Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lemon-Lime posted:

I like that the show is continuing the whole "Tekkadan are irrelevant pawns" thing, too. Rustal and Galan don't care about Tekkadan in the least, they're just useful tools to employ against McGillis.

I wonder if "what is Tekkadan" is going to be a theme this season. They aren't just a group of scrappy kids anymore. They had to hire a stranger for their Earth Branch, they're gonna have to hire a whole lot more strangers to run that mine. Orga's goal of allowing all the Tekkadan kids to have non-miserable lives is going to require Tekkadan to expand way beyond the happy little family it was in season 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
Someone needs to call Season 2 back in for repairs. I'm reading 0% in the thruster pack, and even though there's an unknown contact detected they don't seem to be altering course.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
One thing we can all agree on is that Radice's life expectancy is going to drop very sharply once the Mars Branch get in touch with the Earth Branch.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Tekkadan would just leave him as a red smear. I'd want to see what happens if Teiwaz gets their hands on him. Bad enough that he's selling out Teiwaz' interests but he's also ruining the relationship between Teiwaz and one of their most valuable branches.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Argas posted:

Tekkadan would just leave him as a red smear. I'd want to see what happens if Teiwaz gets their hands on him. Bad enough that he's selling out Teiwaz' interests but he's also ruining the relationship between Teiwaz and one of their most valuable branches.

At the moment, I'd say Tekkadan is one of the most promising, more than one of the most valuable.

They hit very hard for their weight class, and they have half metal on Mars, which is booming, but they're not the guys who can mass produce mobile suits (minus ahab reactors) or the people running the shipping lanes. They've just been promoted to the inner circle, after all.

On another note entirely, there's something interesting from the instructions for the Geirail. Apparently, if it's not translated wrong, Galan Mossa was a 'Horn proper, but he went mercenary a couple years bag. Probably so his old buddy Lord Elion could have a nice deniable operative in place for when he needed a degree of remove.

Depending on the exact timing, that could even be right after Tekkadan proved that Gjallarhorn wasn't invincible.

Explains a lot, the way I see things.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Riding the feels train home.

A salute to Neo-Yazan, a true mercenary with a heart of... poo poo, I guess? He got a great send off at least.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I did like how every single villain (well, except Radice) got a little humanising moment. And it's kind of amazing that McGillis is still carrying around little bags of chocolates even in the middle of a nightmarish guerrilla war.

Seems like Lafter/Akihiro is actually going to end up being a thing, too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Goddamn, only 7 episodes in and we already equaled the brutal murders of season 1 it seems like.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The nice guys die first in the battlefield!

Oh you seem to be a pretty nice guy yourself (crushes cockpit with jaws of DEATH)

I like that Eugene is taking his ship captain role when not inside the ship. Pompadour guy was so loving confused when he got the order to put her through comms.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The nice guys die first in the battlefield!

Oh you seem to be a pretty nice guy yourself (crushes cockpit with jaws of DEATH)

I like that Eugene is taking his ship captain role when not inside the ship. Pompadour guy was so loving confused when he got the order to put her through comms.

I also liked the implication that that wasn't just a one-liner - Akihiro was genuinely appreciative of the advice, even if he didn't intend to follow it. Given Aston's little speech, what Galan said probably cut pretty deep for a former Human Debris.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
In most works the ruthless killer who does not even understand the word compromise would be the villain, not the main character.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Hunt11 posted:

In most works the ruthless killer who does not even understand the word compromise would be the villain, not the main character.

It's almost like child soldiers are a bad thing...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Takaki has pretty much been the main character for the last bit. Honestly if people just started watching I bet everyone would assume that.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

everydayfalls posted:

It's almost like child soldiers are a bad thing...

I suppose my point was that even in a show full of child soldiers, Mikazuki is even more ruthless then the rest.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Mika and McGillis bonding over snacks. :allears:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I halfway expected Mika to go mildly apeshit on McGillis, given that he was the one that killed Aston, even if in self-defense. Their conversation near the end seems to imply he either gets it, didn't see it happen and no one told him, or, more distressingly, he doesn't care.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Psycho Landlord posted:

I halfway expected Mika to go mildly apeshit on McGillis, given that he was the one that killed Aston, even if in self-defense. Their conversation near the end seems to imply he either gets it, didn't see it happen and no one told him, or, more distressingly, he doesn't care.

They were poking over the corpse of the guy who'd set them against each other at the time, and McGillis was briefing him on what (little) they'd found. I think he got it.

He really wasn't happy about having to save McGillis when he found him with a Landman Rodi wrapped around him, though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mika probably understands the bigger picture that the beard guy hosed then harder and dealt with the traitor. He's not dumb, just undereducated.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I also imagine it got around to them that McGillis made a very legitimate attempt to talk to them before poo poo went down like it did.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

I also imagine it got around to them that McGillis made a very legitimate attempt to talk to them before poo poo went down like it did.

He also wasn't going for immediate killshots. Lots of stabbing around the cockpit, removing arms, and otherwise disabling over killing.

He and Mika continue to be basically opposites, despite being on the same side almost every time they've scrapped. It's interesting.

