Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will There Be a Perfect Team This Season?
Yes, Both 19-0 and 0-16
Yes, but only 19-0
Yes, but only 0-16
lol no
View Results

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Lote posted:

The most winnable games left on their schedule are Chargers @ Brown, Steelers @ Browns and Giants @ Browns.

The Browns have a brutal schedule this year. NFC East, Patriots, and their two "easy" teams that got last in their division last year are the Titans and the Chargers who are both 4-5. :lol:

The Browns are more likely to beat the Bills than any of those other teams IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Well we also know how much Eli loves to ruin streaks

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The Browns are definitely beating the Steelers because the Steelers are the 2nd prime example of hubris with the DNC being the prime prime example

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

With last night’s loss to the Ravens, the Browns’ all-time NFL record is 461-461-10. It’s the first time the Browns have ever been a .500 all-time team since they entered the NFL in 1950.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Dah jeez

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/Reflog_18/status/797080342704377856/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

About loving time.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

I just saw this on reddit, and it might be a more hilarious (but way more unlikely) outcome than 0-16:

quote:

If my math is right, this is what needs to happen for the Browns to win the AFC North at 6-10:

Browns win out, beating Steelers, Giants, Bengals, Bills and Chargers. Browns finish 6-10

Bengals beat the Ravens and lose to the Giants, Bills, Eagles, Browns, Steelers and Texans. Bengals finish 5-10-1

Ravens lose out to the Cowboys, Bengals, Dolphins, Patriots, Eagles and Steelers. Ravens go 5-11

Steelers need to beat the Bengals and Ravens and lose to the Colts, Giants, Bills, and Browns. Steelers go 6-10

Browns get the tie-breaker over Pittsburgh and win the AFC North at 6-10.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

chrisf posted:

I just saw this on reddit, and it might be a more hilarious (but way more unlikely) outcome than 0-16:

Print the shirts

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I found an article written before Sunday's games on how the Browns could win the AFCN:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-how-the-0-10-browns-can-win-the-afc-north-and-make-the-playoffs/
Since the Steelers lost against the Cowboys, it's still possible.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Browns are going to beat the Bengals

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
at this point i'd be pretty stunned if the browns win a game. they're so incompetent. the defense is just so bad top to bottom

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I'm not even sure if Hue is a good coach or not. Benching Kessler for McCown was such a bonehead desperate move.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
WEEK 10 UPDATE

Eliminated from the 0-16 Race

NONE

Week 10 0-16 Chase Commentary

Browns schedule

5 October 9 1:00 p.m. New England Patriots :sad:
6 October 16 1:00 p.m. at Tennessee Titans :sad:
7 October 23 1:00 p.m. at Cincinnati Bengals :sad:
8 October 30 1:00 p.m. New York Jets :sad:
9 November 6 1:00 p.m. Dallas Cowboys :sad:
10 November 10 8:25 p.m. at Baltimore Ravens :sad:
11 November 20 1:00 p.m. Pittsburgh Steelers
12 November 27 1:00 p.m. New York Giants
13 Bye
14 December 11 1:00 p.m. Cincinnati Bengals
15 December 18 1:00 p.m. at Buffalo Bills
16 December 24 1:00 p.m. San Diego Chargers
17 January 1 1:00 p.m. at Pittsburgh Steelers

Okay. The Browns now have 6 games to go. Let's take a deeper look at each of their opponents.

Week 11 - Pittsburgh Steelers

Current Record: 4-5 (2nd, AFC North)

Last 5: 1-4

After riding high to start the season the Steelers look to be sputtering a bit, stringing together 4 losses in a row. However, they played the NFL-leading Cowboys down to the wire so I think their talent is beyond what their recent record has shown. They should be the favorites by a wide margin.

Likelihood of Loss: Very High

Week 12 - New York Giants

Current Record: 6-3 (2nd, NFC East)

Last 5: 4-1

2 games back from the division-leading Cowboys, the Giants need this win very badly as all their NFC East rivals have also beaten the Browns. The Giants defense is finally starting to gel and Eli has found some of that old magic. Still, the Giants have been known to drop very winnable games in November/December, so it's worth keeping an eye on.

