Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

UPDATE: TCPD officer flies Confederate flag
Chief: Internal investigation underway after Trump protest

TRAVERSE CITY — An off-duty Traverse City police officer wheeled a pickup truck affixed with a Confederate flag outside a local protest against President-elect Donald Trump, cracked open a beer and drew a confrontation from an African American rallygoer.

The flag ruffled an otherwise-peaceful event Friday, when hundreds of locals descended upon the Open Space for the "Love Trumps Hate" rally. Marshall Collins Jr., of Traverse City, raised a fist in the air as the truck circled the event.

Collins, who is black, later confronted the white man who drove the truck, parked it in a restricted zone and sipped a Bud Light while a crowd grew around the vehicle. He said the man denied the flag's history is steeped in racism and division.

"It means a lot to people like me," Collins said. "It means hatred."

A photograph from the incident circulated on social media following the confrontation. Police Chief Jeff O'Brien on Saturday confirmed the man depicted was Officer Michael Peters, a 18-year veteran with the department. He said a sergeant will conduct an internal investigation starting Monday.

"That’s not what the Traverse City Police Department represents," O'Brien said. "We are to provide protection for everybody. The Confederate flag is not something we consider an oath of office. We take an oath of office to the Constitution, not the Confederacy. I personally feel that flag stands for hate and hatred."

Peters couldn't be reached for comment.

http://www.record-eagle.com/news/local_news/tcpd-officer-flies-confederate-flag/article_bd53cf5f-4a73-597a-8fc3-e8f2c4fa0566.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Now this is just stupid. The whole point of protesting is being visible to the public; if you're worried about being identified, wear a mask and some gloves.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MizPiz posted:

Now this is just stupid. The whole point of protesting is being visible to the public; if you're worried about being identified, wear a mask and some gloves.

I know. You want to have that proof so you can get paid.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Make America Great Again: The Trump Presidency

A Pro-Donald Trump presidential simulation. Make America Rich Again through trade. Make America Safe again by Defeating ISIS. Make America Great Again!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

spacetoaster posted:

I know. You want to have that proof so you can get paid.

Shitthatdidn'thappen.txt

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 13, 2016

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
So what have we all learned this week?

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/797740133478973440

gently caress all. We've learned gently caress all this week.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

C.M. Kruger posted:

The CIA lets intel agents moonlight for private/corporate intelligence firms so that they don't quit for the better pay.

The former Teufelsberg NSA listening post in Berlin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x_yL12dJjI

Talk from a dude that worked there

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

That was a rough Q&A there are the end. I found it fascinating that he kept skirting the question "What would happen to you if you actually told us secret information?". I would think "Punishment , up to charges of treason" would have been a good answer, but he didn't want any part of that. Maybe speaking the about the repercussions is one of the secrets?
He tried hard to avoid the Q&A all together ('Why don't they just ask me at the bar?')

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Nov 13, 2016

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

this and the Ai Wei Wei one of Aylan Kurdi are both extremely loving offensive. Straight up co-opting a child's tragedy to make it about themselves. Scum

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

waffles beyond waffles posted:

Shitthatdidn'thappen.txt

I could be a lie. But I got it from this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796995

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Oh poo poo, my bad. Sorry, HotCanadianChick. The internet has made me a skeptic of almost anything I read.

Stay safe, NZ goons.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/797917368189992960

Our new senior Counselor to the president

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Thread is interesting when catching up on a few weeks knowing the outcome.

Have a repost from the 2nd:

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

538 is poo poo

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Holy cow! Some negative stuff came out during a bitterly contested divorce/custody hearing?!? Crazy.

I hope Trump is able to protect his Jewish daughter and son-in-law from that maniac.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacetoaster posted:

Holy cow! Some negative stuff came out during a bitterly contested divorce/custody hearing?!? Crazy.

I hope Trump is able to protect his Jewish daughter and son-in-law from that maniac.

lmao you've got six loving pages worth of posts in this thread and every single one of them is some contrarian "Oh yeah??? Nuh uh!!" bullshit like this one.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Such a weird thing to do.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Such a weird thing to do.

... That's not how acrostics work!!!

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.
Then take your pick of the other 200+ incidents that were publicly reported in just 3 days? They're not hard to find.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/11/11/over-200-incidents-hateful-harassment-and-intimidation-election-day

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

These dead gay forums are my libtard echo chamber. I live under the server room.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

JMBosch posted:

Then take your pick of the other 200+ incidents that were publicly reported in just 3 days? They're not hard to find.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/11/11/over-200-incidents-hateful-harassment-and-intimidation-election-day

in the middle east she would be stoned to death for removing her hijab

but America is the misogynistic country

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Yes, there is nothing misogynistic in demanding that women conform to the mode of dress you dictate or be condemned to the flames.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Misogyny is a fabled beast like the tigger or the tarrasque. Only one can ever exist at a time, and it currently lives in brown people land. You can also say whatever you want about race as long as genocide exists, since there's only one racism as well.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Ein cooler Typ posted:

gently caress yeah bro. Hell yeah.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

This is the picture thread.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

bango skank posted:

lmao you've got six loving pages worth of posts in this thread and every single one of them is some contrarian "Oh yeah??? Nuh uh!!" bullshit like this one.

lmao you actually get so mad you have to go look at someones post history to find a "sick burn". Self-ownage at it's best.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

the very handsome 83 year old president Trump poses in the White House as his third term is coming to an end

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/798182372252401666

https://twitter.com/daniellevalore/status/798207305779126272

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 14, 2016

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Mosul

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

These dead gay forums are my libtard echo chamber. I live under the server room.

That's an incredibly small tank. Either that or Trump is just that yooge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Someone Vandalized A Soviet Star In Russia And Turned It Into Patrick Star

• Locked thread