Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Hazdoc posted:

When you go to service record your "karma" is the small number to the left of your name. 0 means you've received no commendations from other players or have been reported a lot, and a positive score means you're doing something wrong and not trashing your pubbies hard enough.

Thanks, gentlepoi. I've apparently 51 karma, what an angel I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Hazdoc posted:

When you go to service record your "karma" is the small number to the left of your name. 0 means you've received no commendations from other players or have been reported a lot, and a positive score means you're doing something wrong and not trashing your pubbies hard enough.

For some reason I don't have a small number to the left of my name. Weird.

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
Somehow I have 1 positive karma -incredible considering all that I have done to pubbies.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

wdarkk posted:

For some reason I don't have a small number to the left of my name. Weird.

Err, to the right of your name. Not the left. Its small.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Hazdoc posted:

I totally did not know this. And im kinda shocked that my score is positive since I am usually a sarcastic rear end in a top hat when the pubs on my team do stupid poo poo. Which is always.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Hazdoc posted:

Err, to the right of your name. Not the left. Its small.

I don't have that either.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I have 12. I wonder if I would have more or less if I stopped making puns

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Just unlocked the Hipper. Maybe it's just the meh of the Yorck wearing off, but holy crap this thing is amazing. I just citadeled a North Carolina twice at 14km.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I really disliked the Hipper. I would take NO, Chappy and best of all, pre-nerf 155mm Mogami over it for sure (never played post-nerf). I also just unlocked the Takao and my only game in it so far certainly supports the perceived wisdom that it shits all over every other T8 cruiser. 9.4km concealment on a Cruiser is loving insane to say nothing of the heal, better protected citadel and amazing torpedos. My only complaint was that the shells felt a little floaty but I have played a lot of Hindenberg recently.

On the other hand, the Yorck was probably my favourite tech-tree T7 CA although I've just got started on the Fiji.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Lord Koth posted:

Sweet, another supercontainer today of.... 250 Det flags. Oh well, my first 3 were pretty good ones, so I suppose a dud was due.

US damage mission became much less stressful and reliable to work on once I remembered I had a Saipan.

As someone who plays DDs a lot, I'd take 250 det flags over the 250 Witherer flags that I got out of mine.

Heartcatch posted:

Thanks, gentlepoi. I've apparently 51 karma, what an angel I am.

Yell more.

wdarkk posted:

I don't have that either.

Oh hey, a True Neutral. :rolldice:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I have like 15 or so Karma. I try to make it a point to compliment pubbies who actually do play well or help in chat which although rare, isn't unheard of. Reporting people removes a karma point, so I'll report the biggest dopes and shitters as well. Maybe because I'm older and mellowed with age, I don't get as worked up about pubbie stupidity, but ev

Running my fletcher opens up the 3m cr upgrade slot and I'm at a loss between deciding for extra shell range or extra aa or nothing and save my credits. What do other goons run? Is it me or is Fletcher gameplay a bit different than the Benson. I thought it would be almost the same, but I'm not doing very good in the Fletcher at first and I'm scratching my head as to why.

Also, I whaled it up and bought the premium camo on my Zao and Fletcher and that helps a lot of with high tier play. A decent (70k damage) Zao game, I'll now walk away with ~250k credits which is nice.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

MoraleHazard posted:

Running my fletcher opens up the 3m cr upgrade slot and I'm at a loss between deciding for extra shell range or extra aa or nothing and save my credits. What do other goons run? Is it me or is Fletcher gameplay a bit different than the Benson. I thought it would be almost the same, but I'm not doing very good in the Fletcher at first and I'm scratching my head as to why.
Reload. You probably want reload on most T9 and 10 ships, but especially on the Fletcher and the Gearing. Your turret traverse is already hilariously fast and you want to be shooting a lot so 12% extra DPM actually helps.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

MoraleHazard posted:

I'd say use the torp reload or AA dps upgrades. The extra shell range isn't useful with your lovely arc, while the AA can be pretty decent with DF active and the torpedoes are really good.

I play my Fletcher like a Japanese DD that can push caps and murder every DD at close range except for the Khab and Gearing. Use those torps as much as possible, they're one of the all-round best types in the game.

