Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

FeralWraith posted:

Grrr, the only thing holding me back from trouncing the Cid Mission is a decent medica. Shared ain't gonna cut it here and I need all damage on deck to break those orbs. Stupid AoE-spamming rear end in a top hat. *grumble*

I did it with only a shared Medica, and the only relic SB I used was Boon (which was admittedly really helpful, since it meant I could bring Maria's Song instead of Shout). It's honestly a blitz combined with a hone check. U+ isn't that sturdy with the explosions giving you a hand in accelerating damage, but multiple resistances means you're more or less dedicated to physical and maybe Raines.

U++ was no sweat, thankfully due to Vaan as well as Zack's Apocalypse. I should probably look into diving Ingus for that Retaliate access since he has his Sentinel SSB, but Basch is doing fine for now. I was surprised I lost a damage medal on that fight, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Well, that was the hardest Ultimate++ in some time. If it weren't for the constant dispelling with Crushing Grip, it would probably have gone much smoother. I even had a casualty right at the end due to the counterattacks and my final Wall falling off right then and there. I still got mastery, but only barely.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Alxprit posted:

Well, that was the hardest Ultimate++ in some time. If it weren't for the constant dispelling with Crushing Grip, it would probably have gone much smoother. I even had a casualty right at the end due to the counterattacks and my final Wall falling off right then and there. I still got mastery, but only barely.

You can bring Draw Fire + Retaliate and only have to worry about magical mitigation.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Mmmm, I love it when Ultimate bosses are weak to ice. Rinoa's BSB just melted everything

It was also the first time I used Wrath on Rosa. It's an amazing combo, anyone with Divine Heal should use it

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

ApplesandOranges posted:

I did it with only a shared Medica, and the only relic SB I used was Boon (which was admittedly really helpful, since it meant I could bring Maria's Song instead of Shout). It's honestly a blitz combined with a hone check. U+ isn't that sturdy with the explosions giving you a hand in accelerating damage, but multiple resistances means you're more or less dedicated to physical and maybe Raines.

U++ was no sweat, thankfully due to Vaan as well as Zack's Apocalypse. I should probably look into diving Ingus for that Retaliate access since he has his Sentinel SSB, but Basch is doing fine for now. I was surprised I lost a damage medal on that fight, actually.

I'm stuck with either RWing Shout and playing the RNG game (which I've been losing since the bonus battles started) or running Wall and not having anywhere near the damage output needed to break the orbs. At this point, I'm saying gently caress it, roller-coasting with my A-Team, and my CM mission record and these two holy orbs can get bent. Neither of these banners is worth dropping any mythril on. Too many good banners coming up. Also it's feeling cathartic to stop going OCD on CMs, it wasn't doing me or my wallet any good.

Edit for the hell of it: My XIII SBs are:
Snow's Froststrike (useless even when the enemy doesn't resist it)
Fang's Pulsar Burst and Highwind (the former doesn't help and OF COURSE the rear end in a top hat resists both fire and wind; I've been using HW anyway for the breaks)
Hope's Brutal Sanction (the jerk doesn't resist holy, but Hope can't do much with it anyway)
Raines's Seraphic Ray (imperil holy is nice, but it's not like I can have Vanille spamming Diaga with Captain Jerkoff hammering everyone each turn)
Plenty of Non-SB synergy gear to go around (I have tons of synergy here, just no outstanding SBs to use here).

I'll egg Raines up later and try a Holy-based squad, though I really doubt it'll work.

FeralWraith fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 15, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I should probably level up Rosa, I have a 6* Artemis Bow for her and honed Wrath. I just have pretty much all my healing needs right now covered by Selphie (offense), Y'Shtola (wall), and Yuna (medica+HP stock).

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I tried the CM but couldn't handle it without a medica so...just stomped it with my A team.

