Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shikantaza
Sep 10, 2016

Ein cooler Typ posted:

memes like this are why Democrats lost, When you call half the country dumb fucks, they're going to be Upset

the contempt Liberals have for the people they claim to care about is astounding

There really ought to be more think pieces blaming the election outcome on memes specifically

also this: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/polit...-20161113117081

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Trump won by being the better candidate

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The problem with "voting or you get a fine" is it adversely affects poor people and minorities which means it'll never get passed in the US because discrimination. Although some people were retarded enough to vote Trump so really all bets are off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I am struggling to not believe that this is not an excerpt from HP Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ranbo das posted:

The problem with "voting or you get a fine" is it adversely affects poor people and minorities which means it'll never get passed in the US because discrimination. Although some people were retarded enough to vote Trump so really all bets are off.

Do they enforce it in Australia? In Belgium it's a mostly symbolic law but somehow still enough to get really high turnout.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
drat, there's some hardass careposting going on in the world today.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Stex T posted:

Completely different Republican party did all that. The new age of Republican = conservative didn't start until the New Deal.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

What's the context for the photo of Biden holding the football?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

memes like this are why Democrats lost, When you call half the country dumb fucks, they're going to be Upset

the contempt Liberals have for the people they claim to care about is astounding

Good, I voted for Trump unironically so we'd have better memes.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Baron Corbyn posted:

He used to work for a stock photo company.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

@dabmoms

cool moms only

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

ranbo das posted:

no it doesn't it effects everyone the same because the law would mandate workers be given enough time ( read all day) to vote or the company is poo poo on by the govt. Sort of like how people used to work on thanksgiving but then there was a huge thing about it and now 99% of places are closed. That didn't effect the poor people working those jobs because they just give it to them as their one day off that week.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Stex T posted:

LOL, still coasting on that poo poo I see

The GOP is the political equivalent of Bob Geldof playing "I Don't Like Mondays" in the year 2016

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Trebek posted:

Completely different Republican party did all that. The new age of Republican = conservative didn't start until the New Deal.

Pretty much. The Republicans grabbed the racist conservative elements of the Dixiecrats during the Southern Strategy and they took over the party while the more liberal members fled to the Democrats or third parties.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

Pretty much. The Republicans grabbed the racist conservative elements of the Dixiecrats during the Southern Strategy and they took over the party while the more liberal members fled to the Democrats or third parties.

Doesn't matter as long as people feel like the label is timeless and nothing changes in history.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
Great Joe Biden memes are the true casualty of this election. RIP

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Smashing Link posted:

Great Joe Biden memes are the true casualty of this election. RIP

Cherish the time we have left.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

snergle posted:

no it doesn't it effects everyone the same because the law would mandate workers be given enough time ( read all day) to vote or the company is poo poo on by the govt. Sort of like how people used to work on thanksgiving but then there was a huge thing about it and now 99% of places are closed. That didn't effect the poor people working those jobs because they just give it to them as their one day off that week.

I wish i still was this naive lmao

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Baron Corbyn posted:

The quote is right there on the picture, jeez

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
lets go back to our roots

https://twitter.com/simpsons_vids/status/798252290842984449

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

snergle posted:

having worked the thanksgiving swing shift at lovely retail jobs 3 years in a row... there is not an arm long enough for the jerkoff motion in my soul.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Rysithusiku posted:

having worked the thanksgiving swing shift at lovely retail jobs 3 years in a row... there is not an arm long enough for the jerkoff motion in my soul.

Thanks for the image of this guy spanking it

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Cherish the time we have left.

(Biden memes)

Now *this* is a meme I can get behind!

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Stex T posted:

Weirdest loss.jpg edit ive sesn yet.

...i'm not the first one to make that remark, am i?

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

e: dammit

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Quick and dirty.

e:

GlobglogGroAbgalab has a new favorite as of 01:01 on Nov 15, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Made a slight improvement...

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I'm 100% convinced Ska is not a real genera of music. It's a trick that everyone but me is in on. I've never heard it and nobody can explain what it is, so I'm confident about this.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

White_people_only.jpg

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Memento posted:

quote:

White_people_only.jpg

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Who What Now posted:

I'm 100% convinced Ska is not a real genera of music. It's a trick that everyone but me is in on. I've never heard it and nobody can explain what it is, so I'm confident about this.

It's punk with trumpets

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Who What Now posted:

It's that stuff they were playing in the bleachers in BASEketball

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Who What Now posted:

This is the only authentic ska song, if that helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prqm1MFaaGc

Worth clarifying that this is a 100% non ironic song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

It's an offshoot of Reggae from the 60s that white people ruined.

• Locked thread