Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Vertical Lime posted:

this is an organization aligned with jewish republicans

https://twitter.com/jonfranks/status/797975490526998528

As a jew, I will say maybe it won't be so bad if it means Bannon will convince Trump to spend 4 years making GBS threads on Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Democrazy posted:

Did anyone else get the impression from the "60 Minutes" interview that Trump just doesn't understand how much work the Presidency is?

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/797982058513514496

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Epic High Five posted:

The RJC and AIPAC gleefully greased the skids of anti-Jewish white nationalism and NOW they have the audacity to be worried
Hard to feel bad when they have spent the last decade plus calling any criticism of Israel anti-Semitism. Especially when it comes to treatment of the Palestinians.

I mean they got what they wanted on that front anyway....Israel has already begun to stop acting like they were even pretending there was a Two State Solution. There's a report that they are about to legalize previously illegal settlements on Palestinian land. Basically without Obama around they are going to do what they want and whatever Godawful person ends up as the UN Ambassador will gladly continue to veto any UN resolutions to stop the Israelis from destroying what was left of Palestinian independence.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

zen death robot posted:

What if those two would be the ones to keep the worst of Trumps policy's off the floor?

That' possible, but maybe it's equally likely that Trump is going to be blocking the worst of Ryan's policy agenda. There's so much we have no clue about what the Trump administration is going to be about, and from the looks of it, neither does Trump.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Homeless Friend posted:

lmao Obama will race to find out Trump character flaws so he'll whisper into his ear for supreme court justices. When Trump gives in to what he ask since Obama is being such a good friendo, Obama will slap him on the back and laugh in good cheer. Trump will beam a huge grin that a fellow powerful and respected man likes him so much.

If I was going to guess which Kaufman movie the country would most resemble a year ago, I dont think I would have gone with Being John Malkovich

Qwazes
Sep 29, 2014
Fun Shoe
Best hope for the country is either shadow Obama or outright GOP civil war. Great.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bushiz posted:

If I was going to guess which Kaufman movie the country would most resemble a year ago, I dont think I would have gone with Being John Malkovich

Another possibility, Hillary will finally divorce Bill and then, realizing it's her only chance to get into the White House, offer to marry Trump if he dumps Melania. Trump being madly in love with Hillary "Crush my enemies underfoot just like Donald Trump" Clinton will accept and she'll be First Lady again and will offer to run the country while Donald goes out for his mega-maga rallies.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
Trump is gonna spend the entire time with no policy at all just trying to juice his approval ratings.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

zen death robot posted:

He won't believe the approval ratings if they're negative, you realize this?

I wouldn't put anything past him, honestly, including trying to gain popularity by doing popular things.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

zen death robot posted:

He won't believe the approval ratings if they're negative, you realize this?

negative approval ratings will be consider libel by the Truth Act of 2017 and all pollster who publish them arrested

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I'd never actually read much of Breitbart that wasn't front and center on the homepage.

Good holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/pbondi/status/797919671676731392

What does the Chief Counselor even do on a day to day basis?

Rob Rockley
Feb 23, 2009

Agrajag posted:

they won't know its a real order until the missiles actually start launching. this was discussed in the previous thread leading up to the election. a drill to launch is exactly the same as the real deal until they feel a missile launch.

Well this is loving stupid cause thats not how it works.

A drill is totally different from a real order to launch. Drills are treated like the real thing, but are totally and completely distinct from actual events.

Qwazes
Sep 29, 2014
Fun Shoe
In fairness, if a pollster told you you actually had negative approval ratings you could probably sue

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

We should remake shadow president except as a text adventure where you play as obama giving an increasingly high as balls donald orders in trumpish riddles so he can accidentally pass the kenyan-marxist-globalist-vagenda.
You could even borrow the ego meter from duke nukem forever for donald.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
A straight white able-bodied male who voted gary johnson telling me that he respects and understands my fears of the trump presidency but that nothing's going to happen and "lgbt people will be unaffected" and "muslims will be inconvenienced" and "nothing he wants to do implies violence" and that people should try empathizing with him and understand what he means, and that he has already empathized with and understands why lgbt and muslims are afraid while telling them they shouldn't be afraid

ughhhh

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The best part of this election is that bannon always encouraged backstabbing and scheming among his editors so there's like a good chance the whole org will collapse under the succession fight when he resigns to be press secretary.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
libertarians bad???

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

FirstAidKite posted:

A straight white able-bodied male who voted gary johnson telling me

well that's your first mistake right there

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

A straight white able-bodied male who voted gary johnson telling me that he respects and understands my fears of the trump presidency but that nothing's going to happen and "lgbt people will be unaffected" and "muslims will be inconvenienced" and "nothing he wants to do implies violence" and that people should try empathizing with him and understand what he means, and that he has already empathized with and understands why lgbt and muslims are afraid while telling them they shouldn't be afraid

ughhhh

libertarians falling in love a candidate who is an authoritarian big government fascist is one of the funniest unsung stories of this election.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

libertarians bad???

lolbertarians bad

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
did Boosted react to fact that Trump's Tax plan fucks over the Middle class before getting probated?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

libertarians bad???

