Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Just Chamber posted:

Thought I'd give this a shot, this is the best i've done after a bunch of rolls, should i keep re-rolling or stick?

Dragonsong Flute
Queen Vampire
Odin
Arch Summoner Erasmus x 2 (one is animated so yay vials?)
Cystalia Tia
Lord of the Flies

Also unless i'm missing something after the tutorial I only get 10 standard packs and 15 of the expansion, in this thread others have mentioned getting way more standard packs so not sure if they've changed that, thinking i should re-roll but as im getting less packs...

It's a pretty mediocre roll, you can save the account and keep trying to reroll for a better one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Got the legendary all animated pack including my first animated legendary

I should be happy and I am a little bit but at the same time, ehh, meeehhhhh ehhhh

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Cerberus
Otohime
Prince of darkness
Bloody mary
Alexander
Dark angel Olivia
Erasmus

Decent start? Best I've got after like 15 rolls

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah that's good

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What am I missing about Vampiric Fortress? I just lost a game because it didn't blow up after playing it onto a board of Vania and three bats.

Discorporation
Oct 11, 2004

fadam posted:

What am I missing about Vampiric Fortress? I just lost a game because it didn't blow up after playing it onto a board of Vania and three bats.

When your turn ended, there were 5 cards in play, not four. It triggers on four.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

fadam posted:

it has to actually summon a bat to trigger. so it can only trigger the sac effect with if there are only three creatures

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
When will japanese card game developers realize that cards that give you extra turns are always bullshit, and always bite balancing in the rear end later down the life of the game.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

When will japanese card game developers realize that cards that give you extra turns are always bullshit, and always bite balancing in the rear end later down the life of the game.

http://mtg.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Walk

But agreed.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

That costs two mana. What.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Clarste posted:

That costs two mana. What.

Early Magic wasn't known for being balanced. :P

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the actual design philosophy was that people would be playing for ante anyway, so overpowered cards were balanced because you might lose them

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
that. uh, didn't stick

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Been re-rolling all day. Not had any luck so far, good thing Nox makes it easy to re-roll.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

:toot:

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
Just got 3 crystal tias within 5 packs. She seems cool.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Right after I complained yesterday now today i get my second animated legendary and it's a Skullfane, my fourth one :negative:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Right after I complained yesterday now today i get my second animated legendary and it's a Skullfane, my fourth one :negative:

Only one path to absolution remains: utter nihilism.

MagusProject
Apr 20, 2008
So I've just started playing this; really enjoying faeries & undead, but I beelined to get Skeleton Duelist Bloke to get away from the kid character you otherwise get stuck as. My ID is 227 871 187. I'd be happy to take advice & play casual matches.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Couldn't screenshot on my phone but got my first two legendary in one pack. It's a Cerberus and Aurelia!

However, I already own 3 of them. They could have thrown me a bone and make them at least animated. Oh well, 2000 free vials.

I'm contemplating liquifying my second Tsubaki, I don't see any swordcraft deck where I might need two.

Working with shadowcraft , I feel like it's really weak. An aggro deck using Cerberus + Phantom Howl 9 instant face damage but it runs out of gas past turn 7. I can't SMOrc early since everyone runs the dancing unicorn girl. What cards can I add to give it some steam later in the game? Mordecai is too slow.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Lord Ephraim posted:

Couldn't screenshot on my phone but got my first two legendary in one pack. It's a Cerberus and Aurelia!

However, I already own 3 of them. They could have thrown me a bone and make them at least animated. Oh well, 2000 free vials.

I'm contemplating liquifying my second Tsubaki, I don't see any swordcraft deck where I might need two.

Working with shadowcraft , I feel like it's really weak. An aggro deck using Cerberus + Phantom Howl 9 instant face damage but it runs out of gas past turn 7. I can't SMOrc early since everyone runs the dancing unicorn girl. What cards can I add to give it some steam later in the game? Mordecai is too slow.

Cursed Soldier does 4 face damage for 4 Shadows

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, what would you guys think is the average player level on non-ranked? I just did a few runs (11) in order to clear some quests and didn't see a single deck that was not expensive as gently caress, non-traditional, but these are obviously not newbies? To be honest it would have been easier to win in my current C4 level.

Is there an ELO system for it or is it just ranks anybody against anybody?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

if it is anything like hearthstone the only people in casual are guys trying out stupid gimmick decks without ruining their rank

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I played practically constructed Forestcraft in arena. Still lost a game to sword after beating through Aurelia and Frontline Guard. In the final game, an opponent had evolved Siegfried (5/3 atm) and Lucifer out against my 3 2/1s. No problem! Play the +1/+0 fanfare fairy, crash a 3/1 into Siegfried, Fairy Trickery or whatever it is the fanfare back to my hand bouncing his evolved Lucifer to hand. Board cleared. Play fanfare fairy again, the two 2/1s are now swinging for 4 each and there comes the concede.

