Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Thinking back on CS2, is the Ricky memory loss and strange visions stuff late in the game explained? I don't remember if it was and I forget, if I missed it somehow, or if it wasn't and/or was a callback to their arc in Crossbell.

lets hang out posted:

cs2 has been added to ps now

Can you import psnow CS1 saves into the psnow CS2? Not planning on it since I own them both but I have some friends without a ps3 who I want to force Trails upon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sankis posted:

Thinking back on CS2, is the Ricky memory loss and strange visions stuff late in the game explained? I don't remember if it was and I forget, if I missed it somehow, or if it wasn't and/or was a callback to their arc in Crossbell.

he's possessed by Aidios, also he mentions bumping his head somewhere after you find him again

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 13, 2016

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Are any of the Lost Arts that you get from the cryptids worth using in any capacity?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they're pretty good with overdrive since you get the cost waived

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I find myself not using Clear Moon or Roaring Dragon much. Glimmering Star is good on anyone who otherwise doesn't do much casting like Laura or Gaius. I keep Searing Sun and Divine Salvation on strong casters in support, so they can jump in and nuke the room whenever anyone else lands on a Zero-Arts bonus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

What's the loadout to get Fie to 100% Evade? I'm up to 70% with Evergreen/Phantom B Cape/Evade 2&1. I think I get another 5% with a Falco Master Quartz but I'm assuming the rest will come from specific weapon/armor/boots?
The patterened shirt in Barehead gives 20% evade. Also there are a few quarts that aren't evade 2/1 but still give evade boosts.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

Are any of the Lost Arts that you get from the cryptids worth using in any capacity?

If you have a free slot it doesn't hurt. Remember that they are also impacted by Zero Arts and Overdrive so they can end up a lot stronger than you'd think.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Lost Arts also get the full effect of EP Cut quartz. With enough slot upgrades, Elliot, Emma, Jusis and Alisa can fire them off and still have enough EP for a few more endgame arts.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they're all broken as gently caress tbh

Artemis' Tears is pretty much the only way to prepare for stuff like McBurn S-Crafts, and Triumphant Roar can be used to immediately get you to 200 CP in preparation for a boss fight. Find an ep charging station, go 'okay a boss is coming up,' cast it in a random encounter, then heal your EP and continue. The two damage spells do more than most S-Crafts, can be easily buffed with criminal/pandora and noble command, and can be cast in overdrive. Jusis casts noble command twice, Emma and Elliot overdrive, Lost Art > Lost Art > Some random SSS tier spell > grats you just did 80% of the final boss's health.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

So what is the most damage you've all seen anybody do in CS2?

I've gotten 330k out of Radiant Lion crits, but that was without any STR buff.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Checked out the Tokyo Xanadu eX+ demo. I noticed it dropped pretty heavily in price, and in Japanese terms this means the game either wasn't bought much or bad rep lowers the price, so which is it?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Really Pants posted:

So what is the most damage you've all seen anybody do in CS2?

I've gotten 330k out of Radiant Lion crits, but that was without any STR buff.

498k with Radiant Wings buffing Laura and a 200 CP S-Craft in Overdrive, with a Tauros Master Quartz and as many ATT+ quartz as I could put on, including Domination for 2X damage on the first craft. I just wanted to show the bonus Boss who the real boss is.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Was there no optional/AP bonus boss/dungeon for the Ignis Shrine? I'm at the point in the story where you have to go back and revisit the shrines but Ignis was the only one that didn't have that schoolhouse-like little area with a flashback sequence at the end.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Megalixir posted:

Checked out the Tokyo Xanadu eX+ demo. I noticed it dropped pretty heavily in price, and in Japanese terms this means the game either wasn't bought much or bad rep lowers the price, so which is it?

It's improved over the vita ver in every way so I think just no one bought it

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Was there no optional/AP bonus boss/dungeon for the Ignis Shrine? I'm at the point in the story where you have to go back and revisit the shrines but Ignis was the only one that didn't have that schoolhouse-like little area with a flashback sequence at the end.

There was not anything like that for that shrine.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Cool.

Also XSEED I need the Crossbell games in my life like yesterday. Not sure how it was possible but I'm somehow even more invested in this world than ever before.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Nate RFB posted:

Cool.

