Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tminz
Jul 1, 2004
PS4 goons squad up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to go from prone to crouched? Cause I always seem to stand all the way. Really disappointed that the crouch indicator seems to only exist in the single player.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Is it just me or is it really tough getting headshots with shotguns? I almost only use the A10 exclusively and haven't gotten a single headshot all week with it.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

It's tough. I switched to slugs and carefully executed snipers for the medal.

PabloBOOM
Mar 10, 2004
Hunchback of DOOM

:parrot:

Glad I have some sporadic time to play this ridiculous game thing again.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

PabloBOOM posted:

:parrot:

Glad I have some sporadic time to play this ridiculous game thing again.

If only there was a medic around to revive me!

PabloBOOM
Mar 10, 2004
Hunchback of DOOM

10 Beers posted:

If only there was a medic around to revive me!

If only... All I've got is this syringe of heroine. And I don't see why I'm wasting it on the dead. Rather sit under this here tree.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

So I got the SMG medal, and it doesnt seem like I got my XP? or anything really of value to justify bothering trying that again?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Tei posted:

Thanks! :D

A testament to this great game is that I have fun with every class and vehicle of the game. I do better with tanks, but If I don't get it, I don't mind it.

Tei, your elan and warrior ethos has inspired me to be better at this game. As such, I'm sorry, but I had to one up your kills, if not your total score:

I also recorded some clips:

http://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/b3ae4792-d3c2-44ca-bae8-03541d3b37b5/embed

http://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/0259ded2-7eea-48bd-ba1e-9e630c69383c/embed

http://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/089145a6-a395-4668-881a-96310c590502/embed

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
rocket truck

Analdeath
Aug 12, 2007

Chilled-out entertainer.
: Try to remember the basics of CQC.
: http://xboxclips.com/Wudsi/370286f0-c93b-4716-822d-4b7613263454

Fun tonight but I had the most atrocious lag, until I got sick of it and figured out it wasn't my connection, console, or any interference, so I went to the battlelog forums and read a few pages of a whinge thread about the exact same thing (i.e five people complaining about it and 100 people enquiring about game balance/frame rate issues) and then it went away :iiam:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Analdeath posted:

Fun tonight but I had the most atrocious lag, until I got sick of it and figured out it wasn't my connection, console, or any interference, so I went to the battlelog forums and read a few pages of a whinge thread about the exact same thing (i.e five people complaining about it and 100 people enquiring about game balance/frame rate issues) and then it went away :iiam:

I had extremely bad lag this morning on the PS4. Like a full 1-2 seconds at times. The worst example was running past a thrown anti tank grenade, blasting two dudes in the face with the 10-A Hunter, no hit markers, watching them return enough fire to kill me twice, then mysteriously dying to the anti tank grenade 10+ yards behind me that I heard go off 2 seconds prior.
At least I somehow managed my 20 kills for the skull medal on that level.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Analdeath posted:

I feel like you should have been able to throw your pistol at that guy, saving private Ryan style. Good playing with you today wuds

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Everyone get online and play!

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I just added everyone on the BONE KREW spreadsheet because playing with pubbies was worse than I remembered

I suck at this game and only play as Medic but I'm down to clown. Gamertag is the nasty niss

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Apparently Windows / Xbox Live rolled out a Clubs update which might make getting Goons together a bit easier (think similar to the old BFGoons Shared GT): http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-clubs-looking-for-group

Someone more organised and active than me should probably set that up.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

Tei, your elan and warrior ethos has inspired me to be better at this game. As such, I'm sorry, but I had to one up your kills, if not your total score:

I also recorded some clips:

http://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/b3ae4792-d3c2-44ca-bae8-03541d3b37b5/embed

My real achievement is two kills with the sidecar, putting me on the top 1% of the elite.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/vehicle/56c8ec6a-6667-547e-8393-b047a1bcb730

I need to roadkill 41 dudes, and I will be top player in one of the categories of the game :D

Edit:
I just notice the category for "horse kills" is empty, a error on this website or the game don't track that.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Tei posted:

My real achievement is two kills with the sidecar, putting me on the top 1% of the elite.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/leaderboards/all/Kills/vehicle/56c8ec6a-6667-547e-8393-b047a1bcb730

I need to roadkill 41 dudes, and I will be top player in one of the categories of the game :D

Edit:
I just notice the category for "horse kills" is empty, a error on this website or the game don't track that.

I believe it. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the motorcycle. Last night was the first I've seen people really use the armored cars as well. My tank probably dissuaded them from future use though

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

In my opinion all "jeeps" and motorcycles need to be like 4x heavier. They bounce around like you are on the loving moon.

Also give us more jeeps. Just basic technical style vehicles.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
One time I tried to get in a car with my squad, but I didn't know how to do it, so I pressed X, and I mantled up on top of it and just stood on top of it, probably totally blocking the gunner's view. But I couldn't fall off, I was rock stead as the car bounced along the countryside.

