Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

this is a good thing to listen to

lollin @ the part about 11 minutes in: "yes...according to multiple sources interviewed by the FBI, hillary clinton...the democratic nominee for president of 2016...does not know how to use a desktop computer."

Yeah I want to defend Hillary Clinton since I voted for her and am just so disgusted with Trump but drat girl

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it is kinda blowing my mind

you aren't allowed to take cell phones into certain areas of the state department where hillary worked, but she literally did not know how to use the facility's desktop computers to send and receive email, so she would periodically leave her desk, pick up her blackberry from the guard, and wander around the 8th floor balcony replying to emails

it's painting a picture involving no malice, just total ignorance of any technological advances since she started living a non-normal life in 1992 (which was p much the yospos interpretation of the whole thing from the beginning, right?)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

this is a good thing to listen to

lollin @ the part about 11 minutes in: "yes...according to multiple sources interviewed by the FBI, hillary clinton...the democratic nominee for president of 2016...does not know how to use a desktop computer."

uhhh computer repair shop worker IRL here and honestly if there's anything that Hillary has in common with everyday america its this right here

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw-0V7wgwTQ&t=60s

jre fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 14, 2016

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Dungeon Ecology posted:

uhhh computer repair shop worker IRL here and honestly if there's anything that Hillary has in common with everyday america its this right here
you got a lot of customers with blackberrys?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
also lol if you think Donald Trump has any idea how computers work either.

They were able to stop him from tweeting by just physically taking away his phone.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i got reminded that adam ruins everything has some more eps and its p good and very yosposy/goony and could also be called "uh, actually"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAeHuDcy_bY

next weeks ep is about the DARE program so thatll be fun

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 14, 2016

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

this seems like it could go really badly. i'm interested in that MAPS study into MDMA for PTSD. Hell, something like 5-Meo-MiPT could probably be super goddamn good for that poo poo.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

this would be very good if someone edited out the posh unfunny woman that seems to be there for no apparent reason.

PatRichCapone
Sep 24, 2003

*scoffs* *meows*

Sagebrush posted:

it is kinda blowing my mind

you aren't allowed to take cell phones into certain areas of the state department where hillary worked, but she literally did not know how to use the facility's desktop computers to send and receive email, so she would periodically leave her desk, pick up her blackberry from the guard, and wander around the 8th floor balcony replying to emails

it's painting a picture involving no malice, just total ignorance of any technological advances since she started living a non-normal life in 1992 (which was p much the yospos interpretation of the whole thing from the beginning, right?)

i'd argue she started living a non-normal life at the latest when she became first lady of Arkansas

like you'd think at some point in her career she would have had to sit for a infosec briefing but here we are

it really is stunning that perhaps the key reason clinton lost the election was her arrogant refusal to learn anything related to funny computer

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
sunday afternoon motherfuckers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxA9O2WW138

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom
oi echinopsis, did they end up evacuating wellington?
i heard something abt it, been trying to contact friends

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

someone buy this dude an account

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Fun fact if you get wet in subzero temperatures the best way to dry off quickly and avoid hypothermia is to roll around/rub snow on yourself so it absorbs the moisture.

Stay safe Nordic goons.

edit: or use fire

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

vodkat posted:

this would be very good if someone edited out the posh unfunny woman that seems to be there for no apparent reason.

that's what america said

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

this will be me once it finally snows

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

and each one of these had an engine on it as powerful as the titanic... just for pumping fuel into the combustion chamber

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

GENDERED SLUR posted:

this seems like it could go really badly. i'm interested in that MAPS study into MDMA for PTSD. Hell, something like 5-Meo-MiPT could probably be super goddamn good for that poo poo.

strong doses of weed have been known to give ppl (me) panic attacks but lol nope weed is the miracle cure for everything according to stoners

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

KoRMaK posted:

2016 is a very wierd year indeed

theres like too much stuff going on at once and saying its a coincidence has a tinge of some weird doubt in the back of my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liuSbrghzmk

http://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/history-is-weird

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInDH2FeXaM

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Sapozhnik posted:

strong doses of weed have been known to give ppl (me) panic attacks but lol nope weed is the miracle cure for everything according to stoners

lol, baby lungs over here.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ughrnghhhhhhhhh

I think I understand some part of quantum philosophy more now.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sapozhnik posted:

stoners are dumbshits

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Weed helps you become introspective, and hopefully that will enable the person to realize why they are paniced and then do some behavioral poo poo to overcome it.

Probably doesn't work for everyone in every situation, but I know that it's been a great behavioral retraining catalyst for some.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

there's a huge difference between "cannabis can help some people with some medical conditions in some circumstances" and the stoner "weed WILL solve all your mental issues if you smoke it enough" garbage

weed helps some people become introspective. it certainly doesn't for everyone. for instance, i just get instantly overstimulated and need to go into a dark quiet room. that doesn't sound like it would be all that good for someone with PTSD.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

oh my god

https://twitter.com/immolations/status/798006664989470720

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sapozhnik posted:

yeah some people love it but it makes me paranoid like gently caress. usually when I tried it I just cleaned my whole apartment, including vacuuming the black fabric on the bottom of the sofa. no more.

booze makes me very calm indeed though.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
it is a shame that booze makes you fat or I would drink it more.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

umguys you know that there are different strains of weed with different combinations of cannabioids that can have different effects

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

duTrieux. posted:

umguys you know that there are different strains of weed with different combinations of cannabioids that can have different effects

1/ perhaps this is something that the weed culture morons could be communicating, instead of weed solves everything

2/ i am sure the individual effect is still variable, one person will get chill and one person will get hosed up on the same joint

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

anyway booze is nice.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

duTrieux. posted:

I know, i worked at a radio station I college with the biggest stoners in the universe. they aren't that different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

duTrieux. posted:

Yea this really matters and I'm mad that this poo poo isn't standaradized to the point where I can make that choice. I've def found that indacas make me a paranoid couch monster, but sativias are an outgoing socializer.

Lately though I do like the sober/booze combo. I've found that I just kind of do boring poo poo that needs to be done, like cleaning for instance. Or reading boring paperwork.

• Locked thread