Also, I would like to point out that Takaki has surpassed the current world record for death flags survived. Congratulations, Takaki. At this point, I'm pretty sure you can safely set up your retirement, name your mobile worker the Live4Ever, and marry Yoko Littner, because gently caress knows if that would be enough to take you down. I'm not complaining, but man. Kid's ridiculous.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
You know what they say, it's not Sunday unless a child soldier kills somebody execution style

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Psycho Landlord posted:

Remember, Aston and his crew were actively killing Tekkadan before they were defeated and recruited. Same with the Turbines. Loyalties shift. Anyone in the merc game knows this.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Man, the second the alarm went off in beardo's mercenary camp, I started doing "OOOOH YOU DONE hosed UP" dance

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Remember, Aston and his crew were actively killing Tekkadan before they were defeated and recruited. Same with the Turbines. Loyalties shift. Anyone in the merc game knows this.

Don't even have to go that far in their careers. Orga's first day had him giving a job offer and severance pay to people just after he murdered their boss and stole the company.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chiasaur11 posted:

Don't even have to go that far in their careers. Orga's first day had him giving a job offer and severance pay to people just after he murdered their boss and stole the company.

Well he did not murder the boss. Just the guy in charge of the first division. (And it was Mika who did so.)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well he did not murder the boss. Just the guy in charge of the first division. (And it was Mika who did so.)

As far as anyone knew, the boss was gone with the cash, so the first division head promoted himself. It was part of why Orga decided enough was enough, starting his non-stop doubling down that's continued to this day. Old boss was awful, but he cared enough about getting ROI that he'd try to keep enough of 3rd division alive to save on training expenses for the next batch. Haeda Gunnel didn't even have that distinction.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dangerous Person posted:

You know what they say, it's not Sunday unless a child soldier kills somebody execution style

I think Okada is taking a dump on the people that complained about last seasons execution scene. "Oh you didn't like it? Guess what? Bang bang bang"

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
The actually death scene for Aston was kind of light on impact but was retroactively justified by Takaki's reaction to Radice.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hahaha Radice they wouldn't let you live after what you did; even if you handed over the keys to Fort Knox. You dumb motherfucker.

Eugene's got a real solid leadership/confidence thing going these days. I dig it.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
I'm guessing that Galan was Rustal's brother, given the similarities in appearance and Rustal's little eulogy at the end there.

Wonder if that will ever come up at some point?

paragon1 posted:

Hahaha Radice they wouldn't let you live after what you did; even if you handed over the keys to Fort Knox. You dumb motherfucker.
It was almost fun watching him hold on to that last spark of hope so it could be snuffed out when Takaki took aim. You know, in spite of the implications of the nicest member of Tekkadan cold-bloodedly executing someone.

Also, I bet Pompadour was being called to grab a steam vac and clean the carpet in that office.

quote:

Eugene's got a real solid leadership/confidence thing going these days. I dig it.
With Biscuit gone, somebody had to step up and become the voice of reason.

The Sandman fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 15, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I kinda doubt Rustal and Galan were related. It's probably just two bearded guys that look alike, and there's really no point in making them brothers when the show's been consistent in milking that relationship as a major sub-plot before.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I hope space Guts and Lafter get it on, before either of them inevitably gets it.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Ka0 posted:

I hope space Guts and Lafter get it on, before either of them inevitably gets it.

lol like anything could kill guts, at worst he'll lose an eye and an arm. But that will only make him stronger.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ka0 posted:

The naive and idealistic kid with an adorable younger sister just survived hoisting every death flag he could carry full mast, and the villainous mercenary with a complicated past and a knack for knowing exit strategies just bought it in his third episode. I've given up on guessing who's dying when on Iron Blooded Orphans, beyond a growing suspicion that Takaki is immortal.

Really, though, I can't agree. Akihiro and Lafter have much better chemistry, and Mika's got enough going on between Atra and Kudelia. Let the poor ex-human debris have a break for once, huh?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Takaki is immortal, and is just carefully maneuvering his way to control over the world. He's the Lacus Clyne of IBO.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Really, though, I can't agree. Akihiro and Lafter have much better chemistry, and Mika's got enough going on between Atra and Kudelia. Let the poor ex-human debris have a break for once, huh?

You're both saying the same thing, space Guts is referring to Akihiro

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tamba posted:

You're both saying the same thing, space Guts is referring to Akihiro

It was a joke about how Mika is way, way more Gutsy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Ibo is the first time that solid weapons and giant claws make sense, because beam or even heat powered weaponry doesn't exist.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tae posted:

Ibo is the first time that solid weapons and giant claws make sense, because beam or even heat powered weaponry doesn't exist.

The Earth machines in season 1 of Gundam 00 used solid ammo too. The Celestial Being Gundams using particle beam weapons was a big upset along with the rest of their fancy high-tech toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Earth machines in season 1 of Gundam 00 used solid ammo too. The Celestial Being Gundams using particle beam weapons was a big upset along with the rest of their fancy high-tech toys.

Until the back end of season 1 and all of season 2 cause then everyone had beams and sparkly missiles.

• Locked thread