That's my story.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Beastie posted:

In my opinion all "jeeps" and motorcycles need to be like 4x heavier. They bounce around like you are on the loving moon.

Yea more basic transports are needed. There are some long rear end walks on some maps if your team doesn't own a flag

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

I believe it. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the motorcycle. Last night was the first I've seen people really use the armored cars as well. My tank probably dissuaded them from future use though

I started using it on Sinai to capture G because it's a pain getting there otherwise. It's good fun solo trying to roadkill dudes because it's so fast and the turning radius is horrible. Somehow I've managed 3 kills with it. You can stick a limpet to it and launch it, but your timing would have to be impeccable to have any effect.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Any advice on throwing the AT grenades? There's so much chaos, I can't even see where I'm throwing them. It's usually like "There's a tank!" *aim up 45 degrees, chuck it, get shot by a sniper* I've thrown like six of these things, and I can't tell if they do anything or are useful at all. even when I don't die, i can't pick out my explosion from the convocation of other explosions associated with a tank simply existing.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Snak posted:

Any advice on throwing the AT grenades?

Hit the tank with them? There isn't really more to it than that.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The range on them is no joke. I'm constantly surprised by how far they go, I always underestimate their range when I'm tanking. The splash is decent as well. Just the warning symbol on my screen from one of those being thrown is enough to make me retreat pretty far back because it's hard to see where they're thrown from if the soldier is in cover. So, throw them from farther away and from a hiding spot.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FastestGunAlive posted:

The range on them is no joke. I'm constantly surprised by how far they go, I always underestimate their range when I'm tanking. The splash is decent as well. Just the warning symbol on my screen from one of those being thrown is enough to make me retreat pretty far back because it's hard to see where they're thrown from if the soldier is in cover. So, throw them from farther away and from a hiding spot.

So is it reasonable to throw them with my crosshairs on the tank, or does that mean I'm too close?

This is definitely one of those games where everyone has some kind of olympic throwing arm, and chucking grenades 60 meters is no big deal.

Snak fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 14, 2016

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I can't say since I'm usually the tank whore getting attacked. Most the time it looks like they're being thrown in a high arch towards me, which probably contributes to me underestimating the range.

I've been using dynamite and anti tank rifle myself when I'm assault but the grenades still seem valuable

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
yeah, I've only played a few hours so far, and most of that has been domination. Conquest maps are such a huge time commitment. I'll get to play plenty over thanksgiving break next week though.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

With AT grenades you want to arc a little higher, both because they don't travel as far as normal grenades, but also because they detonate on impact and vehicles are usually so big that unless it's right in your face it's pretty hard to overthrow completely while it's very easy to underthrow

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Beastie posted:

Riding as a passenger in the sidecar you can't switch to third person view. On Monte Grappa that's a one way trip to vomit city. It's hilariously bad.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Does anyone know which option turns off the messages like "press B to bayonet charge" every time I sprint?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I believe it's something like Training Tips or Weapon Hints.

I also leave the killfeed off because I want less stuff on my screen.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

Zip! posted:

Apparently Windows / Xbox Live rolled out a Clubs update which might make getting Goons together a bit easier (think similar to the old BFGoons Shared GT): http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-clubs-looking-for-group

Someone more organised and active than me should probably set that up.

Made one a few weeks back called Dino crew already got 2 other goons in it n sending out more invites now that the update dropped for everyone else

Skater h8er fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 14, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
This is a game where I feel like I could turn off most of the hud. I can't wait to play more. I'm so bad, but it's really fun.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Protip: Scale your mini-map up.

Fall patch tomorrow! Don't have notes yet.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Speaking of AT Grenades: I find it ridiculous that the assault AT nades fly what feels like 3 times farther than the light AT nades do. Light AT grenades feel like you have wimpy noodle arms.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Finger Prince posted:

I had extremely bad lag this morning on the PS4. Like a full 1-2 seconds at times. The worst example was running past a thrown anti tank grenade, blasting two dudes in the face with the 10-A Hunter, no hit markers, watching them return enough fire to kill me twice, then mysteriously dying to the anti tank grenade 10+ yards behind me that I heard go off 2 seconds prior.
At least I somehow managed my 20 kills for the skull medal on that level.

Lol. Someone sent me hate mail because I blew up his tank, then got him with a grenade, then shot, then stabbed him in a round. He's very mad I have a lag switch on my controller; i don't know what that means, for the first time I didn't have any of the connection warnings on my screen. Once you learn how to use the equipment, a Support guy with a limpet and a couple of assault bros are basically unstoppable.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
boner boys add a bro, my gamertag is XBOX UNSUCK

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Guys, I just did a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkZT-5rJZJ0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Snak posted:

This is a game where I feel like I could turn off most of the hud. I can't wait to play more. I'm so bad, but it's really fun.

i would turn off the hud entirely if it wouldn't leave me at a disadvantage, i can't wait for hardcore mode to roll out