Likelihood of Loss: High

Week 14 - Cincinnati Bengals

Current Record: 3-5-1 (3rd, AFC North)

Last 5: 1-3-1

Forget what I said about the Giants. For the Bengals this is an absolute must-win game. They are a game and a half back from the Ravens and a season that everyone was initially proclaiming as finally the one where Andy Dalton wins a playoff game is looking more and more like a season where the Bengals fail to make the playoffs. However, in these teams' first meeting back in September the Bengals needed a lot of luck to get past the Browns. I rate this the most likely game the Browns win.

Likelihood of Loss: Moderate

Week 15 - @Buffalo Bills

Current Record: 4-5 (3rd, AFC East)

Last 5: 2-3

The Bills confuse the hell out of me. They beat down the Patriots and then struggle against the Dolphins. Right now they're riding a 3 game losing streak. Historically, Browns/Bills games have been some absolutely horrifying affairs, but with only 3 weeks of the season left when this one rolls around I think people will be curious to watch and see if the Browns really manage perfection.

Week 16 - San Diego Chargers

Current Record: 4-6 (4th, AFC North)

Last 5: 3-2

The Chargers this offseason looked like they'd be a shambling zombie corpse, but have looked pretty good at times. And at other times they've blown multiple score leads or thrown back-to-back picks to lose games. I don't know which Chargers team shows up, but given that the rest of the AFC West currently has 7 wins, the Chargers could only be playing for pride at this point. I rank this the second most likely win for the Browns.

Likelihood of Loss: Moderate

Week 17 - @Pittsburgh Steelers

Current Record: 4-5 (2nd, AFC North)

Last 5: 1-4

The commentary from above should still apply somewhat here, and this will be amplified by Pittsburgh's likely need for a win here to claim either the divisional crown or a wild card spot. However, as this is the last game of the year I give the Browns a little more credit.

Upcoming Games:
Steelers @ Browns

Nov 6, 2002

Losing to Browns would be a very Giants thing to do.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

McSpankWich posted:

The Browns will beat the Giants week 12 for their only win of the season.

edit: Why yes, I am a Giants fan

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Losing to Browns would be a very Giants thing to do.

Well they do have a history of ending streaks

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

I would laugh so hard if the Browns only win comes in Week 17 and it somehow prevents the Steelers from making the playoffs.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

MrLogan posted:

I would laugh so hard if the Browns only win comes in Week 17 and it somehow prevents the Steelers from making the playoffs.

The Browns could still technically make the playoffs. A bunch of stuff has to happen but not completely outside the realm of possibility like multiple ties, etc.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lote posted:

The Browns could still technically make the playoffs. A bunch of stuff has to happen but not completely outside the realm of possibility like multiple ties, etc.

browns win out, ravens lose out, steelers lose out except beat the ravens and bengals, bengals lose out except beat the ravens twice, then browns win the pittsburgh tiebreaker is how it has to go

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Anyone posted this yet?

Betting experts gave a line for Cleveland Browns vs Alabama:

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Betting-expert-gives-line-for-Alabama-vs-Cleveland-Browns-48996485

quote:

Hypothetically speaking, by how many points would the Cleveland Browns, the NFL's only winless team, be favored by against the top-ranked Alabama Crimson Tide?

Sports handicapper Danny Sheridan, a frequent guest for Paul Finebaum, was asked to give his hypothetical line during Monday's show:

Let's imagine for a second that these teams played on a neutral field. At many positions, Alabama's arguably more talented than the Browns, but you'd expect freshman quarterback Jalen Hurts, who's only 20 years old, to struggle against an NFL secondary and pass rush.

I'm not sure the Browns could score 27 points to cover considering they have the league's 30th-ranked scoring offense at just 17.4 points per game. Depth would be an issue for the Crimson Tide, but a non-offensive score would likely be enough to win with Alabama +27.

And don't worry — as long as Alabama keeps winning and the Browns fall deeper into oblivion, it's a question that'll keep coming up each and every week.

I don't know that I'd take that bet...

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Joey Freshwater posted:

Anyone posted this yet?

Betting experts gave a line for Cleveland Browns vs Alabama:

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Betting-expert-gives-line-for-Alabama-vs-Cleveland-Browns-48996485

I don't know that I'd take that bet...

