Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Can Wait Mode be turned on in the demo? I'd like to see how it works in practice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

no it's greyed out

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I feel bad for the innocent architect that had his back explode because Iggy was curious.

EDIT: wrong thread but don't worry I fixed it

Augus fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 14, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I too feel bad for the guy that had to model that rock that everyone threw a shitfit over

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Augus posted:

I feel bad for the innocent architect that had his back explode because Rohan was curious.

wrong gang of boys

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Does the deluxe edition come with the season pass or whatever for the bro DLCs?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no lol

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There are Final Fantasy 15 days left until release people

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Really hoping Amazon sends it early so I can get it on release. I can't wait

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Terper posted:

There are Final Fantasy 15 days left until release people

We've had all this time to prepare, and somehow I'm still not ready.

I hope everyone's been doing their Amazon roadtrip "quests" to unlock their DLC stuff. They don't work for me at all on my laptop browser; I had to do them on my phone.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I haven't preordered.

(In fact I don't even have a PS4)

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I haven't preordered because gently caress dealing with :australia: game retailers more than necessary and I don't have enough trust in my internet to lock into digital.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

After exploring more out of towns I'm really starting to get a hang of the mechanics better and how to best utilize back attacks and party member specials. Fighting larger enemies is really where the system shines.

Also it's cool to see the more run down areas since it conveys the idea from Kingsglaive that outside the city isn't the nicest place to live better.

Nina fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Nov 14, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This one dude put together a beginner's guide to combat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMvtobGYumA

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Yeah I think the hardest thing to get used to is how defence-oriented the combat is. Because you commit to every attack fierce offense is very likely to end up clumsily (unless in the full game you indeed gain the ability to perform cancels).

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The Souls series doesn't give you attack cancelling but it is still very oriented around offense, so I'm not sure FF15 will be totally defensive. Are there any quick attacks to supplement the strong attacks?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There's only one attack button, but you can change styles by switching weapons, as well as perform different attacks by holding directions. The daggers are very fast, and their side attack has Noctis quickly sidestepping around the enemy with some i-frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pul2q8Ai_Ig

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

The regular sword backflip has some iframes too and comes out quick. Though the input gets super awkward in crowded fights so it's mostly useful against big foes that have some windup and predictability to their attacks. But even the fast weapons often have such elaborate, varying attack animations the flow of the combat won't be like Souls where the rules of when you can do x after performing y are always standard.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I'm preordering digitally so I'll be playing the game exactly at midnight (Did the same thing with DkS3).

Man, not looking forward to the next morning.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I would've gone digital but it would've been 20€ more expensive :confuoot:

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
Canceled my physical pre-order in favor of a digital pre-order the other day as they were about the same price-wise. I'm not getting an SSD for my console, but I still want to minimize load times.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The way discs work for consoles now it's about saving monthly bandwidth VS eradicating drive noise.

And inevitably watching assholes get copies early.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Nov 14, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'll pre-order once digital can preload.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Terper posted:

There's only one attack button, but you can change styles by switching weapons, as well as perform different attacks by holding directions. The daggers are very fast, and their side attack has Noctis quickly sidestepping around the enemy with some i-frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pul2q8Ai_Ig

I can never do directional attacks at a distance like that, when I hit the button he always does the dash forward attack no matter what direction I'm holding on the stick, but if I continue to hold it the second or third attack that comes it will be the side dodge or whatever. Dunno what I'm doing wrong. Also have a ton of trouble making the big sword's hold-back charge attack happen when I want it to.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

I said come in! posted:

I'll pre-order once digital can preload.

Digital preorders can preload on both PS4 and Xbone.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
I am cutting back on my digital purchases (especially pre-orders) of new games after No Man's Sky. I usually will buy physical for the 20% off from Amazon and the ability to sell the game. However, some games that I know I will play for a long time and don't want to swap discs for, I go digital. For example, Gran Turismo and the like.

I always go physical on Final Fantasy games though since they are one of the few series I like having on a shelf.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDa8venns9E

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
I haven't bought a physical copy of any PS4 games at all. I figured that the game gets installed to your HDD regardless of format so I may as well cut out the need to swap discs. I'm also really bad about selling games, even ones I don't intend to play anymore. A few years ago I laid out all my old games and systems with the intent to sell them rather than dragging those boxes with me everywhere and, two moves later, I still haven't attempted to sell any. Gotta get those up on SA Mart soon. :v:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

so...xbone bad?I'm probably not getting a 4k tv or pro anytime soon but I'm pretty happy with the way the ps4 version looks

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Xbone is the PS2 of the generation in terms of power. It will always be the worst version of a cross platform game.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

The XB1 version looks the worst in the zoomed in shots. The Pro definitely has better AA and more assets/details on screen (shrubs in the desert, etc.). My big question is frame rate. Do the PS4 and XB1 run it solid at 30fps? Or if they have drops, does the Pro run it at a solid 30fps in 1080p mode?

If the PS4 runs it at 30fps with minor drops in the 25fps range, I can put up with that. But if we are going to see slow down in the 15fps range in some battles with numerous enemies or the like... I may to ask for some Amazon gift cards for xmas to upgrade to the Pro.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sometimes I forget the Xbone is actually out because I feel like the only place I've ever heard talk of it was on these forums.

Apparently you've been able to buy one for 3 years.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Sometimes I forget the Xbone is actually out because I feel like the only place I've ever heard talk of it was on these forums.

Apparently you've been able to buy one for 3 years.

Its not that bad... makes a great Blu Ray/DVD player to keep the wear and tear off my PS4. Thanks to my XB1, I don't have to keep swapping DQ Builders for Frozen.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

The bone version looks a little blurrier but is totally serviceable. The framerate is where things are really going to matter though.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ya I basically upgraded to a pro to get those extra 8 frames on this game lol

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
This is coming out for PC eventually right?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

maybs

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Holyshoot posted:

This is coming out for PC eventually right?

They are still considering it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Probably eventually but not for like, a year minimum according to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm buying a PS4 bundle on BF so hopefully I'll save up enough money for the Amazon pre-order too. I haven't watched much of the demo other than the ending trailer but it looks cool. I went with physical since I figured I might want to sell my games someday.

• Locked thread