Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

I think I got you beat on that beastie http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SKATER%20H8ER/video/23527549

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Skater h8er posted:

Made one a few weeks back called Dino crew already got 2 other goons in it n sending out more invites now that the update dropped for everyone else

Someone in the Bone thread made a club everyone's clamoring on called like Something Awful Goons so you may just wanna piggy back on that.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Beastie posted:

In my opinion all "jeeps" and motorcycles need to be like 4x heavier. They bounce around like you are on the loving moon.

Also give us more jeeps. Just basic technical style vehicles.

I have never feel dumber than tryiing to move to C in mount grappa with a sidecar. Is borderline unusable.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Tei posted:

I have never feel dumber than tryiing to move to C in mount grappa with a sidecar. Is borderline unusable.

Switch to 3rd person view and treat them like the snowmobiles from BF4. Full throttle, never lift, always jumping.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Massive patch notes: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/58616/battlefield-1-fall-update-notes-11152016

Highlights include:
  • Suez conquest now has 5 flags
  • 40 man operations now has 200 tickets, 64 man has 250
  • A bunch of LMG accuracy and suppression buffs
  • Mortars now are less accurate if you fire them quickly
  • Nerf to AA guns
  • Buff to various bombs and sights for planes
  • Snipers now get 2x incendiary or gas trip mines
  • Microtransactions for battlepacks coming soon
  • poo poo ton of other fixes

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oh and a huge one I forgot to mention:

Requesting an order now makes you squad leader after 60 seconds if you don't get an order

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
How do you give orders as a squad leader?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Snak posted:

look at an objective and spot

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Oh and a huge one I forgot to mention:

Requesting an order now makes you squad leader after 60 seconds if you don't get an order

Seems like this would be easy to abuse. Also, gently caress giving snipers anything nice. Other than that, looks cool

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Snak posted:

Down on the radial menu will let you request if you aren't the squad leader or order your squad to any point if you are the leader.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
There's a radial menu?

But spotting the objective. I can do that.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Snak posted:

There's a radial menu?

Hold the spot key I believe. (R2 on PS4)

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Snak posted:

There's a radial menu?

Hold the spot button and use the right stick to navigate. It also has social options (ha) and lets you request aid and ammo (ha ha).

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm 100% not trying to be a dick, but if goons don't know about the radial menu then there is no wonder pubbies are so loving useless.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Massive patch notes: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/58616/battlefield-1-fall-update-notes-11152016

Highlights include:
  • Suez conquest now has 5 flags
  • 40 man operations now has 200 tickets, 64 man has 250
  • A bunch of LMG accuracy and suppression buffs
  • Mortars now are less accurate if you fire them quickly
  • Nerf to AA guns
  • Buff to various bombs and sights for planes
  • Snipers now get 2x incendiary or gas trip mines
  • Microtransactions for battlepacks coming soon
  • poo poo ton of other fixes

Thing I like from the notes.

You can customize your soldier from within the UI by selecting either the icon on Home or on Soldier.

The Quit button is now available at any given time when in the End of Round

Squad XP boost has been added, you may receive this item when opening a Battlepack (not sure what this is but if it boosts our goons squads even more I am down for it)

Prone soldiers can no longer be pushed by other friendly soldiers (this is a big one)

Critical gameplay hints will now show 3 times in Multiplayer and then never again

Slightly lowered the loading times between maps

Fix for an issue where if a player accepted a friend’s invitation to a full server the player would be stuck in the lobby with "reserving slot" message

PS4: Fixed an issue where joining on a friend that is already in the same party and on the same server would result in the player being stuck in a hang state

Adding an option to filter the kill log in the HUD. You can now choose to show all, squad, self or nearby.

Added support to decouple passenger aiming from being affected by turning the vehicle.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

64 player operations is gonna take like two hours.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

quote:

You will no longer get points for destroying your team's Behemoth

Hahaha. :dice:
This looks like a pretty solid patch, lots of good changes.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

So are people using the new Xbox games club thing? Seems like a great way to group up. And drat that patch fixes so many things in a good way.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Hahaha. :dice:
This looks like a pretty solid patch, lots of good changes.

Yeah but this is :dice: so I expect just as many new things to be broken with this patch.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Beastie posted:

I'm 100% not trying to be a dick, but if goons don't know about the radial menu then there is no wonder pubbies are so loving useless.

Yeah, I've only played a couple of hours. As usual, I foolishly hoped the campaign would introduce controls and mechanics, but already there are a bunch of huge differences between how things work in singleplayer vs multiplayer. I discovered most of the controls by trial and error. Except for bayonet charge. That one's hard to miss.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

-Fixed so soldiers in stationary weapons can be road killed

gently caress.
[edit: on reflection this could be good for motorcycle murder except that]

-Nerf to AA guns

[Might mean less people using them]

gently caress.

