Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Just don't die :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

kingcobweb posted:

It's the mastery.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The new mastery is loving broken right now so take advantage of it before people are like "wow remember how broken that mastery was on 6.22"

It's that-patch-when-everyone-used-thunderlords levels of good.

edit: then again it's preseason, so just take it as an opportunity to practice stuff you want to play next season, whatever. It's nice having something that feels halfway between normals and actual ranked.

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Nov 14, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Ivern got the bugfixes he desperately needed to have daisy actually be useful.

The thing is those fixes happened to coincide with new support items that fit him perfectly and a unforgiving and confusing jungle that he can waltz through and not worry about his health after his first item.

With 1-2 smite charges up he has nunu-tier invade of clearing your jungle the instant you blink.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Am I wrong in my assessment that Rengar is even more broken now than he was before?

I know he is supposed to just delete someone in a blink of an eye, but I was under the impression that didn't include people with 120+ armor and 2.5k health. Not the tankiest tank stats, but more than average. Does lethality work in favor of him more than arpen ever did?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

The new mastery is loving broken right now so take advantage of it before people are like "wow remember how broken that mastery was on 6.22"

It's that-patch-when-everyone-used-thunderlords levels of good.

edit: then again it's preseason, so just take it as an opportunity to practice stuff you want to play next season, whatever. It's nice having something that feels halfway between normals and actual ranked.

It's broken af on Jarvan and Nautilus and basically anyone else with hard CC.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Gangplank is still a massive chore of a champion to play against and I hate every facet of his retarded low committal global power and infinite waveclearing.

Also if anyone wants an easy champion that they can just pick up and play toplane Nasus is the choice for you. The changes to his ult are utterly absurd with all these assassins getting picked like crazy you can just outscale massively by midgame hitting stacks and building armor alone.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

How Rude posted:

Gangplank is still a massive chore of a champion to play against and I hate every facet of his retarded low committal global power and infinite waveclearing.

Also if anyone wants an easy champion that they can just pick up and play toplane Nasus is the choice for you. The changes to his ult are utterly absurd with all these assassins getting picked like crazy you can just outscale massively by midgame hitting stacks and building armor alone.

Nasus is ridiculously good right now. I highly recommend going 0/18/12 on Nasus with Stormraider's, it makes him nearly ungankable and lets you chase down people in the mid and late game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Top Maokai with Colossus who builds an early RoA or Spirit Visage is basically unkillable by the time midgame rolls around.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Vermain posted:

Top Maokai with Colossus who builds an early RoA or Spirit Visage is basically unkillable by the time midgame rolls around.

Can affirm this. I don't play Maokai much but I was 2v1ing or 3v1ing without any difficulty.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Elentor posted:

That he is.

are any other ranged ad's super good in 3s in your experience? i've been playing only quinn but wondering what else is good :)

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lovechop posted:

are any other ranged ad's super good in 3s in your experience? i've been playing only quinn but wondering what else is good :)

Not as good as Graves I'm afraid. Lucian definitely takes the second place. Jhin is good too.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gortarius posted:

Am I wrong in my assessment that Rengar is even more broken now than he was before?

I know he is supposed to just delete someone in a blink of an eye, but I was under the impression that didn't include people with 120+ armor and 2.5k health. Not the tankiest tank stats, but more than average. Does lethality work in favor of him more than arpen ever did?

Yep he's absolutely out of control right now

Fizz, Rengar, Kha'Zix and tanks are all really, really strong right now.

And yeah, Colossus is busted as gently caress.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Teikanmi posted:

Yep he's absolutely out of control right now

Fizz, Rengar, Kha'Zix and tanks are all really, really strong right now.

And yeah, Colossus is busted as gently caress.

I haven't played in any games with Rengar or Fizz but I can confirm that Khazix seems really good.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Twitch is really really good right now too. He can survive the assassins and also his Q change is really, really nice.

