Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
clearly the only option is a Dragon 5N. youll be immune to those nasty upcoming uac nerfs and you can feel all smug and superior!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
My superious smugness is only matched by Trump, so ill pass on the dragon.

Black Knight looks interesting, if a little boring on the variety. Also buildwise its kinda like laservomit warhammers with lower hardpoints and more tonnage.
Thunderbolts it is then.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
i'm gonna buy a dragon

e: Turns out that the dragon is not actually a good enough mech to duel KDK3s reliably.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Nov 15, 2016

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Cease to Hope posted:

Knights are better, Thuds are more versatile. Since its you, Yoloman, I'd just get a Dragon so you have a mech to whine about when you lose all the time.

:owned:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

:mediocre:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

:c00lbutt::c00lbutt::c00lbutt::c00lbutt::c00lbutt:::c00lbutt:::c00lbutt:

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Would you drop me? I'd drop me hard.

GOODBYE HORSESSSSSS

Commoners fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Nov 15, 2016

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I would like to point out that the 'ncixmech' redeem code mech has a sweet rear end default paint job. And apparently I need to get in on decals.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Commoners posted:

Would you drop me? I'd drop me hard.

GOODBYE HORSESSSSSS

Does this mean you are back, Commoners? I'm on 3rd shift, so I haven't seen you in Overwatch, at least.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Get catapults.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Great Beer posted:

Get catapults.

Are the LRMs that intense now?

edit: oh, under maintenance, guess we'll see.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Ash Rose posted:

Are the LRMs that intense now?

edit: oh, under maintenance, guess we'll see.

The -A1 is a legitimately frightening SRM bomber

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Pattonesque posted:

The -A1 is a legitimately frightening SRM bomber

To be sure, it was way funnier pre-clans and ghost heat, and devs were aghast It could 3-shot a stationary Atlas so they just HAD to put in ghost heat.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

You can put LRMs on a catapult? I guess its technically possible. But no. you should be doing this:

K2 (i like lbx 10s shut up): http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=19&l=64d5c0cf2335438a786bd588eeee217643174469
A1 (SRM bomber): http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=13&l=1930e5f09d455783f0ec787b1029aa3a51d7898d
C4 (my personal favorite): http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=24&l=1f921a86c48974d6ebac5161b9e756e2ce2fc986

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Nothing wrong with loving LB10s. My current Marauder build of choice is two of those and 4 MLs with a STD 300.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=325&l=a4781b3eb7e6cc4183d3e5a97605e60c0d56de2e

I hear u liek LB10s

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
4 LB10s is how I run my Kodiak and it just kinda clicks more to me than the UAC one.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

IME you don't need that much ammo, you won't live that long, and keeping them in the ears is making you even more susceptible to disarmament. Drop 150 missiles and some leg armour for two heatsinks. If you have an XL295 laying around, an extra jump jet is very useful too.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Ash Rose posted:

4 LB10s is how I run my Kodiak and it just kinda clicks more to me than the UAC one.

Probably because you prefer single shot weapons over the Clan UACs. It's cool, my Carebear runs with a LB20 over a UAC20.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Kill Jester

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I mean, I don't LRM much but when I do it's pretty much that but with armor instead of artemis, full on everything that matters: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=212&l=c668a182935c49ea8b976f22380bba6367ddfe5c

When you're firing 80 tubes of LRMs the precision doesn't matter that much.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

aniviron posted:

I mean, I don't LRM much but when I do it's pretty much that but with armor instead of artemis, full on everything that matters: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=212&l=c668a182935c49ea8b976f22380bba6367ddfe5c

When you're firing 80 tubes of LRMs the precision doesn't matter that much.

kill jester

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
shooting robots on the mumble

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Centurion AL with 3x LPLs and a XL 275 with Ferro Fibrous and Endo Steel is stupid fun. Can't fill 0.06 tons though. Anyone else have suggestions for it?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

Centurion AL with 3x LPLs and a XL 275 with Ferro Fibrous and Endo Steel is stupid fun. Can't fill 0.06 tons though. Anyone else have suggestions for it?

