Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014
I wonder what % of liberals who donated to that burned GOP office are now wearing safety pins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

FactsAreUseless posted:

Dammit! Why aren't we being rewarded for empty gestures? Someone used an angry tone of voice with me. Reverse racism! SJWs!

if branco's reading this thread we'll all know who to blame for that cartoon

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

You know, instead of wearing a safety pin, you could also just wear something that says "Black Lives Matter" or "gently caress Off, Nazis", or something like that. Less likely to get co-opted, for one. But it's all talk unless you walk the walk, too.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

"Et tu Huma?"

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Every whitey has his day. :smith:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

As someone who has long used safety pins to hold together my frayed, proletarian outfits, I'm deeply annoyed by all this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wistful of Dollars posted:

As someone who has long used safety pins to hold together my frayed, proletarian outfits, I'm deeply annoyed by all this.
You know who are really mad? Goth kids from the 90s.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Fulchrum posted:

Bush aged horribly too.

Yeah but Bush had to deal with being called racist once on national television!

Bush posted:

But the suggestion that I was racist because of the response to Katrina represented an all-time low.....it was one of the most disgusting moments of my presidency
He called me a racist. And I didn't appreciate it then. I don't appreciate it now. It's one thing to say, 'I don't appreciate the way he's handled his business.' It's another thing to say, 'This man's a racist.' I resent it, it's not true.Yeah. I still feel that way as you read those words. I felt 'em when I heard 'em, felt 'em when I wrote 'em, and I felt 'em when I'm listening to 'em.

Trump posted:

THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS RACISM ANYMORE. WE’VE HAD A BLACK PRESIDENT SO IT’S NOT A QUESTION ANYMORE. ARE THEY SAYING BLACK LIVES SHOULD MATTER MORE THAN WHITE LIVES OR ASIAN LIVES? IF BLACK LIVES MATTER, THEN GO BACK TO AFRICA? WE’LL SEE HOW MUCH THEY MATTER THERE.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

spacetoaster posted:

It's either some dumb thing about solidarity between one group or another.

What the gently caress is "loxism"?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Lox is a kind of smoked salmon eaten on bagels.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cat Mattress posted:

Probably something about the Jewish Media or something (Jews like lox, can confirm)

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

It means 'Jewishness'.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Cat Mattress posted:

a made up word that leads to a rabbit hole of bullshit

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

crowoutofcontext posted:

Yeah but Bush had to deal with being called racist once on national television!

Trump posted:

THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS RACISM ANYMORE. WE’VE HAD A BLACK PRESIDENT SO IT’S NOT A QUESTION ANYMORE. ARE THEY SAYING BLACK LIVES SHOULD MATTER MORE THAN WHITE LIVES OR ASIAN LIVES? IF BLACK LIVES MATTER, THEN GO BACK TO AFRICA? WE’LL SEE HOW MUCH THEY MATTER THERE.

Anyone want to take bets on when Trump will actually say this? It's coming, we all know it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Urban dictionary posted:

LOXISM -- Noun. Pronounced (lok' sizm).

(1) The belief that Jews are superior in human character or ability to non-Jews.

(2) Discrimination, prejudice, and hate expressed by Jews against non-Jews.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lox is a kind of smoked salmon eaten on bagels.

Is that a real word, or are you perhaps referring to laks?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Yes. What are you even talking about? Lox is a bagel topping. It's called lox.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

In American English use it's real.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I think I'll take the Urban Dictionary definitions over some dumb ol' meanings used by real people.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Internet Webguy posted:

Every whitey has his day. :smith:
Darkest Timeline

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I think I'll take the Urban Dictionary definitions over some dumb ol' meanings used by real people.

The two are entirely consistent with each other. Lox is a type of fish associated with Jewish people, and racists are loving idiots who don't get -ism so they just slammed the suffix on a word associated with people they hate.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Of course Gary mccoy's trump isn't a hellbeast

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Why is Severus Snape mad at her?

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

You know who are really mad? Goth kids from the 90s.

When I wore a safety pin in my ear ca. 1988, I was already copying punk rockers from the 70s. I stopped when I realized how lame it was to ostensibly wear a fashion accessoire from the youth of a previous generation. (I kept the eyeliner for a few more years, though, because I wanted to look like the kid from Quadrophenia).

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ibogaine posted:

When I wore a safety pin in my ear ca. 1988, I was already copying punk rockers from the 70s. I stopped when I realized how lame it was to ostensibly wear a fashion accessoire from the youth of a previous generation. (I kept the eyeliner for a few more years, though, because I wanted to look like the kid from Quadrophenia).
Why? I still have my switchblade and greaser pompadour.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

Let's form a doo-wop band and hang around street corners! I'm sure we will be a hit with the ladies!

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

"mapquest" - an 8 year old

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

FactsAreUseless posted:

those never go out of style though

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

Waiting
Labels: America, anarchists, Election, Obama, President, Riots, trump

quote:

As you know, our Dry Bones cartoons fight against antisemitism and BDS. We distribute these Dry Bones cartoons through many channels, at no charge to our readers, but our operation costs us an annual $100,000. So how can we find this annual $100,000? We then thought of “the 36”. The Lamed Vavnikim. Let me explain. Medieval Jewish mystics wrestled with a baffling question; “Given the wickedness of humanity and the cruelty of the world, why doesn’t an angry Creator simply destroy his creation?” Pouring over both Biblical and “hidden” texts they deduced that in every generation there are 36 people, hidden from view, whose righteousness prevents the divine destruction of our world. In the Hebrew numerological system, the two Hebrew letters Lamed and Vav, written as a word, represents the number 36. And so the hidden righteous “thirty-sixers” who save the world are called the Lamed Vavnikim.
So how will we raise our annual budget of $100,000?
The answer is simple. But the search is difficult. We need to find our Thirty Sixers. . . . our “Lamed Vavnikim”. Thirty Six righteous people who would each give us $3,000 a year to help turn this often wicked world into “a better place” (Tikun Olam).

If you can and will become one of our Dry Bones 36 (Lamed Vavnikim) by joining this special group, just click on this Link.

Labels: 36, BDS, Boycott, Israel, Lamed Vavnikim, the 36

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hubris is deadly.
AGC

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

What are the odds that Kirschen will even mention Trump hiring an antisemite

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Goddamnit these assholes keep repeating this not my president poo poo ad nauseum as if they all didn't just spend the last 8 years doing the same loving thing.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

a weed godzilla?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Farking Bastage posted:

Goddamnit these assholes keep repeating this not my president poo poo ad nauseum as if they all didn't just spend the last 8 years doing the same loving thing.

well yeah to them it's a "our turn!!" kind of thing without any understanding of the difference between the two. to them, the people protesting trump now are just as detached from reality as we think people who call obama a kenyan muslim usurper are

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Farking Bastage posted:

Boy have I got a cartoon for you

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
get hosed kirschen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
no one hates kirschen more than i do but there's still something funny about watching a wrinkled old bastard gladly spending what little life he has left acting as a wing of the israeli propganda machine.

• Locked thread