Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

tastychicken posted:

... now it's deleted!

Still going...

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/355007/we-didnt-fund-a-company-we-funded-a-game-remember-the-pledge/p23

e: catte taxxe

Mr Fronts fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Nov 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AP posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5csytn/inn_lets_clear_some_things_up/d9zox4p/

Guys stop talking about all this now.

Lets pretend it's a conversation we never had.

That post was getting bad, smoldering into an actual fire. The sub-thread with Jake defending himself was going critical. He got caught in a lie about where the house money came from (claimed both his own pocket and the patreon), Silent Ruin was losing his poo poo making ridiculous arguments, and even our old friend Bronson was starting to get into it and calling people out.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

It's been hidden from non-subscribers. For me it just shows up like a thread that doesn't exist.

Edit: Er, wait, the other thread, let me find it.

This just links me to a content-less page with the RSI background, header, and footer, like a deleted thread would. Maybe they just deleted that specific post?

XK fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 14, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

This just links me to a content-less page with the RSI background, header, and footer, like a deleted thread would.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/355007/we-didnt-fund-a-company-we-funded-a-game-remember-the-pledge/p1

Just a bad link due to them probably deleting the post.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Things had gotten so crazy in the INN thread that you could post an obviously inflammatory bait post and end up getting upvoted for it. I don't know what's happening anymore. But I am unironically excited about a kickin rad space western with Chris Foss visuals. I'm waffling between hoping it comes out and is perfect, thereby helping to destroy the "big publishers ruin everything" narrative (could you imagine how the Citizenry would react to a perfect space game put out by loving Ubisoft of all people?) and hoping Star Citizen fails, then reddit hitches their wagons to the Ubi project, and it turns out to be like a mobile game or something.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I ended up figuring that out. It would be nicer if it failed over to the nearest post, oh well.

Everybody, don't forget:

Today is Fuzzy Modem day!

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
On the EVE fan bitter vet forum I occasionally visit the SC threads have died down completely, again. After Gamescom and then CitizensConned there was a lot of buzz and talking points about the amazing "tech" and how Derek was proven wrong AGAIN. And since then it's just the one ultra-shitizen posting funding milestones, as if having collected 130 million USD or having x million fake backers was in any way compensating for CIG's continued incompetence.

They never talk about CIG or affiliate shills loving up though :v:

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Page 23 of that thread is awsome !! These are Tier one Autists losing their poo poo

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

XK posted:

I ended up figuring that out. It would be nicer if it failed over to the nearest post, oh well.

Everybody, don't forget:

Today is Fuzzy Modem day!

:toot:

Almost forgot about that hehe :D Lets hope the results of his "appointment" make their way to the internet swiftly :)

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Oh this is cool. Only three posts from "more accountability please" to "you special snowflake :argh:".

I really hope this Deloria person requests a refund for those $6000, they're asking the right questions and have the right attitude, it should only be a small step to realize CIG doesn't care about backers or The Pledge.

orcane fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 14, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
The thing I like most about Star Citizen from Batgirl, Twerk17, Wtfosaurus, INN1, INN2, the r/dereksmart mods being traders on the grey market etc, is that everyone is making money from Citizens. From patreon accounts, to stream tips, to fund raising for a British Citizen Con, raising money to visit Citizen Con, hiring houses (INN & Test), buying better camera equipment. Competitions for worthless ships that will never be in a game. etc

Everyone is making money from stupid Citizens, everyone who tells you this game is great is on the take in one form or another.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

tastychicken posted:

... now it's deleted!

nvm

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

EightAce posted:

Page 23 of that thread is awsome !! These are Tier one Autists losing their poo poo

Yes,

This post quoted there is a very good account of the last couple of months, by a loving High Admiral:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7235783/#Comment_7235783

An excerpt:

"We were all on a high before CitizenCon weren’t we?

GamesCom had just happened and the showing of the Delmar landing, Miles Eckhart as a glimpse on future quest givers, the way the mission evolved throughout the presentation was stunning and suggested the PU was much further along than we thought and CRs “if you thought that was good – wait for CitizenCon” pumped up the hype even more. I upgraded my Sen to a Terrapin because of it..."

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Can't wait :allears:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
oh glorious thread

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Why do they even care? It's not latency loving everything up, it's the netcode, this wouldn't make a difference.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

There is no plan.

Chris is the purveyor of knee jerk reactions and a lack of long term intensity.

The CryEngine guys are probably trying to figure out how to get the local physics grid thing working reliably still. Possibly looking at how to rebuild the whole net code from ground up to support more players. Doubtful they are looking at MMO levels yet, just bigger arenas for now.

The non engine programmers are probably stuck trying to figure out how to get some new ships and player character assets into the game (likely also including the female model).

There's probably one, maybe two guys, trying to build out new mechanics, but he's screwed because the engine isn't stable and objects are so unlinked between each other he's lucky to get them to even remotely interact with each other in anything meaningful. Basic weapon damage probably barely even works between assets.

There is probably a couple guys working on AI, but in their own totally disjointed sandbox that they hope to eventually plug into the rest of the game like lego bricks. Because this is how Chris believes programming works.

These are the smallest teams I bet too, because this is Roberts land where art and animation reign supreme. Gameplay just kind of magically forms.

