Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Zythrst posted:

Want to make bets if he gets asked about it?

Too depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

jackofarcades posted:

I would really, really like it if the reasons Bernie didn't connect with older black voters was all poo poo that wasn't his fault. It would make our jobs a whole lot easier.

Well I mean you also had civil rights heroes like John Lewis saying they "never saw" Bernie in the movement before walking the comments back later.

The simple fact is that a lot of it probably does comes down to Clinton spending decades building up this network of respected surrogates willing to put themselves on the line like that for her. Bernie probably could have done better by being more involved on the national stage on the issues of POC for a greater length of time but I'm hesitant to say it would have made all that much difference considering the network he was facing.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What elected representative do I bother to tell them to vote for Keith Ellison as the DNC Chair via email?

Powercrazy posted:

Jaime Harrison....
yea.

Maddow has been such poo poo for so long now. Oh well, she was pretty good in 2012 I guess.

She's an Eisenhower Republican "Liberal".

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao its the podesta group lobbyist ahahahahahahahahahahaha

lol gently caress this guy and gently caress maddow for giving this poo poo air

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Powercrazy posted:

Jaime Harrison....
yea.

Maddow has been such poo poo for so long now. Oh well, she was pretty good in 2012 I guess.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
https://keithfordnc.org/

Come to sunny Keith Ford, North Carolina.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Larry Parrish posted:

Extremely intelligent person: Voting for Trump is a vote for racism and anti-environmentalism *climbs into electric car manufactured in some of the most brutal conditions in a developed nation and speeds off*

Drinking wine in a yatch off the coast of Africa. Toastin' the new neoliberal queen about to ascend to her throne.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Powercrazy posted:

Too depressing.

OH poo poo!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Zythrst posted:

He's definitely going to get asked if he attended a spirit cooking event.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

Anyone iffy about using "white working class" is dumb. Each group of people have different needs throughout their community and come from different backgrounds.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zythrst posted:

He got asked about it.

Still favoring Ellison though here.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

Extremely intelligent person: Voting for Trump is a vote for racism and anti-environmentalism *climbs into electric car manufactured in some of the most brutal conditions in a developed nation and speeds off*

what is it like one guy running back and forth to oil the robots without getting crushed

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Zythrst posted:

OH poo poo!

This is SOFT BALL with Rachel Maddow!

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Powercrazy posted:

This is MONEYBALL with Rachel Maddow!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

mrmcd posted:

Also as long as we're adding planks to our new platform, I think one of them should be:

"Vote for us and Yoko Ono will never do this again"
https://twitter.com/yokoono/status/797187458505080834

i am gonna say it and i am sure other have before. but it should have been her, not him on that day.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

He was never like, hated by black voters during the primary or anything. Hillary just ran a better campaign with them. She's not totally incompetent.

this. he just didn't know how to push the message right to the african american/minority communities. which sucks, i like to think ellison or someone else would do a better job shaping his ideas for different minority communities.

jesus, i guess the /pol/tards are finally leaving there basements and shiting on people openly now. fun times ahead :(.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lmao what happened to Rachel? Did she get her brains boggled cause trump became god king?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

this guy was the admin of a pedophile forum

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

If Chris Hayes ever goes on Chapo they need to do a full Symbionese Liberation Army style brainwashing on him so he doesn't become a Booker surrogate in 2020.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Lmao what happened to Rachel? Did she get her brains boggled cause trump became god king?

Mind and spirit broken by the God King

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

LegoPirateNinja posted:

https://keithfordnc.org/

Come to sunny Keith Ford, North Carolina.

It's always sunny in Keith Ford

quote:

This election cycle, we did not motivate enough people to the ballot box.

We must champion the challenges of working families and give voters a reason to show up at the polls in 2018 and beyond.

We must build a bench not just for federal candidates, but for state and local candidates across the nation.

We also need a robust party organization in every state that prioritizes voter relationships over everything else.

We must invest in and empower our state and local parties by creating effective field operations, an enhanced and advanced voter file, and a culture of collaboration between candidates at every level. Let's put the voters first.

