Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Buying games from the PS store finally worked, so I tried Bloodborne out (I'm a pretty big Souls fan, so it should be right up my alley).

Completely forgot that the console versions are 30 fps :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It runs at 0fps on Xbox and PC

:getin:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The console version of DSII PS4 is 60 but at least it's consistent in bloodborne, there's nothing like blight town or the poison swamp sections that will tank performance

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I never had any problems in DS2 on PS4 whereas in BB, stuff like the first floor lecture hall would have massive dips

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bloodborne felt really choppy to me, as did Dark Souls 3. Maybe I'd have to revisit it, though. I remember it was extra choppy at launch until they patched it, but I had most of the game done by that time.

Doesn't matter, Bloodborne is one of the best PS4 games and maybe even my favorite Souls game (LOL just kidding Dark Souls 1 is, by far, the best.)

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I've been keeping an eye out for discounted PS3 consoles in early Black Friday ads. Haven't seen any yet. Is there a good chance nobody will bother with PS3s this holiday season?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Getsuya posted:

I've been keeping an eye out for discounted PS3 consoles in early Black Friday ads. Haven't seen any yet. Is there a good chance nobody will bother with PS3s this holiday season?

You might get lucky with either units on clearance or refurbished ones (also likely on clearance), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Getsuya posted:

The Gamestop Black Friday Ad has preowned 250GB PS3s listed at $119.99. I can't make out what the markdown is on it but it says "Save $20" so I am assuming it is normally $139.99.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Walmart around my area (SW Florida) about a month ago had 500gig PS3 consoles for 150 bucks. Not sure if they do anymore as I decided to go with a PS4 instead.

I'm assuming they were probably trying to get rid of backstock, but it's worth a shot.

Looks like they have them online for 149.00. Doesn't say anything about them being refurbished or open box.

Walmart PS3

Kithyen fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 14, 2016

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Suikoden IV was announced for the EU PSN (and I think the JP PSN as well) a few weeks ago but then hasn't come out yet. drat Konami cocktease. :argh:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CVagts posted:

Suikoden IV was announced for the EU PSN (and I think the JP PSN as well) a few weeks ago but then hasn't come out yet. drat Konami cocktease. :argh:

That was a super mean thing of them to do, to Europe and Japan.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Ineffiable posted:

Titanfall 2 is 30 bucks at Amazon.

Lies. It's $44 for me in NA. The price has been all over the place since Friday, when Target did a preview Black Friday sale that brought it down to $35 and Amazon matched it. Then it went back to $60, now it's down again. I'd love to grab it at $30.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It was 30 earlier. I ordered it

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

FishBulb posted:

It was 30 earlier. I ordered it

:emo:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Looks like Walmart just sold through their allotment for PS4, the Xbone version is still $30.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

LawfulWaffle posted:

Lies. It's $44 for me in NA. The price has been all over the place since Friday, when Target did a preview Black Friday sale that brought it down to $35 and Amazon matched it. Then it went back to $60, now it's down again. I'd love to grab it at $30.

Go to every Walmart and see if you can find tf2. It's supposed to be 30 dollars in stores today too

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
How did the PS4 port of the PS2 game Primal turn out? No weird glitches half way through the game?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Ineffiable posted:

Go to every Walmart and see if you can find tf2. It's supposed to be 30 dollars in stores today too

Just use the website, it will tell you if it's in stock for pickup at local Walmarts, otherwise don't waste your time unless you just have to have it now. There will be more sales all the way up until and after Black Friday.

HONKER24
Dec 15, 2000

cubicle_whore
Hair Elf

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

How did the PS4 port of the PS2 game Primal turn out? No weird glitches half way through the game?

Is this game actually good?

