Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

OSI bean dip posted:

I'm curious to what you guys think a cyberattack consists of.

"hackers" with jorts and fedoras

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

ugh

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Horse trading was definitely a reason, maybe the reason period, that Clinton ended up at state in the first Obama cabinet. There was a huge chance in 08 that we might have ended up with a situation where the popular vote was just tight enough that the superdelegates would have caused significant upset, and instead of the piss poor showing of the white 2nd waver PUMAs, we'd have ended up with people not showing up to the polls because the Clintonites did everything in their power to rob the firebrand candidate's seat. Some clintonites were pretty much ready and willing to do a primary to the knife because it was her turn, to a point where her campaigning started to get increasingly racist as time went on.

Like, reminder that Obama did lost the DNC popular vote by about 1 point in 08.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 9, 2022

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

crowoutofcontext posted:

http://ipolitics.ca/2016/11/14/liberals-to-repeal-anal-sex-ban-in-criminal-code/

Wow, didn't know this anal sex poo poo was still in the Criminal Code

Yikes

Jesus Christ Canada. I wonder when the last time someone was charged with this poo poo was.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Yeah, I could really do without that phrase.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

OSI bean dip posted:

Let's just say you shouldn't use whitehouse.gov as your go-to ping test anymore.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
'being pissed at the term wide on' brought to you by GENDERED SLUR and a guy that throws around the word oval office like he's some hard rear end from the British Isles.

Anyway, in local news, how bad are the libs gonna sell us out with all this talk of using P3s to repair and expand our infrastructure?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I learned a new phrase today thanks to CanPol reactions

Thank you for bringing enlightenment CanPol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

just in case you guys still think it's a good idea to infiltrate the CPC and vote in their leadership contest, now a Green Party member is urging everyone to do it, and that's how you know it's a bad idea.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Frankly the idea of giving money to the Conservative Party for any reason is so odious to me that it was never an option.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

EvilJoven posted:

'being pissed at the term wide on' brought to you by GENDERED SLUR and a guy that throws around the word oval office like he's some hard rear end from the British Isles.

Anyway, in local news, how bad are the libs gonna sell us out with all this talk of using P3s to repair and expand our infrastructure?

I'm not pissed I could've just gone through today without thinking about Hilldawgs pulsating, dewy kidshitter.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Giving both time and money, which are all kind of a zero sum thing to do.

Also backroom politicking isn't going to stop a legit populist, it's just building a very flimsy dyke.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
So uh, there's an actual Nazi being made "Chief of Strategy" in Trump's Whitehouse.

When do we expect to start accepting refugee claims from Americans?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

THC posted:

just in case you guys still think it's a good idea to infiltrate the CPC and vote in their leadership contest, now a Green Party member is urging everyone to do it, and that's how you know it's a bad idea.

Using this opportunity to announce my candidacy for the Conservative party. Ya'll should sign up and vote to make CanPol Great Again.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

infernal machines posted:

So uh, there's an actual Nazi being made "Chief of Strategy" in Trump's Whitehouse.

When do we expect to start accepting refugee claims from Americans?

Considering that we convinced ourselves that Roma asylum seekers from Hungary were a bunch of fakes and whiners, probably at about two minutes past never.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PT6A posted:

Considering that we convinced ourselves that Roma asylum seekers from Hungary were a bunch of fakes and whiners, probably at about two minutes past never.

We did accept quite a few, we just sent them back a year later for some reason. My old neighbourhood saw a massive number of Roma refugees move in that year, and then disappear in the space of a month.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

As a British man who was born in Canada and has a lot of Canadian family I want to ask you guys:

How much of a threat do you think Trump poses to Canada? Do you think Trump poses a real danger to Canadians?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Fargle posted:

As a British man who was born in Canada and has a lot of Canadian family I want to ask you guys:

How much of a threat do you think Trump poses to Canada? Do you think Trump poses a real danger to Canadians?

We will feel whatever damage he does to his own country, ignoring the possibility of a vengeful trade policy against Canada.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Captain Fargle posted:

What does that question even mean?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Helsing posted:

What does that question even mean?

"Is Trump going to financially or literally murder my loved ones" is roughly the question being asked

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Helsing posted:

Using this opportunity to announce my candidacy for the Conservative party. Ya'll should sign up and vote to make CanPol Great Again.

