Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The name Switch is a secret ploy by LGBT activisits to shove their agenda about gender fluidity down the throats of children, discuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Guy Goodbody posted:

You said that the Switch didn't have enough units shipped for everyone who wanted to get one before Christmas, and people who couldn't get one for Christmas would decide just not to get one.

That's solved by the Switch launching in March instead of November.

I said that about the NES Mini, not the Switch. I said that to illustrate that underproducing the Switch by too much could lead to it missing its moment in a similar way, which is in fact possible. I'm not sitting here throwing out absolutes about poo poo that hasn't happened yet, but I do think it's possible. Creating a long backlog for something that's not as in-demand by the mainstream as the Wii gives a lot of people a lot of time to decide they don't need one.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

The name Switch is a secret ploy by LGBT activisits to shove their agenda about gender fluidity down the throats of children, discuss

literally a theory that has more merit than anything comparing the switch to the mini

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
They Named The Seventh Nintendo The Nintendo Switch

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm not sure I'm sold on this Nintendos Witch thing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheScott2K posted:

I said that about the NES Mini, not the Switch. I said that to illustrate that underproducing the Switch by too much could lead to it missing its moment in a similar way, which is in fact possible. I'm not sitting here throwing out absolutes about poo poo that hasn't happened yet, but I do think it's possible. Creating a long backlog for something that's not as in-demand by the mainstream as the Wii gives a lot of people a lot of time to decide they don't need one.

Oh yeah, I meant the NES mini.

It's still a bad comparison. The Mini is a one-and-done impulse purchase. The Switch is a video game system that will have more games for it in the future.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

Oh yeah, I meant the NES mini.

It's still a bad comparison. The Mini is a one-and-done impulse purchase. The Switch is a video game system that will have more games for it in the future.

I really hope Nintendo has learned their lesson and set up a decent flow of first-party titles for the first year or two. Man that WiiU drought was bad.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR7Q2rHiwvg

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
etika is a real ninja and i believe [donates half his child's college fund, 50$]

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm gonna get me a switch to play zelda on in march for 249 usd yall

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
you know that etika's hit the bigtime now that clickbait is being made with him being reacted to rather than the him being the reactor

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Raserys posted:

you know that etika's hit the bigtime now that clickbait is being made with him being reacted to rather than the him being the reactor

Is it the end times yet? This is one of the signs of the Apocalypse, right?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

I really hope Nintendo has learned their lesson and set up a decent flow of first-party titles for the first year or two. Man that WiiU drought was bad.

You do realize that the shortage of NES minis is because Nintendo has most of their production capacity currently preparing for the switch launch right? Like they don't get to a week before launch and think gee whiz maybe we better start making some consoles. Honestly you people have no idea how electronics are produced

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I'm going to buy a Nintendo and get a new Mario and and a new Zelda on launch day I'm p stoked about this tbqh

Nov 24, 2014

A few pages back now, but surely a pack in game for the switch would have multiplayer using the Joy-Cons? Mario kart or a 3d World successor or something.

Breath of the wild is too "normal", and too much of a guaranteed seller to pack in at launch imo.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wii U came with Nintendoland. Switch will come with Nintendo World.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
They should bundle a NES classic with every switch

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Wandle Cax posted:

You do realize that the shortage of NES minis is because Nintendo has most of their production capacity currently preparing for the switch launch right? Like they don't get to a week before launch and think gee whiz maybe we better start making some consoles. Honestly you people have no idea how electronics are produced

Isn't Foxconn doing the actual manufacturing of the Switch, and not some weird Nintendo branded video game Wonka factory that so many people envision?

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
A lot of people ITT saying Nintendo won't delay Zelda again. These dopes are technically correct, since Zelda is only listed as a "2017" release rather than a "March 2017" release. In fact, they deliberately announced the Zelda delay from Holiday 2016 to the ambiguous 2017 on the same day that they announced both the NX version of Zelda and that the NX was launching in March 2017, as if to shine a super obvious spotlight on the fact that it probably wouldn't be a launch title so that nerds couldn't complain about even more delays in 2017.

