Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Hey, Dende, you're looking pretty buff, been hitting the hyperbolic time chamber? why don't we just go over here and you let me hold your shoulder for a bit..."

"Hey guys, where's Piccolo?"

"I dunno, he said was going to New Namek for a vacation..."

*cut to Piccolo eating the last Namekians*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

crunchyroll is adding 10 episodes per week every saturday; they only started subbing dbs recently

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECf6JGnrVJw lol this is some major butthurt

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

He is the perfect example of someone who takes power levels too seriously.

As if the size of a spirit bombs means anything. loving Goku made a huge rear end one for Freeza and that didn't do poo poo.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

:qq: posted:

Toei runs purely on the sound of childhood dreams being crushed... I give up

:spergin: posted:

So is super saiyajin blue man group not needed anymore? Is plot power even more prevalent than ever?

:monocle: posted:

Super has been on shaky ground with me since the first movie, but there were a LOT of "gently caress-The-Fans" in that last episode:
1. Potara fusion isn't permanent now... WHAT?!
2. Zamasu isn't actually immortal... WHAT?!
3. Future Trunks can use Spirit Bomb... WHAT?!

:allears:

Though 'super saiyajin blue man group' did get a chuckle out of me.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Did people get all butthurt when Gohan beat Cell, instead of Goku?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

I think the faux Dunkey-Plinkett fusion voice adds a lot to this, really cranks up the value

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv49oRmmGGs

Lunatic Sledge fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 14, 2016

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

this guy sounds like Droopy the Dog. It makes it more hilarious.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Poison Mushroom posted:

:allears:

Though 'super saiyajin blue man group' did get a chuckle out of me.

Curious where are these quotes from?

I"m assuming YT and Reddit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shindragon posted:

Curious where are these quotes from?

I"m assuming YT and Reddit.
YT comments on the linked video.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Personally, Zamasu being only half-immortal was one of my favorite parts of the episode. Very clever way to write themselves out of that corner.

e: Quote is not edit

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Christ with all the fans whining about vegito I almost wish that he didn't show up even though his fight with zamasu was good.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
that dude is so mad about the spirit bomb sword but why wouldn't it be powerful? it had trunks and the people/ earth's ki and the ki of goku and vegeta plus it's an ability that destroys evil which zamasu has in spades.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
Genki trunks showing up and saving the day when the Blue Man Group couldn't do it is fine, great scripting, go for it.

...but there was zero point to Vegito being there. What you could have done, is just have Goku and Vegeta about to threaten to fuse as a last resort, Trunk shows up with the Genki Sword and is all gently caress that I want my dad alive, and everyone else too.

Vegito has point in the episode at all, just ruins a cool thing from the canon, etc.

Monaghan posted:

Christ with all the fans whining about vegito I almost wish that he didn't show up even though his fight with zamasu was good.

Literally. I'd rather not see him, than have that bit of the canon screwed up like this. If there was another arc, why don't Goku and Vegeta keep a set of earrings all the time? They barely even mind doing it anymore.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nostalgia's a hell of a drug.

These are the same people who will deny that the Namek arc was about three times as long as it needed to be.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Poison Mushroom posted:

Nostalgia's a hell of a drug.

These are the same people who will deny that the Namek arc was about three times as long as it needed to be.

They also probably don't acknowledge any part of Dragon Ball before Raditz showed up.

Krillin once beat a guy because he realized that Toriyama didn't draw him with a nose. How does a scouter read that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

revdrkevind posted:

Vegito has point in the episode at all, just ruins a cool thing from the canon, etc.

Vegeto got defused the first time he showed up. Vegeto being permanently fused was never, ever, ever a risk. They have Majin Buu back home and the Dragonballs which have already canonically been shown to defuse people fused by the earrings. If it was a 'coold thing from the canon' that was ruined then it was ruined back literally when it first appeared when he was defused by magic gas inside Majin Buu.

revdrkevind posted:

If there was another arc, why don't Goku and Vegeta keep a set of earrings all the time?

The exact reason they wouldn't do the Fusion Dance every arc: Because they don't like fusing and it is a literal stated explicit plot point that they don't want to rely on fusing and other people instead of their own power.

Like, seriously, this is an explicit plot point. Neither character wants to fuse because it means they're not relying on their own power. Remember when Goku gave a big speech about how embarrassed he was to have to rely on a ritual to become Super Saiyan God?

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 14, 2016

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vegito being able to de-fuse with the Dragon Balls is a hilarious kick to the nuts to that Multiverse plot point.

ImpAtom posted:

The exact reason they wouldn't do the Fusion Dance every arc: Because they don't like fusing and it is a literal stated explicit plot point that they don't want to rely on fusing and other people instead of their own power.

