Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I have just got Command and Control alongside the core set. If I want to play Shapers or Haas-Bioroid anyway, how essential is that second core set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TheParadigm posted:

You can do it, just believe in the heart of the cards and netrun like you have never run before!

I somehow managed to finish in 4th place and come home with an alt art PAD Campaign and a deck box and play mat featuring Run Amok. My corp carried me, basically. RP grindy prison, 3-1 in Swiss and 2-0 after the top 8 cut, while my runner was Smoke and went 2-2 in Swiss and 0-2 after the cut.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

I somehow managed to finish in 4th place and come home with an alt art PAD Campaign and a deck box and play mat featuring Run Amok. My corp carried me, basically. RP grindy prison, 3-1 in Swiss and 2-0 after the top 8 cut, while my runner was Smoke and went 2-2 in Swiss and 0-2 after the cut.
How does Smoke lose? I haven't beaten her yet, Net Mercur is just so degenerate.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

As NBN, land a HHN early and control out the board state. Once smoke is set up she wins, so you beat her by hitting her hard early game.

As HB? Stack sentries as a tax if playing switchblade. Then FA out agendas because she probably doesn't have the influence for clot.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 14, 2016

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

First loss after the cut was to rushy HB. Eli makes Blackstone cry.

Second was to FA CTM running Cyberdex to kill Clot. Double Data Ravens on R&D make Switchblade cry.

So the lesson is, run Refractor/Dagger/Corroder instead.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Congrats on getting 4th! Glad to hear that deck worked out for you, it was really fun to play against while you were tweaking it last-minute.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

it was really fun to play against

You don't have to lie. It's miserable to play against.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I can see how it could be miserable for some, but I thought it was one of the more interesting and interactive decks that I've played against.

I think horizontal mind games, when played certain ways, can be more fun and Netrunnery than your typical fast advance or quick-kill decks that don't offer much in the way of interaction. Playing against your deck was like trying to solve a puzzle while also trying to determine how you would build/lay out that puzzle. It was a weirdly laid back game considering you were trying to kill me slowly.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!
Do you have a link to said grindy RP deck? I'm desperately casting about for Jinteki decks to play which actually work at the moment.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

RP Grindhouse (5-1 SC)

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)
1x Clone Retirement (Second Thoughts)
3x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
3x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny)
2x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (22)
3x Bio-Ethics Association (Democracy and Dogma)
1x Commercial Bankers Group (Democracy and Dogma)
3x Hostile Infrastructure (All That Remains)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
2x Mental Health Clinic (Honor and Profit)
3x Museum of History (Kala Ghoda)
3x Shock! (True Colors)
2x Snare! (Core Set)
3x Sundew (Mala Tempora)

Operation (11)
2x Ark Lockdown (Escalation)
1x Best Defense (Intervention)
2x Enhanced Login Protocol (The Spaces Between)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Neural EMP (Core Set)

Barrier (2)
2x Vanilla (The Liberated Mind)

Code Gate (7)
2x Aiki (Blood Money)
1x DNA Tracker (Escalation)
2x Quandary (Double Time)
2x Yagura (Fear and Loathing)

Sentry (3)
2x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
1x Tsurugi (True Colors)
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Intervention

I don't know whether I should do a writeup and publish it or not. Apparently there's no tag for the new 2017 store champ cycle.

Commercial Bankers Group probably did the least work, so that's two influence and a deck slot up for grabs. I'd probably make it an ICE instead of, say, a third Jackson. Tour Guide, Ichi 1.0, something taxing like that.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

As a Crim player at heart, who will cry tears when Leela rotates out, let me preemptively wish you death and hatred for that RP deck the next time I have to face it.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I wouldn't worry about it. Jinteki's apparently getting a ton of new net damage awesomeness, which means people will tech against it, depowering the grindhouse deck.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
They've spoiled Reaver, Apex's new card. And it's pretty close to being what he needed! Of course, now you need to figure out your MU situation, but hey. Also notable that it triggers when you trash installed Corp stuff.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

More proof that FFG's marketing team knows sweet gently caress all about netrunner: They slotted in reaver as a resource, not a program in their sample deck.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 15, 2016

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

Of course, now you need to figure out your MU situation, but hey.

What else does Apex usually do with their 1 MU from Heartbeat?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

berenzen posted:

More proof that FFG's marketing team knows sweet gently caress all about netrunner: They slotted in reaver as a resource, not a program in their sample deck.

On the one hand, this is a simple mistake that I can easily see myself doing.

