Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/Carl_C_Icahn/status/798566455600095232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Serf posted:

like what reason do I have not to just quit my job, live for as long as I can off my savings and enjoy myself and then just see what happens

Because on the off chance you're wrong, you'd really regret it?

Wait until Jan. 20 at the very least. Trump can't do poo poo till then.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

comingafteryouall posted:

lol at people hoping the Republicans have a civil war while they control all three branches of government.

why would they have a civil war? they'll simply hash out a couple of deals where each side gets something they want and everything will be honky dory for them.

the base will justify whatever the administration does, and any flip flopping will be more proof of Trump's genius.

And then what happens when Trump ignores the deals and does what he wanted to do anyways? That's how his corporate deals have always worked.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Serf posted:

my savings will last me all of six months but that is not something I consider a downside at this point in time

You want some serious advice? IIRC you're a Bad Poster but I'm all out of fucks to give. Keep your day job. Buy a gun or several guns. Go to a gun range after work and learn to shoot them. Learn basic survival tips, buy basic supplies and get ready for the game to start. We're only going to get to play once, there are no extra lives or do-overs so you need to make your turn count. Most people are just going to be RIP out the gate and the first thing to consider is how are you going to not be one of those?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

euphronius posted:

Our only hope was trump looking long term and not thinking current rift wing coalition would win in 2020 but lol he's nominating sessions and guiliani so welp

lol you think Trump thinks. He is simply a series of muscles that act/react to outside stimuli without the use of a central nervous system. He is literally human cancer.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Serf posted:

my savings will last me all of six months but that is not something I consider a downside at this point in time

Well poo poo, if you're serious about it do some groundwork first. Make sure you've got a solid circle of dependable friends you can ride it out with; ten dudes in a three bedroom apartment with two jobs between them at any given time actually works pretty well if everyone is on the same page. One of the happiest times of my life. Also one of the most infection-prone, so try and get at least one RN on board.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

The Nastier Nate posted:

Donald is our Maud'Dib, a charismatic leader that changed the way the disenfranchised fremen thought, and brought them into the spotlight. He was ultimately brought down by over extension and plain old hubris. Ivanka will be our Leto II and set us on the golden path for 4,000 years. Maybe Tiffany can be Alia when she realizes she's been shafted her entire life and makes a play for the throne.

lmfaooo ok yea im drinking white russians 2day so I can get schwifty n drink milk (almond milk, the night crew milk) at the same :yeah:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

1) Uh, weren't you, at least in theory, running for President dude?

2) Did Ben Carson just accidentally throw shade at Trump?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

:barf:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh well as long as Carl ichann is happy

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Honestly, the only hope is we get media coverage on people who die because of changes made to healthcare and the economy crashes combined with a galvanized democratic base

the Republicans aren't going to eat themselves because they're not stupid and the big money donors know they have to give the base something to keep them voting

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

1) Uh, weren't you, at least in theory, running for President dude?

2) Did Ben Carson just accidentally throw shade at Trump?

You don't need to be qualified to be President. The public just has to be stupid enough to elect you.

Trump.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Powered Descent posted:

"Now, I don't pretend to tell you how to find happiness and love when every day is just a struggle to survive, but I do insist that you do survive, because the days and the years ahead are worth living for. One day, soon, Man is going to be able to harness incredible energies, maybe even the atom. Energies that could ultimately hurl us to other worlds in some sort of spaceship. And the men that reach out into space will be able to find ways to feed the hungry millions of the world and to cure their diseases. They will be able to find a way to give each man hope and a common future. And those are the days worth living for." -Edith Keeler, 1930

this just makes things suck even harder

but nah, gently caress it I guess. why not keep fighting? nothing better to do

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:fuckoff:

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Powered Descent posted:

"Now, I don't pretend to tell you how to find happiness and love when every day is just a struggle to survive, but I do insist that you do survive, because the days and the years ahead are worth living for. One day, soon, Man is going to be able to harness incredible energies, maybe even the atom. Energies that could ultimately hurl us to other worlds in some sort of spaceship. And the men that reach out into space will be able to find ways to feed the hungry millions of the world and to cure their diseases. They will be able to find a way to give each man hope and a common future. And those are the days worth living for." -Edith Keeler, 1930

what the gently caress is this nonsense lol

go to hell, Edith

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Then they came for our XMens and I said nothing.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

And then what happens when Trump ignores the deals and does what he wanted to do anyways? That's how his corporate deals have always worked.

lol if you think Trump can't figure out that the government works a little differently than a corporation

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

also he's going to hand over the keys to trump whose stuffing his white house full of neo-nazis and neo-confederates without a peep

What is he supposed to do, get Biden to lay down in front of the driveway? Trump won the election.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

God drat I want a Bannon/Ryan civil war within the party so bad. I want a knife fight. I want this administration to be too paralyzed by incompetence to do anything. We all thought losing the election would signal the start of GOP civil war but it looks like winning will do it anyways.

