Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

iospace posted:

https://twitter.com/kelseymsutton/status/798174523585691648
It will be competing with Wonkette in terms of snark, methinks.

between the fact he got nevada right and vegas' main newspaper is owned by an ardent trump supporter why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
2019: US Economy is 48% Trump rallies

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Louisgod posted:

you're high as poo poo if you don't foresee Trump deferring all the tough decisions to his racist, evil staff while he tries to vacation as much as humanely possible. I hope all the drab meetings, photoshoots, extremely tough decisions and science fairs drain him of all energy so he immediately realizes how incredibly unrewarding and lovely this job is.

Yeah exactly. I can see him getting pissy and fighting them on some stuff, but he knows absolutely squat about the inner workings of the office and will likely have a tough time even figuring out how to loving do that

All hail King Orange Baby Trump

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

If Obama is gonna stick around, I hope he calls himself a "presidential consultant" and bills the Trump administration $3,000 an hour plus incidentals and travel expenses.

Would be loving amazing if the compromise for Trump not knowing what the gently caress is a faint glimmer of understanding that the dude on the way out actually does, and better than any of his own cadre - so he gets kept on as an official attache and Trump just rules remotely from his Howard Hughes-esque bubble atop Trump Tower via mouthpiece Obama for the next four years.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Hot take: Broad City is cool and good, I just didn't realize HFA was so incompetent that their entire campaign strategy was running up the score in that one demo.

If you actually watch the show you realize most of the jokes are predicated on the two main characters being self absorbed and smug young liberals.

Although I'm willing to concede that it's likely someone along the way said "It wish politics could be like a Broad City episode" and whelp there went another monkey paw.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Ragequit posted:

Is there audio of this yet? Absolutely amazing.

It was on 60 Minutes last night. Here's the text of it:

Lesley Stahl: Now, for months, you were running around saying that the system is rigged, the whole thing was rigged. You tweeted once that the Electoral College is a disaster for democracy.

Donald Trump: I do.

Lesley Stahl: So do you still think it’s rigged?

Donald Trump: Well, I think the electoral ca-- look, I won with the Electoral College.

Lesley Stahl: Exactly.But do you think--

Donald Trump: You know, it’s--

Lesley Stahl: --it’s rigged?

Donald Trump: Yeah, some of the election locations are. Some of the system is. I hated--

Lesley Stahl: Even though you won you’re saying that--

Donald Trump: I hated-- well, you know, I’m not going to change my mind just because I won. But I would rather see it where you went with simple votes. You know, you get 100 million votes and somebody else gets 90 million votes and you win. There’s a reason for doing this because it brings all the states into play. Electoral College and there’s something very good about that. But this is a different system. But I respect it. I do respect the system.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Typo posted:

how do you get to 270 EV worth of states to ratify it?

I'd post a map but I'd probably just embarrass myself.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
There are going to be so many scandals originating from his appointees and he's not going to know a loving thing about them. "I disagree with Pence on this one" x100

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

mrmcd posted:

If you actually watch the show you realize most of the jokes are predicated on the two main characters being self absorbed and smug young liberals.

D&D: the series

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

logikv9 posted:

There are going to be so many scandals originating from his appointees and he's not going to know a loving thing about them. "I disagree with Pence on this one" x100

at least grant had the excuse of being naively unable to comprehend the existence of scoundrels and cheats

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i like grant

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

mormonpartyboat posted:

at least grant had the excuse of being drunkenly unable to comprehend the existence of scoundrels and cheats

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

I know exactly what he means

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Lord of Pie posted:

D&D: the series

My parent's friend who is a retired Navy officer and NeverTrump Republican loves BC because "it's hilarious just what losers those girls are."

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/AmandaBecker/status/798022962381107200

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdfNWITXGfQ

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

TayIor Swift posted:

It sucks that after Hillary lost the election all of the men in cspam decided that it was time to reveal themselves as milquetoast liberal misogynists =/

yeah

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

TayIor Swift posted:

It sucks that after Hillary lost the election all of the men in cspam decided that it was time to reveal themselves as milquetoast liberal misogynists =/

Pfft you don't need men, honey.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...n-to-old-canada

Kind of wish people threatening to move to Canada would read this. And the comments section. We are also tainted.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I'm not ruling out the idea that Trump simple just doesn't know he lost the popular vote.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

if Bannon really does get purged out I will breathe a little easier

plus seriously, the rohm-putsch parallels write themselves

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

"Can I just not be president? We had a laugh but I don't want it. Thanks."

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

Isn't the National Popular Vote Interstate Interstate Compact just a codified arrangement by which Electors will deliberately go faithless when necessary?

If feasible then, why not feasible now? Is it because the feasibility of the Compact is still up in the air too?

The npvic is dumb. States would much rather have their votes go to who their populations represent and lose than contribute to a national decision.

