Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Hopefully they're not going to kill all of us who are still on the plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lexicon
Jul 29, 2003

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.
Source for this?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I was helping my sister get on the MB plan. Today was her billing cycle and I logged in to change it to MB plan. It's not an option anymore. I then checked the thread on howard forums and other people are reporting the same thing.

Anyways, I can't seem to find how you cancel an account through their self serve website. When you call in, it tells you that you get charged $10 for cancelling over the phone opposed to the site. Anyone know how to cancel through self serve?

My sister is going through public mobile. I hope my MB plan keeps otherwise I'll switch to public too.

Edit: looks like the best way to cancel is to go to the Koodo brick and mortar. Also, howardforums says this could be a glitch and has happened before. People with legit MB addresses tied to their account can't see the plan either. I'm not sure if they would remove the MB plan completely. I might just wait until next week.

Housh fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 11, 2016

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Got my LG G4 back from a warranty repair and found that not only did the repair centre replace the motherboard (the CPU had fried itself), they gave me a new battery and back. Also my bluetooth audio problems were mysteriously fixed as well.

drat near brand new phone a year after for free.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
The Bluetooth is generally built into the motherboard so that makes sense.

When I saw G4 and warranty in the first sentence, my first thought was bootloop and I was about to express my condolences. Glad it didn't go that direction, though.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
A few guys at work with G4s had that bootloop issue, got it 'fixed,' and promptly sold the phones.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I didn't get a bootloop, the phone would actually boot in to the OS just fine but the second you tried to do anything it would hard lock and require a battery pull. This was apparently caused by a few of the cores failing, at least according to the info I got from the Fido rep. The repair notes I got stated that they replaced the M/B and gave me a new battery. The back cover I sent in had the leather starting to peel up around the edges and the one I got back was pristine.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Housh posted:

I was helping my sister get on the MB plan. Today was her billing cycle and I logged in to change it to MB plan. It's not an option anymore. I then checked the thread on howard forums and other people are reporting the same thing.

Anyways, I can't seem to find how you cancel an account through their self serve website. When you call in, it tells you that you get charged $10 for cancelling over the phone opposed to the site. Anyone know how to cancel through self serve?

My sister is going through public mobile. I hope my MB plan keeps otherwise I'll switch to public too.

Edit: looks like the best way to cancel is to go to the Koodo brick and mortar. Also, howardforums says this could be a glitch and has happened before. People with legit MB addresses tied to their account can't see the plan either. I'm not sure if they would remove the MB plan completely. I might just wait until next week.

Just switch, have PM terminate your koodo account in minutes.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

yippee cahier posted:

Just switch, have PM terminate your koodo account in minutes.
I ordered two PM cards. I dunno if she still wants that MB area code since we're all in ON. Can I just get a new number after it's ported over?

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

I just ordered my SIM card for PM. Anyone want me to use their referral link and then maybe someone can use mine after?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
email me for referral :homebrew: jm20@cogeco.ca

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

I ordered two SIM cards and both of them showed "invalid sim" during sign up. PMed a moderator but it sounds like their response times for tickets is getting pretty long

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Transferred both linked koodo accounts over to PM this Saturday. No problems at all. I had to do some thinking as the port process asked for an alternate phone number for some reason with no way to look up what that was on the koodo self serve site. Fortunately either it didn't matter or we used each others number as an alternate when signing up and porting was virtually instant.

No problems so far. Here's to hoping I never have to contact support i guess.

Oh, one minor annoyance is that the sign up page doesn't let you paste passwords so I had to get I keepass to autotype it for me.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

Alternative number = "how do we contact you now that we screwed up your phone number with a failed port attempt?"

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
PM support is non-existent so when they sent me an empty SIM card mailer I just ate the $5 loss and ordered another.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Good thing I ordered two PM SIMs. Hopefully one will make it.

urf
Jul 12, 2009

Risky Bisquick posted:

email me for referral :homebrew: jm20@cogeco.ca

check your email

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I've accumulated several dollars in referrals, goons are the best

urf
Jul 12, 2009
Has anyone had trouble getting activated on Public Mobile because they can't process your credit card?
I know it's not a problem with the actual CCs since they've both been recently used with no issues.
Guess I need to try customer service.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

urf posted:

Has anyone had trouble getting activated on Public Mobile because they can't process your credit card?
I know it's not a problem with the actual CCs since they've both been recently used with no issues.
Guess I need to try customer service.

I did and it was my billing address. It has to be 100% exactly what is on file with your credit card company.

Also, anyone signing up feel free to send a referral my way. PM me for email. Bisquik is probably paying $2 a month at this point lol.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Give dillbag a referral, I have 4 numbers on file as referred, but have 7 referrals worth of rewards :iiam:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Risky Bisquick posted:

Give dillbag a referral, I have 4 numbers on file as referred, but have 7 referrals worth of rewards :iiam:

Haha no worries, I was just giving you a hard time. The extra rewards you're seeing might be the discount for setting up auto-pay.

but yeah, gimme a referral

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Risky Bisquick posted:

I've accumulated several dollars in referrals, goons are the best

I've been evangelising the PM plan to friends and family since I signed up, I'm down to $34/month :getin:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

a fleshy snood posted:

I've been evangelising the PM plan to friends and family since I signed up, I'm down to $34/month :getin:

:unsmith: Total Rewards earned($24)

Dillbag posted:

Haha no worries, I was just giving you a hard time. The extra rewards you're seeing might be the discount for setting up auto-pay.

but yeah, gimme a referral

No the system is pretty screwy but I'm not complaining if I get more. I have exactly 6 referrals worth of rewards but 4 lines showing (I can see your numbers too)

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
LOL

quote:

Public Mobile here! Thanks for coming to order a SIM card. Unfortunately, you’ll need to come back next week since we’ve temporarily stopped shipping SIM cards. Why? We thought you’d want to know. It’s simple: any SIM cards that are ordered now will not make it into your hands before the end of our promotion (Sunday, November 20 at 11:59pm) and we don’t want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed. But do come back and check us out next week – we’d love to have you join us.

