Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Decus posted:

Smogon has everything aggregated. Note that both lists have errors in egg moves and beyond that you're unlikely to have access to some of them until January. Island scans exist, but don't think anybody has figured out the logic behind them yet in terms of whether they're random, semi-random or set.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Aurora Veil stacking with screens is unexpected

Hail stall is back, baby! :shepface:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Okay if I am going with the seal (I am going with the seal) I must build a team of equally elegant Pokémon to complement it. Suggestions?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Rangpur posted:

Okay if I am going with the seal (I am going with the seal) I must build a team of equally elegant Pokémon to complement it. Suggestions?

Lilligant

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Decus posted:

Water Bubble Hydro Vortex crit in the rain.

The research thread is worth a read too. Burn Up is really interesting and seems well-implemented all around. Water Bubble working on z-moves sounds more questionable.

At that point, you're basically just dropping the entire ocean on the opponent.

I know that it's likely partially an oversight, but I love that Arceus can use Burn Up without any consequences if it holds its flame plate. More little details like that give it more cred as Poke-God.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Rangpur posted:

Liligant as mentioned is a good choice but a version exclusive, if you're in the wrong game for it Tsareena can substitute.

Frosslass. Maybe Vespiquen? I don't think the latter's in the game/Alola Dex though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rangpur posted:

alolan dugtrio of course

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Countblanc posted:

Aurora Veil stacking with screens is unexpected

"ice is weak against too many types!"
"hmm, what if they took, like 0 damage?"

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

alolan dugtrio of course
poo poo how could I forget that beautiful motherfucker? That's a keeper, I don't even care about typing.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Rangpur posted:

, I don't even care about typing.

Even so it seems perfectly good in that regard. https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/#dugtrio-alola (hit the plus)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Rangpur posted:

Eevee's acquirable pretty early on and you get a soothe bell around that time too so depending on which you consider more elegant you've got a choice between Espeon and Umbreon.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Rangpur posted:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the mega evolution speed thing is gonna be pretty weird. super nice for lopunny and beedrill, the latter of which could potentially go OU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

tbp posted:

the mega evolution speed thing is gonna be pretty weird. super nice for lopunny and beedrill, the latter of which could potentially go OU

Beedrill finally achieves its destiny.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Funky Valentine posted:

Beedrill finally achieves its destiny.

I was curious what this meant since I honestly never looked at the stat differences for Megas during Gen VI and holy goddamn poo poo was Beedrill ever shafted by that post-change speed calculation, that thing is an absolute monster. :aaa:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

tbp posted:

VGC players don't have to deal with any of this, megas are completely banned woo go home M-Kanga/M-Lucario :toot:

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Yeah, the mega speed taking place on the turn you mega evolve was a benefit for almost all of them with the exceptions of Garchomp and Heracross. everyone else either gets more speed, a better ability, or is slow enough that they really don't care.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

PSWII60 posted:

Yeah, the mega speed taking place on the turn you mega evolve was a benefit for almost all of them with the exceptions of Garchomp and Heracross. everyone else either gets more speed, a better ability, or is slow enough that they really don't care.

One important exception is Sableye, who previously could benefit from Prankster and Magic Bounce on the same turn.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

This calling for help mechanic is very silly and I love it.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 14, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh, so that's how you get the really low level Salamences!

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

One important exception is Sableye, who previously could benefit from Prankster and Magic Bounce on the same turn.

Oh right, forgot about that one.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Oh, so that's how you get the really low level Salamences!

Salamence for little cup.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Crosspeice posted:

can you get trade evos doing this? like golem or gengar or w/e

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

can you get trade evos doing this? like golem or gengar or w/e

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned catching a Gengar so yeah.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Crosspeice posted:

:eyepop: I guess if you really get lucky enough to run into one of those, you deserve to demolish what little difficulty the game has.

EDIT: Chains can be ended by inflicting a status effect on a Pokemon that can call for help. Good to know if you just want to avoid that mechanic altogether.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 14, 2016

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Has anybody tested the abilities that alter nature/gender with the called-in pokemon?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Decus posted:

Has anybody tested the abilities that alter nature/gender with the called-in pokemon?

They work. In fact, a little trick you can do to save yourself some time is to cause your Synchronize user to faint, and put them in the first slot. This still procs their ability, but now you don't have to waste time switching out.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
do pokemon which call in others eventually struggle once all its moves run out? seems like the chain would end eventually unless you can get a summoned one to call in others too

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Rangpur posted:

Tsareena, Oricorio and Alolan Ninetales.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Crosspeice posted:

Wait, does this mean Lance is Alolan?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Desperate Character posted:

do pokemon which call in others eventually struggle once all its moves run out? seems like the chain would end eventually unless you can get a summoned one to call in others too

They will run out of PP eventually. Some summoned Pokemon are capable for calling for help, but for the ones that aren't, you can use a Funbro to ensure they live forever. :unsmigghh:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Method to get non Alolan forms through breeding has been found.

https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/798036010764353536

Just put an Everstone on the Pokemon that's in their Kanto form. It doesn't matter if the other parent is Alolan or not, the baby will always be in their Kanto form.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Dr. Fetus posted:

Method to get non Alolan forms through breeding has been found.

https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/798036010764353536

Just put an Everstone on the Pokemon that's in their Kanto form. It doesn't matter if the other parent is Alolan or not, the baby will always be in their Kanto form.

... this is actually kind of annoying, unless they provide some other method for nature breeding.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Also you're still locked out of regular Raichu, Exeggcutor, and Marowak unless something changes or gets discovered.

Yes, evolving a Kanto Pokemon with an Alolan evolution` (Just Pikachu, Exeggute, and Cubone fall under this), no matter which game they came from, in Alola forces them to evolve into their Alolan form.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Nov 14, 2016

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/798010547665039360 https://twitter.com/forer0/status/798025131104694272

Well that was fast. Notably, Alolan Legendaries will not generate a QR code, so either they've cracked that, or made it so every other Pokemon in the game is available through QR.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 14, 2016

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Wait, so what does this mean? I can scan this code in and go catch a shiny Diancie? Or potentially any non-Alola legendary?

Because I need one for my living dex.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I thought it just gives you a "seen" for your pokedex entry. And once you do 10 of those a random pokemon will actually spawn somewhere that you can catch.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm actually not 100% on what the QR codes completely do. But they're cracked! That usually means something.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Crosspeice posted:

I'm actually not 100% on what the QR codes completely do.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/discover-pokemon-using-the-qr-scanner/

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/798084400546254848

Basically, it's not really gonna do all that much. Though I guess you can get shiny entries in the Pokedex easier this way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

They work. In fact, a little trick you can do to save yourself some time is to cause your Synchronize user to faint, and put them in the first slot. This still procs their ability, but now you don't have to waste time switching out.

Are you sure? Didn't work in gen 6.