Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair if you believe Xenoverse then Future Gohan also had his own unique Super Saiyan Form

And the pre-split Kami/Piccolo was named "Katas".. It's the first time I've heard that name mentioned. Like, ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Rutibex posted:

Just because Babidi is dead doesn't mean Buu is sealed forever. Someone could just go to Hell and learn the spell from him, hes around.

Everyone just chilling in hell is a Toei invention.

The only person we saw in hell was Freeza, and he was stuck in his own personal hell where he couldn't even get out of a cocoon. And people in heaven are just spirits unless they are allowed to keep their body with special permission.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

And the pre-split Kami/Piccolo was named "Katas".. It's the first time I've heard that name mentioned. Like, ever.

If Xenoverse says that they got it mixed up. There's a line where Guru refers to the pre-split Namekian as "the child of Katas" but obviously that isn't the dude's name.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

ImpAtom posted:

If Xenoverse says that they got it mixed up. There's a line where Guru refers to the pre-split Namekian as "the child of Katas" but obviously that isn't the dude's name.

It's part of a little quiz you can take in the middle of town in XV2. The wiki picked up on it too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

It's part of a little quiz you can take in the middle of town in XV2. The wiki picked up on it too.

I just checked and the Wiki agrees with me:

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Katas

quote:

Katas (カタッツ) was an ancient Namekian and the father of the Nameless Namekian

As I said, if Xenoverse said that was the Nameless Namekian's name then they made a mistake or it was mistranslated.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Blaze Dragon posted:

A Super Saiyan Ningen Super Saiyan (SSNSS for short, translated as SSMSS or SSHSS in the unofficial subtitles)

You can do better than that. Super Saiyan Sinner Super Saiyan!

Which, yeah, is not SS2. It could be a different transformation track that the main cast didn't realise existed at all, or it could be something unique to Trunks. I'd like to think it's something you can only get by totally rejecting divinity and the willpower required for that (where god ki is about trying to reach that level). That would make it edgelordy as gently caress, but I mean, pretty much every part of the Future Trunks saga is super edgy, from evil Goku to an evil Kaioshin that wants to pass divine judgement to Trunks becoming a Godslayer who has literal dialogue about accepting his place as a sinner in defiance of gods.

KidneyKai
Nov 6, 2010
Is Kibito a deity, if the Potara fusion between him and Supreme Kai is permanent?

Does Zamasu, as Goku Black, count as a deity if his Potara fusion to regular Zamasu is permanent?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If you really, REALLY wanna conjecture about unseen (and likely to not be explained) stuff, assume that both Vegeta and Trunks picked up the Blue form thru training with Whis' methodology - Trunks just didn't have the time to master it/Vegeta wasn't that good of a trainer/Trunks being half-human means he doesn't go full Blue. He was able to unlock a bit of that power thru Saiyan anger tho, and there's precedent for half-Saiyans to have a way easier time reaching transformations than the full-breeds.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

KidneyKai posted:

Is Kibito a deity, if the Potara fusion between him and Supreme Kai is permanent?

Does Zamasu, as Goku Black, count as a deity if his Potara fusion to regular Zamasu is permanent?

Kibito is a deity, yes. He's a Shinjin like the Kaios and Kaioshins, but apparently of lower rank. The Super manga even points out that Kibito has a low opinion on mortals.

It's hard to say where Goku Black falls. Vegetto points out that the now-Fused Zamasu will always have a mortal inside of him, but at the same time, Black was Zamasu at first. Fusions gives his race as Otherworlder like the other deities rather than Saiyan, but that's hardly a perfect source. That said, we never see Fusion Zamasu break up and they don't seem to think it will happen, so we can assume that Black still counts as a deity.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Blaze Dragon posted:

Kibito is a deity, yes. He's a Shinjin like the Kaios and Kaioshins, but apparently of lower rank. The Super manga even points out that Kibito has a low opinion on mortals.

It's hard to say where Goku Black falls. Vegetto points out that the now-Fused Zamasu will always have a mortal inside of him, but at the same time, Black was Zamasu at first. Fusions gives his race as Otherworlder like the other deities rather than Saiyan, but that's hardly a perfect source. That said, we never see Fusion Zamasu break up and they don't seem to think it will happen, so we can assume that Black still counts as a deity.

Black also has a form of super saiyan unique to him--the only floating explanation for what the hell super saiyan rose is, is "super saiyan with the soul of a god." Somehow, the mechanics of a super saiyan transcend genetics and the physical body, and fusion might do that as well.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

Oh my god shut the gently caress up about power levels already

no

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If you can't stand power levels then what is even the point of being here's

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
The simplest explanation for fusion permanence would be that only one of them needs to be a god.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Poison Mushroom posted:

I for one am a big fan of power levels.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blaze Dragon posted:

Even if he does not. It's probably permanent just because one half of the fusion is a deity.

Elder Kai got fused with a Crone so I am guessing it's permanent so long as one part of it is a god.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

If you hate power levels you may actually hate Dragon Ball

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
You guys are forgetting the best part of the episode; the epic faces.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I like DB.
I especially enjoy super.

gently caress powerlevels

^^^
Did they phone in the yugioh face guys
I know I would have.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
Super owns. Anyone who has a problem with Trunks getting the kill is bad.