On the other hand, I'm laughing a lot right now.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

Gingerbread for bullshit like Resistor that keeps him out.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

Actual breakers that let them get past real ICE.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ive always found it funny apex is a Weyland hard counter

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Hey now, Weyland has Caduceus, and...

Uh....

Wormhole...

Umm...

Bulwark?

Mausolus with 3 advancement?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

The Lord of Hats posted:

They've spoiled Reaver, Apex's new card. And it's pretty close to being what he needed! Of course, now you need to figure out your MU situation, but hey. Also notable that it triggers when you trash installed Corp stuff.
It's presumably meant to be scary but the card art of Apex in his little hooded robe somehow ends up looking oddly cute and adorable

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I've played Apex a bit recently with an Out of the Ashes / Exclusive Party build and he's fun, but it's really obvious he only exists to give Apocalypse some flavor, and you're much better off playing Apocalypse in Shaper or Anarch than trying to make him work. There's so many cards that counter Endless Hunger that I think you're better off with Ddos, Blackmail and similar cards to get your three central accesses.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Advance Ice Wall 11 times :colbert:

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Hannibal Rex posted:

I advanced a Hadrian's to get it out of endless hunger range. It worked, but I had won anyway.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Hannibal Rex posted:

...on both your scoring remote and a central

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Hannibal Rex posted:

I've played Apex a bit recently with an Out of the Ashes / Exclusive Party build and he's fun, but it's really obvious he only exists to give Apocalypse some flavor, and you're much better off playing Apocalypse in Shaper or Anarch than trying to make him work. There's so many cards that counter Endless Hunger that I think you're better off with Ddos, Blackmail and similar cards to get your three central accesses.

Funnily enough, I run DDoS in my Apex. It's "no non-Virtual resources," not "no resources"

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
My mistake for the ambiguous wording. I meant you might be better off importing cards like DDoS and ways to make Blackmail work into Apex than trying to figure out how to supplement Endless Hunger best. That Apocalypse works better in Shaper or Anarch is a different point.

Hannibal Rex fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 15, 2016

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Apex just has so many different problems going on that it's hard to say exactly what would fix him, Reaver does look good but it exacerbates his memory problem bad

e: v yeah

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 15, 2016

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Reaver triggers off trashing corp cards, right? (E.g. paying a trash cost or using imp.)

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Static Equilibrium posted:

Reaver triggers off trashing corp cards, right? (E.g. paying a trash cost or using imp.)

Correct. It's the best Professor card printed in a while.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Consumed
Virtual Resource, 0 cost, 2 influence
As an additional cost to install The Consumed, you must trash an installed program.
+2 MU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/16/2016-world-championships-recap/

World champion info graph. Interesting to see that netrunner is their second biggest gameline in terms of competitive play.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 16, 2016

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
I like that the X-Wing champ has a name that wouldn't be out of place in Star Wars.

But I am very glad that the Star Wars stuff is getting its own tourney track. With Destiny and L5R getting added into the mix, this already crowded event would become a Cronenbergian sea of pallid flesh and unkempt beards.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I like that the X-Wing champ has a name that wouldn't be out of place in Star Wars.

But I am very glad that the Star Wars stuff is getting its own tourney track. With Destiny and L5R getting added into the mix, this already crowded event would become a Cronenbergian sea of pallid flesh and unkempt beards.

May 3rd-7th for Star Wars gaming. That's cute, I see what they did there.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Like 2 people here in my town actually play. I wanna play more real life games.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

quote:

Folding ?? Str - ?? Rez
Code Gate

As an additional cost to rez Datafarmer, host an Operation from HQ on Datafarmer

-> Gain credits equal to the hosted operation's cost, then play that operation, paying all costs.
What would you begin to cost/str that at?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

What would you begin to cost/str that at?

What happens if you host Scorched Earth/Traffic Accident? Or an operation that costs clicks? Or Biotic Labor that gives you clicks when it's not your turn?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

What happens if you host Scorched Earth/Traffic Accident? Or an operation that costs clicks? Or Biotic Labor that gives you clicks when it's not your turn?

I assume that (due to the wording) Doubles would be unplayable, since you can't pay all costs, as you have no clicks. Not sure what Biotic labor would do, I don't think you can spend clicks on the runner's turn, but then they did errata Chairman Haas just to sidestep that particular issue. I could add "if able" to the end of it, which would handle any provisional ops like Scorched Earth.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Even setting all that aside, host Restructure, make 15 credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

Even setting all that aside, host Restructure, make 15 credits.

Even that would be milquetoast. 2 cards, a click, and maybe firing IF the Runner makes a run on that server.

Remember, operations go to the archives on resolution.

• Locked thread