It's pretty hilarious that they're doing this to vote against Leitch and not for the one and only guy not outright denying climate change.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
It's also hilarious that "join a party and vote in their leadership race" is being reported on as if it's somehow scandalous.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Guess what fuckers I voted in the Liberal AND NDP leadership races and I've honestly thought about doing the CPC. Muahahaha

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

We will feel whatever damage he does to his own country, ignoring the possibility of a vengeful trade policy against Canada.

And whatever harm comes from his environmental policy. And the knock on effects of normalizing racist xenophobia in public discourse and policy. And, of course, the destabilization of world markets assuming he manages to enact any of his claimed economic policies, leaving the American economy a smoldering crater.

So yeah, potentially some real danger to us, as Canadians.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

OSI bean dip posted:

Angelina Jolie

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Captain Fargle posted:

you mean like, militarily? No. We're America's biggest trading partner and we roll over and give them sweetheart deals on everything, and let them break the trade treaties whenever they like.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/stacyking/status/798187042207199232

Can we ban reddit yet?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
If we ban Reddit we ban both the lovely alt right subreddits and a whole bunch of trigglypuff infested safe space alt left subreddits. It's a win win.

My only question is will the traditional left approve even if there's no way for a giant bank to profit from the decision?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

OSI bean dip posted:

Well a big window with red letters that says HACK IN PROGRESS pops up on the giant TV in the CSC NOC, then we use our Cybersecurity Firewall™ to back trace the IPs of the hackers to their home countries...

...and find that we're being DDOS'd by millions of surveillance cameras, baby monitors, and IoT light bulbs world wide.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well, the toque wearing tech dweebs trying to hock their crap on Kickstarter who decided anything and everything could benefit from a 24/7 connection to the Internet do keep on throwing out the term 'disruptive technology', guess this is what they meant by disruptive.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Joining the NDP was the alberta kewdehta guys genius plan to bring down the government

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Captain Fargle posted:

This is what Canada state media thinks of Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LhpG6apCo0&t=20s

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

EvilJoven posted:

If we ban Reddit we ban both the lovely alt right subreddits and a whole bunch of trigglypuff infested safe space alt left subreddits. It's a win win.

My only question is will the traditional left approve even if there's no way for a giant bank to profit from the decision?

Jesus Christ, can you go away? All you've done over the past week is complain about how you feel bad because marginalized people call you and other white men out for being poo poo. (And rightfully so.) You're like an object lesson in entitled white man 2016. You didn't vote for Trump but you've already alluded to voting Conservative for the single issue of being able to shoot clay pigeons in your backyard. gently caress off. You're exactly what no one needs right now, no matter what side of the border you're on.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

to be fair the media in the states largely disliked trump, for all the good it did.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Arivia posted:

Jesus Christ, can you go away? All you've done over the past week is complain about how you feel bad because marginalized people call you and other white men out for being poo poo. (And rightfully so.) You're like an object lesson in entitled white man 2016. You didn't vote for Trump but you've already alluded to voting Conservative for the single issue of being able to shoot clay pigeons in your backyard. gently caress off. You're exactly what no one needs right now, no matter what side of the border you're on.

Nice post/av combo

infernal machines posted:

And whatever harm comes from his environmental policy. And the knock on effects of normalizing racist xenophobia in public discourse and policy. And, of course, the destabilization of world markets assuming he manages to enact any of his claimed economic policies, leaving the American economy a smoldering crater.

So yeah, potentially some real danger to us, as Canadians.

Most of those are starting out in the US, I'm really interested (and possibly horrified) to see how the Trump exerts his will on the countries around him.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:ughh:

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Arivia posted:

He's a lovely gimmick poster who's proud he moved from Toronto to Winnipeg, like it was some masterstroke. Don't pay any mind to his addled ramblings. Winnipeg!

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Haha I strategically voted Liberal last election and intend to vote NDP in the next and the fact that I'm an angry working class white that likes to shoot pop cans and clays with guns makes you go all 'gently caress off and go vote Conservative' means that you're just as out of touch with the anger of the common man as the people that lost the election for Clinton because they offered nothing to anyone except for the rich and people that enjoy getting wrapped up in identity politics.

Your post is evidence that the left hasn't learned a single loving thing this past week and that's terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Well you are the one saying we need to make angry working class whites feel safe and comfortable because they literally do not give a gently caress about social justice. And to that end, will vote to gently caress over everyone who is not a working class white if they think it'll get them a leg up.