U++ was rough at first, but once Faris got enough gauge for her BSB, it became a lot easier. With Full Breakdown/Power Breakdown/Protectga/SG/Trueblade of Legend, his physicals only did 200 damage, and his magic attacks only 900. :v:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

W.T. Fits posted:

I was sitting here pondering my potential Wind-element based team, and it occurred to me I have a potentially decent setup for a Holy-element team:

Paladin Cecil with Paladin Force
Firion with Weaponsmaster
Cid Raines with Seraphic Ray
Aerith with White Materia and Pulse of Life
Penelo with Intercession and Mincing Minuet

I've got two +Holy swords (Excalibur IV+ and Sun Blade II), Basch's +Holy shield (which I'm kinda regretting fusing up to a 6* now, but eh, life goes on), and a ton of staves and rods with +Holy for the casters.

What kind of ability/RM setup should I be looking to run with these guys?

Well the obvious problem to me is that you've got no Support 5 character in that setup, so you're going to want to hone up Multi Break for Penelo. So I guess if I were you I'd run with:

Pecil: Saint Cross/Lifesiphon
Firion: One or both of Power/Magic Breakdown depending on the fight, and then either Armor Breakdown or another copy of Lifesiphon
Raines: Depends on the elemental weaknesses/resists of the fight. If there's a non-holy weakness to exploit then you want to do that to get the imperil up sooner, otherwise just bring any chain spells you have well honed, especially if you can boost them, and Meteor for multi-target fights.
Aeris: Curaja and Protectga or Shellga
Penelo: Multi Break and either the other of Protect/Shellga (if it's a fight that needs mixed mitigation) or Diaga

I'd recommend to put Ace Striker/Battleforged on Pecil and Firion to keep them in burst mode as often as possible, and one of Mako Might/Dr. Mog's Teachings on Aeris so you have a medica on demand as soon as you need one. Raines could get Devotion if you aren't worried about your defenses taking a hit, or Witch of Succession/Blood of Espers if you are.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

FeralWraith posted:

I'm stuck with either RWing Shout and playing the RNG game (which I've been losing since the bonus battles started) or running Wall and not having anywhere near the damage output needed to break the orbs. At this point, I'm saying gently caress it, roller-coasting with my A-Team, and my CM mission record and these two holy orbs can get bent. Neither of these banners is worth dropping any mythril on. Too many good banners coming up. Also it's feeling cathartic to stop going OCD on CMs, it wasn't doing me or my wallet any good.

Edit for the hell of it: My XIII SBs are:
Snow's Froststrike (useless even when the enemy doesn't resist it)
Fang's Pulsar Burst and Highwind (the former doesn't help and OF COURSE the rear end in a top hat resists both fire and wind; I've been using HW anyway for the breaks)
Hope's Brutal Sanction (the jerk doesn't resist holy, but Hope can't do much with it anyway)
Raines's Seraphic Ray (imperil holy is nice, but it's not like I can have Vanille spamming Diaga with Captain Jerkoff hammering everyone each turn)
Plenty of Non-SB synergy gear to go around (I have tons of synergy here, just no outstanding SBs to use here).

I'll egg Raines up later and try a Holy-based squad, though I really doubt it'll work.

Honestly, your synergy is much better than mine, the only real benefit I have is a natural Shellga/Hastega.

If you have strong enough hones on things like Saint Cross, I'd say just burst him down with Shout. Remember that you can use Earth resist accessories (if you haven't sold any I think we have three up to this point) to help soak up his Quakes. Raines can still hold his own if you want to bring him, and if you don't want to use Dark Zones with him he can also bring Breakdowns.

Vprisoner
Jun 28, 2007

THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
THEMAINGATETHE
MAINGATETHEMAIN
GATETHEMAINGATE
SHININGLASER!!!
I guess the upside of my fight with Atlas is that SG basically let me ignore his dumb dispel gimmick. Maria's Song RW got the damage up to reasonable levels and he's thankfully slow enough that I really didn't need the hastega.

That right there is a big part of the fight I think. His dispels kinda fall flat if all your buffs are in stuff he can't get rid of, and his speed can easily be mitigated with Slowga.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

U-DO Burger posted:

Mmmm, I love it when Ultimate bosses are weak to ice. Rinoa's BSB just melted everything

It was also the first time I used Wrath on Rosa. It's an amazing combo, anyone with Divine Heal should use it

I used Serah's for that delicious synergy, just mulched the Ultimate fight. I dunno if I got lucky or what but all of his status-inflicting multicast AoE missed everyone both times he used it.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Ultimate, Ultimate+ (with CM), and Ultimate++ all mastered.

