Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Sagebrush posted:

the "in men we trust" is one of the more sexist things i've ever seen in mass-market advertising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWpxdMxQE-Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Angry White Moo Cow

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

ADINSX posted:

That might be the grossest thing I've ever loving seen

A Chinese journalist uncovering these operations was murdered presumably for his work. He might have been the guy who shot the linked video, I'm not sure.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Xiang_(journalist)

I'm going to China on Sunday, I'll post a gutter oil trip report :okpos:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i know a guy who lives on the very street those people were fishing oil out of

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

:thejoke:

Phone posted:

want to see pictures of my miatas!?

it is a real shame that mazda got ahold of that phrase before any motorcycle manufacturer did. i made some vinyl cutouts of the characters and stuck em on my helmet tho

seems like you could just give em a real vacuum cleaner and save tons of time on chores

anthonypants posted:

wanna see one of these but with fitted sheets

i would buy that robot for any price

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

i dunno, i had to carpool with a friend for our user meeting for a week this year and she said i spend a lot of time with the pedal floored yelling "SUCK MY DICK MOTHERFUCKER"

i am quite road ragey when people do dumb stuff in front of me. i'm not gonna chase someone or ram them off the road or w/e but i definitely yell at them sarcastically

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i'm

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hijx8U_nIL8

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Sagebrush posted:

seems like you could just give em a real vacuum cleaner and save tons of time on chores

but then what would they have to yearn for all that time as they grew older before they were given rights to a real one?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

a sexual elk posted:

For your MAN rear end

pages back but i just want to point out that the Ds in dude are butt cheeks and the U is the wipe

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
https://twitter.com/Veitstanz/status/798256358512623616

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
http://www.cagepotato.com/lets-talk-about-dude-wipes-for-a-minute/

tl;dr they are baby wipes that smell like axe body spray.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

http://www.cagepotato.com/lets-talk-about-dude-wipes-for-a-minute/

tl;dr they are baby wipes that smell like a surprising infection.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

i really wish the game parts of spore had been good

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ImFrTq3hNg

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

douglas reynholm is our president now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

i really wish the game parts of spore had been good

i have a theory that the better a game sounds when described, the worse it is in practice, and vice versa

description: a space game where you can play as a pilot in a living, breathing universe with thousands of other players, with your own personal starship that you can customize down to the color of the lights in your stateroom
reality: star citizen

description: a game where you play as a passport inspector in a soviet state and never leave your border checkpoint booth
reality: papers, please

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

Agile Vector posted:

douglas reynholm is our president now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XuSPN9IelE&t=11s

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Sagebrush posted:

i have a theory that the better a game sounds when described, the worse it is in practice, and vice versa

description: a space game where you can play as a pilot in a living, breathing universe with thousands of other players, with your own personal starship that you can customize down to the color of the lights in your stateroom
reality: star citizen

description: a game where you play as a passport inspector in a soviet state and never leave your border checkpoint booth
reality: papers, please

a game where you run and jump on things and you collect stuff
reality: all the good games

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
a game where you specifically avoid fighting monsters, and then you cry
reality: undertale, or maybe amnesia depending on whether you're crying from emotions or terror

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
this breaks down when you try to explain the greatest game ever, morrowind, because there's no way to distill its majesty into a single sentence except maybe

bitches aint poo poo but nwahs and swits

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/ScottFMorgan/status/798262505688723468?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

this breaks down when you try to explain the greatest game ever, morrowind, because there's no way to distill its majesty into a single sentence except maybe

a game where you play a foreigner murdering the local religion's gods

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

keyboard vomit posted:

a game where you play a foreigner murdering the local religion's gods

*extremely theodosius voice* hell yeah polytheism sucks

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i find it highly unlikely that the leader of such note would lower himself to work with someone so evil

dr. doom has standards after all

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

BANME.sh posted:

1) cotton swabs have fallen out of favor by heath professionals as a way to clean wax out of your ears because of the risk of injury
2) stores don't even put cotton swabs in the "ear care" aisle anymore
3) manufacturers are trying everything they can to advertise alternate uses for cotton swabs
4) unnecessary overly masculine branding on cotton swabs packaging is funny, i guess they want to target the demographic of men who for some reason think buying cotton swabs is effeminate.

I actually only use them for swabbing lacquer thinner onto parts of my airbrush when I clean it.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

:rock:

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

something something outlander

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

it blows my mind how many absurd venture bros schticks are taken right from the comics

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I actually only use them for swabbing lacquer thinner onto parts of my airbrush when I clean it.

I still shove them way up my ear because it feels FUCKIN GREAT.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhTLDV9qPZ4

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

i'm sure computers couldn't race cars well. folding a towel requires finess but you're right, driving a car "well", also known as "getting to your destination without crashing" is somewhat simple. fact is most people can do it while texting and drinking a coffee while stoned

racing cars is considerably simpler to automate than driving them on the road. you've got a much simpler "universe" for them - everything's moving in the same direction, there are no pedestrians or people stopping for no loving reason, and the consequences for failure are far less. williams were confident in the 90s they could take the meatbag entirely out of the loop within 10 years for f1 racing and bmw continued their research and had an automated m5 going around the nurburgring long before google et. al. even entered the arena. nobody's really bothered to actually enter them in a race because obviously it's banned in every single racing formula and who would watch motorsports if there wasn't a chance of hearing the words "couldn't find the head"?

e: see also flying a plane, something that requires a shitload more training and expertise than driving a car, which could be made completely autonomous tomorrow if people weren't terrified of not having a human being to blame when it all goes wrong

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/newscientist/status/798425143580229633

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

You Am I posted:

Angry White Moo Cow

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Doctor Doom is marvel's best villain and Fox is holding him hostage

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Honk honk hier ist mein clown bike

Only registered members can see post attachments!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

goddamnedtwisto posted:

racing cars is considerably simpler to automate than driving them on the road. you've got a much simpler "universe" for them - everything's moving in the same direction, there are no pedestrians or people stopping for no loving reason, and the consequences for failure are far less. williams were confident in the 90s they could take the meatbag entirely out of the loop within 10 years for f1 racing and bmw continued their research and had an automated m5 going around the nurburgring long before google et. al. even entered the arena. nobody's really bothered to actually enter them in a race because obviously it's banned in every single racing formula and who would watch motorsports if there wasn't a chance of hearing the words "couldn't find the head"?

e: see also flying a plane, something that requires a shitload more training and expertise than driving a car, which could be made completely autonomous tomorrow if people weren't terrified of not having a human being to blame when it all goes wrong

:monocle:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

in supermarkets here tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

in supermarkets here tomorrow

Might be good.