereens in this game lately. Shits been cash as gently caress. I like to believe its because of my lucky team fortress 2 mug that ive been drinking all my w00tstout from lately.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Been pounding the competition (and my Pud, God i love you Tracer) to smithereens in this game lately. Shits been cash as gently caress. I like to believe its because of my lucky team fortress 2 mug that ive been drinking all my w00tstout from lately.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sombra+arcade+all PTR changes??? are on live servers now.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Can't wait to play torb and not move at all.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Competitive is probably going to be hellish...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Can't wait to play torb and not move at all.

The torb changes are bigtime fail.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Think I might play this tonight if RE3 stresses me out too much

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Sombra+arcade+all PTR changes??? are on live servers now.

oh baby! pharah's speed boost made it in! time to loving play overwatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol one of the new brawls is 6v6 mccree

• Locked thread