Ultimate was rendered a joke thanks to Celes, who runic'd the single target attack magic away and then used it to fuel Snowspell Strike spam.

Ultimate+ was just dropping all the damage I could muster; it says a lot when the character spamming Saint Cross is only your third highest damage dealer.

Ultimate++ Team:

Gilgamesh (LV80) | Dr. Mog's Teachings | Masamune (FFV)/Gold Bangle (5* RS)/Noel's Pendant (5* RS) | Lifesiphon R4/Saint Cross R3 (BSB: Gilgamesh Morphing Time)
Vaan (LV85) | Ace Striker | Glaive (5* RS)/Silver Bangle+++ (4*+++ RS)/Fateful Coin | Lifesiphon R4/Thief's Revenge R3 (BSB: Ark Blast)
Tyro (LV95) | Devotion | Raines's Gloves+ (5*+ RS)/Witch's Hat+++ (5*+++ RS)/Terra's Pendant | Chain Blizzaga R2/Blizzaja R4 (SBs: Sentinel's Grimoire, Keeper's Tome)
Ramza (LV87) | Battleforged | Flamberge (5* RS)/Gold Bangle (5* RS)/Aries | Power Breakdown R4/Full Break R2 (SBs: Shout, Tailwind)
Y'shola (LV75) | Mako Might | Healer's Staff++ (4*++ RS)/Flame Shield/Cat's Bell | Curaja R4/Slowga R1 (SBs: Stoneskin II, Medica II)

RW: Shout

Pulling Gilgamesh's BSB meant he got the nod over PCecil for this fight to get that old Taunt + Retaliate combo in; any lost damage from not spamming EnHoly Saint Cross was made up for by all the retaliate counter attacks, and I didn't really have to worry about physical attacks at all as a result. Even with Tyro's anemic base magic, he was still doing close to 9999 with Blizzaja after FB thanks to how much MAG the hat and gloves gave. From there, it was just grinding him into the dust slowly and recasting Slowga whenever he removed it/it ran out.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
Oh, for people having problems with the U++(taking a break right now), here's the punch line for him;

If you're running with Drawtaliate(this is a very good idea and catches every single physical move he has), his magic attacks after 80% are Crushing Grasp-which actually isn't very damaging-and Ultimate Roar-which is defense ignoring.

He does have Roar very early, too, which weirdly isn't ignore defense. Go fig.

Yeah, you can skip Wall here. I'm coming back with Rosa over Y'shtola.

SageAcrin fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 15, 2016

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Hadn't used drawtaliate for a while. I used that on Gilgamesh, plus brought in Ramza with native shout, Zack with Apocalypse, and Agrias. RW'ed prayer of the lost for the crits, that extra damage helped since I have like nothing for XIII. Took a little while, but he succumbed and I was never threatened.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Not gonna try the CM because loving hell that fight was tedious as poo poo with just the A-team

Ill try the U++ later

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Dollar pulled Raines' Gloves.

Guess it's time to look for +Holy weapons...

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
The quiet moment of resignation, when you realize you started the 60 Stamina Ultimate fight without a RM on Ramza, and have to do a large chunk of it without Shout, on your Shout-team.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

The Ultimate and U+ weren't too difficult (relatively speaking), but hoo boy is the U++ a strange puzzle if you're trying to get mastery. The tricky part, I found, was to manage to squeeze in high damage going out, low damage coming in, and the mastery condition of applying slow - at the same time. After poking around a bit with Edward and ice-based RWs, I found that Serah's Moonfrost Arrows is basically the ice version of Dusk's Decree, complete with the enelement buff. (It's what I actually ended up using for the above victory.) It took a bit more work to remove the kinks (like thinking that I should bother actually attacking with Tyro when I already have Vanille and Papalymo's Enochian Blizzaja to handle the RW), but eventually this setup worked pretty much flawlessly. With the various enelement BSBs already in place or otherwise on the horizon, my personal mage meta's in good shape to allow two casters to go to town while Edward sits back and buffs them.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Attestant posted:

The quiet moment of resignation, when you realize you started the 60 Stamina Ultimate fight without a RM on Ramza, and have to do a large chunk of it without Shout, on your Shout-team.

