Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Well that was a stupid plan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Uh...did Winn know Superman is Clark Kent?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Kara turned into Cat Grant.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Eh that suit looks bad.

"I'm BOWLING BALL HEAD MAN"

Also, why is trying to be all secret to Mon-El.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Nice reference on the van- "Star Spangled Comics" was the comic where the Guardian made his debut.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Good Job irradiating the entire city.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
"DEO Speedwagon"

:allears: Wynn has become Cisco and it's great.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

For tv that was really good CG on Parasite.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah it wasn't bad at all.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Not a fan of budget Iron Man.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Alex. :smith:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Yeah, that was incredibly lovely Maggie. What the gently caress?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I see this is the drama that CW is gonna push this season.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Some issues with the main plot but drat those Alex scenes.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Alex was definitely the most compelling narrative in the episode. I'm pretty bummed out for her right now.

Guardian's suit was pretty sweet, though. Much better than Spartan's on Arrow.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
It helps that Chyler Leigh is really good.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah those scenes with them was really great. Also, fun fact being gay was totally normal on Krypton.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Winn dropping the truth bombs on Jimmy.

"Hey Jimmy I know this thing just beat the poo poo out of J'onn and Kara, but surely you a normal human with 0 training can stop it. Good luck!"

Wow Kara all high and mighty on Mon El because he doesn't want to be a hero.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 15, 2016

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Eh, never mind, not worth it.

R-Type fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 15, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, that was incredibly lovely Maggie. What the gently caress?

Huh? Maggie did nothing wrong.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Wow Kara all high on mighty on Mon El because he doesn't want to be a hero.

Yeah, she really needs to find a balance between trying to make him Superman 2 and just letting him be a scumbag

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So Maggie doesn't like Alex that way, is that what happened? That was a bad heartbreak but Maggie did nothing wrong.

Guardian looked silly, he wasn't mostly gold!

Ugh I cannot wait for the Cadmus plot to be delt with and Mrs Luther's smug rear end face is smashed in.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus this last episode was nucking futs! Alex came out to Kara as gay, J'onn J'onzz got a blood transfusion from a WHITE Martian, and James Olson parading around in a lead-lined suit to keep his identity a secret from Supergirl. And the surprise ending where Mon-El gets tased and taken away by Cadmus was insane.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So is Alex and Sara gonna hook up in the crossover? And by hookup, I mean develop a real relationship.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Uh...did Winn know Superman is Clark Kent?

Yes ... but only because James and Kara accidentally let it slip back in season one.

twistedmentat posted:

So is Alex and Sara gonna hook up in the crossover? And by hookup, I mean develop a real relationship.

That might be difficult, given different universes and all.

Besides, Sara's more a love 'em and leave 'em type, at least since Nyssa...

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

twistedmentat posted:

So Maggie doesn't like Alex that way, is that what happened? That was a bad heartbreak but Maggie did nothing wrong.

She clearly likes her which is why she had to reject her.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hmm, my personal copy of the Gay Handbook says it's a bad idea to get with people who are still in the closet, but it's okay to get with people who just came out. Maybe Maggie has a newer edition.

The actual Guardian effects are not too bad but the helmet needs like seven revisions. And I still think the writing for this plot continues to be the weakest part of the season. It practically feels like the actors are having to improv most of it to fill in the awkward moments. Which is, like, every moment.

Wasn't Mon-El supposed to be a palace guard on Planet Turtleneck Daxam? Why is he so bad at fighting?

Pretty strong episode in spite of those nitpicks, mostly due to Alex and M'gann's stuff. Ever since Glee ended I've been missing my weekly intake of delicious queer tears in my TV shows.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
So Kara Danvers, not as Supergirl, hangs out as Kara Danvers in an alien bar and people think she's an alien? Enough to buy her poisonous to human drinks?

Also, White Martian blood is compatible with Green Martian blood? You know even in humans, you can't just do that without checking first that the types are compatible between donor and receiver.

Sorry to be nitpicky, but these two things really bugged me. Melissa Benoist is still weapons grade adorable.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Jorghnassen posted:

Also, White Martian blood is compatible with Green Martian blood? You know even in humans, you can't just do that without checking first that the types are compatible between donor and receiver.

Something...something...shapeshifting hemoglobin...binary code... pym particles... LOOK OVER THERE! RELATIONSHIP DRAMA! [smoke bomb]

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Jorghnassen posted:

J'onn will become Beast Boy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I guess Kara felt it was safe to hang out in the Alien bar as no one would out her. Also, I doubt anyone cares who Kara Danvers is.