-Nerf to mortars

gently caress.

-big buff to LMGs

Good?

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 15, 2016

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Liking everything about this patch. The guns on vehicles moving independently sounds intriguing.

As someone who plays support about 45% of the time I like the buff. I already do pretty well.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Trastion posted:

Thing I like from the notes.

You can customize your soldier from within the UI by selecting either the icon on Home or on Soldier.

The Quit button is now available at any given time when in the End of Round

GoTY

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Are squads still locked by default?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

kri kri posted:

Are squads still locked by default?

It said something about not locking them if a party of 3 or less joins together.

Edit: Squads are no longer auto locked if less than three players join a server as a party.

VVV: The whistle needs to be louder though...

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

sunday at work posted:

Hold the spot button and use the right stick to navigate. It also has social options (ha) and lets you request aid and ammo (ha ha).

If you select Go Go Go as squad leader he blows his whistle which is awesome and worth knowing about

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I've had a ton of lag since I downloaded this patch. Might also be my network crapping itself though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Is it actual lag or is it just the "connection squares" that pop up in the corner?

I've had the squares on almost every server and only like 5% of those had noticeable lag.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Beastie posted:

let's take a moment to remember that the campaign which is essentially the tutorial has controls and mechanics that are literally different from multiplayer

also lol at the lovely yewtewber guides plastered all over the main menu with beta footage and misinformation

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

God I remember how worried I was when I started the campaign and played the flying missions first. Not having yaw scared the poo poo out of me. I was so concerned they made some huge design gently caress up and didnt bring it to multi.

In retrospect they did have a huge design gently caress up. :dice:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Wait, there's yaw in the multiplayer flight controls? I haven't flown in multiplayer at all.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I haven't even considered playing campaign and honestly I think I'm a better man for it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I just figured it would be irresponsible to jump into multiplayer without knowing any of the controls. I've never played a BF game on console, and the last BF game I played was BF2.

The intro of the campaign is actually really cool.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Snak posted:

I just figured it would be irresponsible to jump into multiplayer without knowing any of the controls. I've never played a BF game on console, and the last BF game I played was BF2.

The intro of the campaign is actually really cool.

That is true. You'd be risking innocent lives. Very noble of you.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Also I could choose between waiting 15 minutes for the patch to finish downloading, or jump right into the campaign. So it seemed like a no brainer. I regret nothing, but I wish that the campaign was actually more of a tutorial, since it halfway is, and halfway isn't.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I saw a couple of gaming sites praise the game for it's campaign but other than the intro it seemed totally unremarkable. I've already forgotten more than half the single player.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
goons never play the campaign for the sake of my blood pressure

or at least be aware that it is literally worse than tutorial because it is teaching you mechanics that do not exist in multiplayer and conflates them with the actual ones

(e.g. you spot with the trench periscope by hitting the spot button, not loving staring at a dude for ten hours)

if you want to learn BF squad up with goons

positive things from based dice posted:

• Tracers that ricochet off armored vehicles are now more easily seen / Added hit indicator sound for glancing hit on vehicles.
  • Added support to decouple passenger aiming from being affected by turning the vehicle.
  • Improved server performance and bandwidth usage for airplanes.
  • Improved hit registration for airplanes, especially in close proximity dogfighting.
  • Balance players based on their skill in the current game mode instead of global skill.

:)

honestly terrible balance changes that somehow specifically benefit me posted:

• Increased blast damage and radius of Ranken darts.

• Reduced the damage a Cavalry soldier takes from headshots.
  • Increased the range that AT grenades can be thrown from horseback.

• The Armored Artillery Truck now does slightly more damage up close, and less damage at long range. The bullet drop has also been reduced
  • Vehicle deployed mines can now have up to 6 mines alive in the world at one time (was 3).

:unsmigghh:

let's go arty pegasus goons

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 15, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Spotting in the campaign is also totally different from spotting in multiplayer. In the campaign, it will liberally select an enemy vaguely in the center of the screen, while my experiance in multiplayer is "oh, an enemy *R1* oops, didn't get him *R1* still didnt get him *R-I am shot and killed*"

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The campaign is fine, it's not the most impressive thing in the world but it's a nice break from online clusterfuck. The controls aren't that radically different just a few mechanical tweaks that needed to be made for it to be any fun in a single player linear mission context.

If you are that befuddled by the controls then take a look at a control mapping it's not that difficult to figure out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

The campaign is fine, it's not the most impressive thing in the world but it's a nice break from online clusterfuck. The controls aren't that radically different just a few mechanical tweaks that needed to be made for it to be any fun in a single player linear mission context.

If you are that befuddled by the controls then take a look at a control mapping it's not that difficult to figure out.

I'm not befuddled. I was just surprised that spotting worked differently, and had no idea there was a radial menu.

It's not like I didn't try pushing every button on the controller to see what it did.