I have never known that moment, mine is instead the quiet desperation you experience when you realize that, after searching through pages and pages of RW for a particular one, you ended up unselecting it because it was at the top of the page and going into the fight without one at all.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Worlds collide and people fade
Seeking gates through timelines, we've all prayed
Let's fix the past, trade it now to see smiling faces
This hope, heart of Chaos cannot take
Paradoxes must break, this is the path I must take
My destiny may change your fate
The pain my heart feels is my strength

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Shock Trooper posted:

Worlds collide and people fade
Seeking gates through timelines, we've all prayed
Let's fix the past, trade it now to see smiling faces
This hope, heart of Chaos cannot take
Paradoxes must break, this is the path I must take
My destiny may change your fate
The pain my heart feels is my strength

:same:

I never played XIII-2 but I found out Naoshi Mizuta did most of the music for it after the fact. He did most of my favorite tracks from FFXI, so it turns out I love FFXIII-2's soundtrack! :toot:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

The U+ CM wasn't too bad, even if I poorly timed Fang's SSB both times to land when he had his shield up, resulting in it doing almost no damage with its fire/wind typing (a recurring theme with all of these bosses). Edit: whoops, got it confused with the Ultimate. Yeah, the U+ was fine I guess, but once again it made the fire/wind SBs worthless. Sigh.

THIS fight was a bit more of a struggle. I just didn't have good damage output. I should've brought an ice BSB RW instead, but I didn't realize how pitiful my physical damage output would be. Even with stacked Shout and Apocalypse Shield and synergy 5* weapons, Basch was doing ~2600 per retaliate hit and not really contributing damage otherwise. Ramza and Tidus were doing mediocre damage too. Luckily Krile was hitting 9999 with Blizzaja without any boosts, and hitting 9999x2 with Chain Blizzaga after using Sheepsong (which took half the fight to build up). I opted to bring three characters with Hastegas (Ramza, Tidus, and Krile) just in case, but it ended up being overkill. It felt ludicrous not bringing Fang after pulling literally ALL of her SBs, but they're basically all fire and wind and he resisted all of those, so she would've been kinda dead weight. But whatever, mastered it.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 15, 2016

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Wow Gilgamesh BSB trivializes the U++.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
U+ was a good fight, but holy moley did that music make me cringe

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
That U++ was a pain in the rear. A lot of it comes down to Atlas not spamming Ultimate Roar through the last 25%. You have to be prepared for a hard ice burn to kill him before he AoEs your team down.

L80 Cid Raines: R3 Blizzaja, R2 Chain Blizzaga, RM Witch of Succession, SSB Seraph's Wing
L80 Noel: R1 Slowga, R2 Protectga, RM Dr. Mog's Wisdom, BSB Meteor Javelin
L80 Rinoa: R5 Shiva, R4 Blizzaga, RM Scholar's Boon, BSB Sorceress's Awakening
L99 Celes: R1 Snowspell Strike, R3 Draw Fire, RM Rebel's Might, BSB Maria's Song
L80 Porom: R5 Curaja, R2 Shellga, RM Knight's Charge, SSB Sync
RW Stoneskin II

The basic gist of the fight is to start off with Protectga, Shellga and Wall, plus Draw Fire on your tank. Start buidling SB using your weaker moves. You don't want to push him past 50% until you're ready to dump on him, and you need to be ready to burn hard after 50%.

In my case, Noel landed Slowga to buy time for the overall setup. Raines started building SB via Blizzaja. Rinoa used Shiva to build bar. Celes charged up via Snowspell Strike, but Blizzaga Strike would have worked just as well (with how many times you get hit, Draw Fire will build it quickly anyway). Porom throws maintenance heals to gain more SB charge.