Removing pink wards may have been a whoopsie

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

every other strong adc has been cut down at this point between the fervor change and the arpen item changes that twitch is basically just one of the last men standing

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
the fervor change I think indirectly buffed Draven and other champions that scale much harder on flat AD over extra on-hit damage. At full stacks lategame you can get an extra 60 attack damage to put into your ratios. I'm going to keep trying MF with fervor and see if it pays off to get all that extra AD.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
this rush 1v3 as ezreal is actually insanely impressive so im linking it here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKJwxhoMvxM&t=522s

Teikanmi posted:

Removing pink wards may have been a whoopsie

I just don't think Riot understands how to balance vision in this game. Ever since they reworked wards back in season 3 with sightstones and what not they have made some change to how wards work in this game every season, its like they're throwing poo poo at the wall but nothing is sticking. Personally I think they're going to remove wards completely and move back to upgrading your trinket item. Vision is a pretty interesting dichotomy in this game and there isn't really a perfect solution. To compare it to DotA, wards still take up inventory slots (though they're able to combine into one item slot now and you can swap between which type of ward, observor (sight) or sentry (pink) freely) but you can't really do that here because in DotA it's not entirely uncommon for certain supports to have literally brown boots, a basic sustain item and wards in their inventory and nothing else at 20 minutes in. You can't have this in League, if your support doesn't have items and the enemy team's does then you're at a huge deficit. In DotA hard supports (poor rear end ward bitches) are usually the supports that can exist without items but in League your champ's base stats and cc abilities only carry you so far.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

this rush 1v3 as ezreal is actually insanely impressive so im linking it here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKJwxhoMvxM&t=522s

Rush actually made it to #1 on Korean solo queue last night. He's totally legit, although his ADC play's decidedly hit-or-miss compared to his jungling.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
So I just found out I got free tickets to IEM in Oakland. Problem is, I know jack poo poo about League of Legends. Does anyone know of a crash course or something I could watch so I know what's happening?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

I just don't think Riot understands how to balance vision in this game. Ever since they reworked wards back in season 3 with sightstones and what not they have made some change to how wards work in this game every season, its like they're throwing poo poo at the wall but nothing is sticking. Personally I think they're going to remove wards completely and move back to upgrading your trinket item. Vision is a pretty interesting dichotomy in this game and there isn't really a perfect solution. To compare it to DotA, wards still take up inventory slots (though they're able to combine into one item slot now and you can swap between which type of ward, observor (sight) or sentry (pink) freely) but you can't really do that here because in DotA it's not entirely uncommon for certain supports to have literally brown boots, a basic sustain item and wards in their inventory and nothing else at 20 minutes in. You can't have this in League, if your support doesn't have items and the enemy team's does then you're at a huge deficit. In DotA hard supports (poor rear end ward bitches) are usually the supports that can exist without items but in League your champ's base stats and cc abilities only carry you so far.

is this like a joke or did you actually forget WE vs CLG.EU? Riot removed that on purpose it's not like they couldn't have it.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Hiro Protagonist posted:

So I just found out I got free tickets to IEM in Oakland. Problem is, I know jack poo poo about League of Legends. Does anyone know of a crash course or something I could watch so I know what's happening?

your team to cheer for is unicorns of love cause they don't know either. enjoy the games

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Taciturn Tactician posted:

is this like a joke or did you actually forget WE vs CLG.EU? Riot removed that on purpose it's not like they couldn't have it.

Maybe back in season 2 but the meta has evolved to a point where a support without a single full item at 20 minutes is a sign that the end is nigh for your team

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Root for the Unicorns of Love and expect a lot of chants for TSM. They're playing on the live realms so expect a lot of downtime because games are crashing. The Metagame isn't quite defined in the pre-season so it might get extra crazy.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Is Turtle playing for TSM for sure?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sexpansion posted:

Is Turtle playing for TSM for sure?
Yes. He's going to be subbing in for TSM, and afterwards going to Korea to tryout for Dignitas (With Xpecial)

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

Maybe back in season 2 but the meta has evolved to a point where a support without a single full item at 20 minutes is a sign that the end is nigh for your team

It's not some nebulous meta evolution, Riot purposefully remade items, masteries, vision, and support scaling to change it. It was like the whole point of S4's "end game fantasy" thing. They absolute could balance vision by having a ward slave- they consciously chose not to.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Luna Was Here posted:

only because of the 3 ward limit

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Look on YouTube for the world champion finals "new viewer stream." They're really good games and take things pretty basic, in terms of commentary.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I am racist against infinity-scaling champs.

I'm racist against you. If Rito ends up killing Veigar, Nasus, or Sion i'm going to come to your house and combo burst you.