I hope Zen-O restores Trunks' earth as a thank you for saving his friend/being literally the only competent character in both series.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The developers that made the Legacy of Goku games are apparently looking to kickstart a new one in the near future, and they're just throwing out every concept they can think of and going to leave it up to backers' votes to decide what they actually do. lol

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Way i see it, its not the strain of power up what limits fusion time, its the power itself. Like a ningen is a computer but a fusion is an unplugged laptop with high end specs, it may be running ssb.exe extremely smoothly but the high performance mode being used will drain the battery in minutes.

I love the time limit if only because Vegitto is off the table as an option to beat Beerus. If Goku and Vegeta wanna beat him they need to actually work together.

But it wasn't really an option to defeat Beerus before. The reason Goku and Vegeta fused this time was because they were in a life or death situation where all hope seemed lost, and even then Vegeta had to be talked into it. Unless Beerus decided to try and destroy Earth again, there is no reason for Goku and Vegeta to consider fusing to defeat him because they both want to reach that level on their own.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gruckles posted:

The developers that made the Legacy of Goku games are apparently looking to kickstart a new one in the near future, and they're just throwing out every concept they can think of and going to leave it up to backers' votes to decide what they actually do. lol

Can they

Can they even DO that? Legally?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I bet if Krillin and Goku had used the Stacking Inside a Trenchcoat technique they could've beat Jackie Chun and won their first Tournament.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rhonne posted:

But it wasn't really an option to defeat Beerus before. The reason Goku and Vegeta fused this time was because they were in a life or death situation where all hope seemed lost, and even then Vegeta had to be talked into it. Unless Beerus decided to try and destroy Earth again, there is no reason for Goku and Vegeta to consider fusing to defeat him because they both want to reach that level on their own.

I know, they never would've done it, but least I always thought "oh, but if they had to, Vegitto so would win, maybe Whis saying they'd be unstoppable together is hinting to that.." and now that's entirely out of the window because even in a scenario as desperate as this one Vegitto would only last like ten minutes or something.

Like, it wouldn't have happened, but just the thought of "Vegitto would win now." was in the back of my head and now it's been shattered and i'm kinda hyped.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Burkion posted:

Can they

If they can figure out the licensing then sure. It's not like there haven't been crowd funding projects that work with other partners behind the scenes.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

There is absolutely no indication that pre-god Vegeto would have had any significant success against Beerus? You can make arguments about SSB Vegeto but that is why the time limit is a good thing. It means Goku and Vegeta's solution to the "how to beat Beerus" issue isn't just a fusion.

Vegeto wouldn't, but Vegeta might've.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-wkAw2tuYw

Using that outrage every time might be hard even for Vegeta however.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Burkion posted:

Can they

They're totally within their legal rights to work on a prototype without having the rights to use the license. Screenshots/videos of the prototype are fine too. It's when they release it that it becomes a problem, and presumably they'd work together with Funimation before they went to kickstarter.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mordaedil posted:

if they had fused and then Beerus slapped Bulma AND Chi-Chi then maybe Vegito would have won

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think there'd have been less objections to Vegito's outing if he'd gotten a decent killshot off before he defused, that could even be why he defused. Super's been quite light on the setpiece attacks in general, but Final Flash Kamehameha was shot with less impact than the Masenko and Galick Gun Trunks did on Black a few episodes back which is kinda lame if you think about it, like do you remember the scene where Vegeta created Final Flash, or when Goku used the Warp Kamehameha? I think if the director had at least committed to that attack, give Zamasu an 'oh poo poo!' moment before having Vegito defuse from the sheer scope of his attack before it could seal the deal I think fans would feel a little less blueballed by his exit.

Overall it's been a fantastic arc though, a few misgivings about the style of the fights aside. Zamasu's been a top-class villain, every major scene Trunks was involved in was insanely cool, VEGITO! Only seen the last five or so episodes but glad Super seems to have finally pulled itself together.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mordaedil posted:

As Beerus later said while the burst in power caught him offguard. It still did not hurt him and it just means he had to put next to no effort to beat him instead of no effort.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

where were you people when mystic gohan did gently caress all

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Presumably in school or not born considering it happened in 1996!

(ooooooold)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
where were you when mystic gohan became the savior of humankind, the great saiyaman?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If Future Gohan had ascended to Great Saiyaman he could have single-handedly beaten the Androids.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

Mystic Gohan was some cheatcode bullshit though, he slacked for a decade and then tried to catch up by having his 'potential' released for the tenth time. Vegito is the fusion of the two most fightingest men in existence, it's right and good that Trunks got the kill but he at least deserved a finisher that would wrack up 3 million views on youtube or something of the sort.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Raxivace posted:

If Future Gohan had ascended to Great Saiyaman he could have single-handedly beaten the Androids.

This is :perfect:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

Being sad at how far Gohan had fallen since the Cell arc.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Vegito would have felt better to me if they knew it was going to be a super short fusion and were going all-out frantically, trying to beat Zamasu before they lost the fusion. Would have made it really tense and fun

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I thought Vegito getting cast off like that was pretty funny in a way. Like yeah we all saw him coming but who saw a fusion getting chumped for the kill shot like that? I thought it was pretty funny.

Maybe I was too excited by the idea of a spirit bomb moonlight greatsword which then actually happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
No one knows how Buu's body works. Just because that de-fusion occurred doesn't mean we should take it as the reason and cause for the de-fusion. Taking everything as a matter of fact ruins canon.

No one knows how Potaras works because the Kais don't mingle with ningen unless it's necessary. Do they even have a manual for it? Have they actually tried to experiment with them by using it on ningen? Are they just talking out of their rear end?

Praise the writers for exposing the dirty ningens and their canon bible on Gokuism.

• Locked thread