Like, seriously, this is an explicit plot point. Neither character wants to fuse because it means they're not relying on their own power. Remember when Goku gave a big speech about how embarrassed he was to have to rely on a ritual to become Super Saiyan God?
Vegeta literally has to be talked into fusing every time it's brought up. And every time it's brought up, it's usually because everyone will loving die if they don't. That's how much they don't like it.

Funky Valentine fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 14, 2016

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That was a drat good arc and ending

if you are complaining about it then Idk what to say, get over it, have fun

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

revdrkevind posted:

What you could have done, is just have Goku and Vegeta about to threaten to fuse as a last resort, Trunk shows up with the Genki Sword and is all gently caress that I want my dad alive, and everyone else too.

That would be dumb because then everyone would have continued on the whole "Goku and Vegeta could have won if they had done this thing" line of thinking and taken away from Trunks big moment. The point was that as Vegeta had told him when they trained together that if Goku and him gave it everything they had and failed then Trunks would have to find someway to do it for his own drat self.

Goku and Vegeta tried, they failed. Trunks did it by his own drat self and saved the day.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'd say my only complaint is that it didn't really know when to go in for the approach on the landing, so you had three separate episodes that each felt like they could have been the end of it, but then there was one more twist. Not that it didn't end well, just that I'm a little bummed that the father/son Gallick Gun ended up amounting to precisely nothing.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I wish it had been Gogeta because I like the way Gogeta looks more

little jackets are cool

sad that Trunks has gone to a full-sized jacket

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

vegito kicked around zamasu so he was beaten up and weakened for trunks. there u go, justification

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Time Patroller Trunks watches this episode through a time scroll.

"Yeah, I totally did that. That was me. Totally. All me. Definitely."

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I like how if Zamasu had just not taunted Trunks at any stage along the way of this arc he probably would have won, but he just couldn't help himself even when it became clear every time he did so it didn't work out well for him.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
I'm only disappointed that we didn't get to see a hastily given lesson about fusion dancing to Vegeta only for them to create Veku. That fat super saiyan blue dropkick sassing Zamasu could have been something else.

Loved the episode.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Skinty McEdger posted:

I like how if Zamasu had just not taunted Trunks at any stage along the way of this arc he probably would have won, but he just couldn't help himself even when it became clear every time he did so it didn't work out well for him.

Black disintegrated Trunks mother right in front of him. Seems like that would be the moment to transform, not when your being lectured by some windbag.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Black disintegrated Trunks mother right in front of him. Seems like that would be the moment to transform, not when your being lectured by some windbag.

Trunks also got the poo poo kicked out of him and then healed and then got the poo poo kicked out of him and then healed over and over this arc which probably pushed him over whatever the limit is there for his magical bullshit transformation. Sort of like how Goku didn't go Super Saiyan when Piccolo's goon killed Krillin but DID when Frieza killed Krillin.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Plus the whole Trunks had his magical bullshit transformation after Zamasu told him he was solely to blame for not only the death of his own mother but the destruction of the world.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So between Frieza, Cell, Buu, and Zamasu Trunks is like 4/4 for actually killing the arc ending big bads at some point in the series.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

So between Frieza, Cell, Buu, and Zamasu Trunks is like 4/4 for actually killing the arc ending big bads at some point in the series.

He's technically also sort of responsible for the death of Beerus in his own timeline!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

5/5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHLoLW58MAQ

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Funky Valentine posted:

Vegeta literally has to be talked into fusing every time it's brought up. And every time it's brought up, it's usually because everyone will loving die if they don't. That's how much they don't like it.

Goku's chastising "Vegeta!" when trying to get him to fuse in this episode was good

TheKingofSprings posted:

He never killed Buu, just Dabura.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Goku's chastising "Vegeta!" when trying to get him to fuse in this episode was good

He never killed Buu, just Dabura.

Pretty sure Buu will eventually starve to death in the cocoon, and without Babidi nobody gives a poo poo about his existence.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

I love Trunks fires off this big blast of gently caress off energy and Vegeta very quietly blasts off like Team Rocket

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

Pretty sure Buu will eventually starve to death in the cocoon, and without Babidi nobody gives a poo poo about his existence.

Just because Babidi is dead doesn't mean Buu is sealed forever. Someone could just go to Hell and learn the spell from him, hes around.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

who cares, trunks is way stronger than goku was when they fought buu and he was already stronger than kid buu back then. plus he knows how to make spirit bomb swords now, buu's hosed

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Do you guys think Vegeta, as he is now, could ride the Flying Nimbus?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I can't tell if his voice is 'this is my dumb knock-off Plinkett joke video' or 'I'm an anime nerd'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

I turned screenshots of this into a very popular tumblr post. That video doesn't include the best part

• Locked thread