Elentor posted:

Not as good as Graves I'm afraid. Lucian definitely takes the second place. Jhin is good too.

A lot of ADC's do well on TT; so long as they have mobility/long range and a way to survive surprise ganks then you're golden.

Caitlyn is stealth dope on TT, you can trap pretty much every gank path forever.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

I'm racist against you. If Rito ends up killing Veigar, Nasus, or Sion i'm going to come to your house and combo burst you.
Am I missing something about his kit?

e: oh his w gives him perma heath I had no idea

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Kindred, Bard, and Thresh also technically have infinite scaling too, but theres soft cap fuckery to limit their minigames by lategame

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

Kindred, Bard, and Thresh also technically have infinite scaling too, but theres soft cap fuckery to limit their minigames by lategame

Thresh's passive always felt really weird for supp. So squishy at the start of the game but then good scaling on pretty much the best kit of his time. I wonder why he fell off so hard, lantern is forever gonna be an amazing ability and death sentence will always be decent too.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Every time nasus is good a new generation of freaking noobies discovers e max like nobody ever noticed it has a 1.2 ap ratio before.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

Thresh's passive always felt really weird for supp. So squishy at the start of the game but then good scaling on pretty much the best kit of his time. I wonder why he fell off so hard, lantern is forever gonna be an amazing ability and death sentence will always be decent too.

He's still the most played support in the game by a country mile. Professionally, people stopped playing him because a lot of his raw laning power was gradually stripped away and all that he really had left was Lantern (which is really good) and the engage potential of Death Sentence (which, to be frank, Alistar does a thousand times better).

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ArbitraryC posted:

Am I missing something about his kit?

e: oh his w gives him perma heath I had no idea

cause no one has ever cared. If Nasus gets 300 creeps with his Q he's going to erase you, if Sion gets 300 creeps with his Q he gets an extra giant's belt. Plus base health at 18 is pretty poor to compensate for the scaling health, it's in like the bottom 10 or so. If you're going to be all "what if theoretically you were in a game that took six weeks" he technically has the best scaling of any champion because he'd be unkillable and his autos would oneshot with titanic hydra, but in any practical setting it's pretty underwhelming.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 14, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

cause no one has ever cared. If Nasus gets 300 creeps with his Q he's going to erase you, if Sion gets 300 creeps with his Q he gets an extra giant's belt. Plus base health at 18 is pretty poor to compensate for the scaling health, it's in like the bottom 10 or so. If you're going to be all "what if theoretically you were in a game that took six weeks" he technically has the best scaling of any champion because he'd be unkillable and his autos would oneshot with titanic hydra, but in any practical setting it's pretty underwhelming.

It gets better with jungling thanks it cinderheart, and thats what I care about because TT sion jungle is fun :v:

Also IIRC pre-rework it was quite a bit better, to the extent that you rarely if ever saw a beefy item on Sion (outside frozen mallet or rylais) because they'd get beefy regardless.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

It's not some nebulous meta evolution, Riot purposefully remade items, masteries, vision, and support scaling to change it. It was like the whole point of S4's "end game fantasy" thing. They absolute could balance vision by having a ward slave- they consciously chose not to.

it's much more enjoyable to play support now than when green wards were a thing, because spending your whole budget on only vision and not buying cool active items that save your teammates or help the team in other ways sucked hard.

you could also argue that vision control should be a team effort and also limited wards make it so that proper warding is more helpful than carpet bombing the whole loving jungle in vision because your whole budget is only for that

How Rude fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 14, 2016

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

It gets better with jungling thanks it cinderheart, and thats what I care about because TT sion jungle is fun :v:

Also IIRC pre-rework it was quite a bit better, to the extent that you rarely if ever saw a beefy item on Sion (outside frozen mallet or rylais) because they'd get beefy regardless.

speaking of I like to rush fmallet sion in the weekend rotation funhaver game modes, having that slow on your passive makes for some hilarious poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Vermain posted:

He's still the most played support in the game by a country mile. Professionally, people stopped playing him because a lot of his raw laning power was gradually stripped away and all that he really had left was Lantern (which is really good) and the engage potential of Death Sentence (which, to be frank, Alistar does a thousand times better).

Is he? I saw him a bunch in previous seasons but in this last one up to plat it seemed like support power pick was janna (and pre-nerf raka but she usually got banned).

• Locked thread