After the setup, the rest of my fight boiled down to this:

Noel rotating Meteor Javelin (damage + full break), the two Meteor Javelin BSB commands (large break to attack/magic) and Slowga.
Porom pops Sync with everyone at half health, as soon as the Ultimate Roars start, and uses Curaja every turn until it's time to Sync again.
Celes uses Maria's Song to boost damage, refreshes Draw Fire, then spams Frigid Blade.
Rinoa goes to town with Sorceress's Awakening and Truespell Iceraze. Scholar's Boon makes this hit for 30-40k a turn, and she's only 80 and without some insane magic boostga setup. Thanks, Tyro!
Cid was just there for dumping Chain Blizzaga as fast as possible after 50%.

Note: I did it one of the harder ways. A retaliate tank like Tyro or Gilgamesh will help, assuming you have some other way to buff damage output to outpace Ultimate Roar spam.

Varance fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 15, 2016

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Meh, I just went with max protect strategy for the U++. Agrias with Cleansing Strike, Auron with Draw Fire + Retaliate and Banishing Blade (mostly just because he's the only Tauntaliator I have with an actual SB), Lenna with her Hymn of the Fayth clone, Lightning with her BSB, and Ramza with Tailwind. Auron took all the physical damage, so all I needed was magical mitigation, and with Full Break + Magic Breakdown + Cleansing Strike + Shell, his spells didn't really do much more than tickle. I didn't even bother with Wall because why would I? I did get a bit lucky that he didn't dispel my second cast of Shout for a while, but I don't think it actually mattered that much because I ran out of Shout at the end anyway and was still in no danger whatsoever.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Zurai posted:

Meh, I just went with max protect strategy for the U++. Agrias with Cleansing Strike, Auron with Draw Fire + Retaliate and Banishing Blade (mostly just because he's the only Tauntaliator I have with an actual SB), Lenna with her Hymn of the Fayth clone, Lightning with her BSB, and Ramza with Tailwind. Auron took all the physical damage, so all I needed was magical mitigation, and with Full Break + Magic Breakdown + Cleansing Strike + Shell, his spells didn't really do much more than tickle. I didn't even bother with Wall because why would I? I did get a bit lucky that he didn't dispel my second cast of Shout for a while, but I don't think it actually mattered that much because I ran out of Shout at the end anyway and was still in no danger whatsoever.
He has a defense-piercing AoE magic attack (ultimate roar?) that was hitting me for some pretty spicy damage even through full break + ark blast + magic breakdown.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Varance posted:

Switched over to my lv99 Ashe with Dusk's Decree. 427 MAG, which should translate to 575 magic vs Omega.

Friend code: FMsa

Thank you for this. Finally got Omega Weapon down to a combination of this, and just saying gently caress it to mitigation and putting Mako Might on Quistis since she had my only feasible native Hastega for this. Even though her MND was poo poo so Stops wouldn't last as long, I was still able to finally keep chaining them while Rinoa and TERROR nuked Omega down with the Ashe BNB casts. I really was overcomplicating this, but I also needed the DPS on the Cleansing Storms.

As for the Atlas Ultimate++... the only Drawtaliate character I had anything good on was Basch (Apocalypse Shield), but I don't think the extra damage from his SB helped out that much. A second Crushing Grasp landing right after I reapplied Shout made things scary, but still managed to finish him off on the first try before I could get Ultimate Roared into oblivion.

Now to figure out who to use this MC3 lode on. I was about to use it to break TERROR if I was still struggling with Omega Weapon. Agrias is a maybe now that I have Cleansing Strike, but usually Pencil is covering my Knight needs since I have his BSB. I still never really bring Ramza along on parties even though I have Tailwind and his BSB, since I usually let Tyrone cover breakdowns. Or I just say gently caress it and break someone who has an RM I want.... maybe Cloud for the 30% sword damage? Gah, I hate that these MC3's are being rationed out so slowly when there's so many choices.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

SageAcrin posted:

I've only done two so far, but Ultima was one long sequence of maniacal laughter.