-The Public Mobile team

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
So two weeks ago they sent me two SIM card mailers and one didn't have a SIM card. I immediately sent them a message but figured they have poo poo customer support so just ate the $5 and ordered another. Got it a couple days later.

Anyways so just today I get an email saying they are shipping me one fedex. Anyone in Hamilton really need one?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

cowofwar posted:

So two weeks ago they sent me two SIM card mailers and one didn't have a SIM card. I immediately sent them a message but figured they have poo poo customer support so just ate the $5 and ordered another. Got it a couple days later.

Anyways so just today I get an email saying they are shipping me one fedex. Anyone in Hamilton really need one?

I'll pick it up if you aren't in a rush.

ed: unless someone immediately needs a card. I just need an extra one eventually.

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 16, 2016

urf
Jul 12, 2009

Dillbag posted:

I did and it was my billing address. It has to be 100% exactly what is on file with your credit card company.

Also, anyone signing up feel free to send a referral my way. PM me for email. Bisquik is probably paying $2 a month at this point lol.

I tried that, no dice. I sent an email for customer support. Didn't want to wait in case the issue wouldn't get resolved before the end of the deal so I got 120$ of vouchers and activated just fine. I figure three months is enough time for them to find out how to get my credit cards working on their lovely web-forms etc.

Different problem now: Wind won't authorise porting my number over, could it be because of too many failed attempts raising from kind of red flag? Gotta deal with that now I guess.

I got the plan at least.

It'd be hilarious if all the times I tried to activate gave Risky Bisquick a bunch of extra referrals

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Oh jesus I just had a brain fart moment.

Just activated my public mobile account, I'm expecting it takes a little while for things to transfer...But I was using an iPhone 5S on telus. I know they're the same network and all, but do I need to get this thing unlocked now? I can't believe I didn't think of that.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

No you're good

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

THC posted:

No you're good

Really? Hmm. Nothing seems to be working on Public Mobile yet, my account doesn't show any features on it. Any idea how long it takes for a port to go through?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Phones locked to telus or koodo will work with PM, they use the same carrier code. What do you mean any features? when you pop the activated sim in something should happen, whether it be cannot activate cellular or it shows the PM as the carrier.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Risky Bisquick posted:

Phones locked to telus or koodo will work with PM, they use the same carrier code. What do you mean any features? when you pop the activated sim in something should happen, whether it be cannot activate cellular or it shows the PM as the carrier.

Shows public mobile as the carrier, voice/data/text is not activated. Going onto the public mobile site, my account has no features whatsoever.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
I signed up for the PM deal yesterday and got a temporary number since I am switching from Koodo. I sent them an email to port my number. I couldn't find any way to add multiple numbers to the same account so I signed up my wife with a second account, and used my temporary number as a referral. Here's hoping the referral system is smart enough to figure everything out after the numbers get ported (who am I kidding, there's no chance in hell it'll go smoothly)

24 hours later and neither number have been ported yet :sigh:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

MA-Horus posted:

Shows public mobile as the carrier, voice/data/text is not activated. Going onto the public mobile site, my account has no features whatsoever.

Message them on facebook or their moderators on the forum

BANME.sh posted:

I signed up for the PM deal yesterday and got a temporary number since I am switching from Koodo. I sent them an email to port my number. I couldn't find any way to add multiple numbers to the same account so I signed up my wife with a second account, and used my temporary number as a referral. Here's hoping the referral system is smart enough to figure everything out after the numbers get ported (who am I kidding, there's no chance in hell it'll go smoothly)

24 hours later and neither number have been ported yet :sigh:

PM is 1 number per account. I also had two numbers so I have email1@gmail.com and email1+email2@gmail.com as accounts. Google only uses the first portion of the email, so all the emails go to the email1 inbox.

Don't worry about referrals until you're past porting issues :)

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

PM is utterly hosed with influx logjam and nobody will have a smooth port in for a week.

They've also setup emergency in-store sim pickup depots at their downtown Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto Telus HQs this weekend because people must have been freaking out at them.

I hope it gets real messy and the other big two take it as further proof that Canadian customers don't really want lower prices.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

shadow puppet of a posted:

PM is utterly hosed with influx logjam and nobody will have a smooth port in for a week.

They've also setup emergency in-store sim pickup depots at their downtown Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto Telus HQs this weekend because people must have been freaking out at them.

I hope it gets real messy and the other big two take it as further proof that Canadian customers don't really want lower prices.

Fido and Virgin are price matching now fyi ed: in select markets (BC/AB)

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Hmm. So I checked the facebook page and I realized I had 120 bucks in balance. So I added the plan, now voicemail and inbound/outbound calling works. Just data giving me issues now.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

MA-Horus posted:

Hmm. So I checked the facebook page and I realized I had 120 bucks in balance. So I added the plan, now voicemail and inbound/outbound calling works. Just data giving me issues now.

What device are you using? you may need to set the APN manually if you didnt get a 'carrier settings' update or might need to reset your LG phone lol awful

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

All working now

Not exactly user-friendly, but loving worth it. Phone bill went from 96/mo for unlimited talk/text/2gb, to 60-75 for 100 local/text/2gb, to this.

MA-Horus fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 18, 2016