Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bump_fn posted:

ill literally never stop quoting this

It's not even that they're potentially exclusive. They're the same loving goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp
Run Booker in 2020 to see Trump win again.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Larry Parrish posted:

It's not even that they're potentially exclusive. They're the same loving goal

lots of people especially on the left and on these forums don't seem to realize that

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
If Mitt Romney was an actual CTR shill and not just a dedicated Hillary supporter we should all be excited that this dead gay comedy forum was worth an investment from ol' David Brock. We're still relevant on the Internet, guys and gals!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

lowtax got :20bux: from hillary? this conspiracy just goes deeper...

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

NumberLast posted:

The only umbrage I take with identity politics is when it subsumes progressive economics.

There is no social justice without economic justice.

There is no Justice without wealth equality.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Mitt Romney was around in the 2012 election so I doubt he was just some CTR shill?

nopants
May 29, 2004
Lots of rich and influential democrats and their patrons are socially conscious, but they don't want anyone loving with their money

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

political correctness did not elect trump. the democratic party and especially the hillary campaign ignoring the economic concerns of the American working class, both white and minorities, did

Anyone who hasn't figured out that Zizek is a career troll at this point smdh.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

how can you guys forget 7c nickel, the guy who would use racial slurs and you would get probated if you called him on it

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is this true?

The List goes:

1. My Imaginary Girlfriend
2. A Winner is Jew
3. fishmech
4. Mitt Romney
5. Obdicut

Only 2 of these posters I have seen recently.

Assuming those first two are jokes, MIGF specifically is an LF era Concern Troll, and A Winner is Jew is similar, that's a great list.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Bernie with Hillary's face looks like Rudy :whitewater:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is this true?

The List goes:

2. A Winner is Jew
3. fishmech
4. Mitt Romney
5. Obdicut

Only 2 of these posters I have seen recently.

im sure ill make the next draft

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

jackofarcades posted:

Mitt Romney was around in the 2012 election so I doubt he was just some CTR shill?

Shill Zero. He was the first one!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

im sure ill make the next draft

Naw you agreed with me a few times, you are too impure for list.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

bernie had the best drat ads

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

political correctness did not elect trump. the democratic party and especially the hillary campaign ignoring the economic concerns of the American working class, both white and minorities, did

I still remember the TVIV-style primary debate threads here and laughing my rear end off when Clinton opened one with "most Americans aren't concerned with economics" or something, this coming from someone with a net worth of $300 million. The Democratic Party absolutely deserved this because of their myopia and in how they colluded to gently caress the populist candidate who actually energized the party base, independent voters, and young people. They deserve to be utterly discredited.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
While we're reminiscing about terrible shillary posters I'd just like to make sure nobody forgets about Despera, lol.

Oh and Fulchrum. Angry, stupid Fulchrum.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

snakeandbake posted:

While we're reminiscing about terrible shillary posters I'd just like to make sure nobody forgets about Despera, lol.

fulchrum said he was wrong and ate a ban (or was it a permatoxx). anyway, he's not so bad

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://twitter.com/davidshor/status/797887301787455488

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

snakeandbake posted:

Despera is a legit libertarian tho, or close to it, if I remember right so that's not too surprising. Fulchrum is pretty lol tho.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

https://twitter.com/davidshor/status/600747551973711872

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Homeless Friend posted:

Despera is a legit libertarian tho, or close to it, if I remember right so that's not too surprising. Fulchrum is pretty lol tho.

:psyboom:

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

punk rebel ecks posted:

2. A Winner is Jew
3. fishmech
4. Mitt Romney
5. Obdicut

I haven't been following the c-spam awards thread. Is there an award for most corncobbed?

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

Condiv posted:

fulchrum said he was wrong and ate a ban (or was it a permatoxx). anyway, he's not so bad

I maintain my position that he was a gigantic insufferable dummy and I do not accept his apology!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oh yeah a self-made google survey with a sample size of 248 is definitely meaningful

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Shark Sandwich posted:

I haven't been following the c-spam awards thread. Is there an award for most corncobbed?

Fishmech or Obdicut.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

Powercrazy posted:

Fishmech or Obdicut.

Princess Di put up a great last minute effort to snatch that one away from them. It's going to be close.