erd berlls

Don't worry the cycle of "I love him!" -> "oops he said some heinous poo poo that only he can teflon Don away, I don't like him!" -> "I'm not with him anymore" -> *silence* "I love him!" will continue unabated from the campaign.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

maybe the dnc should listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9py4aMK3aIU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol if you would give up the chance to someday operate the guillotine all these fucks are going to get sent to just because it's easier to die now and be done with it

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
donald trump

Serf
May 5, 2011

Phyresis posted:

You want some serious advice? IIRC you're a Bad Poster but I'm all out of fucks to give. Keep your day job. Buy a gun or several guns. Go to a gun range after work and learn to shoot them. Learn basic survival tips, buy basic supplies and get ready for the game to start. We're only going to get to play once, there are no extra lives or do-overs so you need to make your turn count. Most people are just going to be RIP out the gate and the first thing to consider is how are you going to not be one of those?

lol

I've got most of this down already so we'll see what happens

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

comingafteryouall posted:

lol if you think Trump can't figure out that the government works a little differently than a corporation

lol at the impossible way you've managed to still sincerely believe Trump learns things. The dude can't read

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

blamegame posted:

I don't blame him, Ben actually has like a life. The Trump cabinet is all rejects

this. ben has lovely politics and ideas/beliefs. but he in theory knows his limits. he ran for a president for book sales and thats it. id rather have him stay being a good brain surgeon and bad writer and he seems to feel the same. my guess is he probably can also guess how this is all gonna end and wants to steer clear.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

crazy cloud posted:

lol at the impossible way you've managed to still sincerely believe Trump learns things. The dude can't read

he wasn't elected to read he was elected to lead

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Cephalocidal posted:

It could've been worse. At least I had insurance at the time. ~little miracles~ Also when the infection cleared and my groin stopped looking like a three-day old corpse in the Everglades the skin didn't cinch all the way back up - this was actually pretty awesome, since to that point I'd spent my entire life dealing with intensely painful erections due to a botched circumcision.

This may or may not be a metaphor for accelerationism in America.

If by metaphor you mean "exact reproduction in miniature".

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

The Nastier Nate posted:

I guess now it''s official that Ben Carson had no intention of being president and just wanted to sell a few books. A 25 year old man died so that Dr. Carson could rake up a few more speaking fees.
...and now he's the voice of a reason. Chalk up another "death is certain" please.

It was official that week he was in the lead and clearly didn't want to be, and then showed the only spark of life he had in the whole campaign when he got mad at reporters for looking into the details of his books (see: HOW COME NO ONE EVER LOOKED INTO OBAMAS PAST!?!?!)

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Lum_ posted:

What is he supposed to do, get Biden to lay down in front of the driveway? Trump won the election.

At least they can rip off all the T keys in the keyboards in the WH like Clinton's team did with the W's.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

crazy cloud posted:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Road runner is donald trump and wile e coyote is the gope 🎺

added to headcanon and also millenialsspeakonlyinmemereferencestofiction.xls

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
How many votes did Robert Morrow get?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

how did he write that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't even think the abortion ban is going to help Dems much.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wall Is Life posted:

Seriously, Bolton is not only in the inner circle like these other potential picks are but his foreign policy views are directly opposed to Trump's. Maybe the idea is to win over congressional republicans?

lmao he went back on all his promises less than 24 hours after elected and you still think he's got views

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

tadashi posted:

At least they can rip off all the T keys in the keyboards in the WH like Clinton's team did with the W's.

I doubt they'll do anything that petty, at least while Obama is teaching Trump what the president has to actually do on the day to day.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

lmao he went back on all his promises less than 24 hours after elected and you still think he's got views

actually I believe you'll find that he is still quite willing to say the words radical islamic terrorism

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Vertical Lime posted:

how did he write that

He didnt, he just has em, acme leaves piles of em just layin around

he holds em up because he's conditioned to do so by how good he feels when he sees how hard whatever is on the sign trolls wile

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

tadashi posted:

they actually did that? that's hilariously petty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Phyresis posted:

One of the parties has been shouting that government is actually the source of everyone's problems for decades. Is it surprising that a lot of people believe them? The GOP needs to be completely destroyed, but it's obvious that it won't be. A lot of people are still under the delusion that the left can somehow recover from this, which is completely laughable. There just isn't enough time relative to the various existential crises that are barreling at us at full speed. It's just not going to matter.

and like a pheonix, rise from the ashes

the ashes being the bodies of the poor and vulnerable. I won't say poo poo won't get bad, I'm saying the accelerationists were right. need to let the old order immolate itself in its own ideological bullshit, struggle through the aftermath and hope you are among those that get to rebuild. In the mean time go bash a fash so those assholes don't get to set the tone of the new paradigm post-collapse

• Locked thread