Also you may want to consider respeccing into Survivability Expert if you don't already have it. DE is good for causing damage, but at those higher tiers loving everything has radar or hydro and you could really use the extra HP cushion.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
My winrate in the Freddie is 63% with 60K average damage. My winrate in the Currywurst is 23% with 100K average damage. No poo poo.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

El Disco posted:

I'd say use the torp reload or AA dps upgrades. The extra shell range isn't useful with your lovely arc, while the AA can be pretty decent with DF active and the torpedoes are really good.

I play my Fletcher like a Japanese DD that can push caps and murder every DD at close range except for the Khab and Gearing. Use those torps as much as possible, they're one of the all-round best types in the game.

Also you may want to consider respeccing into Survivability Expert if you don't already have it. DE is good for causing damage, but at those higher tiers loving everything has radar or hydro and you could really use the extra HP cushion.

Saving 15 seconds on the torp reload (106 seconds to 90) really isn't very useful in my opinion. If you, in a 20 minute match, fire your torps every single time they're up as soon as possible, that module gives you two extra salvos. Problem is, you never ever actually do that, and it's in my experience extremely rare that you find yourself in a situation where having your torps up 15 seconds earlier would have given you a meaningful advantage. You are a gun boat, you always want to be firing your guns. Get that main battery reload, it can be the difference between living and dying in a knife fight and it also indirectly boosts your fire chance.

If you want to play US DD's to their strengths (especially high tier ones) you need to be extremely aggressive against other DD's. You murder them in knife fights but if you stay at range your lovely arcs make it all but impossible for you to hit them. Your concealment is very good too. Get in there on the cap points (preferably with a cruiser buddy) and bully other DD's off of them. Your game only really begins once all the other DD's are either dead or hosed off somewhere on the other side of the map. Then you can sit in smoke and set BB's on fire and run around and stealth torp stuff.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 15, 2016

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

kaesarsosei posted:

I really disliked the Hipper. I would take NO, Chappy and best of all, pre-nerf 155mm Mogami over it for sure (never played post-nerf). I also just unlocked the Takao and my only game in it so far certainly supports the perceived wisdom that it shits all over every other T8 cruiser. 9.4km concealment on a Cruiser is loving insane to say nothing of the heal, better protected citadel and amazing torpedos. My only complaint was that the shells felt a little floaty but I have played a lot of Hindenberg recently.

On the other hand, the Yorck was probably my favourite tech-tree T7 CA although I've just got started on the Fiji.

The Hipper is a good ship. The thing about it is, particularly if you played those other ships first, it's really hard to wrap your head and play style around a tier 8 cruiser that shits AP all day rather than HE.

The Prong Song posted:

My winrate in the Freddie is 63% with 60K average damage. My winrate in the Currywurst is 23% with 100K average damage. No poo poo.

I played 6 matches in a row in my Bismarck last night and lost them all. The last was a 125,000 dmg, Confederate, High Caliber, and Kraken Unleashed (with two other minor ones thrown in there) game. :negative:

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 15, 2016

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Is there any reason to have 2 Anime Kongo's, if I sell one do I get to keep the port slot?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Aramoro posted:

Is there any reason to have 2 Anime Kongo's, if I sell one do I get to keep the port slot?

no and no, respectively.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

TheFluff posted:

Saving 15 seconds on the torp reload (106 seconds to 90) really isn't very useful. If you, in a 20 minute match, fire your torps every single time they're up as soon as possible, that module gives you two extra salvos. Problem is, you never ever actually do that, and it's in my experience extremely rare that you find yourself in a situation where having your torps up 15 seconds earlier would have given you a meaningful advantage. You are a gun boat, you always want to be firing your guns. Get that main battery reload, it can be the difference between living and dying in a knife fight and it also indirectly boosts your fire chance.

If you want to play US DD's to their strengths (especially high tier ones) you need to be extremely aggressive against other DD's. You murder them in knife fights but if you stay at range your lovely arcs make it all but impossible for you to hit them. Your concealment is very good too. Get in there on the cap points (preferably with a cruiser buddy) and bully other DD's off of them. Your game only really begins once all the other DD's are either dead or hosed off somewhere on the other side of the map. Then you can sit in smoke and set BB's on fire and run around and stealth torp stuff.

Thanks for the advice. I've respecced into SE and I'll get the reload upgrade.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Aramoro posted:

No. That's why they're in their Anime port only.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I don't tend to type much in game unless I specifically need someone to do something or someone tries to pick a fight. The scoreboard speaks for me.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

So there are rumors that the Missouri will get a radar consumable. Just to make sure that CAs had no unique capabilities any more.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

AfroSquirrel posted:

So there are rumors that the Missouri will get a radar consumable. Just to make sure that CAs had no unique capabilities any more.

