Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should I post in the anime thread?
This poll is closed.
food 14 10.37%
cat 28 20.74%
selfies 22 16.30%
touhous 41 30.37%
robots 30 22.22%
Total: 135 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

watch columbo, an actual classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

also the first gits movie is if you like blade runner and the second is if you like godard

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Parallax posted:

also the first gits movie is if you like blade runner and the second is if you like godard

that dog from Jimmy Neutron?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Album closer of the year, legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4OZbdB_wVY

Julias posted:

Monk was fun.

That it was! Psych was fun too. I think I'm starting to see a pattern here: I like Scrubs and Childrens Hospital but I couldn't, for the life of me, get too invested on House, Grey's Anatomy or even ER.

chumbler posted:

Original flavor Law and Order was better than the spin offs.

OG Law and Order made me realize that I liked really honky yet bluesy riffs. That's a yes in my book.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I think I'm sick, goons.

Good thing my immune system makes it really hard to tell unless it's catastrophic.

Go me.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

same tho

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
The only serialised show I really got into watching was Pushing Daisies, and it got killed by the writer's strike. RIP

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also theres Homicide if you want shows that are acclaimed.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lol I never saw the finale to Homicide thats pretty amazing, now I have to go track it down.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In the epilogue, Giardello finds himself in a slightly otherworldly version of the squad room. He sees Adena Watson (whose murder occurred in the first episode of the series) and encounters the spirits of Beau Felton (who had died in the line of duty) and Steve Crosetti (who had committed suicide at some point between Seasons 2 and 3). Crosetti and Felton reveal that while the afterlife may physically resemble Earth, it lacks the worry that comes with living. Giardello joins Crosetti and Felton for a game of poker but has one last worry when they inform him that the fourth, unoccupied chair is for the next casualty from the Homicide unit. Giardello asks if the chair is intended for his son, but Crosetti and Felton tell him that there is no way of knowing.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Red Minjo posted:

The only serialised show I really got into watching was Pushing Daisies, and it got killed by the writer's strike. RIP
no it got killed by being a bryan fuller show, like every good thing he makes that is suddenly and violently destroyed by television

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RIP, wonderfalls
RIP dead like me
RIP hannibal

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched a ton of police and detective shows growing up because that's what my parents watched, so shows like Colombo, Matlock, Quincy, Simon & Simon, Cagney & Lacey, Perry Mason, the Rockford Files (I was a big fan of James Garner as a kid lol), plus a ton of stuff that I've forgotten because it all kinda blurs together at this point. They liked the mystery solving ones and the legal dramas more than the pure cop shows, but the original Law & Order was a family favorite lol. I watched pretty much all flavors of L&O up until a few years ago when I finally lost interest after most of the actors I liked quit.

I've been more successful finding manga that scratches that itch but in general "police procedural" is kind of a thin genre in anime and manga and usually mixed with something else like sci-fi or horror or something really loving stupid like that wizard lawyer show.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

homeless snail posted:

no it got killed by being a bryan fuller show, like every good thing he makes that is suddenly and violently destroyed by television

he's overrated

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sharkopath posted:

Also theres Homicide if you want shows that are acclaimed.

yeah it's good, I watched a bunch of it but same on never watching the finale. I was mostly watching it as reruns so I don't think they were even in order unfortunately.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is the Wire considered police procedural? It's by the same guy that wrote Homicide, but I don't think it focuses on the Police angle exclusively enough to be considered such.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A legit wizard lawyers show would rule.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

chumbler posted:

A legit wizard lawyers show would rule.

I'm pretty sure wizards don't do court systems. I think they just throw suspects in wizard jail.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Parallax posted:

he's overrated
instead, he is very good

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I watched Inferno Cop.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Is the Wire considered police procedural? It's by the same guy that wrote Homicide, but I don't think it focuses on the Police angle exclusively enough to be considered such.

wire changes focus each season so its more expansive than a police procedural

the cop season is though

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Red Minjo posted:

I'm pretty sure wizards don't do court systems. I think they just throw suspects in wizard jail.

Perhaps you've forgotten about a little anime called Wizard Barristers :colbert:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Which is understandable, because that show fuckin suuuuuucked.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

a kitten posted:

Which is understandable, because that show fuckin suuuuuucked.

I'm on my phone or I'd post the emotional climax to the series that was 2 minutes long and consisted of 6 still frames

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Cowwan posted:

Well now I need to watch Koyaanisqatsi.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

It's loving amazing in how pretty much anyone off the street could look at it and realize that they had like 4 hours and one artist available to crank out that scene

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

homeless snail posted:

RIP, wonderfalls
RIP dead like me
RIP hannibal

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Hannibal at least ended in a fun way and I'm really happy with the 3 seasons as a whole but yeah, would have loved more

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Mods, bring back the Potemayo thread

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Erg posted:

I'm on my phone or I'd post the emotional climax to the series that was 2 minutes long and consisted of 6 still frames

gotcha covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhmBnaEcbfA
Everyone watch this.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
shokugeki no soma thoughts:
ah! immediately after the autumn selection ends, s2 actually becomes really fun. the three finalists getting together to eat and compare their dishes was great and the entire stagiare was extremely enjoyable. I wish we'd gotten time with the other students too though, I don't know how it went in the manga but it's a real shame that they couldn't have another cour to expand on the stagiare and maybe show one or two of the challenges yukihira receives at the end.

man, those earlier episode were loving rough though, back-to-back obnoxiously aggressive ryo and insanely tedious mimasaka for like four episodes, bleh. it's kind of a bummer 'cause i enjoyed the first round selection, I think everything being sped up just a little to get through more judgings helped keep the entire process from becoming tiresome.

I hope there's a third season at some point but until then, on the next cooking anime I guess. time to check out ristorante paradiso

moribito thoughts:
I'm glad that boy didn't have to eat those slugs

balsa is loving cool

Knorth fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 14, 2016

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

There's an Edo cop anime next season, it might be good

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

:wow:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I guess this is the best place to ask this question. I remember reading a Manga a bit ago that I want to re-read but can not remember the name. it took place in the near future where if you were convicted of murder the victims family had the right to murder you back. Of course since most people don't like doing that there are special agencys one can hire, likewise the murder would more than likely hire his own and thus the two teams of hitmen would go after each other. The main character was one of these hitmen. He was also very messed up in the head. Emotionless and delusional. He lived with his mother and girlfriend. His girlfriend would gently caress other dudes infront of him and he just wouldn't care. A lot of the sociopaths in the manga really pushed this whole "You're a prey but I'm a predator" mentality/philosophy.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

There's an Edo cop anime next season, it might be good

i like his edo cop helmet, its a wierd sallet thing

it has a name but i forgot it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

tyrian purple is somehow one of the cheapest dyes in ff14 so now im decked out like an emperor

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

tyrian purple is somehow one of the cheapest dyes in ff14 so now im decked out like an emperor
if you want any sick metallic or pastel dyes I can set you up

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

They probably don't have to grind up any snails to make it in FFXIV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

actually on second thought please don't use sick metallic or pastel dyes until you get to 60, unless you have a really cool glamor piece

• Locked thread