Also, it's pretty blatantly a power grab by cities that any underpopulated state would be right to resist.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

TayIor Swift posted:

Next-Gen
Sep 22, 2004

Ted Nugent is the next generation in Joint Combat soldiers

obama staying around to babywalk him into being president could have really funny side effects

just talking with him once got trump to publicly say that he likes most of the aca he may also end up taking on a lot of his WH staff just because he has no idea who to hire

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Great wrestler

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I also just kinda realized that the theory that trump will gently caress off and disappear for four years and leave everything to his cronies is flawed because the guy is incapable of not occupying a spotlight.

He's going to be on every talk show and respond to every media inquiry for 4 years - the upside of which is that maybe someone will tell him something that his cadre won't?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
The talk of trump being paralyzed by in fighting and too dumb to make a decision is dangerously uninformed. He is setting this up like he is the CEO of America, Inc. which is no surprise but should be terrifying to anyone that watched the apprentice or has generally worked for a poo poo company.

World leaders are going to be streaming his awful show for insight into how he is going to make decisions and we are all going to pay for it. Those championing the notion that we need a CEO at the helm of our republic need to be deprogrammed.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Maybe he will take us if Cruzdad really killed JFK?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

El Mero Mero posted:

The npvic is dumb. States would much rather have their votes go to who their populations represent and lose than contribute to a national decision.

Also, it's pretty blatantly a power grab by cities that any underpopulated state would be right to resist.

Isn't the whole "The Electoral College was designed to protect rural areas from domination by urban areas" a post facto justification, given that the framers of the Constitution couldn't have known that an urban and rural divide would exist at the time?

It's my understanding that the EC was supposed to combine with the Three-Fifths Compromise to prevent/protect against a Northerner President that might speed up the process of Abolition.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

skylined! posted:

The talk of trump being paralyzed by in fighting and too dumb to make a decision is dangerously uninformed. He is setting this up like he is the CEO of America, Inc. which is no surprise but should be terrifying to anyone that watched the apprentice or has generally worked for a poo poo company.

The most totalitarian of regimes and corporations are precisely those which are the most prone to and most paralyzed by infighitng among the leader's inner circle

See Nazi Germany

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Pillowpants posted:

Maybe he will take us if Cruzdad really killed JFK?

steve bannon will release the files and let us all know what the deal is with airplane food

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The president can address the nation from every network whenever he wants, right? Or can the networks say no?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Typo posted:

The most totalitarian of regimes and corporations are precisely those which are the most prone to and most paralyzed by infighitng among the leader's inner circle

See Nazi Germany

I'd describe nazi Germany as anything but paralyzed. Horribly dysfunctional but uh stuff happened.

Nominating first word to describe the outcome of this administration: economicaust.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

gradenko_2000 posted:

Isn't the whole "The Electoral College was designed to protect rural areas from domination by urban areas" a post facto justification, given that the framers of the Constitution couldn't have known that an urban and rural divide would exist at the time?

It's my understanding that the EC was supposed to combine with the Three-Fifths Compromise to prevent/protect against a Northerner President that might speed up the process of Abolition.

Yep, and it really didn't come about until states started nearly universally adopting the winner take all method, it used to be states didn't do winner take all, but had goofy rules per state.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

blue squares posted:

The president can address the nation from every network whenever he wants, right? Or can the networks say no?

I think it's at their discretion.

"My fellow Americans, you need to know that we just launched the best nuke. Just the best. It was beautiful, beautiful. I am so proud of the job we've done".

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Louisgod posted:

I think it's at their discretion.

"My fellow Americans, you need to know that we just launched the best nuke. Just the best. It was beautiful, beautiful. I am so proud of the job we've done".

"We nuked Raqqa and the losers and haters who lived in it bigly."

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

rip in pizzaz john oliver

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i dont loving believe it

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I realize it is purely anecdotal, but as a rural white guy who voted Bernie, then Clinton, part of my argument for her weakness as a candidate was that republicans poisoned the well on her 20 years ago.

In my area, her opposition wasn't based on policy and email/corruption was mostly an afterthought. They established they vehemently disliked Clinton before they had even become politically active. The Texan Ag official wasn't the only one dropping the C word, let me tell you.

The lesson from the primary should have been that there was a viable candidate that didn't have the kind of baggage Clinton did, appealed to independents and energized young voters. Regardless of her capabilities as a politician, she and her staff snuffed out the very thing they needed most in the election.

If nothing else, the next primaries need to be open to independents in every state and special weight needs to be given to the candidate who performs best in swing states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Can you imagine what would actually happen if a major faithless elector incident actually reversed the election results? No one would accept the legitimacy of the results (though it'd be kind of funny watching Trump argue that he should be president in spite of having won neither the electoral college vote nor the popular vote).

Like, the part of me that likes train wrecks would love to see this happen, but the part of me that likes a vaguely functioning democracy...well, all right, that part of me won't be satisfied no matter what.

Not that it will happen anyway.

• Locked thread