Watching the incredibly boring trailer on the PlayStation Store makes it look like a poor man's Soul Reaver.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

From what I remember of playing it at the time that sounds about right.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Where the gently caress was this like 3 years ago when it would have mattered?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

univbee posted:

lol :negative:

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

univbee posted:

Probably the same place as the new black and white N3DS systems. I'd bet both the "special edition" N3DSs and these new Vitas probably ship with the latest system software. :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Looks like it's Japanese boxart so don't worry, they're still pretending it doesn't exist

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait Minecraft wasn't already available on Vita?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

In Training posted:

Wait Minecraft wasn't already available on Vita?

It was, but I was saying way back when it first came out that they really should have made a Vita console bundle with the game since that was peak Minecraft popularity.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It's still hugely popular amongst kids. They'd sell a metric fuckton if they got it out in NA before Christmas.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Titanfall 2 is $30 on Walmart's website, but still $60 on the shelves. Today I discovered that if you ask someone who works there, they will check the website and use that price instead. I feel a little sorry for anyone who bought it off the shelf for full price, because it seems like a tax on people who don't check the site first, but I don't care. Got mine and gave Walmart less than retail, I'll call it a win.

The Decade of Downloads Week 2 sale posted. Deals on a bunch of FPS bundles and PS One/PS2 classics. Nothing too exciting

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dark Cloud 2 (ps2 on ps4) for $5 is something I wouldn't mind playing again for nostalgias sake.

Also if you have something that can play PS1 games there's a lot of RPG classics for super cheap. Why can't the PS4 play these (FF7, chrono cross, mega man legends, Vagrant Story, Suikoden 2)

Also all the SMT Games on PS3 are like $3

So yeah I hope you like very old JRPGs

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

You can play FFVII on the PS4. :engleft:

But I agree, I think it's real dumb that Sony made PS One titles available on the PS3 and Vita but couldn't/wouldn't figure it out for the PS4. Are PS One games included in PS Now?

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
I believe PSnow just does Playstation 3 (and maybe some select 2 games)

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Not making the PSOne Classics work on the PS4 is purely a money grab at selling remastered versions instead, but yeah, it's very disappointing. I was kind of hoping that'd be the one part of my digital library that would always carry forward seeing as a lot of toaster ovens could probably play PSOne games now.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What are loading times like on PSOne Classics? Is it like running them with the fast loading option on a PS2 at least? Prob gonna pick up a JRPG or two from this sale to play on Vita, and wondering what I'll be in for.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Nail Rat posted:

Not making the PSOne Classics work on the PS4 is purely a money grab at selling remastered versions instead, but yeah, it's very disappointing. I was kind of hoping that'd be the one part of my digital library that would always carry forward seeing as a lot of toaster ovens could probably play PSOne games now.

I would pay them for remastered versions but outside of a tiny handful of games they haven't even done this.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Minidust posted:

What are loading times like on PSOne Classics? Is it like running them with the fast loading option on a PS2 at least? Prob gonna pick up a JRPG or two from this sale to play on Vita, and wondering what I'll be in for.

Admittedly I don't actually play my PS1 classics on my Vita but on PS3 they are the same as they were originally and have the same options the PS2 did with the smoothing and load times options.

But even when I tried fast loading on PS2 at best it changed nothing about the load times and at worst it broke something in-game. I wouldn't expect much difference, they're going for accuracy more than improvements.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

When were we supposed to get the $15 credit for spending $100 last month?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sony said like last year in an interview about psnow that the ultimate goal of psnow is to have the full ps catalog from all three systems (and their modified ps3 server things they use probably run them all) but its gonna be a while before they get there and the project is a long term one.

this is likely why they haven't written a ps1 emulator for ps4 and it sucks and is dumb but at least i'll always have my vita

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

DrManiac posted:

When were we supposed to get the $15 credit for spending $100 last month?

I heard the 15th, so in a few days?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Holy poo poo I did not actually think we'd get this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcmWCwYqGpk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

U-DO Burger posted:

Holy poo poo I did not actually think we'd get this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcmWCwYqGpk

oh my god!!!!!!

• Locked thread