Exceptionally!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Most of those headlines are from gay Jewish master douche Milo.

Bannon is a fascist, I want to make that very clear. Hardcore antisemite? No.

If Bannon were to set up a death camp it would be full of Paul Ryans.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

did Boosted react to fact that Trump's Tax plan fucks over the Middle class before getting probated?

ah but have you considered that the benefits will trickle down?

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Montasque posted:

Most of those headlines are from gay Jewish master douche Milo.

Bannon is a fascist, I want to make that very clear. Hardcore antisemite? No.

If Bannon were to set up a death camp it would be full of Paul Ryans.

It'd be nice to see a circular firing squad on the right for a change.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Agrajag posted:

didn't he promise to release his tax returns after he won or some bs? awesome

It's almost like he just said what he thought people wanted to hear and didn't really plan on doing any of it beyond giving himself huge tax cuts and crowning himself the greatest man alive.

That salary is peanuts compared to the income boost from his tax cuts for the rich and corporations, might as well make an empty gesture for his supporters when it costs him almost nothing in comparison.

Beachcomber posted:

My mom, who is a good but politically naive person, doesn't see how this sudden spike in racism can be connected to Trump. She is of the opinion that these people would just have done these things anyway because they aren't right in the head.

Can anyone point me to a discrete article or three that shows concretely the ways in which the Trump campaign emboldened the racist right? Maybe something about Bannon that just lays it all out for someone who doesn't follow the news? Anything? I'm flailing here

If she didn't think the highly publicized racist and bigoted comments from his campaign were racist, she probably won't care about the other stuff either. However, googling "How is Trump racist?" will give several articles from different sources and a long list of incidents compiled on Reddit. Apparently a large percentage of his supporters either believe it's all media manipulation and lies or it's not racist because he's not throwing out well known-slurs and calling all minorities worthless.

Yes, because Jews run Hollywood you see. Thanks for letting us know you're anti-semitic as well Newt.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm really glad that there will still be chances to laugh at Trump. This week has been depressing, but the details of his trip to the White House have been priceless

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Regarding nukes I don't know how to feel after reading this NYT article from August:

quote:

Then, in 1974, in the last days of the Watergate scandal, Mr. Nixon was drinking heavily and his aides saw what they feared was a growing emotional instability. His new secretary of defense, James R. Schlesinger, himself a hawkish Cold Warrior, instructed the military to divert any emergency orders — especially one involving nuclear weapons — to him or the secretary of state, Henry A. Kissinger.

It was a completely extralegal order, perhaps mutinous. But no one questioned it.

This is how I hope a similar Trump scenario would unfold but holy gently caress, apparently even if the President is drunk there's no legal way to relieve him of nuke command. Maybe Obama can squeeze in some additional checks and balances? I live in a major population center. I'm legitimately scared.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

there is ample evidence of that. for instance, trump was elected president

"no way he hates jews I've seen him carry a bag of gold and everything"

"you mean they won't form a line so I can fire them one by one on Inauguration Day? disappointing."

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Typo posted:

ivanka and her husband are both Jewish, so he prob actively cucks his son-in-law

He's eskimo bros with a member of the tribe, he ain't got poo poo against them

He's Eskimo bros with at least one LGBT dude, should I tell my friends to not be worried?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
that bitch status: still untrumped

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

life is meaningless

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Mr. Jive posted:

Regarding nukes I don't know how to feel after reading this NYT article from August:

This is how I hope a similar Trump scenario would unfold but holy gently caress, apparently even if the President is drunk there's no legal way to relieve him of nuke command. Maybe Obama can squeeze in some additional checks and balances? I live in a major population center. I'm legitimately scared.

Trump spent the campaign publicly ridiculing the senior officers of our military. They're not going to let his dumb rear end blow up the world.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/jacobkornbluh/status/797994283345158145

Welp, this just gave his /pol/ supporters a massive boner.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Jive posted:

There's genuinely no need for a legal recourse in that situation. If the president is surrounded with people opposed to the end of the world, they would act, law or no law. If the president is surrounded by people ambivalent to the end of the world, they wouldn't act, law or no law.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

triple sulk posted:

life is meaningless

life is a test and we are failing it

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/jacobkornbluh/status/797994283345158145

Welp, this just gave his /pol/ supporters a massive boner.

I feel like this election has made every monkey's paw in the world ball up into a fist at once.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

he doesn't care :ssh: everything daddy trump does is good!

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I always wonder how the GOP will remain fervently Pro-Israel and yet get more and more anti-Semitic

and they keep surprising me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Can we call the Trump era The Long Wednesday?

• Locked thread