Bruceski posted:

J'onn will become Beast Boy.

Now You just raised my hopes of Doom Patrol on the show.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BrianWilly posted:

Hmm, my personal copy of the Gay Handbook says it's a bad idea to get with people who are still in the closet, but it's okay to get with people who just came out. Maybe Maggie has a newer edition

Be fair, people who just came out can be obnoxious. I bet Alex will be cool, but I can't get mad at Maggie for fearing that Alex would want her to be a guide to being a lesbian, or going through the post coming out overcorrection phase and listening to Tegan and Sara all the time.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BrianWilly posted:

The actual Guardian effects are not too bad but the helmet needs like seven revisions. And I still think the writing for this plot continues to be the weakest part of the season. It practically feels like the actors are having to improv most of it to fill in the awkward moments. Which is, like, every moment.

It's Steel. He's totally Steel. I mean, I know Guardian is a character, but he's a tall muscular black dude in an outfit literally made of steel and lead. Maybe they'll keep the New Superhero Name thing, but I really want them to just start calling him Steel.

Also loving hell, Alex finally gets the guts to come out and she's immediately shot down. Poor gal. That was brutal to watch. :smith:

e: On the other hand John Henry Irons loving owns, and if we can get both, I'm down as heck.

e2: gently caress it let's get the GL John Stewart while we're at it. DC's shows are really good with POC superheroes and I want a Green Lantern goddammit.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 15, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Drunk Kara might rival ice cream Kara for best Kara overall.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Guy Goodbody posted:

Be fair, people who just came out can be obnoxious. I bet Alex will be cool, but I can't get mad at Maggie for fearing that Alex would want her to be a guide to being a lesbian, or going through the post coming out overcorrection phase and listening to Tegan and Sara all the time.

But Tegan and Sara are good. I am a straight dude and I love me some lesbian twins indie pop.

Rhyno posted:

Drunk Kara might rival ice cream Kara for best Kara overall.

Kara seriously is like a friend of mine, both of these I've seen her do. ONce when drunk she even tried to say chocolate in a very similar way. I think the writing team is spying on her. :tinfoil:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

Wasn't Mon-El supposed to be a palace guard on Planet Turtleneck Daxam? Why is he so bad at fighting?
Just my guess so not actual spoilers, but it seems pretty obvious to me knowing how TV shows go that he's actually the prince, and just made up the last part of his escape story so he could prince and the pauper it up. It explains why he's an arrogant jerk who doesn't actually know how to do anything.

Also did I miss a line somewhere or did no one ever bring up the fact that he has the same last name as Kal and Kara? Considering how big of a deal the House of El thing usually is in the Superman mythos it seems kind of weird they just conveniently find another last survivor El. It would be like if there were three survivors from Earth who all just happened to be named Kennedy.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Knormal posted:

Just my guess so not actual spoilers, but it seems pretty obvious to me knowing how TV shows go that he's actually the prince, and just made up the last part of his escape story so he could prince and the pauper it up. It explains why he's an arrogant jerk who doesn't actually know how to do anything.

Also did I miss a line somewhere or did no one ever bring up the fact that he has the same last name as Kal and Kara? Considering how big of a deal the House of El thing usually is in the Superman mythos it seems kind of weird they just conveniently find another last survivor El. It would be like if there were three survivors from Earth who all just happened to be named Kennedy.

For that matter, why does Kara have a first name and then Zor-El as a last name, while the others are just Kal-El and Mon-El? Was she given that name on Earth, because I thought I remembered her mother calling her that before she got in the pod?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's because comics are dumb a lot. Also, the 50s.

On Krypton, apparently, women take the full name of their fathers as their surnames. Kara's father is Zor-El (brother of Jor-El, Superman's dad), so her name is Kara Zor-El. Her mother's name is Alura In-Ze, so presumably Kara's grandfather's first name was "In" of the House of Ze. And Superman's mother's name is Lara Lor-Van...making her father Lor of the House of Van. You get the picture.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Jorghnassen posted:

Guessing that there will be some incompatibility given his hand was shaking at the end of that scene. No one knows she's a white Martian anyway.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

e: On the other hand John Henry Irons loving owns, and if we can get both, I'm down as heck.

Validates the whole Reign of the Supermen arc. Well, at least counteracts "I'm totally a 90s sneaker ad" Superboy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

xeria posted:

Guessing that there will be some incompatibility given his hand was shaking at the end of that scene. No one knows she's a white Martian anyway.

At some point wasn't the canon that white/green was not an actual biological difference, but rather a reflection of their ideology and philosophy? Blah blah psychic blocks burning martians blah blah Fernus?