Granted, bringing Proof of Existance BSB RW does that. Waiting for power creep with some of these jackasses is definitely a valid decision.

Same goes for Mote bosses. Hey, Serah, get your drat BSB out here. I may dislike you about as much as any Final Fantasy character, but by god, at least you help cut a jerk boss down to size.

(I wonder if we'll even get Meikyo any time soon. Ayame's BSB is en-ice with hard hitting ice commands, and physical, but it's currently in FF11 event limbo.)

I didn't start the nightmares until they were already on I think #5. Turns out that yes 4 months of power creep will make the early bosses so much easier, as I discovered when I tried Kaiser Dragon on release and wanted to die.

This is also why I'm still at like 145 stamina even though I played from release. I would rather wait until my guys can autobattle content than actually pay attention to realm poo poo

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Wow Gilgamesh BSB trivializes the U++.

I completely forgot inflicting slow was a mastery condition but still got full marks. Thanks greg!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I still haven't done Mote Ifrit, CM or not. Every time it rolls over, I just go "eeeeh" and leave it there.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

U-DO Burger posted:

Do you think Wrath > Rosa SSB would be better than a straight up Aerith BSB though? Seems like a free party wide heal every turn kind of helps

I also have Tyro's BSB but he's way too busy casting wall and debuffing (He's my support) to do any of that which is a shame because his BSB is such a great support tool when I have space to cast it

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Attestant posted:

I still haven't done Mote Ifrit, CM or not. Every time it rolls over, I just go "eeeeh" and leave it there.

Same. I even have native Rinoa BSB and I still can't be bothered. Maybe next time! (probably not)

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I'll probably get to it eventually, just waiting for a good FF8 banner.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Are mote dungeons the only way to get 4-star motes?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

AweStriker posted:

Are mote dungeons the only way to get 4-star motes?

Nah, they get rewarded from other places too, from time to time. Special events, Gyshal Exchange, etc. The mote dungeons just happen to reward the biggest chunk at a time.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I'm going to tackle the Mote and Nightmare dungeons this time around (only have 1 mote and 2 NM completed) to get ready for Onion Knight and be able to make some 6* abilities if/when they're needed.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Hmm, looks like we know what the second Chain Burst banner looks like now: http://muketsu.info/FFRK/gacya/288.html

I'm finding myself a little torn. On the one hand getting the big prize there would be really good for my JP team cause I've got some pretty good Holy SBs over there. But I'm also really tempted to push my luck and do a second pull on the XI banner to try and nab Prishe's burst to go with her SSB.

Truthfully though the wiser choice is probably the former, if only because I now have three of the items on the XI banner whereas I only have two of the ones on the WoL banner.

Oh, and for anyone else playing JP who might have missed it, they've actually put out the "Multiplayer Commemorative" banner already. Has Tyro's USB, Ashe, Rosa, Edea and Sabin's BSBs, Palom's Twincast Magic Barrage, Fran's Pinpoint, Laguna's Desperado and Edge's Eblan Dual Wield.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
According to KBP, there seems to only be one more Mote dungeon listed - am I missing something? Or do we just have to wait for JP to start adding more of them? If the upcoming one is the last one, then we're gonna need more options for getting 4* motes.

Also, in the Record Dive section, there are a lot of classes referenced that we don't have yet. (Illusionist, Sage, Warmage, Paladin, etc) Are they going to be adding more Core classes to the DUs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Uncle Ulty posted:

According to KBP, there seems to only be one more Mote dungeon listed - am I missing something? Or do we just have to wait for JP to start adding more of them? If the upcoming one is the last one, then we're gonna need more options for getting 4* motes.

Also, in the Record Dive section, there are a lot of classes referenced that we don't have yet. (Illusionist, Sage, Warmage, Paladin, etc) Are they going to be adding more Core classes to the DUs?

Multiplayer Raids become the way to get 4* Motes, and new Mote Dungeons go away to make room for the Torment Dungeons (D200/250). But apparently Mote Dungeons will keep on recurring so we can't miss out on the rewards even though there'll not be new ones.

• Locked thread