Also XSEED I need the Crossbell games in my life like yesterday. Not sure how it was possible but I'm somehow even more invested in this world than ever before.

Join the club. Oh, and get Trails in the Sky 3rd when it comes out. Heck, get the GOG AND Steam version if you're eager to go the extra mile. That one, more than anything else, might give Brittany the argument she needs.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Megalixir posted:

Japan hates remakes/ports because reasons.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I was unable to get the bonus 3 AP in my first encounter with Bleublanc in CS2.

I really don't care to go back and try again. Not that it was difficult, but 40 turns fly by in a friggin flash it feels like.:shepface:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I finally finished Cold Steel 2 and now I'm sitting at a black screen waiting for it to continue.

Also have to wait for Cold Steel 3 :(

edit: after a half hour i mashed buttons on my controller and the save screen came up. Probably a coincidence.

edit 2: Ok never mind about finishing it, this game refuses to end. It just gave me more side quests.

Also it namedropped like a dozen people I've never heard of.

Overbite fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 15, 2016

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Overbite posted:

I finally finished Cold Steel 2 and now I'm sitting at a black screen waiting for it to continue.

Also have to wait for Cold Steel 3 :(

edit: after a half hour i mashed buttons on my controller and the save screen came up. Probably a coincidence.

edit 2: Ok never mind about finishing it, this game refuses to end. It just gave me more side quests.

Also it namedropped like a dozen people I've never heard of.

Yeah, that's because that part takes place in Crossbell and features the cast of the 4th and 5th game in the series, which haven't been localized (yet). For Japanese players, those namedrops felt like reference Christmas. For us poor western schmucks, it was just jabber. Unfortunately.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Turning Jusis into a CP battery via Force/Gladiator Belt has been pretty great, but now I'm not sure what to do with Alisa as everyone has outpaced her in all categories to the point where it's getting hard to know what to do with her. Maybe an item buffer with Moebius? That used to be Fie's role but I was thinking of sticking Falco on her permanently to get her Evade up to 100%.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Erpy posted:

Yeah, that's because that part takes place in Crossbell and features the cast of the 4th and 5th game in the series, which haven't been localized (yet). For Japanese players, those namedrops felt like reference Christmas. For us poor western schmucks, it was just jabber. Unfortunately.

It made me really want to play the Crossbell games. If we get them it won't be until 2018 / 2019 though, unless they outsource them. Imagine they'd bring out Cold Steel 3 before starting a new arc.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Turning Jusis into a CP battery via Force/Gladiator Belt has been pretty great, but now I'm not sure what to do with Alisa as everyone has outpaced her in all categories to the point where it's getting hard to know what to do with her. Maybe an item buffer with Moebius? That used to be Fie's role but I was thinking of sticking Falco on her permanently to get her Evade up to 100%.

Moebius is always good. I gave Alisa the Calamity quartz that you get for filling out your monster guide and showing it to Stefan. It provides up to 150% bonus damage depending on how much health the target has left, and Alisa does pretty well with it. Any of the new late-game quartz like Genesis or Rebellion should work on just about anybody.

I think Falco works best on Sara, who also has a long-range counterattack with good unbalance but lacks Fie's 30% evade bonus. Fie can get by on a smaller evade boost like Wing or Murakumo.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I kind of like Juggler on Sara because she doesn't have a lot of lines to stock up on ailment quartz like most of the heavy physical characters like Rean and Laura.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i dont like the new field attack of rean in CS2 that second hit is costing me a lot of advantages!!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

do all of your field attacks with ranged characters

or Millium/Laura/Angelica because they hit hard enough to faint enemies from the front

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The second hit is the one you want because it's got the shortest delay before you can move again. Only one who's better is angelica

Don't be one of those people who waits to shoot everything in the back, how do people put up with that for 200 hours

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

MotU posted:

i dont like the new field attack of rean in CS2 that second hit is costing me a lot of advantages!!

Just get used to Rean stepping slightly forward on that second hit.

I always ended up having Fie/Laura at the ready for field attacks - Fie for back sniping, and Laura for hitting things until they were knocked out.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

lets hang out posted:

The second hit is the one you want because it's got the shortest delay before you can move again. Only one who's better is angelica

That's basically the opposite of what I found; the step forward aside, it felt like the stun on the second hit was so short as to practically be nonexistent, at least with Rean. I had much better luck staggering button presses to cycle the first hit only.

