Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Ultimatefire
May 6, 2013
This game is great! I didn't like uneditable Titan loadouts. But after playing a while I've started to appreciate the team fortress aspect of the Titan part of the match, and how powerful particle wall is, but no one used it last game because you needed cluster missile and smoke. I'm not ever feeling like a God or anything but sometimes I get cool stuff done or top the score board and it feels earned.

I'm on PS4 as Hobosplosion but I only see 1 or 2 people ever on the goon network.

I would take codes of things for whatever that is. But I understand if they get to more regular posters ha.

When I figure out how I'm going to put up cool clips like you cool guys do.

E:if this works here are clips of me learning Ronin. I find this is the best way for me to play him, heehee. They go together but I paused filming like an idiot when I could have had it run straight.

https://youtu.be/_kQivedSsQ0

https://youtu.be/CSRjtLEwxyg

Ultimatefire fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I'd appreciate some codes, if there are any left.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
man that gif of the epg orbiting the gravity star has me jonesing to get home from work today and try an epg + star loadout, as much as i know its gonna be dumb it just looks so funny. does the gravity star affect other weapons too? can i get my thunderbolt shot orbiting it for maximum area denial?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The amount of cool poo poo some of the weapons and titans can do makes it all the more frustrating the SMGs and Tone are pretty much the name of the game.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I don't have PM's so no codes for me. I'm on PS4 as DoctorCatHaver if someone needs to fill a team or shoot robits more.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

quite stretched out posted:

man that gif of the epg orbiting the gravity star has me jonesing to get home from work today and try an epg + star loadout, as much as i know its gonna be dumb it just looks so funny. does the gravity star affect other weapons too? can i get my thunderbolt shot orbiting it for maximum area denial?

Awww poo poo yes

https://gfycat.com/EcstaticBlankBlacklemur

chumbler posted:

The amount of cool poo poo some of the weapons and titans can do makes it all the more frustrating the SMGs and Tone are pretty much the name of the game.

:smith: Like how not-poo poo would Crash Site be if it was just grapples, EPG, and grav stars, le sighhh.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Please codes, my robot has children to feed.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I was trying out the Double-Take, and on that tall tower thing in Crash Site I was trying to pick off a dude way off in that canyon and he just whipped around and gunned me down with hipfire from the Volt. It's cool that all the guns are good but dang, some of them are good.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I'd love some codes, as we didn't get any promos here in the UK.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This game is too good to be this dead on PC :(

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008
pretty fun, on par with the first one for sure. I like that they have more choices when it comes to Titans, but as it has been mentioned, it's pretty much Tones and Legions running around with an odd Ronin here or there. And no option for the default single-player weapon chaingun, which was my favorite from the 1st (although particle wall is so much better than bullet shield). Can't seem to find any pilot weapons appreciably better than the default assault rifle, although the auto-shotgun has it's place.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
Scorch for life

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Got Tone to late G2, now run Scorch and Ronin for maximum fun-having times

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Sup fam, papa is back. Just got a ton more fatty dew codes

Here's the deal. If you haven't gotten any I'll send you three. If you got some from me but didn't unlock what you wanted I'll send you two more. It's not so you can have double xp

rememeber these go on the dewanddoritos.com website not the titanfall one. You can look up more info on it yourself. Post here first, then I'll PM you. Don't PM me

holla

I have yet to get codes and would appreciate some.

In payment I will seek out and post more gifs of body slamming titans.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
After tinkerin around for some matches running stim/gravnade/epg/thunderball I'd say it's neat and fun but less neat and fun the more the other team can aim and is using the Good(TM) stuff. Stim felt better than cloak or grapple (argh if only you could shoot!), ordnance expert so the grenade is ready. Run around with the grenade button held (hope it's on your mouse) since there's no cooking and you can die in the time the full throw animation takes, having it ready to rip gives you a tiny bit more time.

https://gfycat.com/OffensiveUnequaledFeline
https://gfycat.com/TightDizzyAddax

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Holy poo poo I'm running this when I level next.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
I'd love some codes if there's any left.

edit: Much appreciated!

Darke GBF fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 15, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

a real chump posted:

Please codes, my robot has children to feed.

Cat Machine posted:

I'd love some codes, as we didn't get any promos here in the UK.