Hannot
Nov 29, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I am wary of Booker as I can easily see the party turning straight to him and getting a lot of young people on board. Every time I've mentioned my issues with him I get, "Well he's one of the best young ones, gotta raise money somehow", from young people.

https://twitter.com/ZaidJilani/status/797996358313590784

Powercrazy posted:

Shill Zero. He was the first one!

He had a pretty similar posting style in 2008 when he backed Obama and regularly called out Clinton being shady/racebaiting. I asked him about it once this year and he was just like, "well clinton is the better choice now" or something.

P.S., this thread is good and I'm impressed it's lasted.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
so why did Dean get fired from the position last time?

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Fulchrum is the guy who made 1000 dumb rage posts about Xbox RAM so I'm not surprised he posts about politics in the same way.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Thoguh posted:

If Mitt Romney was an actual CTR shill and not just a dedicated Hillary supporter we should all be excited that this dead gay comedy forum was worth an investment from ol' David Brock. We're still relevant on the Internet, guys and gals!

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

a lot were banned in the Great Toxx Purge

Did fishmech toxx? If he did it makes his $5 donation to RAINN even funnier

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shark Sandwich posted:

There will be, nominations haven't opened yet. Soon though!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mutant Standard posted:

so why did Dean get fired from the position last time?

Stepped down

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Powercrazy posted:

Assuming those first two are jokes, MIGF specifically is an LF era Concern Troll, and A Winner is Jew is similar, that's a great list.

Whatever those two were they were annoying as all poo poo. I still recall getting into an argument with A Winner is Jew of how Hillary Clinton had no plan to retake the House and Senate. He arduously argued with me about it. :roflolmao:

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I still remember the TVIV-style primary debate threads here and laughing my rear end off when Clinton opened one with "most Americans aren't concerned with economics" or something, this coming from someone with a net worth of $300 million. The Democratic Party absolutely deserved this because of their myopia and in how they colluded to gently caress the populist candidate who actually energized the party base, independent voters, and young people. They deserve to be utterly discredited.

Hillary was the candidate of well to do white faux liberals. It was very fitting that Lena Dunham was seen as the celebrity face of Hillary.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

MJ12 posted:

One of the interesting things about group psychology is that when you get someone into a group, they tend to move their viewpoints towards what the group finds desirable and acceptable. That's why, for example, Muslim-Americans tend to be more pro gay-marriage than Protestants, because the right-wing has tons of Islamophobes who have pushed Muslim-Americans to the left and they take on leftist views. So what you need to do is first get them into your group.

Which shouldn't be hard. These guys probably think their supported candidate was betrayed, and they were right. They probably think of themselves as pragmatic. So talk to them about how Hillary Clinton was betrayed by reaching out to the right. They strung her along with promises about how they didn't like Donald Trump as long as she was willing to moderate herself and she got hosed for it. In the secrecy of the ballot box they went and voted to poo poo on all the outreach she did to the center. Talk about how the Bushes told people they were voting for her but in the end ha ha ha lol get hosed. How about all those white women who said they were gonna vote for her in droves and in the end ha ha ha get hosed Hillary.

And then when they agree with this ask them if they want to keep trying to reach out to the right wing when they've demonstrated how dishonest they are, or if they want to reach out to the left wing. Remind them that Sanders did endorse Hillary and campaigned for her, and that you agree with a lot of Hillary's platform (because you do! There's a lot of stuff in there that was put in to appease Sanders supporters. It doesn't matter whether you think they were just lip service or not). I think that's why a lot of Clinton supporters faded into the bushes for a few days and turned out to suddenly want radical progressive change. They realize that their candidate tried to extend an olive branch to the right and got hosed for it.
This is good. However, when I say ber... people immediate shut down. I kinda just feel like giving up talking about politics with people that supported hillary because they just won't see racial justice needs economic justice to be successful.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

temple posted:

This is good. However, when I say ber... people immediate shut down. I kinda just feel like giving up talking about politics with people that supported hillary because they just won't see racial justice needs economic justice to be successful.

ask them if economic policies that help the poor and disenfranchised overwhelmingly help minorities and go from there, imo.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Lol I just remembered that the RNC was doing GOTV for Hillary after they cut ties with Trump and she still got clobbered in EVs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Why the gently caress won't he stop wiping his nose?

EDIT - That's not the type of "political correctness" I was expecting.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh yeah a self-made google survey with a sample size of 248 is definitely meaningful

Didn't catch that.

punk rebel ecks has issued a correction as of 04:36 on Nov 14, 2016

• Locked thread