Each and every player on the Browns would be a starter or in discussions to be the starter if they were at Alabama. The Browns special teamers would crush Alabama special teamers, and the Browns could clown on them at will.

There are 52 players that played at Alabama currently on NFL rosters. The differences between the teams would become much more apparent the further down in the depth chart you get. You'd basically have Joe Haden and other CBs do man coverage against all of the Alabama wide receivers and stack the box. Alabama can't kick a field goal past 40 yards. Alabama wouldn't score.

Lote fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 15, 2016

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

It's purely academic. Have Pryor run the read option and give Saban fits all day

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

These Browns easily lose to the 0-16 Lions and it isn't even close. That's a bet I'd take, not College vs NFL

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I'm aware that the Browns would beat Bama, and so is the article, but if you'd read it - they're asking if Bama could cover the spread or not.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm aware that the Browns would beat Bama, and so is the article, but if you'd read it - they're asking if Bama could cover the spread or not.

My point being it would be Browns 49 - Alabama 0. It's almost impossible to handicap a team with such a huge gulf in talent. 27 points aint enough.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Browns would drop 100 points on Alabama. They'd dominate the line on every play.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I would still love to see Alabama play the Browns. Like, I realize despite being the worst team in the NFL, they'd probably clown Alabama. But I do feel there's a part of me that thinks Alabama could keep up.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Bigass Moth posted:

Browns would drop 100 points on Alabama. They'd dominate the line on every play.

You're overvaluing the hell out of Erving and Shelton. I'm not convinced Erving casts a shadow.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Alabama only scored 10 points against LSU, they wouldn't keep up with any NFL team.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You're overvaluing the hell out of Erving and Shelton. I'm not convinced Erving casts a shadow.

Erving sucks but he would clown college players. He did it in college.

Shelton is having a really good year.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

These Browns easily lose to the 0-16 Lions and it isn't even close. That's a bet I'd take, not College vs NFL

See now this is a fantasy matchup I could get behind. Quick someone fire up Madden!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I don't know who wins head-to-head but a roster breakdown and comparison might be interesting. I don't know anything about this season's Browns but that 08 Lions squad was definitely less than the sum of its parts, even if you give equal weight to Calvin being there (:smith:). They went 7-9 the previous year with largely the same group!

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 16, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I'm glad other people in this thread realize that the Giants are going to give the Browns their only win, it was always destiny

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

C-Euro posted:

I don't know who wins head-to-head but a roster breakdown and comparison might be interesting. I don't know anything about this season's Browns but that 08 Lions squad was definitely less than the sum of its parts, even if you give equal weight to Calvin being there (:smith:). They went 7-9 the previous year with largely the same group!
On the bright side, you ended up with Matthew Stafford because of '08 :)

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

C-Euro posted:

There were some bad calls late in the season in winnable games. I shouted at the time it was because the refs didn't want to embarrass someone by letting the Lions win. Now I can look back and say that's a laughable overreaction, and a team should be strong enough to handle a bad call and still win. But there were some close loses that could have gone the other way.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

axeil posted:

See now this is a fantasy matchup I could get behind. Quick someone fire up Madden!

I've run it a few times on WhatIfSports (using Reliant Stadium (they don't call it NRG for some reason) as the site, because of course this game should take place at the Super Bowl venue) and the 2016 Browns always seem to win big. One sim came out 55-0 Browns.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Who are you using as the Browns QB? It may really like Cody Kessler.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Speleothing posted:

There were some bad calls late in the season in winnable games. I shouted at the time it was because the refs didn't want to embarrass someone by letting the Lions win. Now I can look back and say that's a laughable overreaction, and a team should be strong enough to handle a bad call and still win. But there were some close loses that could have gone the other way.

And that's why I argued earlier in this thread that going 0-16 takes a not-insignificant amount of (bad) luck. You could say that this is manifesting itself in the number of QB injuries that Cleveland has strung together this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

C-Euro posted:

And that's why I argued earlier in this thread that going 0-16 takes a not-insignificant amount of (bad) luck. You could say that this is manifesting itself in the number of QB injuries that Cleveland has strung together this year.

How unlucky is it really when you sign rg3 to be the qb1 and he gets hurt?

• Locked thread