Nothing else can really fit in there unless you drastically shave off armor. Just leave it as is.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
1/2 ton of mg ammo. CT or head only.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

armchairyoda posted:

1/2 ton of mg ammo. CT or head only.

im good

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Skoll posted:

Nothing else can really fit in there unless you drastically shave off armor. Just leave it as is.

I hereby request that Skoll can no longer bitch about MWO until he logs in and participates in pub herding.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Artificer posted:

You could strip your shield arm and run AMS, might be worth it for this particular week.

TBH though I much prefer to run with two mediums in the CT and a standard engine. The mounts are so low you usually need to get close anyway.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

veedubfreak posted:

I hereby request that Skoll can no longer bitch about MWO until he logs in and participates in pub herding.

I hereby request that veedub can no longer post.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Cease to Hope posted:

I hereby request that veedub can no longer post.

I would make more sense to tell him to no longer bitch about cheaters, until he's actually encountering one.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I would make more sense to tell him to no longer bitch about cheaters, until he's actually encountering one.

I no longer bitch about cheaters because they're everywhere and I don't give a gently caress.

Also I hope Skoll's back is better, so he can pull the stick out his rear end.

But seriously, I hope your back is better Skoll.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 16, 2016

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The stick was in my rear end long before I hurt my back. I'm just an angry person.

And MWO is like Eve, you win by not playing.

In your case, you'd win by not giving them any more money.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
So did the patch end the world or is it the same as it ever was?
Ultras broken or usable?
Can i finally fire 3 clan-LLs without melting?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Same poo poo as usual. Lots of people using dual CERPPCs in summoner nipples or hunchback IIC hunches because some high tier player apparently popularized them. Most people are terrible at aiming them and mitigating damage with poptarting because they don't understand what the gently caress they're doing, so they're not really much of a threat. Streaks are still garbage because they probably have the worst damage spread possible out of anything in the game, but the IS ones are at least usable now thanks to having 1.5 second shaved off their cooldown.

Clan autocannons are a marginally less godlike, but otherwise everything is pretty much the same.

Still experimenting with it, but the kit fox may become a usable mech with the release of its hero version, because it uses a smaller engine than the arctic cheetah and can have no hard mounted jumpjets, which means you can mount 8 small pulse lasers and 2 machine guns on it (albeit without ECM, with ECM you just have to shave off a gun or two and you're still packing major heat.) It is also very heavily quirked, unlike the cheetah which gets jack squat for omnipod bonuses.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Commoners posted:

Still experimenting with it, but the kit fox may become a usable mech with the release of its hero version, because it uses a smaller engine than the arctic cheetah and can have no hard mounted jumpjets, which means you can mount 8 small pulse lasers and 2 machine guns on it (albeit without ECM, with ECM you just have to shave off a gun or two and you're still packing major heat.) It is also very heavily quirked, unlike the cheetah which gets jack squat for omnipod bonuses.

If only clan small lasers didnt ghost heat over 6.
And shared a ghost heat group with mediums.

Id rather go with 6 pulses and ecm over 8 pulses with no ecm tbh.
Which brings us back to the artic cheetah with its "+20% broken hitboxes" quirk.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Yes, but on the other hand

I have shoved eight medium pulse lasers onto a kit fox.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Commoners posted:

Yes, but on the other hand

I have shoved eight medium pulse lasers onto a kit fox.

If you can handle the ghost heat or stagger 2x4 thats totally fine.
The game favours still 1-button-gently caress-it builds though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Yolomon Wayne posted:

If you can handle the ghost heat or stagger 2x4 thats totally fine.
The game favours still 1-button-gently caress-it builds though.
I'm having some fun with the Viper-C (5x SPL, 4x MG). Though I'm using 6 weapon groups. It's a fun gimmick mech. Wubble-Crow is still a lot better.

• Locked thread