I like playing cruisers way more than Battleships, but gently caress. They have zero purpose in high tiers.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

AfroSquirrel posted:

Don't high-tier German BBs already have radar?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Sperglord Actual posted:

Don't high-tier German BBs already have radar?

Sonar.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Rumor says it will be the 9k RADAR from the New Orleans, which is of limited utility to an Iowa. It also doesn't have a spotting plane.

Whatever, let me know when they add the New Jersey with a Tomahawk consumable :getin:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Vengarr posted:

Rumor says it will be the 9k RADAR from the New Orleans, which is of limited utility to an Iowa. It also doesn't have a spotting plane.

Whatever, let me know when they add the New Jersey with a Tomahawk consumable :getin:

That would be a funny April fools gag. Harpoon and Tomahawk STS missiles.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Spotting Plane is an utterly wasted consumable on T9-10 battleships anyways, so no loss there. Hell, I'd argue ANY battleship that already has a base range of 19+ is wasting a slot with the Spotting Plane, but maybe that's just me.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I don't think i'm ever going to go for another try your luck container again. They jiggered the RNG on it or something because they have been wall to wall poo poo for the last 30 attempts.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Lord Koth posted:

Spotting Plane is an utterly wasted consumable on T9-10 battleships anyways, so no loss there. Hell, I'd argue ANY battleship that already has a base range of 19+ is wasting a slot with the Spotting Plane, but maybe that's just me.

The Catapult fighter is definitely nice though, just for 5 minutes of random torp spotting.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Gwaihir posted:

The Catapult fighter is definitely nice though, just for 5 minutes of random torp spotting.

Yeah the fighter is pretty nice, was just referring to the Spotter in particular.

Also, so very, very tired of this poo poo. 3/13 between 8 games(2 wins) in my Nagato and 5(1 win) in my Saipan today. Running 74k average damage in both, and that includes both getting a match(2 for Nagato) where I did poo poo for damage. Second win in Nagato I turned in 150k damage, and I was STILL worried when I died that it wasn't enough to win. What the hell is with this just constant stream of complete poo poo teams that I get day after day after day? Clearly some people aren't dealing with this poo poo, given average win rates for the ships and players.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Lord Koth posted:

The angle the spotter plane gives is great for long-range shooting if you can master it.

I do think it should decrease dispersion or something while it's up though. It isn't tremendous and it has a stupid-long cooldown.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Vengarr posted:

The angle the spotter plane gives is great for long-range shooting if you can master it.

I do think it should decrease dispersion or something while it's up though. It isn't tremendous and it has a stupid-long cooldown.

Or hell, give them increased spotting range for ships and torps. Such that, it can still spot torps coming at you even from the opposite side of the ship.

Oh wait, that sounds like sonar that is counterable, nevermind.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Is there a point in reporting lovely players for "playing poorly"? Or is it just a way to redirect players' aggressiveness?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

No, it does nothing except give people an excuse to say "reported for playing poorly" in chat. To which you can reply "wargaming doesn't care".

Edit:

Man that stint in ranked really improved my gameplay for normal games.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Apparently it can cause temporary chat bans too. But yeah, there's no long-term effect of in-game reporting of any sort.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I don't think i'm ever going to go for another try your luck container again. They jiggered the RNG on it or something because they have been wall to wall poo poo for the last 30 attempts.

Well yeah, it was averaging one supercontainer per like 10-12 luck containers before, which is just crazy. It was obviously broken.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Lord Koth posted:

Apparently it can cause temporary chat bans too. But yeah, there's no long-term effect of in-game reporting of any sort.

I told no less than 2 dozen people in ranked to kill themselves IRL. I got one warning email and nothing else.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I told no less than 2 dozen people in ranked to kill themselves IRL. I got one warning email and nothing else.

Nah, from what I've heard it's receiving a bunch of misbehavior in chat reports in the same game results in a temporary chat ban, but nothing else. If you got an email, something else happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Lord Koth posted:

Nah, from what I've heard it's receiving a bunch of misbehavior in chat reports in the same game results in a temporary chat ban, but nothing else. If you got an email, something else happened.

Maybe one of the 2 dozen was a supertester or a forum mod or something.