The artists are probably going nuts, but at least have the most "direction". This is the place Chris gets involved the most, so they get to deal with his stupidity pretty regularly.

Chris is out of his depth in the programming world, and his assistance there amount ms to him waving his hands and yelling "Why isn't this working yet??!!"

He's probably got a ton of people building set pieces, new characters with ridiculous fidelity more suited to CGI animation than a real time game, and a ton of people trying to untangle the cluster of motion capture animation into something serviceable. Also clothing.

They're making strides though, hence why they showcase "janitor guy" and "martial arts hangar guy". They're putting it all together too, in their own sandbox version of the game (probably the CryEngine editor).

Then you have another group of design guys, frantically photoshopping together the next concept piece or building or set.

And there's about 300 people, all working basically independently of each other, hoping that somewhere some middle manager guy is actually keeping track of how all this stuff is going come together.

Unfortunately, the middle manager guy probably left over a year ago, and the people with the skills and knowledge to direct everybody so these branches can eventually merge together probably drank themselves into a coma two years ago and left because this is not how you do this kind of thing.

Chris had an opportunity to learn this valuable and expensive lesson with Illfonic. But then, Chris has a longer history of not learning anything at all from his mistakes.

While your formatting is a little odd, I thought it was a nice post overall

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

MedicineHut posted:

Yes,

This post quoted there is a very good account of the last couple of months, by a loving High Admiral:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7235783/#Comment_7235783

An excerpt:

"We were all on a high before CitizenCon weren’t we?

GamesCom had just happened and the showing of the Delmar landing, Miles Eckhart as a glimpse on future quest givers, the way the mission evolved throughout the presentation was stunning and suggested the PU was much further along than we thought and CRs “if you thought that was good – wait for CitizenCon” pumped up the hype even more. I upgraded my Sen to a Terrapin because of it..."

Deloria is making some very good posts in that thread too, another High Admiral:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7235702/#Comment_7235702

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It's probably 300 people making the next "demo" for next years gamescom.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Can't really expect a classy and handsome high roller like Dr. Smart to enjoy peasant food.

it's unironically likely that Derek actually eats the food that Moma likes to type about eating so much

makes you think

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010
longtime lurker here

If SC hadn't already begun production until after the kickstarter, why does the hype video explicitly state "Actual game assets rendered in real time in engine" ? what engine was that? who produced that work?

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Look! A Horse! posted:

longtime lurker here

If SC hadn't already begun production until after the kickstarter, why does the hype video explicitly state "Actual game assets rendered in real time in engine" ? what engine was that? who produced that work?

Hi DEREK.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Look! A Horse! posted:

longtime lurker here

Please don't spread FUD development doesn't even start until 2017 that was always the plan

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Look! A Horse! posted:

longtime lurker here

My money's on Skrim mod with SweetFX. If only we looked closer.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Look! A Horse! posted:

longtime lurker here

There are people now saying that development didn't start until 6 months after they were playing Arena Commander.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Megabound posted:

My money's on Skrim mod with SweetFX. If only we looked closer.

Impossible, only for the fact that there are no female models in Star Citizen, which is the core feature of all Bethesda games

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Like, have you ever looked at what face and body mods are available at nexus and loverslab :barf:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Look! A Horse! posted:

longtime lurker here

They threw all of that away so it doesn't count

It's why the 'broken mocap and Star Marine' period of January-October 2015 doesn't count either

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Gradis posted:

i like haddock on my pizza. pineapple can gently caress off. i called my parent they still love me.

They lied

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It's why the 'broken mocap and Star Marine' period of January-October 2015 doesn't count either

And, obviously,

Pre-production doesn't count as production.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

trucutru posted:

Do something funny with "Sandi Claws", I got nothing.
Sandi's claws are conning the brown (sea)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Woo hoo, one of my replacement GPUs has come (I gave the other away like the fool that I am)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Hang on, Derek doesn't like pizza?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
All this bother over Derek not liking pizza makes me think you people want a leader who agrees with everything you say. And if that's the case, I've got just the game for you...

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

They say we should forget the Morrow Tour but I often find myself wondering what the Gillian Anderson and Mark Hamill models would look like in the engine that brought us this.

Why don't you show us, Chris? All the capture is done, right? Show us something of what you captured with your magical eye.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

This thread is wonderful. Many melt under our eyes, for a discount on a ship's image sold hundred of $. Then they connect that, with the no gameplay in the alpha, the forever more broken state of said alpha, the cash grab mechanics of selling image of ships for a game that don't exist, and don't take the way to exist. When will the first post that maybe Dr. Smart is right ?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

Hang on, Derek doesn't like pizza?
Stop spreading FUD. Why don't you go back to :reddit: with that poo poo?

Sunswipe posted:

All this bother over Derek not liking pizza makes me think you people want a leader who agrees with everything you say. And if that's the case, I've got just the game for you...
At least Derek wouldn't spit on our pizza before handing out the slices. :colbert:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:same:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

At least Derek wouldn't spit on our pizza before handing out the slices. :colbert:
It's not like spitting on pizza could make it worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

You have no idea how close you are .

Did Chris want to personally "improve" the gameplay video and ended up deleting most of the work at the last minute?
I'm guessing either that or they put it on a single computer and then did not bring that computer along

• Locked thread