This dude gets it.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

If Chris Hayes ever goes on Chapo they need to do a full Symbionese Liberation Army style brainwashing on him so he doesn't become a Booker surrogate in 2020.

Or just have Jimmy Dore interview him and ask how much his suit costs item by item.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Pomp posted:

bernie is cool and good and angry and teaching a new generation it's okay to spit fire and that's cool and good too :byob1:

This. gently caress the pussy liberals we have.

After six years I am STILL angry about the "Rally to Restore Sanity"...

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/798219622407229440
https://twitter.com/LoganDobson/status/798220155524354048

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Is there any loving way to sideline Soros and the Koch from politics permanently? Can we unironically stuff them on a resort island, like in the Prisoner?

"You are here because you have too much drat money."

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Holy drat what a day. I visited Tim Kaine's AND Rep Don Beyer's offices on Capitol Hill and sat in on both the house session and the weird Senate Pro Forma session which was five seconds long and basically just to keep Obama from appointing a Supreme Court justice because of a recess.

I'm seriously so glad I did this. I feel like I have a better idea about how things work and how tone heard. I also know a ton of people who were making phone calls. AND THEY GOT NOTICED!!!

https://twitter.com/dpvachair/status/798354611241422848

https://twitter.com/repdonbeyer/status/798231665286021121

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

CherryCola posted:

Holy drat what a day. I visited Tim Kaine's AND Rep Don Beyer's offices on Capitol Hill and sat in on both the house session and the weird Senate Pro Forma session which was five seconds long and basically just to keep Obama from appointing a Supreme Court justice because of a recess.

I'm seriously so glad I did this. I feel like I have a better idea about how things work and how tone heard. I also know a ton of people who were making phone calls. AND THEY GOT NOTICED!!!

https://twitter.com/dpvachair/status/798354611241422848

https://twitter.com/repdonbeyer/status/798231665286021121

that's awesome i need to call about that bannon as well

menino
Jul 27, 2006

Pon De Floor

punk rebel ecks posted:

This. gently caress the pussy liberals we have.

After six years I am STILL angry about the "Rally to Restore Sanity"...

Bernie's value is that he validates this feeling: You hate your rear end in a top hat boss? That's OK, he's a loving rear end in a top hat.

There are simply not enough Type A Lisa Simpsons in the managerial class to get 65 mm votes + in 2020. Gotta get somebody who makes you feel OK about feeling like your boss is an rear end in a top hat.

Is this stupid and overly reliant on identity? Of course, but that's a reality. Liberals have kept selling us victims, without naming victimizers.

Bernie's migrant job ad ends with him saying in voiceover "Who benefits from this exploitation?" Not naming names, but implying: there is a villain here.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
what happened with Maddow, did she put the lobbyist over the fire or just let him off the hook with

"ah good luck with your DNC run :shobon: [under breath] even though you're part of the fkn problem"

KIND OF A KIM DEAL
Oct 28, 2016

by zen death robot

zen death robot posted:

No ones ever heard of this site before my dude

Beaten by the zen death robot...but yes, exactly.

Oh yes trying to make identity politics the foremost defining issue of the present day vs. economic equality is the golden ticket to get out of this goddamn mess, after all why would you want to unify and galvanize angry young people to instead focus and fight for the possibility of owning a decent home, being able to have the means to raise a family, or even being assured a comfortable retirement after working 30+ years when instead you can just opportunistically build up a decent social media echo chamber following with some short-sighted, snarky hashtag rage.

If things continue on like this over the next year we're all most emphatically and equally hosed. Unfortunately though it seems like it will probably just be four years of #NotMyPresident and #Occupy while the GOP easily holds onto congress or even worse.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lastgirl posted:

what happened with Maddow, did she put the lobbyist over the fire or just let him off the hook with

"ah good luck with your DNC run :shobon: [under breath] even though you're part of the fkn problem"

She sort of softballed him, but eh. First interview is a freebie, but the whole Podesta group poo poo makes him toxic to me, and thankfully she brought that up.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

She asked him about it, and he just said 'Its just to feed the kids', and they sort of left it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Zythrst posted:

She asked him about it, and he just said 'Its just to feed the kids', and they sort of left it.

feed them what?

lobster risotto?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

shoulda

menino
Jul 27, 2006

Pon De Floor

KIND OF A KIM DEAL posted:

Oh yes trying to make identity politics the foremost defining issue of the present day vs. economic equality is the golden ticket to get out of this goddamn mess, after all why would you want to unify and galvanize angry young people to instead focus and fight for the possibility of owning a decent home, being able to have the means to raise a family, or even being assured a comfortable retirement after working 30+ years when instead you can just opportunistically build up a decent social media echo chamber following with some short-sighted, snarky hashtag rage.

If things continue on like this over the next year we're all most emphatically and equally hosed. Unfortunately though it seems like it will probably just be four years of #NotMyPresident and #Occupy while the GOP easily holds onto congress or even worse.

Yeah you can't build a national party with call-outs and clapbacks. Somebody let WokeCluster B Twitter take over surrogate duties for the DNC and that went...poorly.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Zythrst posted:

Next appearance: "Sorry, I misspoke. I meant to say, 'I just feed them kids.'"

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

So Dean's argument is that Ellison shouldn't get the DNC job because he's an elected official and shouldn't juggle the two jobs, or whatever.

Earlier today NPR had Steve Israel on, and he sorta blew up that argument by saying he was head of the Dem Congressional Campaign Committee while he was elected, and it worked out pretty good because if you can actually get elected it shows you know how to get elected.

Dean knew how to get elected what, 15 years ago? We just had that situation in the presidential election so I guess Dean didn't learn anything other than how to throw pee pee pants twitter tantrums.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

iospace posted:

She sort of softballed him, but eh. First interview is a freebie, but the whole Podesta group poo poo makes him toxic to me, and thankfully she brought that up.

Podesta is a piece of poo poo and a massive racist that implied that Ecuadorian people were uncivilized savages for not having lobster risotto in their embassy.

loving purge every Clinton tainted prick out of the party. Let them have their risotto and their wine. We need solutions for the working class and immigrants. Not rich neoliberal fucks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lord of Pie posted:

So Dean's argument is that Ellison shouldn't get the DNC job because he's an elected official and shouldn't juggle the two jobs, or whatever.

Earlier today NPR had Steve Israel on, and he sorta blew up that argument by saying he was head of the Dem Congressional Campaign Committee while he was elected, and it worked out pretty good because if you can actually get elected it shows you know how to get elected.

Dean knew how to get elected what, 15 years ago? We just had that situation in the presidential election so I guess Dean didn't learn anything other than how to throw pee pee pants twitter tantrums.

I feel as if Dean wasn't bringing this up when DWS was doing the same thing.

Really makes you think

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

KIND OF A KIM DEAL posted:

This.

Mods, can we just start probating identity politics chat? I feel like it's a necessity because we keep looping right the gently caress back to it and god knows D&D has plenty of circular firing squads for this over their threads.

"We should reform education." :geno:

"Why should we when people are getting gunned down in the street?" :grin:

"We should probably look to shifting off the industrial model so people can find some financial stability and be put to work instead of drinking away in their dilapidated rural homes and misdirecting their rage and worsening the cascading effects of all the messes we're in." :geno:

"LMAO "ECONOMIC ANXIETY!" LMAO. Btw people are being gunned down in the streets." :grin:

:smugjones:

"We should probably focus on some outreach programs that gives minorities gainful vocational employment, towards infrastructure, healthcare, and robotics in the long run." :geno:

"Pfft as that will ever exist with institutional racism." :grin:

"Yeah which is why we should prioritize the issues and list them out to erode the symptoms that causes such institutions because it's not going away overnight." :geno:

Or we could just go with the c-spam posting route of

"bernie is good and cool. death is certain, inshallah." :bernget:

"how many sex cakes do you think could feed a family of 4?"

I prefer that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Identity politics is a dumb phrase that apparently includes Marxism at this point since that focuses on people's identity as workers or capitalists.

Identity politics is whatever you want it to be in your heart.

drat lastgirl got to post this complaint before me

• Locked thread