Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

El Burbo posted:

Okay so legit while I was watching this, right as busto starts to freak out inside the large crusher, my video froze, the sound started doing that stuttering thing, then my pc blue screened. I'm sufficiently spooked.

the curse has passed on to you, burbo, I'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Stay safe burbo ghost

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

El Burbo posted:

Okay so legit while I was watching this, right as busto starts to freak out inside the large crusher, my video froze, the sound started doing that stuttering thing, then my pc blue screened. I'm sufficiently spooked.

Yeah you gotta show someone else the video within 7 days or Busto gets you. Why do you think I posted it?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Every time they hit busto with the hammer I kept hoping this time was the time they'd let it go again and we'd get to watch him sail off the map and into oblivion :( Goodbye busto.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah you gotta show someone else the video within 7 days or Busto gets you. Why do you think I posted it?

Ah jee

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
I cannot express how surprised I was to find out that a game called Death Stranding: Ground Zeroes wasn't the sole creation of noted MGS obsessive Dan Rykert.

Quick MBMBAM question: I have a recollection of a great bit about Cake Boss. From when CB dude was arrested? A goof on "You can't stop me, I'm cake boss!" But the only Cake Boss related MBMBAM thing I've been able to track down doesn't seem to have it. Am I confusing two different Cake Boss bits from two entirely different podcasts?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's definitely mbmbam.

No. You can't!

*Defeated*

Arrest me... I'm the cake boss

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

greatn posted:

It's definitely mbmbam.

No. You can't!

*Defeated*

Arrest me... I'm the cake boss

That's the one! I've been remembering the phrase wrong. Apparently it happened around this time 2014 so I'll poke around episodes that date. Thanks!

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Cake Boss was arrested in Nov 2014 and the episode is from Nov 18th of that year-

226: A Delicious Twistery

http://mbmbam.libsyn.com/mbm-ba-m-226-a-delicious-twistery

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

Scudworth posted:

Cake Boss was arrested in Nov 2014 and the episode is from Nov 18th of that year-

226: A Delicious Twistery

http://mbmbam.libsyn.com/mbm-ba-m-226-a-delicious-twistery

Yup, found it. God knows why I didn't think of looking up the date of the arrest earlier.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

They also did a bit when Cake Boss's yacht got lost in fog and had to be rescued.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

purple death ray posted:

They also did a bit when Cake Boss's yacht got lost in fog and had to be rescued.

Cake Boss leads a fuckin life

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I started from episode one of the Adventure zone. I'm guessing the show picks up once the gang figures out the rules? Or at least agrees on a house rule set and sticks to it? Because a lot of the fun this show can be is getting lost in die rolls and explaining the rules.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

BigRed0427 posted:

I started from episode one of the Adventure zone. I'm guessing the show picks up once the gang figures out the rules? Or at least agrees on a house rule set and sticks to it? Because a lot of the fun this show can be is getting lost in die rolls and explaining the rules.

Pedal to the Metal is when it really hooked me.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

Yeah, once it stops being about playing the game and starts being about telling the story it gets much better. I think that's around episode 5? Whenever Magic Brian shows up.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

BigRed0427 posted:

Yeah, rules, dice and descision making get way faster as they get used to the rules.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!

BigRed0427 posted:

It definitely starts slow. I personally felt it picked up and was hooked as early as halfway through the first arc, but definitely by the time the second one starts they've got a good grasp on the rules and get rolling.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Well, it's partly that they get used to the rules, and partly that they start playing a bit fast and loose with the rules. Plus they figure out their characters a little more, plus all of them including Griffin really grow as storytellers, plus the world gets built up a fair bit. It gets WAY better than the first few episodes, to the point where it's basically unrecognizable as the same show.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Cake Boss thing always reminds me of Paul F. Tompkins as Cake Boss on Comedy Bang Bang.

Adventure Zone starts to get great with Magic Brian and the introduction of the Bureau. The Suffering Game is the last arc and Griffin said someone else may run the next campaign. I'd loooove to see Justin run it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Inzombiac posted:

The Suffering Game is the last arc and Griffin said someone else may run the next campaign. I'd loooove to see Justin run it.

Whoah dang, I missed that. Man, I thought they had another one after this at least.

It's too bad that Justin said he has no interest in being next up, because I think he has the best grasp of storytelling and how to keep the narrative moving.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Big Daddy McElroy is good for a voice or two but he's not very energetic.
Travis is very smart but takes himself a little too seriously.

Maybe they'll bring in Nick. You hear that, Babylonian? Start writing!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Travis did the Adventure Zone Nights one right? It was pretty good. Heavy on the exposition, but good.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
It's coming:

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/797998415393292288

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Inzombiac posted:

Big Daddy McElroy is good for a voice or two but he's not very energetic.
Travis is very smart but takes himself a little too seriously.

Maybe they'll bring in Nick. You hear that, Babylonian? Start writing!

Nick is the newest McElroy brother, who is being introduced a few years into the show's run because Griffin's older and not as adorable anymore.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Leospeare posted:

Nick is the newest McElroy brother, who is being introduced a few years into the show's run because Griffin's older and not as adorable anymore.

Take that back; griffin is still our adorable baby brother and always will be.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

iajanus posted:

Take that back; griffin is still our adorable baby brother and always will be.

Too late, I'm already casting the hot new sitcom The McElroys! Nick is the Cousin Oliver who gets introduced in season 5. John Hodgman is the wise neighbour who helps our boys with their problems. Lin-Manuel Miranda is the buddy who lives next door and eventually takes over the show with his crazy antics. Drew Davenport plays a different background character every episode.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Nick never eated all the potato chips. :colbert:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Inzombiac posted:

The Cake Boss thing always reminds me of Paul F. Tompkins as Cake Boss on Comedy Bang Bang.
It's getting to be that time of year where the Pod F. Tompkast Cake Boss Answers Christmas Questions from Kids is relevant again. It's an extrasode from Dec. 2010 and it's probably my favorite PFT CB bit, a really solid 3 minutes.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Pretty sure suffering game is second to last, not last

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Leospeare posted:

Too late, I'm already casting the hot new sitcom The McElroys! Nick is the Cousin Oliver who gets introduced in season 5. John Hodgman is the wise neighbour who helps our boys with their problems. Lin-Manuel Miranda is the buddy who lives next door and eventually takes over the show with his crazy antics. Drew Davenport plays a different background character every episode.

Has there ever been a show with one supporting/background (so not quantum leap) actor who is a different character on every episode? Cuz that's a fun bit.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
The exciting conclusion of the Turbovicki saga!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1gTbnB-Gps

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Has there ever been a show with one supporting/background (so not quantum leap) actor who is a different character on every episode? Cuz that's a fun bit.

Rachel Dratch in Season One of 30 Rock.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Farg posted:

Pretty sure suffering game is second to last, not last

Yeah I think this is the last mission arc, and then there'll be an arc to wrap up the whole Bureau thing

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

I think the Jim Gaffigan Show did this with McCaulay Culkin in season 1. It's kind of hard to tell.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

They were originally doing this with Kirk on The Gilmore Girls, but ultimately switched it to one character with innumerable different jobs.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That's sort of what Kids in the Hall did with Bellini until he became a character himself.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Zeeman posted:

The exciting conclusion of the Turbovicki saga!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1gTbnB-Gps

One of the best conclusions in a monster factory

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I started crying at the end of that monster factory.

With laughter or sadness? Who knows?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Their kids are going to grow up in a family where watching Paul Blart 2 is a Thanksgiving tradition, like some families with Charlie Brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Alexei Sayle in The Young Ones