Or a zweihander to the face is fine too.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
OK I like Cold Steel 2 and all but it's really wearing out its welcome. I thought the game was over but there was some extra stuff and it was cool but now I have to do a 17 floor randomized dungeon just to finish the game and I can't muster the enthusiasm

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Overbite posted:

OK I like Cold Steel 2 and all but it's really wearing out its welcome. I thought the game was over but there was some extra stuff and it was cool but now I have to do a 17 floor randomized dungeon just to finish the game and I can't muster the enthusiasm

That's the actual end of the game and you get access to a bunch of new characters for it so you at least can fool around with mechanics you wouldn't have otherwise.

It's also really short despite having a bunch of floors because each floor is really short and you can run through it quickly if you're not interested in the chests.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Overbite posted:

you can really just run to the end of each floor, you can get through the entire thing, final boss and cutscene after included, in like a half hour

and just sell equipment you don't need and buy the mirrors, crow and vita completely demolish the bosses in two seconds flat

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just met Duvalie.

I...I think she was pretty much perfect from the word go.:allears:

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 16, 2016

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
At the beginning of CSII on Hard, what's the best way to get the Bonus AP (30% HP in 40 turns) vs Xeno and Leo? Just target Xeno and hope for a Crit Round on a Motivated S-Break and abuse Toval Arts?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MotU posted:

At the beginning of CSII on Hard, what's the best way to get the Bonus AP (30% HP in 40 turns) vs Xeno and Leo? Just target Xeno and hope for a Crit Round on a Motivated S-Break and abuse Toval Arts?
Try using speed buffs to keep up. Arts are a bad idea because I'm pretty sure those count as two turns (the turn where you start casting, and the turn where you cast it)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

Try using speed buffs to keep up. Arts are a bad idea because I'm pretty sure those count as two turns (the turn where you start casting, and the turn where you cast it)

Maybe I should start with Toval Overdrive so he gets 2 single turn Arts -> 200 CP S-Break then switch him out when I can? idk I am bad at the strategy in this game for whatever reason. Also Physical just seems really weak but maybe that is just because I can from end-game CS1 just yesterday

edit: did it in 37 turns :3:

MotU fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 17, 2016

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Just started Act 2 in CS2, and unlocked the full party at last. Now that (presumably/hopefully) the game isn't going to keep splitting the party up for arbitrary reasons, are the characters I don't pick for missions still going to get leveled in the background? There's already a noticeable gap between the people I took to Legram and the people I left behind, even with the auto-leveling, and I'm wondering whether to just stick to using Laura/Jusis/Fie/Emma/Sara instead of trying to play catch-up with the rest.

Also, am I hallucinating or have all the battle animations been slowed down like 10% from the first game?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

MotU posted:

Maybe I should start with Toval Overdrive so he gets 2 single turn Arts -> 200 CP S-Break then switch him out when I can? idk I am bad at the strategy in this game for whatever reason. Also Physical just seems really weak but maybe that is just because I can from end-game CS1 just yesterday

Crafts--especially the new S-Crafts--will catch up to arts as you get better gear & quartz. Laura's still got the highest damage potential, for instance.

Gato posted:

Just started Act 2 in CS2, and unlocked the full party at last. Now that (presumably/hopefully) the game isn't going to keep splitting the party up for arbitrary reasons, are the characters I don't pick for missions still going to get leveled in the background? There's already a noticeable gap between the people I took to Legram and the people I left behind, even with the auto-leveling, and I'm wondering whether to just stick to using Laura/Jusis/Fie/Emma/Sara instead of trying to play catch-up with the rest.

Anyone who's very low level should get a boost after each of the story missions, but this won't unlock any new crafts for them; you'll need to take them through at least one fight afterwards.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Gato posted:

A couple of people will be forced into or out of your party occasionally (mostly into). There are also some sequences toward the end that have multiple consecutive fights with different parties, so you'll need to at least have gear and orbs for everybody.

No reason to vary your preferred combat style to keep their experience up, though; party members will all be raised to a minimum level at story intervals.