Didn't I send you both codes already? :colbert:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't get the reaper hate. They are easy money in a Titan and not too bad on foot. I think I've been killed by a reaper a whopping 2 times

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'd personally like to see much more lethal grunts or at least a mode like that.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 15, 2016

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

You sent me codes but I still haven't gotten the execution. Send some my way if no one else asks.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Would love a code if you still have them. This bad country has Dew & Doritos in some bigger stores but they don't have codes on them!

Got to Gen2 Tone yesterday, that gold skin owns.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

i'd like some codes, if there's still any going

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Have they pulled maps out of the cycle? I haven't seen that awful Corporate map that's set all indoors since release day. Note: I only play attrition and bounty hunt. Do certain maps only show in certain modes?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Snuffman posted:

Have they pulled maps out of the cycle? I haven't seen that awful Corporate map that's set all indoors since release day. Note: I only play attrition and bounty hunt. Do certain maps only show in certain modes?

Nah I've gotten the terrible indoor map recently.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

In a pm? I dun have any from you. I wonder if the name change breaks pms.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Thanks to whoever said they get more kills with the charge rifle in Coliseum compared to the EPG. I got a ticket so I decided to try it and ended up getting this:

:feelsgood:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

nothing in my PMs :confused:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Pulling batteries, powering up buddies, and actually shooting at titans gets me my titan all day long. If literally anyone else on xbone figures this secret strategy out then my edge is going to be gone.

veni veni veni posted:

I don't get the reaper hate. They are easy money in a Titan and not too bad on foot. I think I've been killed by a reaper a whopping 2 times

The act of killing them is a time-consuming annoyance in an otherwise very fast game.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I hate when you steal someone's battery then try to jump away during some chaotic mess and end up on another enemies Titan

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I hate when you steal someone's battery then try to jump away during some chaotic mess and end up on another enemies Titan

You survived electric smoke once, now do it twice, pilot!

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
how do you actually get colosseum tickets

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

earlier tonight i managed to get killed because i leapt at where an enemy pilot was going to be to shotgun him in the face, but unfortunately an enemy titan walked slightly too close to the arc of my jump and i ended up rodeoing him instead

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

how do you actually get colosseum tickets
advocate gifts

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
ah cool, cheers. i thought it might be that given that a mate with probably not even half as much time as me had got one but i didnt. i figure it gives you more than just one or two advocate gifts as a reward at the end then?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ah cool, cheers. i thought it might be that given that a mate with probably not even half as much time as me had got one but i didnt. i figure it gives you more than just one or two advocate gifts as a reward at the end then?

If you win, you get one advocate gift. You can also pay 10 credits to play a match.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Well finally got to play thanks to Gamefly, and while the single player was fun(except for Viper), the multiplayer is still in my opinion an unenjoyable mess(indeed it's somehow worse than the beta was, even with the addition of Attrition) especially with the ridiculously low TTK in both Pilot and Titan aspects of play

Still stand by my opinion that pretty much every change they made between games was both completely unnecessary and robbed it of being any fun as a multiplayer experience, really makes me glad I didn't buy it, would have been a huge waste of my money

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
Is it even possible to play a game this fast on a streaming service...?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Senethro posted:

Is it even possible to play a game this fast on a streaming service...?

Wasn't streaming it, got a disc for the PS4 version

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
You're not the first person to complain about pilot TTK being low compared to the first game and I sometimes wonder if I played the same Titanfall 1. I played the first game a bunch in the 2 weeks running up to Titanfall 2's release as sort of a send off and the pilot TTK is about the same in that you can zip someone real goddamn fast if you land your shots. The datamined stats for both games backs this up too, as even though they reduced pilot health to 100 (from 200), all the returning weapons have their damage halved or worse (notably the Spitfire's optimal damage went from 70, or a 3 shot kill, to 25, or a 4 shot kill), while most of the other stats have stayed the same. If anything, the TTK in Titanfall 2 is on average higher due to most weapons retaining far less damage at range compared to the first game*, and how weapons actually have a set distance where you can no longer get headshots.

*R-201 being a good example here, with the R-101C from Titanfall 1 going from 50 damage dropping down to 40 damage at range, whereas the R-201 in Titanfall 2 going from 25 damage, to 17 damage, and then finally to 10 damage at range (damage being steps in Titanfall 2 rather than dropping linearly like the first game).

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I played the the first Titanfall an absolute shitload and the pilot TTK is basically exactly the same as it always was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

monkeu posted:

I played the the first Titanfall an absolute shitload and the pilot TTK is basically exactly the same as it always was.

This.

Titan TTK on the whole is a lot lower because of the lack of regenerating shields, which isn't great IMO.