Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Subban's not very good so I don't think he's anywhere near the top of Vegas' list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Subban's not very good so I don't think he's anywhere near the top of Vegas' list.

They'll go for a younger goalie and the most reliable older goalie they can find.
So someone like a Subban and someone like a MAF.

I don't think Boston is going to protect Subban, and he might be the best young goalie available unless they want to roll the dice and see what's coming out of the NCAA.

There's a decent chance they end up with a Condon.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I spend about a month of every year in Vegas and I still haven't met a single person that gives a poo poo about this team. I mean I'm stoked as hell and will be there for the franchise opener but it really is strange.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

you should have gone to the event where they threw a ducks jersey under a zamboni and signed a banner sponsored by t mobile to be presented to the creator

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i dont know who the rangers will expose. i dont have anything good to say about this at all but i posted in the wrong thread so now i am editing my post to have something to do with this thread. thanks for listening

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Schlesische posted:

They'll go for a younger goalie and the most reliable older goalie they can find.
So someone like a Subban and someone like a MAF.

I don't think Boston is going to protect Subban, and he might be the best young goalie available unless they want to roll the dice and see what's coming out of the NCAA.

There's a decent chance they end up with a Condon.

Yeah they'll definitely take someone like Subban. But better, because there are several.

Like Providence's other goalie.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Paulocaust posted:

I spend about a month of every year in Vegas and I still haven't met a single person that gives a poo poo about this team. I mean I'm stoked as hell and will be there for the franchise opener but it really is strange.

My coworkers, my boss, and I were all very excited to pick out our seats together a few days ago for our season tickets.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

pizza valentine posted:

My coworkers, my boss, and I were all very excited to pick out our seats together a few days ago for our season tickets.

Well I spend most of my time at poker tables so maybe the degenerate scum I mingle with aren't predisposed to being hockey fans

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah they'll definitely take someone like Subban. But better, because there are several.

Like Providence's other goalie.

McIntyre is exempt.

Some eligible young G options would be:

Laurent Brossoit
Anton Forsberg
Korpisalo
Stolarz

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh it's more than two years. I thought it was just two.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Paulocaust posted:

Well I spend most of my time at poker tables so maybe the degenerate scum I mingle with aren't predisposed to being hockey fans

Haha maybe. It's still a weird situation I guess. We have lots of transplants so I imagine when the more popular teams roll into town the arena will be packed. Otherwise we'll probably have middling attendance until the team is good. A quick search says Vegas has half the population the average NHL city has so who knows.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Grubauer seems like an almost certain pick. He's the right age for a building franchise, he has NHL experience and been very good in his backup role. 44 games of experience isn't a lot, but for a building franchise, he's in the sweet spot between the unproven goalies (Subban) and the age 30+ goalies. He'll likely end up in tandem with one of those veterans, but given the GM's familiarity with him, and the Caps ability to protect all of their other worthwhile assets, he's very likely to be picked.

a false posted:

i dont know who the rangers will expose. i dont have anything good to say about this at all but i posted in the wrong thread so now i am editing my post to have something to do with this thread. thanks for listening

F: Pirri, Lindberg, Grabner, either Fast or Nash
D: Holden, McIlrath
G: Raanta

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

incredible bear posted:

Vegas will have 30 players from the expansion draft alone, another 7 from the 2017 draft plus any UFAs they pick up, it really doesn't matter who they take from the likes of the Canucks and CBJ, I doubt very much they'll make the 23-man roster out of camp.

I don't give a gently caress what the vegas team looks like after selecting from the nucks roster, but rather what the nucks roster looks like following it

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
So time's running out on "early November" which was the last estimate for a name for the Tentative Knights.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

So time's running out on "early November" which was the last estimate for a name for the Tentative Knights.

They're supposed to be holding an event on 11/18 outside the arena so it'll probably be then.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
MAF has a NMC through the 2019 season.

Unless he agrees to go to Las Vegas, he isn't going.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I'm excited for this team, they can't be any worse than Columbus.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Boomer The Cannon posted:

I'm excited for this team, they can't be any worse than Columbus.

their first year team was led in scoring by Geoffrey Sanderson, Espen Knutsen, and Steve Heinze. I think Vegas will do better than that. I really hope.

e: so Dustin Brown looks like the best Heinze equivalent, Rick Nash is definitely the Geoff Sanderson tier sniper, and Espen Knutsen has to be Tyler Bozak. I take the BJs for sure

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 6, 2016

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Zodijackylite posted:

F: Pirri, Lindberg, Grabner, either Fast or Nash
D: Holden, McIlrath
G: Raanta

ok well that's not too bad

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/795761056270336004

I wonder how long they can keep pushing it back

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
100% chance the name gets pushed back again.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Since it's two days before Thanksgiving, I predict it will be the Turkey Knights.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Colors will be transparent and black.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Las Vegas Super Mutants

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

sin bin guy says no jerseys, so lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I've got you all covered, the jerseys have apparently leaked.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I've got you all covered, the jerseys have apparently leaked.

would

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Maybe they're caught up in a negotiation to obtain the rights to the Golden Seals name and colour scheme.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

quote:

Jerseys probably won’t happen until the Expansion Draft. We have to be very careful regarding counterfeiting until we actually have product. The counterfeiters can actually produce product faster than we can. -The Creator

Has the Creator considered that given a logo, a color scheme, a name, and 7 months of no official jerseys, counterfeits that look nice might be made up anyway? Christmas is a prime time for jerseys.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The only reason they won't have jerseys is that the jerseys have not been designed.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

AsInHowe posted:

The only reason they won't have jerseys is that the jerseys have not been designed.

Yes, but I'm saying someone will probably make up ones that look decent to sell in the meantime, even if they're not the official design. Every team has a shitton of alternates nowadays anyhow. Logo, color scheme, and name is all a counterfeiter needs.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I for one am shocked to learn that most of an expansion teams revenue comes from jersey sales.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm starting to think the Las Vegas Fightin' Creators is a Ponzi scheme

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Hand Knit posted:

Maybe they're caught up in a negotiation to obtain the rights to the Golden Seals name and colour scheme.

Hey, if the Sharks aren't going to do those throwbacks, someone needs to bring back the Athletics colors to hockey.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/798203375540023296

:toot: :siren: :toot:

AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS, WE FINALLY MAYBE GET AN ANSWER

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Las Vegas Crap Knights

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
T-5 days until the release date is pushed back

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

"After countless hours of online market research and surveys, we are thrilled to finally have arrived at a franchise name and to have selected a name with such overwhelming fan support. Introducing... The Las Vegas Hockey McHockeyfaces!!!!"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Las Vegas [TBD]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

The Las Vegas Is Hockey

• Locked thread