Little does Nintendo nerds that complaining nerds always find a way....

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They may very well delay it, but Emily Rogers underlying assumptions based on the info she got are really dumb, and I'm a huge Rogers advocate. She's made some really dumb assumptions about this game in particular, like it's a blind spot.

If they do delay it it won't be because they had the translation done "only" three months in advance and had to not do any testing until it was done.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Isn't Foxconn doing the actual manufacturing of the Switch, and not some weird Nintendo branded video game Wonka factory that so many people envision?

Foxconn, Misumi, Hoseidon, several manufacturers licensed by Nintendo. All of whom are currently working like santa's elves to prepare for the switch lunch. The little nes toy is hardly a priority at this time

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I laughed at 573 posting street

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

instead of making a new Zelda nintendo should make a device that implants new childhood memories of old new zeldas directly into my brain

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

greatn posted:

They may very well delay it, but Emily Rogers underlying assumptions based on the info she got are really dumb, and I'm a huge Rogers advocate. She's made some really dumb assumptions about this game in particular, like it's a blind spot.

If they do delay it it won't be because they had the translation done "only" three months in advance and had to not do any testing until it was done.

I mean you could assume she isn't actually an idiot and is taking that into consideration?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Tender Bender posted:

I mean you could assume she isn't actually an idiot and is taking that into consideration?

I dunno, she's been posting some of her game opinions lately.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Soul Glo posted:

I'm going to buy a Nintendo and get a new Mario and and a new Zelda on launch day I'm p stoked about this tbqh

:yeah:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

bad news: zelda is delayed (again!)

good news: a new zelda themed switch console!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Wandle Cax posted:

Nintendo contracted me to build the NES mini by hand in my garage, so believe me, I KNOW what a pain in the rear end it is

Edit: Zelda is delayed because I hired the entire game development studio to hand write every NES mini user manual

Lemming fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 15, 2016

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Wandle Cax posted:

You're right, it's not like Nintendo has an established recent history of releasing hot new products to crippling shortages. The NES Classic is clearly just an outlier...

Next these lunatics will try to have us believe that Nintendo makes small initial product runs and then slowly ramps up. Like it's some sort of established corporate pattern.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Can't wait to play BotW on launch day and hear about how Emily's tweet once again mysteriously vanished and how her "sources were wrong again haha oops"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

youre obsessed

Spellman
May 31, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can't wait to play BotW on launch day and hear about how Emily's tweet once again mysteriously vanished and how her "sources were wrong again haha oops"

Spellman fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 15, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

fixed

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Q_res posted:

You're right, it's not like Nintendo has an established recent history of

It's not really history if it's recent. And it's not really established if it's recent. A few recent non-major console products dosn't compare to this. And in the case of the Wii it was unprecedented demand.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Did she reject you when you tried hitting on her or something because you're really weird about how much you love tearing her down.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ometeotl posted:

Did she reject you when you tried hitting on her or something because you're really weird about how much you love tearing her down.

What a weird thing to say lmao. Just because I say "I bet she's wrong again" doesn't mean I'm tearing her down.

People brought her up, I tossed my 2 cents in in what I thought was a goofy enough way and that was it. Hell I didn't even come here to post about it originally. I wanted to see if anyone was saying anything about Etika's probably fake switch as I'm unfamiliar with 3D Printed stuff and figured it would be mentioned here v:v:v

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 15, 2016

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Eurogamer claims that an independent source other than Emily Rogers corroborated for them:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-15-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-will-miss-nintendo-switch-launch

They mention it may launch with a new Mario, instead.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Hopefully it'll be delayed until Summer, so I can play The Greatest Game of All Time without real life interruptions.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

breath of the wild is delayed-est game in the zelda series, coming in march !!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Just a word from the inside, but if you're excited for a new Mario, you may find a dog-gone good time bonus game on your new console's pack-in cartridge..... classic gamers will understand.

• Locked thread