Forestcraft is loving insane (and I'm salty that any old sword deck apparently still has a hell of a good shot against it in arena).

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Just downloaded this and I'm excited to get playing. Right now I'm rerolling and writing my NaNoWriMo novel in between rerolls. I'm only on my 2nd one but I think I should have taken a better look at my first one because I get the feeling I had a lot more nice things in it. I got greedy, though, and thought I could get even better and my 2nd one has been crap. Here's hoping I can manage to get a nice set of pulls sometime tonight.

I'm playing the Japanese version since that's the region my Apple account is in. Hopefully this isn't going to screw me over like it did with Final Fantasy Record Keeper (I couldn't do any dailies because the game server thought it was one day and my phone thought it was another).

I saw people whining about the creepy anime art in this game so I thought it was going to be something like Monster Monpiece but actually I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the art is. Even the skimpier outfits seem more tasteful than I was expecting, and there's a lot of really, really good art too. I'm looking forward to making decks with some of these cards I'm seeing while I flip through my pulls.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There's no regional account differences. Hell you can play the straight up Japanese version on Steam if you so like.

Also yeah Cygames basically has the best artists in mobile gaming.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
every time I win with midrange sword, my opponent rage dc's

just save me the 30 seconds.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I read this post over the weekend and decided to give this game a shot, my first pulls included a Cerberus, 2x Dark Angels, A lord of the flies, A Sun Oracle, and an unlisted legendary. Seemed like a decent pull but didn't really appeal to me, after a few days and well over a dozen re-rolls I finally got another decent starting pull.

I can stop re-rolling now right? Blood and Forest are the two classes that interest me the most, so this looks to be a decent start, the golds are kinda good too.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Just hit A0 with the last climb on the back of aggro blood. It keeps stealing free wins but I don't know where its ceiling is gonna be. I want to get another deck going but things are so goddamned expensive. Sitting on blood aggro, Dshift rune, and storm haven.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Fenris13 posted:

I read this post over the weekend and decided to give this game a shot, my first pulls included a Cerberus, 2x Dark Angels, A lord of the flies, A Sun Oracle, and an unlisted legendary. Seemed like a decent pull but didn't really appeal to me, after a few days and well over a dozen re-rolls I finally got another decent starting pull.

I can stop re-rolling now right? Blood and Forest are the two classes that interest me the most, so this looks to be a decent start, the golds are kinda good too.

Yes

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, basically as long as I draw well I can beat most stuff with alwida-less banner (I have a Tsubaki and some that 7pp ninja that summons a copy instead). Seems like the trick against the more powerful decks is to prioritize flooding the board and hiding your banner for a bit. Lots of people don't consider the small hits they get hit with too threatening and when the banner finally drops things get out of their hands quickly. So they begin using all the bullshit OP cards they have in hand but usually they usually cannot kill all of my cockroaches before they die.

Unless they are scumbag Havens (You guys should be ashamed of playing that class, at least D-Shift takes skill), who always seem to have a board clear. In that case I just don't over-extend and prioritize keeping storm cards on my hand.

A question: what do you guys consider to be the best opening hand for banner. Vangard, Oathless/Ascetic, Maid?

Edit: And the card that causes the most ragequits is the ruthless assassin. Haha, gently caress your Aurelias.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 15, 2016

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

trucutru posted:

A question: what do you guys consider to be the best opening hand for banner. Vangard, Oathless/Ascetic, Maid?

I like Quickblader, Maid, Novice for putting people on the defense a little quicker

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

I like Quickblader, Maid, Novice for putting people on the defense a little quicker

The more I play the more I prefer to not use my quickbladers at the start, since against many decks the only way to beat them is with damage out of hand. The blader will do one extra damage than the vanguard in turn one, but he can be the difference between victory and defeat in the late game.

On an unrelated note

:eyepop:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
yeah i mean, fairies are just bats but with better combos, and rhinoceroach is an insane finisher compared to i dunno name a card aggro vampy has

not to mention elf child may is like insane amounts of tempo advantage, and forest has liza for angelic barrage protection.

the main advantage that aggro vampy has over any forest list is reach, but that doesn't come up in this matchup, because a lot would have to go wrong for the forest player to lose board control by that large of a margin.

also fairy beast

Zoness fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Nov 15, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I have officially retired my Pascale deck in A rank. It's just not nearly fast enough or slow enough. I'm not entirely sure how they could buff it, given its general strategy, but I think maybe an aggressive and/or sticky 3 cost follower might help a lot. Or not.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i cant deal with 3 wind gods in this last forest story mission. rip

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/798436366400925696

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I'd play more Take Two (I really need Lord of the Flies) but every match my opponent topdecks Olivia and you lose due to a huge momentum swing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Is that an extra pack, or instead of the Standard pack you normally get? Because if it's just replacing it then I don't really see the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

The japanese twitter announcement confirms that it's just replacing the standard pack reward.

• Locked thread