Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

He died but then he got better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Schweinsteiger in talks with Chicago, according to BBC. Just what this league needs, more old big names who were good five years ago

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Speaking of past-their-prime dudes, Lampard is officially out at NYCFC. :byewhore:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

LAFC looking to sign Rooney, Modric, and Fabregas in 2 years.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Will also flame out of the playoffs to a team full of journeymen and South Americans.

This league belongs to the hemisphere of the proletariat.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Hope they're willing to take a Keane too

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Sabo won't stay at DC, he will probably go to Saprissa and I will once again hate his guts.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

Schweinsteiger in talks with Chicago, according to BBC. Just what this league needs, more old big names who were good five years ago

He'll be Okay. I'm just glad the FO is trying to do something, even if it's not the ideal move.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Speaking of past-their-prime dudes, Lampard is officially out at NYCFC. :byewhore:

Gerrard also officially out. :byewhore:

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

The big Atlanta jersey reveal is in half an hour. Take your bets now: cool and good, or lovely and stupid?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Nostradingus posted:

The big Atlanta jersey reveal is in half an hour. Take your bets now: cool and good, or lovely and stupid?

Can't it be both? I'm leaning 20:80 split. Parts are good and cool, but most is lovely and stupid.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I'm betting: template

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Would this be good or bad? I don't have strong enough emotions about jerseys to say. This is just a mockup.

Tigren fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 16, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'm not a fan of stripes personally but that's far from being the worst design ever (see: my team's third kits up until recently :barf:)

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

I'm not a fan of stripes personally but that's far from being the worst design ever (see: my team's third kits up until recently :barf:)

It could have been much worse, yeah. Wonder what the away and eventual third will be. All black? White and gold hoops? Barcelona gradient barf?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

El Jebus posted:

It could have been much worse, yeah. Wonder what the away and eventual third will be. All black? White and gold hoops? Barcelona gradient barf?

Sorry, edited post to say that's a fan mockup. NOT REAL

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

whypick1 posted:

Wait, which ones do you mean specifically? Aren't you a Sounders fan? Do you mean like the electric blues and such?

Hoping for good stuff from Atlanta, I like the color palate at least.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

It's going to be poo poo garbage

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tigren posted:

Would this be good or bad? I don't have strong enough emotions about jerseys to say. This is just a mockup.

I like that, even if it's just a mockup.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Should be blue imo.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Tigren posted:

Pretty close:

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/798692051097440256

shirts and skins posted:

Wait, which ones do you mean specifically? Aren't you a Sounders fan? Do you mean like the electric blues and such?

Super Cyan :cry:

I own a black kit and the Olympic White is "meh, whatever". Before those though....no.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Nice team logo jersey sponsor name combo.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

whypick1 posted:

I own a black kit and the Olympic White is "meh, whatever". Before those though....no.

I kind of like being the Oregon Football of MLS. Not as much of a fan of the current thirds, they feel like denim, and not in the goofy way the 1994 US jerseys were. I'm kind of sad the whites have been cursed, I think they look great.

Though I'm still most jealous of the Timbers throwbacks.

e: Atlanta jersey is OK, nothing special. Maybe they'll have peach colored thirds or something.
e2: The gold feels presumptuous to me in a way that is probably good for my slight distaste for Atlanta.

foobardog fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 16, 2016

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Imagine a brown Coke-colored shirt with bubbles on it

that should be their alternate

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

Imagine a brown Coke-colored shirt with bubbles on it

that should be their alternate

How in the hell is Coca-Cola not the sponsor? They have so much money to throw around that the pittance they'd have to pay to get their name on the local MLS side would be nothing.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
I think Coca-cola would only sponsor if they could push out Advocare as the sports drink in favor for Powerade. So blame Dallas.

e: From what I've heard Coca-cola executives are so incredibly petty to the point of cancelling a conference at a hotel if the hotel has a blue carpet.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

whypick1 posted:

Pretty close:

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/798692051097440256

Super Cyan is the very best. I love my SC kit.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
fuckin'ell Luciano Acosta is tiny.

(and also now actually sold to DC and signed to a DP contract, good news?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Dallan Invictus posted:

fuckin'ell Luciano Acosta is tiny.

(and also now actually sold to DC and signed to a DP contract, good news?

Very good news. The team is getting younger and more skilled (nowhere to go but up, really). All we need is a creative manager and we'll be in business.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Another for the :byewhore: list (except he's actually good):

https://twitter.com/LAGalaxy/status/799386667811565568

The prospect that LA might suck rear end next season excites me.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
There are gonna be so many hilarious buys next window from LA, NYCFC and the expansion teams.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Let the great diaspora begin.

It's time we got back to our roots, where we loot South America and fold teams

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Say what you will, but there's no denying that Keane hosed up every last one of your teams. He'll go down as one of the best players to ever play in MLS. He put up with turf fields, lovely travel, and played with passion his whole time here. LegenD.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

whypick1 posted:

You really think with 2 DP slots open and a roster that made the playoffs with essentially only Dos Santos playing consistently is going to suck? If anything you should be afraid how much cash Uncle Phil has to spend on Giovinco-level players because that's the kind of player we're going after.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Yeah Keane was pretty awesome, played hard, and made his teammates better.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

As much as I love to hate on the Galaxy Keane was a model DP and I hope Galaxy don't find him and throw tons of money at has beens

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Keane was really good, and while I hated the bastard, mls was greatly improved by him playing here.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Keane was one of the best DP signings in the league and a model pro. All the best to him.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Keane was one of the best DP signings in the league and a model pro. All the best to him.

Except when he just yelled at his teammates for what seemed like the dumbest reasons. I assume, since he was a top class pro, he was yelling at Gyasi about how terrible his runs were or at Robbie Rogers for how poo poo his crossing is. You'll be missed unidentified fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Yeah, that's great, but gently caress his stupid goal celebration.

• Locked thread